PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Alliance

Pages : [1] 2

Andrew Markham
2015-09-26, 04:31 PM
This thread is for INC posts in The Dark Alliance Pathfinder campaign. It is by invitation only.

Andrew Markham
2015-09-26, 09:43 PM
So, my DM specific notes and rules:

1. I run games so that everybody can have fun! If you are not having fun, I am doing it wrong! Please let me know if you are having a problem that I might be able to help with.

2. On that note, I highly highly discourage PvP in my games. The reason for this is because there is a winner and a loser in PvP- I prefer my bad guys be the losers. This doesn't mean you have to like each other, or that you have to get along- arguments are great RP- just that I'd prefer you don't let it come to blows. Contact me privately if there's a situation that calls for it.

3. I am human and do make mistakes! If I forget a rule or a circumstance, or if I mess up Pathfinder rules, please gently remind me, preferably over Facebook.

4. I am really bad with physical descriptions and space, especially with rooms! If you're like, "This room's proportions make no sense!", please remember that I'm not an architect! If you're confused by my description, or are trying to do something complicated and am not sure if you can, get in touch with me. I will give you a yes or no, or try to clarify.

5. Please post with decent grammar and/or use a spellcheck!

6. Please try to post regularly, or let me know if you are going to be unavailable for a long stretch! I'm an unemployed parent- I'll probably be on every day. I don't intend to hold everybody to that standard, but there will be rules in place to prevent the game from lulling. This is especially problematic during combat. If you don't post in RP for a week or so, or don't post in combat within 2-3 days of being informed it's your turn, you get skipped or NPCed, depending on circumstances. If you just get bored, or tired of the pace, do let me know instead of just drifting out.

7. NO RETCONNING! This works slightly differently in a forum game, but still! Once you have declared an action or changed scenes, you can't undo it or edit, even if it was really dumb. Chalk it up to your character's impulsiveness and move on- don't forget, a round of combat is something like 10 seconds! This also applies to, "Oh, I forgot about that +2 to hit I had three rounds ago! I should have hit him then!" In this situation- tough, no retconning!

8. If someone is rude INC, it is only INC and not OOC. Be cool to each other OOC.

House rules:

1. A trained adventurer may attempt to size up the approximate strength of their opponent. Do this by making a level check: 1d20+your level. DC is approximately 10+their level. Negative modifiers if they are non-humanoid or a different class type (it's harder for a fighter to assess a mage, and vice versa). Positive modifiers if you have fought creatures/race of that type before, or use a similar combat style.

2. If you roll a 1 for HP when you level, you may reroll.

Andrew Markham
2015-09-29, 09:05 PM
It started with dreams.

Othuu and Malrion Firanrion were both born in the elven woods of Goldenreach. As they grew older, they began to have flashes of memory not their own. Sometimes their names were the same, and sometimes they weren't, but they both remembered adventures from ancient times and other worlds. In those dreams, they saw each other.

When they finally met in real life, the only reasonable thing to do was to leave Goldenreach, and have a whole new set of adventures together. And so they did. Now things are going to change again, in an unexpected way.

On the Isle of Isle, Othuu, Malrion, and Othuu's wolf companion sit in a bar. Having just checked on an old friend who lives there, the two are sharing drinks and reliving old adventures. They don't know it, but another one will soon be upon them.

(Othuu and Malrion may now RP sitting in the bar.)

lelouchlover18
2015-09-29, 09:29 PM
Othuu calls upon the waiter for a cup of ale to drink. As she waits for the ale, she talks to Malrion about her own adventures about how she tamed Brad in a rich mans home and how she almost burned her entire team with her flaming demon dagger; which she lost in the shadow realm; in a nest full of spiders. Of course to her they kinda deserved it since they dragged her in there. After all they knew full well that she was afraid of spiders. During this time her cup of ale came to her. And when she goes to take a sip is when everything begins to go wrong.

Writer Shadow
2015-09-29, 09:44 PM
Malrion watched as the elf she'd met through her teacher, Mapiy, took a sip of her ale. Malrion carefully gauged Othuu's reaction to the ale. The conversation had been going smoothly, with Malrion learning much about her teacher, without the aspect of rose-tinted glasses from a shipper's perspective clouding everything.

"Miss. Othuu, Mapiy informed me that you are not allowed to have any form of alcohol. I suppose that she may have exaggerated her claims in that aspect." Malrion waited for her soup and tea to come.

lelouchlover18
2015-09-29, 10:05 PM
"Yah well all of my teammate kept on telling me that I would pass out on my first sip, but I do not believe them. I have now memory of passing out after drinking." Othuu takes another sip of her ale and begins to feel a little droopy as she talks about her boyfriend and how he is a black smith and how strong he was. She never does mention that her boyfriend passed out at the sit of blood. "Sigh, I miss my lovable half dwarf. Bradly why wouldn't you come with me on this journey."
Othuu flails her arms around as she screams about how much she missed him and how his brother keeps trying to keep them apart.

Andrew Markham
2015-09-29, 10:08 PM
The few other patrons in this small bar begin staring awkwardly at the flailing elf. One person quickly pays their tab and slips out the door. The rest begin looking in pretty much any other direction.

Writer Shadow
2015-09-29, 10:09 PM
"Yah well all of my teammate kept on telling me that I would pass out on my first sip, but I do not believe them. I have now memory of passing out after drinking." Othuu takes another sip of her ale and begins to feel a little droopy as she talks about her boyfriend and how he is a black smith and how strong he was. She never does mention that her boyfriend passed out at the sit of blood. "Sigh, I miss my lovable half dwarf. Bradly why wouldn't you come with me on this journey."
Othuu flails her arms around as she screams about how much she missed him and how his brother keeps trying to keep them apart.

Malrion watched Othuu flail around. Mapiy had told about Othuu's love, and how the wolf had been named after such love, but had apparently forgotten to address the theatrics.

"His brother is Pete, the thief, correct? Why would he have an issue with the two of you together, considering he married that other mage, Bairre, wasn't it?

lelouchlover18
2015-09-29, 10:17 PM
"Yah well he doesnt like the fact that his bother is in love with and elf like me. And then one day Bradly shaved his beard to impress me and Pete got really upset and started screaming at him. I stood up for him and told Pete that he had a really stupid beard because it was all stubble. He got really mad at me." Othuu raised her right arm in the air and yelled, "I the mighty Othuu stood up to the so called short half-dwarf thief and leader of the Nightngales Guild who I happen to be appart of inless they kick me out."
"Where is everybody going? What you guys don't like listening to my adventures? You guys are really mean!" Othuu screamed as she stood up from her table and started glaring at everybody in the bar.

Writer Shadow
2015-09-29, 10:24 PM
Malrion glanced around the tavern in wondrous confusion. Should she pretend she didn't know this elf. Shrugging, Malrion left it and turned back to Othuu.

"Was Pete the half-brother of Bradly? Mapiy said that they had many half-siblings."

Malrion wrinkled her brow in confusion.

"Mapiy said that Bairre was Lawful-Neutral and Pete was Chaotic-Neutral. Was Bradly Neutral?"

lelouchlover18
2015-09-29, 10:39 PM
"My Bradly was always so kind to everyone. He is still the love of my life and he is also a half-dwarf but he is way taller than that meany old Pete." Othuu said as she begins to chug her beer. "Oh and there mom slept around alot before she met Pete's and Bradly's old man. The poisoned me when they found out that me and Bradly were getting together. I practically vomited my gutts out that day."

Andrew Markham
2015-09-29, 10:41 PM
Brad the Wolf looks up at Othuu, whimpers slightly, and paws softly at her leg.

Writer Shadow
2015-09-29, 10:45 PM
Malrion was looking a little worried now. Family members that reacted to poisoning the family member's parmour did not seem like very kind in-laws. Malrion, of course, had a different experience with dwarfs than most elves experienced in their lifetimes.

A whimper drew Malrion's attention to the wolf, "Does your friend need something?"

lelouchlover18
2015-09-29, 10:47 PM
"Oh what the matter Brad. Do you need to go to the bathroom? Well lets go then." Othuu gets up and begins to wobble out the door with Brad following out with her.

