PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Build Help: Onmyouji

Alistaroc
2015-09-26, 11:06 AM
So I have become interested in building a Japanese shamanistic caster character, and the Shaman from Oriental Adventures looks like just the thing. After looking over the Shaman Handbook, I decided on 7 levels of Shaman and 5 levels of Thaumaturgist, but are there any suggestions on what to take for the last 8 levels?

I like the Spirit Ally and Animal Companion features, but I'm debating between the Magebred Ghost Tiger or Phynxkin(shouldn't be too much of an issue to get this allowed) for animal companions.

And what domains would you recommend?

Any and all help is appreciated.:smallsmile:

rollforeigninit
2015-09-26, 11:23 AM
I'm in a hurry but if Dragon is allowed, they did update the class in #318. Good changes. Scaling Unarmed strike damage & a few martial arts bonus feats. Helps make up for the smaller spell list a bit.

Psyren
2015-09-26, 11:38 AM
Contemplative is always a good choice for a high level divine caster. 7 levels will get you 2 domains, disease and poison immunity, slippery mind, spell resistance and full casting progression. Sadly, the 8th level doesn't give you anything else, so you may want a different dip or to extend your base class one more step.

Alistaroc
2015-09-26, 12:15 PM
I'm in a hurry but if Dragon is allowed, they did update the class in #318. Good changes. Scaling Unarmed strike damage & a few martial arts bonus feats. Helps make up for the smaller spell list a bit.
Anything from anywhere is allowed so long as it doesn't get too cheesy broken. For example, a Venerable Dragonwrought Earth Kobold has been allowed, but he can't take Epic feats or anything.

I DO like the updates in Dragon318. Thanks!:smallbiggrin: