PDA

View Full Version : Can you expend and regain psionic focus in the same turn?

Windrammer
2015-09-26, 04:38 PM
For example, if I were able to expend psionic focus to use the unavoidable strike feat whilst executing a tome of battle strike... Could I regain the psionic focus with the Instant Clarity feat since I have a swift action left?

martixy
2015-09-26, 04:41 PM
Yes, if you have the actions, you can certainly do it.
There's nothing rule-wise to stop you.

P.S. Just a reminder - swift actions do not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Windrammer
2015-09-26, 05:38 PM
Yes, if you have the actions, you can certainly do it.
There's nothing rule-wise to stop you.

P.S. Just a reminder - swift actions do not provoke attacks of opportunity.

And you can indeed execute unavoidable strike and a standard action maneuver at the same time, yes?

Psyren
2015-09-26, 06:38 PM
And you can indeed execute unavoidable strike and a standard action maneuver at the same time, yes?

Yes, though obviously the strike you're using has to be one that works with US in order for it to resolve as a touch attack.

Rubik
2015-09-26, 06:41 PM
And you can indeed execute unavoidable strike and a standard action maneuver at the same time, yes?So long as the maneuver requires an attack roll, yes. It wouldn't exactly do any good on, say, Iron Heart Surge, after all.

Windrammer
2015-09-26, 07:09 PM
So long as the maneuver requires an attack roll, yes. It wouldn't exactly do any good on, say, Iron Heart Surge, after all.

Naturally, I just wanted to make sure that Unavoidable Strike didn't consume a standard action itself. You can just mix it in with a full attack then, yeah?

Rubik
2015-09-26, 07:11 PM
Naturally, I just wanted to make sure that Unavoidable Strike didn't consume a standard action itself. You can just mix it in with a full attack then, yeah?Yes. It's a free action to initiate, but it must be in conjunction with an actual melee attack roll, else it doesn't work.