Andrew Markham
2015-09-29, 10:52 PM
Brad sits down and does not follow. He stares sadly into Othuu's eyes.

Meanwhile, the server- a human male in his early 20s- approaches the table with tea and soup. He looks warily at the intoxicated elf, then puts the soup in front of Malrion. He hesitated, then says, "Excuse me, but can you calm her down please? You're disturbing the other patrons."

lelouchlover18
2015-09-29, 10:59 PM
Othuu walks back toward Brad to figure out what is wrong with him.
Perception: [roll0]

Writer Shadow
2015-09-29, 11:00 PM
Malrion looked at the server and gave him her sweetest smile, "We will leave once I have finished my soup and tea, is that alright?"

Diplomacy: 1d20+4

Writer Shadow
2015-09-29, 11:03 PM
Malrion looked at the server and gave him her sweetest smile, "We will leave once I have finished my soup and tea, is that alright?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Diplomacy: [roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-09-29, 11:07 PM
The boy smiles faintly. "You don't have to leave...just see if she'll settle some. If you need them, we have some water buckets you can dip her in."

Writer Shadow
2015-09-29, 11:11 PM
Malrion glanced at Othuu and silently sighed, "If she gets anymore unruly, that might be acceptable. Thank you very much for the offer."

lelouchlover18
2015-09-29, 11:17 PM
"I understand now. You are just worried about me. It is okay Brad. I am okay now. Thank you." Othuu said still a little wabbly and bends down petting Brad. She acts like she did not hear Malrion talk to the boy. "Why don't we go outside for some fresh air, Brad?"

Andrew Markham
2015-09-29, 11:38 PM
Othuu and Brad stumble and step outside, catching a breath of fresh air. As they stand outside, they look up at the night sky. There are fewer stars from the lights, but it is still beautiful. Suddenly from inside the bar, Othuu hears the sound of a dish hitting the floor, then a ragged voice shouting, "PEOPLE?!? Nonononono!" Then she hears screaming.

Malrion takes a deep breath, then drinks some tea and begins eating her soup. As the second bite reaches her lips, her hand jerks involuntarily. Malrion has just felt a huge spike of magical energy from directly to her right! It surges again, and Malrion's body jerks. She falls forward onto the table, knocking it over, and stumbles to the ground. The table lands on top of her.

Shaking, she peers beyond the table to see space rip apart, and a pair of feet land on the ground in front of her. The stench of undeath hits her nostrils, making her want to gag. She can not see the being's upper body, but she sees skeletal toes with some decrepit flesh, and a long black robe covering the creature's legs. Then she hears a ragged voice cry, "People?!? PEOPLE?!? Nonononono! No one can see have to go!"

She feels spells woven. Looking to her left, she sees magic missiles blast the people who remained in the bar, while at the same time, a green beam blasts into the bar and it disintegrates. Malrion becomes very still as a wave of spells lay waste to everyone else remaining in the room. She hears their screams and watches their bodies join her own on the floor. Then she hears footsteps, and the feet disappear back where they came from.

Othuu and Brad run back into the bar. Malrion's table has overturned, and it seems she is under it. Near the entrance to the bar is a swirling blue rift floating in the air. The bodies of the rest of the patrons and the employees of the bar are all dead on the floor. The bar itself has vanished. A chill runs through Othuu, and she suddenly finds herself very much sober again.

Writer Shadow
2015-09-29, 11:44 PM
Malrion looked up from her position on the floor and glanced around the tavern. She noticed Othuu and Brad standing near the rift, but inside the building.

"Othuu? Did you see that?"

lelouchlover18
2015-09-29, 11:55 PM
Seeing all of the people in the room dead made her feel that she needed to get to the bottom of it. She really wants to jump into the rift knowing that that would be the place for her to find the killer, but she also knows that Malrion was in the room when it happened.
Perception 1d20+8

lelouchlover18
2015-09-29, 11:58 PM
Perception [roll0]

lelouchlover18
2015-09-30, 10:54 AM
Othuu decides to go to Malrion to find out what happened even though she knows it has something to do with that rift.

Writer Shadow
2015-09-30, 05:43 PM
Malrion carefully watched Othuu as she swayed her focus from the rift to her and back again. Malrion held her breath until Othuu started for her instead of the rift.

"Help me move the table, please."

lelouchlover18
2015-09-30, 06:03 PM
Othuu walks over to Malrion and lifts the table up enough to help her get out.
"Are you okay Malrion? What happened to the bar? Does it have to do with that rift?" Othuu asked pointing at the rift

Writer Shadow
2015-09-30, 06:14 PM
Malrion rolled out from underneath the table before she responded.

"I felt a couple of magical energy surges, the second one powerful to physically affect me. When I looked up over the table, I saw the rift form, and a pair of skeleton feet appeared with a strong scent of the undead. I could not see the being's torso and above, but there was still some decaying flesh on the feel, and the bottom of a black robe covered the being's legs. After the being freaked out about the patrons seeing him and the portal, the being sent magic missiles towards the patrons and a green beam disintegrated the bar. Afterwards, the being left the same as it came."

Malrion slowly climbed to her feet, and dusted off any dust still left on her outfit.

lelouchlover18
2015-09-30, 06:22 PM
Othuu looks back at the rift and back at Malrion. "Are you okay though? If you are then when need to go after the person that killed everyone."

Writer Shadow
2015-09-30, 06:29 PM
Malrion watched the rift for any signs that could identify if from this end of the portal.

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-09-30, 08:28 PM
Angus wanders the tunnels, frequently consulting his map. He is sure he's heading back towards Brock Hill. Suddenly, he hears a familiar sound: the sound of many goblins speaking their foul language. They come around the bend in the tunnel, and Angus sighs. There are over a dozen goblins, and most of them are armed with spears or shortbows. They see Angus and freeze, waiting to see his reaction.

Treebeard
2015-10-01, 09:55 AM
Angus looks from the goblins to his map and back again. "Hmm, I could have sworn the beatings were the other way. Oh well" He calmly stores both his compass and map and pulls out his warhammer and tower shield "Alright you little bastards. Who's dying first?"

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 10:35 AM
The goblins jabber in their language and shake their spears at Angus. He does not move. Finally one of them shouts and points. They begin to surge forward to attack Angus.

(We're not going to roll initiative- it'll just be goblins, then Angus.)

The goblin who pointed reaches Angus first and thrusts his spear at him.
[roll0], [roll1] damage

Two of the goblins shoot their shortbows at Angus.
[roll2], [roll3] damage
[roll4], [roll5] damage

Treebeard
2015-10-01, 10:48 AM
Angus swings his warhammer at the spear wielder, screaming out Dwarven curses at them

[roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 10:51 AM
Angus reaches around his shield to bat at the spear, but does not reach the goblin behind it. Two more goblins come up beside the first, and all three stab at him with their spears.
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

Two archers shoot past the spearman and attempt to hit Angus.
[roll6], [roll7] damage
[roll8], [roll9] damage

Treebeard
2015-10-01, 10:56 AM
Angus grunts as one of the spears hits him and he swings at that goblin

[roll0] [roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 11:24 AM
Angus's strike is deflected by the goblin's shield. They once again attempt to stab Angus.
[roll0], [roll1] damage
[roll2], [roll3] damage
[roll4], [roll5] damage

The archers move around to the left wall of the tunnel, looking for a better angle to shoot from.

Treebeard
2015-10-01, 06:59 PM
Angus grunts in frustration "You annoying little bastards!" He swings at the goblin to his left

[roll0] [roll1]

lelouchlover18
2015-10-01, 08:33 PM
Othuu calls Brad to follow her into the rift. "Come on Malrion lets go deal with who ever killed these people."

Writer Shadow
2015-10-01, 08:41 PM
Malrion nodded, picking up her pack. She walked briskly to the rift, took a deep breath, and turned to Othuu.

"Should we hold onto each other in case the rift separates us, or walk through one at a time?"

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 09:00 PM
Angus is becoming more surrounded by the second. He is bloodied and his attacks are just too slow for the swift goblins. He has no support to help him take advantage of his superior defenses. The enemy is beginning to outflank him.

