PDA

View Full Version : Blood Bowl ver2

Aran Thule
2015-09-24, 09:28 AM
Well a new Blood Bowl has been released and I'm tempted to get it.
However i thought i would see the opinions of everyone here first.
From the look of things you only get the starter teams, i expect you have to pay for DLC to get the rest.
How does it work compared to the old version and has anyone tried multiplayer yet.

Brother Oni
2015-09-25, 06:08 AM
Well a new Blood Bowl has been released and I'm tempted to get it.
However i thought i would see the opinions of everyone here first.
From the look of things you only get the starter teams, i expect you have to pay for DLC to get the rest.
How does it work compared to the old version and has anyone tried multiplayer yet.

BB2 has been discussed in quite some detail in the main Blood Bowl thread (post 676 onwards) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?419133-Blood-Bowl-ITP-III-Where-You-Either-Win-or-Blame-Nuffle-Sometimes-Both/page23).

MLai
2015-09-25, 11:30 PM
Reading the main BB thread...

It seems like if you're a BB newbie, you should go for BB2 because it's vastly prettier, but you may wish to wait until some patches and DLCs show up. Or for a sale or expansion if you can really wait.

If you're a BB:CE veteran, you may want to skip BB2 until it's much beefier and smoother, like after a GotY edition goes on sale. Because there are many legacy annoyances, new annoyances, head-scratching annoyances, and only 8 teams (compared to 23).

Aran Thule
2015-09-28, 04:48 AM
Thanks, its a lot on money to spend so i think waiting for a while is probably the best bet.

Silfir
2015-09-30, 06:44 AM
I made a decision to support Cyanide as thanks for how much fun I've had with the old BB, by buying at full price at release. I'm also planning on buying Amazons once they come out, and picking up a bunch of DLC races at sales. You can explore a good variety of playstyles the game has to offer with the base game races.

I couldn't fault players unfamiliar with BB to begin with to wait for the game to be polished some more, maybe until the next Steam sale. (It's just that if too many players hold off on buying the game, there's a possibility Cyanide won't be able to finance their way to a full set of playable races.)