PDA

View Full Version : Plane of Shadows Villian?

SovelsAtaask
2015-09-25, 07:47 PM
As I mentioned in a previous thread, I was looking for a good opposite to the dark or shadow templates because of a future adventure involving a BBEG from the Plane of Shadows that wants to pull part of the plane into the Material Plane. However, I've run into a major problem. I don't know jack about the planes beyond the basics.

My primary concern is finding a creature suitable for the role. Shadow fey seems like an obvious choice, and Illumians have a home city on the plane, but what else is there besides slapping the Shadow template onto anything or using undead?

In addition to figuring out the BBEG, I'd also appreciate some advice for picking out minions and also what level I should attempt this thing at. Additionally, I'm currently running my players through the Sunless Citadel, so any ideas on how to weave that adventure into bad shadow stuff would also be appreciated.

I'm know I'm asking for a lot, but I'm kind of lost right now.

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-25, 08:02 PM
Well, there are the shadar-kai and khayal genie from Fiend Folio and Tome of Magic, respectively. Both intelligent shadow plane natives. Nothing else comes quickly to mind beyond other realm creatures that have moved there and setup shop.

Brova
2015-09-25, 08:04 PM
Gnomes. Mostly because of Shadowcraft Mages.

Andry
2015-09-25, 08:31 PM
You could use the City of Shade or the Jaezred Chaulssin from the forgotten realms.

BowStreetRunner
2015-09-25, 08:40 PM
Everything Shadow. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-329348.html)
Project Shadow. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?74519-Descent-of-Shadows-Project-Shadow-Returns)

DrMotives
2015-09-25, 10:01 PM
I currently have a half-shadow dragon BBEG. His other parent is a giant raven (Frostburn) with the dark creature template. It's backed up with a couple of lieutenants, canomorphs from the Fiend Folio. One is a shadow mastiff posing as a human warrior, the other a vorr posing as a human shadow caster. Both of those have some shadow-themed abilities, so they fit pretty well.

Werephilosopher
2015-09-25, 10:34 PM
Dragon Mag 322 has Balefire, an entire city in the Plane of Shadow. IIRC its leaders are some brand of Lawful Evil, and might make interesting villains.

SovelsAtaask
2015-09-25, 10:59 PM
Does it now? That's definitely something I'd be interested in, I'll have to get my hands on that.