Then Angus looks up to the flanking archers. There is a flash of light. A human-sized blue rift opens up, cleanly slicing one of the Goblin archers into pieces. Out of the rift steps a 6'2" figure in black robes. They cover most of his body, concealing his appearance within. The goblins shriek with surprise, and one of the archers shoots at the figure. The arrow hits the figure's torso, but he doesn't react at all, and no blood pours from the wound. "Stop it!!" the figure shouts in Common, and throws a blast of lightning down the tunnel where the goblins came from. Save the 3 goblins threatening Angus, the rest of their force is instantly destroyed.

Almost as an afterthought, the creature sends five magical projectiles at Angus's small melee. Angus ducks quickly behind his tower shield. He hears two impacts hit the shield, and the three goblins cry out in pain. Angus peeks back over the shield in time to see the creature wave its hands and become invisible.

lelouchlover18
2015-10-01, 09:03 PM
Othuu uses her hemp rope to make a leash for Brad and hands the other end to Malrion. "Hang on to the rope so we do not get seperated."

Writer Shadow
2015-10-01, 09:06 PM
Malrion takes a hold of the rope and looked at Othuu.

"Let's go."

She turns and steps into the rift.

lelouchlover18
2015-10-01, 09:09 PM
Othuu jumps in and Brad is not far behind.

Treebeard
2015-10-01, 09:11 PM
"Bloody hell!" Angus yells loudly as he swings his hammer and the goblin to his right

[roll0] [roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 09:43 PM
Malrion, Othuu, then Brad step through the rift. They feel themselves falling through space. Other worlds are in the distance, some of which feel familiar to the two from past lives, but those drift by. Finally they stumble out into a pitch-dark tunnel. It is 15-feet wide, and curves in either direction from where they stand. The shimmering blue portal stands on the wall behind them, and as they leave, it slowly begins to shrink.

To the left is a tunnel full of two dozen charred Goblin bodies. Some are still smoking. Some appear to be women and children.

To their right, they suddenly hear shouting in Dwarven: "Bloody hell!" Turning in that direction, the elven women see a heavily armored dwarf swinging a hammer at 3 Goblins. All 4 combatants are wounded. The dwarf has a tower shield, but even with that, still has a goblin-fletched arrow sticking out of his leg, and several in his shield. The goblins have the dwarf penned in, and are thrusting their spears at him, trying to get past his shield.

ROLL INITIATIVE!
Othuu- [roll0]
Brad- [roll1]
Malrion- [roll2]
Angus- [roll3]
Goblins- [roll4]

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah308/silversoul255/Alliance1-1_zpslwn1rdyc.png
(Welcome to forum-based combat! Map guide: The goblins are numbered, PCs are lettered, grey lines are the tunnel walls, blue circle is the slowly shrinking portal. When it is your turn, please post within a day, or let us know what action you would take. Describe your action first. Remember that your turn has two main phases- movement and action. You can do one of each, in either order. Each square on the map represents 5 feet of movement. If you need to roll dice, post them after your description. Roll your To Hit AND Damage at the same time. DM will respond with results of your actions.

I can't overstate this: Check your code before you submit the post! You have only one chance to get it right. Also don't try to preview a post with a roll in it- it will mess up the roll.

Feel free to ask DM any questions you have before posting. Enjoy!)

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 09:47 PM
Initiative Order:
Goblins
Malrion
Othuu and Angus at the same time
Brad

The goblins squawk at each other in Goblin, then thrust their spears at the dwarf.

[roll0], [roll1] damage
[roll2], [roll3] damage
[roll4], [roll5] damage

The goblins are so frenzied that two of the spears miss completely, while the third nearly gets past the dwarf's shield. Fortunately he is able to deflect it at the last instant.

Malrion is up.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-01, 09:53 PM
Malrion yelled.

"Idiots!"

She quickly casts Haunted Fey.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-01, 09:58 PM
Intimidate: [roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 10:03 PM
The goblins and the dwarf jump visibly and jerk their heads around to look at Malrion. They are all shaken for 3 rounds.

Next are Othuu and Angus.

Treebeard
2015-10-01, 10:10 PM
Angus swings his hammer at the closest goblin, while trying to blink the lights from his eyes "Ach! Whoever did that to me eyes will get a taste of me hammer!"

[roll0] [roll1]

lelouchlover18
2015-10-01, 10:13 PM
Othuu draws her bow and shoots at the goblin in front of Angus.
[roll0] [roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 10:21 PM
Othuu's arrow strikes Goblin 1 in the chest, and he falls to the ground. Angus's attack nearly reaches the goblin, but is blocked by a shield.

It is Brad's turn.

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 10:30 PM
The goblins, their arms quivering, thrust their spears at Angus again.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]

Writer Shadow
2015-10-01, 10:34 PM
Malrion runs to Goblin #2 and swings her quarterstaff at him.

[roll0] [roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 10:46 PM
Malrion's sweeping quarterstaff impacts the goblin's leather armor, not striking through to flesh.

Othuu and Angus are up.

Treebeard
2015-10-01, 10:47 PM
Angus swings at the same goblin again, screaming loudly

[roll0] [roll1]

lelouchlover18
2015-10-01, 10:48 PM
Othuu draws her bow once more and aims at the third goblin
[roll0] [roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 10:51 PM
Everybody misses.

Goblin 2 turns to strike at Malrion.
[roll0], [roll1] damage

The Goblin trips over Malrion's outstretched quarterstaff and falls on his face. He clutches his eyes and screeches.

Goblin 3 continues trying to get past Angus's shield.
[roll2], [roll3] damage

Malrion is up.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-01, 10:57 PM
Malrion reaches down and places a hand on Goblin 2, casting Shocking Grasp.

[roll0] electric damage

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 11:05 PM
Malrion reaches down and lays a hand on the goblin. Electricity courses through his body. The creature convulses, then lays still. Its chest no longer rises.

It is Othuu and Angus's turn.

lelouchlover18
2015-10-01, 11:08 PM
Othuu breaths deeply as she draws her bow once more. She aims at the last goblin and releases the arrow.
[roll0] [roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-01, 11:14 PM
Othuu's arrow pierces the last goblin's throat. It gurgles and falls to the ground in a heap. Now the dwarven man is surrounded by 3 dead goblins and 2 elven woman.

The glow from the blue portal has mostly faded. In a few seconds, the tunnel will be completely dark again.

(OOC: *Fanfare* Victory! For both RP and combat, you guys each get 500 XP!)

lelouchlover18
2015-10-01, 11:20 PM
Othuu walks over and picks up what arrows she could save from the battle.
"Are you okay?" She asks they dwarf.

Treebeard
2015-10-02, 04:51 PM
Angus sets his hammer down, head first, and rests against it while looking at the dead goblins. He looks up at the ladies and speaks in Elvish "Who in the name of Torag are you?"

Writer Shadow
2015-10-02, 09:17 PM
Malrion gave the dwarf a small curtsy.

"I am Malrion Firanrion, a sorceress. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Andrew Markham
2015-10-02, 09:25 PM
Othuu attempts to remove her arrows from the bodies of the goblins, but is unable to remove the arrows whole. They are unusable.

As the three introduce themselves, the portal disappears and the lights go out. The elves are cast into complete darkness. The sound of sniffing can be heard. A few seconds later, Brad rubs his head up against Othuu's hand.

Treebeard
2015-10-02, 09:54 PM
Angus walks over to them. "Now, where did you two come from?"

Writer Shadow
2015-10-02, 09:55 PM
Malrion waved behind her.

"There was a portal there. Do you have some flint and steel that I may be able to borrow?"

lelouchlover18
2015-10-02, 09:58 PM
Othuu pats Brad on the head to ensure that everything will be okay. "Malrion if he doesnt have any flint and steel I can always use Spark."

Writer Shadow
2015-10-02, 10:00 PM
"Oh!"

Malrion pulled a torch from her bag and handed it to the dwarf.

"Would you terribly mind taking this over to Othuu, the other elf?"

