PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Template Question

SangoProduction
2015-09-25, 11:20 PM
The Shadow Template says the speed is equal to the base creature's speed * 1.5.

Some people take it further, and say that this speed multiplier is after *all* other modifiers (which is a tad ridiculous to me, but I'm not judging).

But, what happens when the "base creature" doesn't neccesarily exist, such as in the case of wild shape or polymorph? What happens then? Does the shadow template still increase the speed, as this becomes the new base creature, or is it subsumed by the new form?

DrMotives
2015-09-25, 11:33 PM
But, what happens when the "base creature" doesn't neccesarily exist, such as in the case of wild shape or polymorph? What happens then? Does the shadow template still increase the speed, as this becomes the new base creature, or is it subsumed by the new form?

Wild shape & polymorph can't give you a templated form, so a shadow-template druid wildshapes into animals (or whatever) without having the template while wild shaped. So the answer here is easy, no speed boost.

SangoProduction
2015-09-25, 11:35 PM
Wild shape & polymorph can't give you a templated form, so a shadow-template druid wildshapes into animals (or whatever) without having the template while wild shaped. So the answer here is easy, no speed boost.

OK. Thought so.

Necroticplague
2015-09-25, 11:36 PM
The Shadow Template says the speed is equal to the base creature's speed * 1.5.

Some people take it further, and say that this speed multiplier is after *all* other modifiers (which is a tad ridiculous to me, but I'm not judging).

If you use Polymorph or Wild Shape, you replace your speed with that of the creature you're becoming. So the fact you're normally a shadow creature has no impact on the speed of forms you turn into.