PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for a new character

MortalSword
2015-09-25, 11:50 PM
I need ideas for a new Pathfinder society character. I'm kind of at a loss as to what to try next and I have to finish this character tonight for tomorrow's convention.

I have my overpowered Fighter archer that simply just annihilates everything he full attacks including bosses. He's level 9 atm and I sit out boss encounters to let others have some fun.

I have my power attacking Mage killer Barbarian that is damned hard to kill with or without magic.

I have my Witch who debuffs and screws over things. *Cackles*

I have my Controller Sorceror. Nothing noteworthy in this department.

Some ideas I have bouncing around for builds are a support based Cleric with the healing domain, blessed touch trait, fey foundling feat. Possibly merciful healer archetype. I need advice on how to tweak this with feats spells and archetypes to boost my party in other ways offensively and defensively

Going with the above theme, the Life Oracle with the same traits/feats to boost healing. Drawing another blank on how to boost the party.

Another idea is an Unchained Rogue Thug archetype with Sap Adept Sap Master and Enforcer. The issue I'm having is what happens when I come across something immune to non lethal. My brain stops working. This one has piqued my curiosity. What are some of the methods of escalating fear to create a cowering target?

Perhaps TWF and a net to trap them? The stump I'm running into is going from frightened to panicked. Hit - nonlethal damage (sap) - free intimidate. Convert to frightened for x rounds with thug and then what.... Anyways I'll leave this one open ended for now. Feel free to run with it.

I want to say thrower. But that's just an archer without a bow. Same feats and methods. I want to try and stay away from Zen archer and Ranger Archer. The fighter I have is in no way shape or form hindered by not having improved precise shot yet (with insane to hit bonuses) so these would basically be the same build with different class features and IPS.

Charger build? Halfling for medium sized mounts. I think the mount would have to scale with level. Paladin Cavalier or Barb would be the obvious choices.

Anyways I'm going to end this here before I ramble on all night lol. If you have a fun idea let me hear it. My idea of fun being completely awesome at whatever it is I'm doing. Debuffs, control, healing, damage dealing etc

Also include some pathfinder society legal items with your builds that give it nifty tricks or compliment the build or enhance it.

Edit: I have almost all the main books. Just missing Occult Mysteries. I pick up the smaller/unique books as I need them so don't be shy when it comes to a class/item/feat/archetype

Lvl45DM!
2015-09-26, 03:26 AM
Torg was an average orc, a violent and savage barbarian who one day looted a sweet magic sword from a temple devoted to a god of light. Unlike most holy swords it did not burn the evil beast. He planned to use it as his primary weapon on the next big raid. However as he charged with his horde swinging his new blade he found himself questioning his actions.
"Why Torg hurt people? Why Torg kill? Killing mean!"
He turned from the combat and fled his tribe, knowing he'd be condemned as a coward. But the next day he felt his old self resurface.
"Torg want kill! Torg want flesh!"
He waylaid a merchant, robbed him blind beat him savagely but as he raised his blade to execute the oaf he began to question himself again...

Be an Orc that has a powerful intelligent magic sword that 'corrupts' him to Good alignment

MortalSword
2015-09-26, 07:48 AM
Character backgrounds I can handle.

It's the whole "what do I want this character to do" that has me stumped. I listed what I do have so people dont give me builds I've already tried. I can post my builds on request if anyone is curious.

Also Orc's aren't a legal race in Pathfinder society lol Their Con based Scarred witch doctor would be a fun class I think. A caster that could take a hit lol