Treebeard
2015-10-04, 12:13 AM
Angus eyes the torch and the elves "Aye. I can do that" He grabs the torch and takes it over to the other elf "Here ye go"

lelouchlover18
2015-10-04, 10:54 PM
"Thank you." Othuu says as she takes the torch from his hands. She casts the spell Spark to ignite the torch, so the two young elves and wolf could see.

Andrew Markham
2015-10-04, 10:58 PM
The elves can now see the area within 40 feet of the torch. They can take a much closer look at the dwarf who they have just rescued.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-05, 10:42 PM
"Master Dwarf, may I ask for your name?"

Malrion tilted her head to the side.

Treebeard
2015-10-06, 03:36 PM
Angus strokes his beard thoughtfully "Aye. My name is Angus. And who are you two? We don't normally get people randomly popping out of portals around here"

Writer Shadow
2015-10-06, 04:49 PM
"As I said before, I am Malrion Firanrion. Othuu and I were at a tavern when Othuu took her wolf, Brad, outside. After she left, I felt a few large spikes of magical energy. I had fallen onto the floor, and the table fell onto me. A portal opened up, and from underneath the table, all I was able to see were skeleton and decrepit flesh covered feet, the legs covered by a long dark robe. I also smelled the scent of undead. After Othuu helped the table off of me, we went into the portal, and found you in battle with the goblins."

Malrion pulled out a faded green scarf.

lelouchlover18
2015-10-06, 05:03 PM
"Yep and now we are searching for the undead person that killed the people in the bar." Othuu said as she pets Brad on the head.

Treebeard
2015-10-06, 06:32 PM
Angus hacks and spits on the ground, making a hammer sign in front of him "Bah, undead. Never stay where they're supposed to. And as for the goblins, I had everything undercontrol"

Writer Shadow
2015-10-06, 06:38 PM
"Ah, terribly sorry about interrupting your fight, then. I shall assume that since you were fighting the goblins when we arrived that either you missed the undead, or it was leaving as you arrived. Othuu, do you or Brad have any way to track it?"

Malrion turned to face Othuu.

Andrew Markham
2015-10-06, 06:42 PM
Brad begins sniffing the air. He moves past where the portal used to be, to the edge of the torchlight, then stops over a charred corpse.

Treebeard
2015-10-06, 06:44 PM
Angus nods to the charred bodies "You're undead killed those goblins, then went invisible"

lelouchlover18
2015-10-06, 06:44 PM
Othuu follows Brad to the corpse to investigate.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-06, 06:50 PM
Malrion nodded and followed Othuu. She reached out and surveyed the body and the area around it, looking for clues.

[roll0] - Perception

Andrew Markham
2015-10-06, 08:20 PM
The three look around. Aside from the 3 dead goblins Angus was fighting, there are 4 archer goblins dead near the portal, 4 more dead goblins in armor around the corner, and 6 dead goblins further down the tunnel which appear to be civilians. One of them is holding a dead baby goblin in its arms.

(Each PC may make one post describing what they do- whether they search the bodies and/or investigate for more clues. Make any applicable rolls in the post.)

Writer Shadow
2015-10-06, 08:23 PM
Malrion searches the bodies, looking for anything out of the ordinary, as well as for some loose change. When she comes to the goblin holding the baby, she gently reaches out and caresses the infant, whispering a soft prayer for the innocent soul.

lelouchlover18
2015-10-06, 08:30 PM
Othuu decides to search the bodies for anything useful. She also notices the Malrion caressing a dead baby. Othuu begins to feel bad for the goblin because they should not have had to go through this. "I will kill who ever did this." she said.
[roll0]

Treebeard
2015-10-06, 08:52 PM
Angus prods the dead goblins and spits on them "Good riddance. Now we can head back to my home"

Andrew Markham
2015-10-06, 09:28 PM
Malrion and Othuu search the bodies. They find a pile of goblin-sized equipment, including:

8 suits of small-sized leather armor
5 small wooden shields
5 small spears
5 small shortbows

They also find 7 copper and 11 silver pieces.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-06, 09:31 PM
Malrion handed the 7 coppers and 1 silver piece to Othuu and pocketed the 10 silvers left before turning to Angus.

"You can do as you wish."

lelouchlover18
2015-10-06, 09:39 PM
Othuu looks at the 6 cooper and 1 silver and then looks back at Angus. She decides that Angus deserves a share and gives him the silver piece. She goes and picks up the arrows and spears that are in the area. "I agree that we should go to another town but will we be welcome at your home, Angus."

Treebeard
2015-10-06, 09:52 PM
Angus pockets the silver given to him "Follow me, you two. We'll see what will be done with ya" He turns and starts making his way home

lelouchlover18
2015-10-06, 11:00 PM
"I find it rather strange that these goblins were so light in armor and weapons compared to other groups that I have fought. I am curous for the reason why," Othuu said looking back at the goblins. "I am also not so sure as to how your village will welcome us since we are elves. What do you think we should do Malrion? I want your opinion on this."

Writer Shadow
2015-10-06, 11:07 PM
Malrion glances around the cavern and carefully studies each corpse from a distance.

"It does seem odd for the goblins to be so under-prepared for a fight, or even have those that could not defend themselves in an area for a fight. Perhaps they were attacked?"

Malrion turned to Othuu and Angus.

"Perhaps we should go with Angus. Travelers are not that uncommon in any area. The biggest issue we might receive from the other dwarves would be pointed comments if we are just walking through the town and not into any businesses."

lelouchlover18
2015-10-06, 11:10 PM
Othuu nodded her head. "Okay, Angus, we will follow you to your village."

Treebeard
2015-10-06, 11:34 PM
Angus nods "Good. Now, let's get going" He continues the trek home

Andrew Markham
2015-10-07, 09:09 PM
After almost two hours of walking through twisting, turning, sloping tunnels, you see lights in the distance. Brad begins to sniff the air and drool slightly. A small dwarven settlement comes into view. A cave clearly of artificial construction has been dug here, and approximately 350 dwarves are living here. Angus names the place "Brock Hill", and tells the elves that it is built in the exact center of a large hill, which is itself part of a large mountain range.

100 feet from the edge of the settlement, you are met by 4 armored dwarven warriors. They keep their hands near their weapons, but are otherwise not openly hostile towards the elves. Their leader, a dwarf with a battleaxe and a thick black beard, approaches Angus. Angus stands formally. The dwarf says nothing, and sizes up Angus. Then he announces in Dwarven, "Ye've got goblin-fletched arrows in yer shield, yer injured, and the rest of yer team's not with ye. Instead ye brought back two elves and an animal, none of whom are injured. I bet ye've had a rough time of it, lad. Ye're not the first to come back, but ye're one o' few so far.

In the Common tongue, he addresses the group at large. "I'm Captain Harlamek, leader of the Brock Hill Outpost. I trust ye've done right by my soldier here, for which ye have my thanks. Angus, what do you have to report?"

Treebeard
2015-10-07, 09:18 PM
Angus stops in front of the dwarves and rests his hammer on his shoulders and his shield beside him. "Aye. My men were taken down by the goblins. As I was fighting the group, this undead thing popped out of a portal and killed most of the group. Then these two, along with the animal, came out a little later and we cleaned up the rest of them." He gives this brief description in common

Writer Shadow
2015-10-07, 09:21 PM
Malrion spoke up in common.

"You said that Angus is not the first to return, but is one of a few to return. How many were sent out, and how many of those have returned so far?"

lelouchlover18
2015-10-07, 09:31 PM
Othuu stays quiet as she waits for the Lord's answer to Malrion's question.

Andrew Markham
2015-10-07, 09:33 PM
"I'll need any details ye can give me about them goblins, lad. And an undead, ye say, poppin' out o' portals? That can't be good, but if it's killin' goblins and headin' away from us, I'll take it."

In response to Malrion, he says, "I'm nay used to givin' my troop dispositions to strangers, but since ye're stuck here for a bit and ye helped one o' my men, I'll answer ye. I sent out 5 patrols two days ago. We got word from Bordren's Watch that goblins were hittin' hard, and would be comin' our way soon. Looks like they were already on their way. 6 out of 15 warriors came back- I dinnae expect such large numbers so soon. Ye make 7, lad, and glad for it."

