PDA

View Full Version : Background Help

CerealKiller
2015-09-26, 04:24 PM
Hey guys I need some help with my back ground for my Half-Elf (Drow) Warlock. I already wrote it, but it wouldn't hurt to have others opinion. (The background I chose was Urchin). I pasted it down below.

Valdyn Do' Viir was born in the city of Waterdeep. Valdyn'sfather was gone for most of his life, he would like to meet his father at some point in his life. At the age of 10 his mother died of an illness, he had one thing to remember her by other than the stories of a drow hero named Drizzt Do' Urden, and it was an ornate silk glove which his mother wore on her right hand. He was forced to go to an orphanage which he later escaped from to live on the street fighting for survival which he believed that it wasn't that hard, but was very wrong. He was tricked by gangs, guilds, and other urchins, he never trusted anyone fully other than himself due to this. He was very weak and desperate, because of this he had to do something that would change his life for ever. He made a pact with an otherworldly patron, the Fiend known as Demogorgon, Prince of Demons, with this pact he gained power and be able to use magic at his very disposal, but at a price. Every time he were to cast a spell granted to him by his patron chaos and evil intent would flow through his veins, causing him to go mad with power if overused. He always believed he was worthy of a better life and tries his best to bring fame and honor to house Do' Viir. He owes a debt to a noble named to a Half-Elf noble named Avar Gemflower who took pity on him and was able to give him enough money for a modest living, he hopes to meet her again and repay this debt of his. He left Waterdeep to live a life of adventure and excitement always wearing his mother's glove and his right hand. His one desire is to visit the Underdark and explore its many wonders, and maybe find his father there.