PDA

View Full Version : Arcanist Build Suggestions - NEED HALP!

xFatalFuryx
2015-09-24, 05:57 PM
Hello everyone, as my title suggestions I'm looking for an Arcanist build. I've seen the "control" is one of the better battlefield rolls for a spellcaster so i guess ill do that but i also want to use a bow. if you guys could give me some ideas on spells and feats or any other suggestions and recommendations that would be great. Oh and as a side note this will be my first time playing a caster so i don't know jack. :D

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-24, 06:10 PM
Hello everyone, as my title suggestions I'm looking for an Arcanist build. I've seen the "control" is one of the better battlefield rolls for a spellcaster so i guess ill do that but i also want to use a bow. if you guys could give me some ideas on spells and feats or any other suggestions and recommendations that would be great. Oh and as a side note this will be my first time playing a caster so i don't know jack. :D

Do you mean the pathfinder class called "arcanist" or do you just mean an arcane spellcaster?

xFatalFuryx
2015-09-24, 07:29 PM
Do you mean the pathfinder class called "arcanist" or do you just mean an arcane spellcaster?

haha sorry failed to state that this is Pathfinder.

DMVerdandi
2015-09-24, 09:52 PM

Arcane strike.
Deadly AimPoint blank shot, then precise shot, rapid shot many-shot
Get a endless ammunition enchantment on your ranged weapon of choice
Play an elf of some sort
Get Smiting spell (from 3.5) if possible
Longshot,Greater Magic Weapon, Versatile weapon are good buffs for your archery in particular

Spell types that you should prepare often are... A. Buffs(spells that give you and others numeric bonuses. For example. Bear's endurance gives you +4 to constitution. Solid.)

Abjuration Spells. These specialize in defense.

Divination spells. Especially things that give you far vision.

Conjuration/Summoning. Best to have scouts as spotters for your sniping, as well as beasts that can defend you while you are making the shots that count.

Eventually move into Eldritch Knight, and PERHAPS, two levels of arcane archer. If you do, you MUST take the practiced spell caster feat so you don't lose caster levels. Or you could just as easily stay an arcanist 20.

The two metamagic spells that will do the best for you are probably extend spell and Quicken spell

legomaster00156
2015-09-24, 10:01 PM
Alternatively, play an Eldritch Archer Magus (https://data.archive.moe/board/tg/image/1442/38/1442387344929.jpg). Ranged gish-in-a-can.