"Angus, looks like they're trying to get through to Alliance lands. Ye'll be in for a few more trips before it's done, but they'll stop throwin' numbers at us soon and drift farther west." The Captain chortles. "For all the good that'll do 'em! They'll break against these mountains, as always!"

Harlamek looks at the elven women. "Since ye're Alliance folks, I'll keep ye safe while ye're stuck here. Obviously can't let you risk yer necks until the greenskins have passed. Dinnae worry- you'll be headin' back home in a few days time! In the meanwhile, feel free to come into town and have a pint."

Treebeard
2015-10-07, 09:36 PM
Angus speaks to his captain in Dwarven "Captain, the goblins weren't outfitted for an attack group. They seemed to be running away from something"

Writer Shadow
2015-10-07, 09:37 PM
"He is correct. One of the corpses we found was that of an infant goblin."

Andrew Markham
2015-10-07, 09:48 PM
The Captain nods. "That matches what we've heard so far. Good work, all ye. Welcome to Brock Hill, elven folk." The four dwarves turn, ready to escort you into their settlement.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-07, 09:51 PM
Malrion took a deep breath in. She turned to the captian.

"Thank you very kindly for you welcome, sir."

Treebeard
2015-10-07, 09:52 PM
Angus picks up his gear and makes to follow the other Dwarves

lelouchlover18
2015-10-07, 10:12 PM
"Captain if you do not mind I would like to join your defense. My hunting skills and as well as my bow are very well."
Othuu asks and stands firm to show her determination.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-07, 10:14 PM
Malrion nodded in agreement with Othuu.

"I know a few spells that would be helpful should the need arise for them as well, if I may be permitted to join."

Treebeard
2015-10-08, 07:58 PM
Angus nods toward the two elves "Let them join the defense. They're pretty good at killing things"

Andrew Markham
2015-10-09, 09:27 PM
Captain Harlamek appraises the two women, then nods slowly. "I'll nae turn away a mage and a scout who volunteer. But yer far from home- I need to know there'll be no elven kinfolk comin' after me for lettin' ya do this."

Writer Shadow
2015-10-09, 10:32 PM
Malrion gave the captian a small smile.

"The ones that raised me were not elves themselves; there is no need to worry of that, sir."

Andrew Markham
2015-10-10, 07:33 PM
"All right then, I'll send ye out in the mornin'. Fer now, have yerselves a drink or stock up on supplies, whatever ya need."

Writer Shadow
2015-10-13, 12:09 PM
"Where is the nearest inn?" Malrion asked Angus.

lelouchlover18
2015-10-13, 07:34 PM
I also believe that we need some supplies too

Andrew Markham
2015-10-15, 11:32 AM
"We dinnae have visitors often enough to warrant an inn. Most people sleep in the home of their kin, but we have a barracks for those who don't have any. Ye can sleep in there. If ye need healin', look for the halfling. If ye need supplies, find our quartermaster, Amli. I'm sure Angus can point her out to ya." The Captain and his officers leave.

Treebeard
2015-10-15, 11:43 AM
Angus turns and looks at the two elves "So, where do you two wanna go first?"

lelouchlover18
2015-10-15, 11:45 AM
"Well, Angus, I believe you could use some healing. We should go to the halfling first. Then I believe we could use some healing potions for the trip." Othuu said.

paladin_artea
2015-10-15, 05:09 PM
In the barracks, some moaning was heard followed by a small chuckle, "So much for the reputation of the stone-skinned dwarves. You're just as flesh-and-blood as the rest of us. You'll be fine. I healed you up with my usual expert skill and should be ready to roll in the morning to give those Gobbers what's coming to them, eh?"

Treebeard
2015-10-15, 07:11 PM
Angus heads into the barracks, looking for the healer "Are ya in here, halfling?"

paladin_artea
2015-10-16, 12:20 PM
Rudipert called back, "Yes I'm still here. I don't see myself leaving any time soon. Not until at least this conflict is over."

Andrew Markham
2015-10-17, 07:50 PM
The dwarf the halfling is tending to pats his arm endearingly and says, "Thanks, ye wee lad, ye done yer best. I'm going to get some rest now." The dwarf lays back and closes his eyes.

Treebeard
2015-10-17, 11:15 PM
"Excellent!" Angus exclaims. "I've got two new people to introduce you to."

Writer Shadow
2015-10-18, 09:01 AM
Malrion bowed her head to the cleric, "My name is Malrion Firanrion."

lelouchlover18
2015-10-18, 10:37 AM
"I am Othuu and my wolf companion here is Brad." Othuu says as she pats Brad on the head.

paladin_artea
2015-10-19, 03:04 PM
Rudipert patted his patient's shoulder as he nodded off before turning to the newcomers, "Angus wasn't it? So we have some more 'out-of-towners' like me," he smiled and shook Marlion and Othuu's hands, "So what brings a pair of lovely elves out here so far from home?" he asked curiously as he scratched Brad's ear.

lelouchlover18
2015-10-19, 03:35 PM
Brad brushed him off. He is not used to being touched by anyone except for Othuu. "Sorry he doesn't let very many people pet him. We are going to help with the fight."

Treebeard
2015-10-21, 08:32 PM
Angus rests the button of his hammer on the ground "I found them out in the tunnels. They appeared out of a tunnel while hunting some undead thing."

paladin_artea
2015-10-22, 01:59 PM
Rudipert's eyes widened with surprise and concern, "Undead you say? I thought Goblins were the only problem we had to deal with around here, but undead are a different issue entirely. I wonder if these events are related..."

Writer Shadow
2015-10-22, 05:39 PM
Malrion tilted her head to the side.

"From what I saw, I believe that it would be safe to assume that the goblins are being attacked by the undead."

paladin_artea
2015-10-24, 07:36 PM
Rudipert looked off in thought for a moment at Malrion's comment, "If the Undead are as much a threat to the Goblins as they are to us, this may be an interesting opportunity. If it gets bad enough, perhaps a truce will be in order to defeat our common enemy?" he suggested to the group before him.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-24, 08:55 PM
Perception [roll0]

paladin_artea
2015-10-24, 09:00 PM
Perception Check: [roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-24, 09:13 PM
In the midst of the conversation, Malrion and Angus begin to hear a strange sound coming from the far wall. They look to the south. A few seconds later, a hole opens up in the dirt wall. Three dwarf-sized centipedes emerge from the wall and begin hissing menacingly. A soldier sleeping in the bed directly to the left of the centipedes falls off the bed in surprise. The back two turn to look at the sudden movement. The most forward one begins crawling towards the rest of the room.

Roll initiative!

Othuu- [roll0]
Brad- [roll1] (If his initiative is higher than Othuu's, he will hold his action until he receives a command)
Malrion- [roll]1d20+2/roll] (15)
Angus- [roll2]
Rudibert- [roll3]
Centipedes- [roll4]

(Arrow indicates the exit out of the hollow, Xs are injured/resting soldiers)
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah308/silversoul255/Alliance2-1_zpsiethxgto.png

paladin_artea
2015-10-24, 09:32 PM
Rudipert exclaimed in alarm as the centipedes crawled their way into the room, "What in the name of Desna!?" He saw that one of his patients was in serious trouble so he drew his sling and used it to toss a stone at the nearest arthropod.

Attack vs. Centipede 1

[roll0]

Damage if hit

[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-24, 09:39 PM
Rudibert's stone goes wide and crumbles against the far wall of the room.

Centipedes 2 and 3 turn to the west, leaping over the bed and onto the fallen dwarf. The injured man flails about as the large bugs bite at him.

2 vs prone Dwarf
[roll0], [roll1] damage

3 vs prone Dwarf
[roll2], [roll3] damage

One of the centipedes sinks his teeth into the dwarf. The dwarf groans and his movements become slower and more sluggish.

Centipede 1 slithers forward and, seeing he is the closest, crunches at Angus.

1 vs Angus
[roll4], [roll5] damage

Angus throws the centipede back with his large tower shield.

