PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Archetypes that grant 9 level casting...

The Vagabond
2015-09-25, 06:30 PM
But only for a handfull of spells?

Primarily as a thought experiment, I was thinking about how one would balance archetypes that granted characters 9 level casting. The first thing that came to my head was trading Paladin casting for casting from the healers list, and it sort of blossomed from there. So I ended up thinking about how one would balance it, and I ended up coming up with these:

Paladin: Trade Paladin Spellcasting for Healer spellcasting.
Fighter: Trade Weapon and Armor trading and Bravery for Warmage spell casting, or the ability to prepare and cast Wizard divinations as a magus of equal level.
Rouge (Unchained): Trade Rogue's Edge, Finesse Training, and your level 4, 12, and 18 rogue talents to be able to cast spells from the Divination school as a Wizard of equal level.
Cavalier: Trade Tactician line, and Banner line for the ability to cast either divinations drawn from the Wizard list as a Wizard, or Enchantments as a Magus.

Either way, I was wondering: Is it possible to make it so that the trade aways would be balanced, even in a low-optimization group?

stack
2015-09-25, 09:40 PM
For what it's worth, there are archetypes that give a degree of higher level casting to compare to. Sacred servant Paladins get a form of planar ally they could not normally get, while preservationist alchemists get higher level summon monster spells. Seems like there are other summoning options as well, for comparison.