PDA

View Full Version : What is a Ring of Minor Change Shape Worth?

Gale
2015-09-24, 07:44 PM
Changelings most notable class feature is obviously Minor Change Shape. But how much is it worth in gold pieces? I've been thinking of making an item that could mimic its effects. I figured it would be priced at about 3,600 gp or twice the price of a Hat of Disguise since the effect wouldn't be illusioned. However, I feel the existence of such an item likely undermines the main strength of Changelings and therefore warrant a higher price.

If you were creating this item how much would you price it at?

Crake
2015-09-24, 09:40 PM
Changelings most notable class feature is obviously Minor Change Shape. But how much is it worth in gold pieces? I've been thinking of making an item that could mimic its effects. I figured it would be priced at about 3,600 gp or twice the price of a Hat of Disguise since the effect wouldn't be illusioned. However, I feel the existence of such an item likely undermines the main strength of Changelings and therefore warrant a higher price.

If you were creating this item how much would you price it at?

I'd say you have it about right to be honest. As a purely cosmetic change, it wouldn't be worth too much more than disguise self. Considering you can also get minor change shape as a 1st level egoist psion, think of it less as the "main strength of changelings" and more "a 1st level class feature", and a minor class feature at that.