Malrion is up.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-24, 09:44 PM
Malrion casts True Strike.

lelouchlover18
2015-10-24, 09:50 PM
Othuu yells, "Oh no not you stupid centipedes again." She draws her bow and aims it at Centipede 2.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-24, 09:57 PM
Othuu's shot looks like it will hit, but the creature slithers slightly at the last second, and the shot sinks into the dirt of the far wall.

Angus is up.

Treebeard
2015-10-25, 01:33 PM
Angus glares at the centipede and swings his warhammer at it

[roll0]

Damage of it hits
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-25, 02:08 PM
Angus crushes the center of Centipede 1 with his hammer. It shrieks as its green guts splatter onto the dirt floor. It flops onto its side and stops moving.

Rudibert is up.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah308/silversoul255/Alliance2-2_zpsv9tgk1oe.png

paladin_artea
2015-10-25, 06:21 PM
"I didn't spend all day working on helping these dwarves to let them be food for the vermin," Rudipert announced as he moved to C3 and pulled out his holy symbol: A wooden coin with a picture of Desna on one side, and a picture of a butterfly, her symbol, on the other, "Lady Luck please be kind," he said as he palmed the coin and a burst of healing energy radiated from his body.

Channel energy for healing, <30 feet:

[roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-25, 11:28 PM
Rudibert's wave of healing energy washes over everyone in the room, helping heal Angus from his earlier arrow wounds and healing the soldier on the ground. Still, his movements are sluggish. The two centipedes bite at the dwarf once again.

2 vs Dwarf
[roll0], [roll1] damage

3 vs Dwarf
[roll2], [roll3] damage

Fort save: [roll4]

Once again, one of the centipedes takes a large chunk from the dwarf's flesh. His blood begins leaking heavily onto the floor.

Malrion is up.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-26, 11:24 AM
Malrion moves to d7 and swings her quaterstaff at 2.

[roll0] [roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-26, 05:54 PM
Malrion's, magically anticipating her attack will miss, compensates. She cracks the centipede over the head with her staff. The creature is injured, and she has drawn its attention away from the prone dwarf.

Othuu and Brad are next.

lelouchlover18
2015-10-26, 06:33 PM
Othuu moves to F6 and aims at number 2.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-26, 07:31 PM
Othuu's arrow flies past the centipede and sinks into the wall. Brad moves alongside Othuu, but does not move in to attack.

Angus is up.

Treebeard
2015-10-26, 09:03 PM
Angus runs up to e-7 and swings at the second centipede

To hit
[roll0]

Damage if I hit
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-26, 09:20 PM
Angus swings too wide and misses.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah308/silversoul255/Alliance2-3_zpskdrqe2p2.png

Beginning of Round 3, Rudibert is up.

paladin_artea
2015-10-27, 07:33 AM
Rudipert moves to e6 so he is within touching distance of several of his allies, "Angus, a little luck for you!" he says as he pats him on the back, the Dwarf suddenly feeling like fortune will favor his next move.

Domain Power: Bit of Luck, next time you roll a d20, roll 2 and take the better roll. :)

Andrew Markham
2015-10-27, 08:48 AM
Fort save: [roll0]
Fort save: [roll1]

Centipede 2 turns and snaps at Malrion.
[roll2], [roll3] damage
If hits, make a Fort save

Centipede 3 continues attacking the prone dwarf.
[roll4], [roll5] damage

The creature's fangs sink into the dwarf. He has very nearly stopped moving, but is still groaning and calling for help.

Writer Shadow
2015-10-27, 07:02 PM
Centipede 2 misses Malrion. She raises her quarterstaff and swings at the centipede.

[roll0] [roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-27, 09:25 PM
With her magical enhancement gone, the centipede evades Malrion's attack.

Othuu is up.

lelouchlover18
2015-10-30, 12:04 AM
Othuu moves to G8 and aims at Centipede 3.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-30, 01:23 PM
A third arrow joins the other 2 in the wall.

Angus is up.

Treebeard
2015-10-30, 05:27 PM
Angus screams out at the bugs "Die you creatures!" and swings at centipede 2

To hit
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage if it hits
[roll2]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-30, 10:09 PM
Angus crushes the second centipede with his hammer!

It is Rudibert's turn.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah308/silversoul255/Alliance2-4_zpsxqt6gmi5.png

paladin_artea
2015-10-31, 08:10 PM
Rudipert takes on a panicked look as he realizes the dwarf is in seriously bad shape. He closes his eyes and sends forth another wave of healing power

Channel energy: Healing.

[roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-10-31, 08:26 PM
Rudibert's wave of energy heals everyone in the room once again, but the dwarf's movements continue to be sluggish.

The creature looks up, then crawls over the body of his dead companion to attempt to bite Malrion.

[roll0], [roll1] damage
If hits, make a Fort save

Writer Shadow
2015-11-02, 03:35 PM
Malrion safely evades the attack and casts Laughing Touch on the centipede.

[roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-02, 05:06 PM
The centipede quickly evades the sorceress's hand.

Othuu is up.

lelouchlover18
2015-11-02, 07:30 PM
Othuu keeps her sites on the last centipede and aims her bow at him once more.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-02, 09:00 PM
Othuu's arrow pierces the centipede and impales it. The creature makes a gurgling noise and falls to the ground.

(Everyone gets 150 XP!)

paladin_artea
2015-11-03, 09:35 AM
Now that the battle was over, Rudipert rushed over to the dwarf that was being harassed by the giant centipedes to see what further aid he needed. "They're gone now, you're going to be okay."

Heal Check: [roll0]

paladin_artea
2015-11-03, 10:05 AM
Rudipert quickly went to the back to get an antivenom, he discovered his magical healing closed the wounds but the dwarf was suffering from the venom the centipede injected into his body. He worked quickly to remove the toxin, and did so successfully. He breathed a sigh of relief, "Told you you'll be okay. That monster injected you with venom. I was able to remove it with quite some skill, but you are still weakened from this ordeal. The rest is up to your body's natural ability to heal so I recommend you stay in this bed for the next week or so to completely recover."

lelouchlover18
2015-11-03, 01:59 PM
Othuu puts her bow away and says, "Is everyone else okay? Any clue why the centipedes would come here?"

Andrew Markham
2015-11-03, 07:24 PM
The dwarf reaches an arm up and says, "Lad, I can hardly move. Can ye get me up?" He reaches feebly towards the nearest bed.

lelouchlover18
2015-11-03, 09:01 PM
Othuu helps the dwarf up of off of the floor and into the bed. "Is that better?"

Writer Shadow
2015-11-03, 09:44 PM
Malrion walked over to the hole, and looked inside.

"Where do you think this came from?"

Treebeard
2015-11-03, 10:41 PM
Angus walks over to the hole and looks at the hole. "Well, that is definitely a hole alright"

paladin_artea
2015-11-04, 09:59 AM
Ridipert managed to cover the dwarf in a blanket after Othuu helped get him into bed, "Thanks for the help Othuu," he said, then turned to the others, "Yeah, I'd like to know where they came from too. I run a clean place for people to recover and we get giant centipedes wanting to chow down?"

Treebeard
2015-11-04, 06:15 PM
Angus scratches his chin under his beard "Well this kind of thing is common around here. These little buggers like to burrow around in the hills, looking for food."

paladin_artea
2015-11-04, 09:10 PM
Rudipert looked at the gaping hole in thought, "So what shall we do. Should we call a mason to seal this back up with stronger stone, or should we venture in there to make sure there aren't any more of them?"

Writer Shadow
2015-11-04, 10:07 PM
"Might as well make sure that there are none left. Wouldn't want anymore dwarves to end up as snack food, now would we?"

Malrion pulled a torch out of her bag and turned to the others.

"Shall we go?"

Treebeard
2015-11-05, 09:00 PM
Angus nods and walks to the front of the group "Aye, let's go and clean out these buggers for the moment. I'll go first, since I don't need a torch to see in the dark."

lelouchlover18
2015-11-05, 11:16 PM
"I agree. It would be best to clear them out so this doesn't happen again but don't rely on my ranged skills this time because I won't be able to do much in a tight space." Othuu says as she walks to the hole.

paladin_artea
2015-11-05, 11:37 PM
Rudipert nodded, "Considering how dangerous these creatures are, especially their poison, I had best accompany you," he offered.

