PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a spell

nintendoh
2015-09-24, 07:38 PM
Im looking for a spell to use for my swordican. I read a story a while back about a sorcerer that used a spell that basically had two blades floating by him and attacked when he did. Is this a real thing? Controlling daggers that float around like an ioun stone and attack like spectral blade, but you can't direct them. Where and what is that, or is the cake a lie

RolandDeschain
2015-09-24, 08:08 PM
Sounds like Steeldance from the Spell Compendium

nintendoh
2015-09-26, 12:59 AM
Your awesome gunslinger

NevinPL
2015-09-26, 06:09 AM
There's an nerfratta free original of it in MoF.

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-26, 06:27 AM
There's an nerfratta free original of it in MoF.

Meh. The MoF version has a lower, fixed Bab and is much easier to hit. At least they can be enhanced by magic before being put to use. The slightly lower damage on the updated version seems like a worthwhile trade-off unless you were planning to make it a kind of signature move of sorts and invest heavily in the targetted daggers. Even then it's close.

Upon review, the only advantage of the MoF version is that they can be moved away from the caster and setup flanking situations.

NevinPL
2015-09-27, 05:36 AM
Meh. The MoF version has a lower, fixed Bab and is much easier to hit. At least they can be enhanced by magic before being put to use. The slightly lower damage on the updated version seems like a worthwhile trade-off unless you were planning to make it a kind of signature move of sorts and invest heavily in the targetted daggers. Even then it's close.
MoF version is easier to hit, but tougher (one handed blade), but as a medium animated object it does have a "fixed" BAB.

Upon review, the only advantage of the MoF version is that they can be moved away from the caster and setup flanking situations.
Like I've mentioned before, not only.

I personally use a mash-up - moving like one from MoF, rest from SpC :)