PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Fear stacking build with Unchained Intimidate

EisenKreutzer
2015-09-25, 02:54 AM
I've had this idea for a build rolling around in my noggin for a long time, where I take the Dread psionic class, three dips into Antipaladin and a single level of Rogue (Thug).

The idea is to abuse Aura of Cowardice and Frightening to debuff an opponent. With Unchained Intimidate, this seems like it could acually work.

Is this idea even worth considering?

grarrrg
2015-09-25, 10:52 AM
Are we to assume you are using the UnRogue and taking Thug?
Main downside to the Antipaladin is the 10ft. limit, still useful to make tough-as-nails melee types pee themselves, not so useful for crowds or archers.

EDIT: Nothing to see here...move along...

EisenKreutzer
2015-09-25, 11:16 AM
Are we to assume you are using the UnRogue and taking Thug?
Main downside to the Antipaladin is the 10ft. limit, still useful to make tough-as-nails melee types pee themselves, not so useful for crowds or archers.

The main idea behind the Antipaladin dip is to be able to use Intimidate on things that are normally immune to fear effects.
Derp, I completely forgot that the Dread gets his own identical aura. I am currently re-evaluating whether Antipaladin is really neccessary for this build. The extra -4 vs. Fear effects is tempting, but the payoff seems small for the three level investment.

Any ideas for ways to make this build work?

pssssst...pretty sure you can edit titles too!

I don't brain very good.