Andrew Markham
2015-11-09, 10:44 PM
A dwarf, two elves, a wolf, and a halfing crawl into the tunnel to search out the origin of the centipede attack. For 20 minutes, they crawl up and down through tunnels just slightly larger than themselves. They are guided by Angus's darkvision; those without follow the sound of his huge tower shield being dragged against the floor.

After that time, the tunnel begins to grow taller. The group is able to crouch, then walk, and they begin to feel subtle changes in the air. Malrion lights her torch, and the group continues forward. The wall on the left stops being tunneled dirt and changes to carved stone. They find a doorway on their left, and a series of tunnels branching off to their right.

Entering, they see a 50'x50' stone room. The floor is littered with small piles of bones and belongings. Along the walls are preserved wooden boxes. In the back of the room are several curled up centipedes. Between them is a round indent in the floor which contains 8 basketball-sized eggs. The four centipedes immediately lurch up at the sounds and smells of the intruders.

(Map key: bags in the room are bodies, they can be stepped over. Boxes are boxes, the brown circle is the nest)
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah308/silversoul255/Alliance3-1_zpsjclou24m.png

(Since the group took the initiative to seek this encounter out, you will receive 50% more XP and loot!)
BONUS ENCOUNTER BEGIN! Roll initiative!

Angus: [roll0]
Malrion: [roll1]
Othuu: [roll2]
Brad: [roll3] (will hold and match Othuu's initiative)
Rudibert: [roll4]
Centipedes: [roll5]

paladin_artea
2015-11-10, 04:19 PM
Rudipert took a look in the room with a grimace of disgust as the centipedes moved towards him and his companions, drool falling from their mandibles, "Lady Luck, help your servant and his allies in need...BLESS!" he prayed as a wave of divine energy burst from him, giving him and his allies a better chance to strike the vermin before them.

All allies gain +1 to hit and +1 to saves vs. Fear for the next minute

Writer Shadow
2015-11-11, 06:27 PM
Malrion carefully looked around the area.

[roll0] Perception

Treebeard
2015-11-11, 09:35 PM
Angus moves up to 4-f and swings at centipede 1.

To hit
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-11, 11:38 PM
Angus crushes Centipede 1 into goo with his hammer!

Centipede 2 climbs over the decrepit box and moves up to F3 to take the dead one's place. Meanwhile, 3 moves to G3. Both attempt to sink their fangs into Angus.

2 vs Angus
[roll0]
[roll1] damage, Fort save on hit

3 vs Angus
[roll2]
[roll3] damage, Fort save on hit

Centipede 4 skirts around the eastern edge of the room, moving south rapidly to H8, and attacks Othuu.

4 vs Othuu
[roll4]
[roll5] damage, Fort save on hit

Othuu is next.

lelouchlover18
2015-11-16, 05:53 PM
Othuu knows that the room is small and dark so it would be best to keep her bow out of the question. She pulls her rapier out and attacks centipede 4.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-16, 08:14 PM
Brad growls at the creature threatening his master, but before he can act, Othuu draws out her rapier. Aided by Rudibert's blessing, she nimbly runs the centipede through. It crumbles to the ground. Brad leaps on top of it and begins biting through and tearing off strips of meat from the creature's insides.

Beginning of Round 2- Rudibert is up

(Map will be added shortly)

paladin_artea
2015-11-16, 11:35 PM
"Keep on those two, I've got the eggs!" Rudipert shouted as he ignited one of his torches, moving closer to the egg sacs (H7).

Andrew Markham
2015-11-17, 12:10 AM
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah308/silversoul255/Alliance3-2_zpsepp1xmzt.png

Malrion is next.

Writer Shadow
2015-11-19, 05:30 PM
"Rudibert, use some of those boxes to help destory the eggs."

Malrion rushed over to the wooden box at B5 and used her staff to bust through the lid.

[roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-19, 07:25 PM
Malrion's staff impacts the box at an angle, sending vibrations up her arms but having no effect.

Angus is next.

Treebeard
2015-11-20, 02:25 AM
Angus swings his hammer at the second bug

To hit
[roll0]

Damage if it hits
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-20, 12:39 PM
Angus doesn't connect with the centipede. The two centipedes both viciously attack Angus!

2 vs Angus
[roll0], [roll1] damage
Fort save if hits

3 vs Angus
[roll2], [roll3] damage
Fort save if hits

Othuu is up.

lelouchlover18
2015-11-23, 10:52 PM
Othuu charges to G4 and attacks centipede 3.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-23, 11:07 PM
With a precision strike, Othuu pierces the hide of the 3rd centipede. It crumples to the ground dead. Brad takes his place behind Othuu and watches keenly. Only Centipede 2 remains.

Rudibert is up next.

paladin_artea
2015-11-24, 07:00 PM
Rudipert moved up to H3 and touched the end of his torch to the pile of eggs to try to destroy them.

Andrew Markham
2015-11-24, 08:27 PM
Rudibert begins warming the eggs.

Malrion is up.

Writer Shadow
2015-11-28, 07:04 PM
Malrion used her staff to once more to hit the top of the box.

[roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-28, 10:27 PM
Although the box Malrion attacks is still in decent condition, the padlock is not. Malrion crushes it, along with a significant portion of the lid, and peers inside.

Angus is up next.

Treebeard
2015-11-28, 10:50 PM
Angus swings to smash one of the bugs with his hammer

To hit
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-28, 10:57 PM
With one last swing of his hammer, Angus crushes the 4th centipede. The silence in the room grows. There seem to be no remaining centipedes. Rudibert continues his work to ignite the nest, while Malrion stares into the opened box.

Victory!
(Everyone gets 300 XP!)
(Initiative is over. You can roll Perception checks to look for loot, RP, and destroy the eggs if you wish.)

paladin_artea
2015-11-28, 11:01 PM
Rudipert is still holding his torch against the eggs hoping they'll be destroyed soon, but he turns to his companions after the last centipede is squashed beneath Angus's hammer, "Is everyone okay, no one too hurt are they?"

lelouchlover18
2015-11-29, 12:35 AM
"I believe we are okay. I don't think anyone got hurt too bad." Othuu answers as she begins to look around for anything useful. Especially within the boxes.
Perception check
[roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-29, 09:20 AM
Rudibert's fire is starting to change the color of the egg he is holding it against.

Meanwhile, Othuu looks around the room. She moves to the right side of the room. Both boxes there are rotted and contain nothing of use. Then out of the corner of her eye, she catches sight of a bow at J7 sticking out of a corpse. (Othuu, make another Perception check)

paladin_artea
2015-11-29, 10:21 AM
"This is taking a bit longer than I thought," Rudipert said to himself. He took out his dagger and simply stabbed the egg, "Guess I wasn't thinking"

Treebeard
2015-11-29, 03:15 PM
Angus rests his shield against himself and starts cleaning his hammer "Bloody bugs. Always so messy when they die"

paladin_artea
2015-11-29, 08:12 PM
Perception Check: [roll0]

Writer Shadow
2015-11-29, 08:16 PM
Malrion took the horn and the two chunks of volcanic glass and went to the box at G0, hitting at the padlock with her staff.

"The box I was at has two alchemical canisters, a longspear and a lantern in it if anyone wants those."

[roll0]

Treebeard
2015-11-29, 10:56 PM
Angus moves to d5 and examines the armor and shield on the corpse. "Very interesting "

paladin_artea
2015-11-29, 11:07 PM
AFter running the centipede eggs through with his dagger, Rudipert noticed a glint coming off the one chest that seemed intact at G0, "Hmm...gonna check this one out," he said moving towards it and attempting to open it.

lelouchlover18
2015-11-29, 11:37 PM
Othuu moves to J7 to take a better look at the bow.
Perception check
[roll0]

lelouchlover18
2015-11-29, 11:50 PM
Othuu takes the bow and notices a quiver of arrows and takes those too. She decides to check another corpse at I5 to see if it has anything useful.
perception
[roll0]

lelouchlover18
2015-11-29, 11:53 PM
There was nothing useful on the corpses body so she moved to the next corpse at I4 to see if anything was useful.
perception
[roll0]

Writer Shadow
2015-11-30, 12:07 AM
Malrion smacks at the padlock again.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-30, 12:13 AM
Malrion's quarterstaff clangs against the padlock again, but does no damage to it.

Writer Shadow
2015-11-30, 12:16 AM
Malrion moves from attacking the padlock to the top of the box.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-30, 11:12 AM
Malrion's aim is slightly off. She once again thwacks the padlock with her staff, to no effect.

paladin_artea
2015-11-30, 10:53 PM
Rudipert looks at Malrion and lets out a small sigh, "If you promise to share the wealth I can try a little divine intervention in getting that open," he offered.

lelouchlover18
2015-11-30, 11:34 PM
Othuu giggles at the sit of watching her cute little elven mage friend trying to open the create with her quarterstaff. She decides to see how mad she would get if she opens it. Othuu moves to G0 and tries to break the paddlock with one of her spears that she took from the goblens.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-30, 11:36 PM
The spear scratches the padlock but does not damage it. It stands in defiance of your efforts.

lelouchlover18
2015-11-30, 11:40 PM
Othuu becomes irratated with the fact that her off was a failure so she tries again with more force.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Andrew Markham
2015-11-30, 11:44 PM
With a sharp jab, the goblin steel pierces the lock. It comes undone, and the 3 searchers are able to look inside the box.

It contains a whistle, 3 alchemical flares, a human-sized Longspear, and a light crossbow with 10 bolts.

lelouchlover18
2015-11-30, 11:50 PM
"I thought you could use the help, Malrion. I'm going to take these flares and the whistle. You two can fight over the rest," Othuu said taking her items and walking away with pride for braking the lock on her second try.
perception check to see if there is anything else interesting
[roll0]

paladin_artea
2015-12-01, 06:03 PM
Rudipert scanned the remaining contents of the chest and let out a small hum, "HMM, nothing I can really use. If that's all there is I think we should be getting back. I have to check on my patients too."

Writer Shadow
2015-12-01, 06:35 PM
"Nothing I would like. Angus, do you want some of these?"

Treebeard
2015-12-02, 08:56 AM
Angus strokes his beard "Hmm, I could use the crossbow. Now, has anyone inspected that body yet?" He points to a small corpse off to the side

paladin_artea
2015-12-02, 05:39 PM
"Oh good call Angus. Where is my head today?" Rudipert chastised himself as he approached the corpse and examined it.

Heal Check: [roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-12-02, 09:19 PM
Rudibert goes over to examine the corpse in question. He immediately sees that it is lying on a large, metal-tipped staff. Also there's a stonebow on top of it, along with a small sack of bullets. The corpse has a dagger in its hand. (Rudibert, make a Perception check)

paladin_artea
2015-12-02, 09:23 PM
Perception check: [roll0]

paladin_artea
2015-12-02, 09:41 PM
Rudipert looked solemn as he examined the body and let out a small prayer for his fellow Halfling, hoping that his soul is in peace, "Everyone, this poor soul was a halfling male...and not a victim of the centipedes. He was dead a long time ago, 10 years at least. He was likely killed by a piercing weapon of some kind. The real mystery is how he ended up here. I would like to take him back for a proper burial though...think I'll take the dagger and this special crossbow for sling stones. Would anyone like this staff I found?"

Writer Shadow
2015-12-03, 10:30 PM
"I'll take the staff."

Malrion walked over to Rudipert.

paladin_artea
2015-12-03, 10:36 PM
"Okay here you go," Rudipert replied, handing the metal-tipped staff to Malrion. Then he turned to the others, "mind helping me get him back to camp so I can prepare a proper burial for this one?"

lelouchlover18
2015-12-03, 11:31 PM
Othuu walks over to pick up the halfling corpse.
Strength check
[roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-12-04, 12:20 AM
Othuu picks up the halfling corpse. Its frail spine splits in half under her hands, showering the ground around her with chunks of flesh and broken off chunks of bone.

lelouchlover18
2015-12-04, 01:26 AM
"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry this wasn't supposed to happen!" Othuu said with a glimmer of tears showing in her eyes.

paladin_artea
2015-12-04, 10:52 AM
Rudipert's eyes and mouth hanged open in shock at what had just happened to the Halfling corpse, but he recovered when he saw his new friend on the verge of tears. He walked to her and reached behind her putting his hand on her back patting it gently, "It's...it's okay. It was an accident."

Treebeard
2015-12-04, 11:00 AM
Angus strokes his beard "That was unexpected "

lelouchlover18
2015-12-04, 12:37 PM
"I'm sorry. I will try to find away to carry him back even and I will try to find all of the pieces." Othuu said feeling really down and looking for a sack or something to put him in.
Perception check
[roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-12-04, 10:07 PM
Othuu finds a sack, but it has been chewed through and has a large hole in the bottom.

lelouchlover18
2015-12-05, 01:18 AM
Othuu begins to cry in a corner realizing that she if failing at everything.

paladin_artea
2015-12-05, 07:23 PM
Rudipert walked over towards Othuu and put a hand on her back, rubbing it gently, "Othuu? everything will be okay. This is just a setback, not a complete failure. I'll admit I was surprised, but I'm not mad at you okay?" He offered her a handkerchief and his best smile.

lelouchlover18
2015-12-05, 09:03 PM
Othuu stands up and walks over to her animal companion. "Brad, Seek!" Othuu tells her wolf pointing at a hole that her comrades have not gone through.
Handle Animal check
[roll0]

Andrew Markham
2015-12-05, 09:30 PM
Brad disappears into the hole for a minute. He comes back and sits calmly in front of Othuu, indicating that there is nothing in the tunnel.

lelouchlover18
2015-12-05, 09:32 PM
"Good boy Brad. There is nothing in that hole." Othuu said patting Brad on the head.

paladin_artea
2015-12-05, 10:02 PM
Rudipert frowned a little at his attempt to cheer up his companion being ignored but he tried to get back on track, "Well if anyone has a shovel on them, I guess I can perform the ceremony here."

lelouchlover18
2015-12-05, 10:14 PM
Othuu knowing that she has know use for spears decides to try and use them to dig a hole hoping that Brad would notice what she was doing and try to help.

Andrew Markham
2015-12-08, 07:27 PM
Brad and Othuu dig a hole for the halfling corpse. Rudibert can now give the rites over the grave.

paladin_artea
2015-12-09, 07:28 PM
Rudipert took a deep breath and pulled out his wooden coin-like symbol of Desna and nodded to his companions to place the corpse in the hole as he began, "I know not who you were in life, but I know enough...I know you were a fellow humaniod to us all, a brother halfling to me. I know that you met an untimely demise from foul play, though I know not who killed you and why. But I do know that you must have family somewhere, wondering what had happened to you. Maybe still hoping you'd return to them, though you won't be able to in this life. I will make you a promise: I will try to do all I can to find out who you were and who knew you and I will try to give your loved ones the closure that they will need. In Desna's name I make this vow and with her luck on my side I know I can fulfil it and bring you the comfort that you have no doubt been waiting for these long years. Now let us lay you down to your proper rest. So may it be."

lelouchlover18
2015-12-09, 09:31 PM
"How will we find out were the person came from? How will we let his family know that he is gone? We don't even know who he is." Othuu asked really confused.

paladin_artea
2015-12-09, 09:41 PM
Rudipert smiled and showed the dagger he acquired from the body, "His dagger has a customized engraving on it, it's unique so it's a place to start. I'm not saying I'll start on this right away, after all there's still the Goblins and Undead to deal with, but I'll get on this when time permits."

lelouchlover18
2015-12-09, 11:36 PM
"Oh okay. That makes since. So I guess we are going back the way we came?" Othuu said.

paladin_artea
2015-12-10, 09:28 PM
"We did clear out the centipedes like we set out to do. I don't think we should be away for too long in case we're needed," Rudipert pointed out.

Writer Shadow
2015-12-12, 11:28 PM
Malrion stretched and tilted her head to the side, "I vote going back and coming back later. Some of us need to rest up before another fight."