PDA

View Full Version : Hunting the Red Dragon OOC

TrickyHalfling
2015-09-26, 04:46 PM
Hunting the Red Dragon IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?445903-Hunting-the-Red-Dragon-IC)

Hunting the Red Dragon OOC

http://i.imgur.com/4QBuqHV.jpg

After decades of warring, the five city-states of the Old Furnace Volcano's area were forced to forge an alliance to defeat a common enemy: the old red dragon Baliarth's recent rampage and assaults put the whole war in halt.

A truce has been called and each city is to name a champion to, along with the others, slay the terrible beast and unite the land in the name of peace.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
DnD 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Standart fantasy. The setting is a homebrew world (Cosmology is the Great Wheel).

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
Anyone may join as a Mercenary at any time. Kingdoms are limited to 3 Champions per Ruler so excess players may play as a Mercenary.
Looking for 5 or 6 players, no alternates.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
This forum.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
Standart 8th level

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standart WBL (27k for 8th level characters).

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
No homebrew anything. Please dont ask for it.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
No race with LA or RHD.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
Roll 4d6b3 six times and take out the worst and the best result and add a 18 and 8 to the set.
Any value below 6 will become 6.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
No evil characters (but no need to be good, just not evil).

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Your character can have up to 3 classes (prestiges or base). No multiclass penal.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
My rolls will be secret (always).
I'll roll Initiatives and Listen, Spot, Search, Knowledge, Sense Motive, Bluff and similar rolls.
If you want to actively do something, add a spoiler with.

Knowledge History for the War of the Seven Sons? or something like that.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
You can have up to two variant class features (from any allowed book).
No flaws, no traits.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Yes. It must be tied to one of the cities in the game (which will be explained below).

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
It will have hack & slash, some dungeoncrawl sometimes, a couple puzzle solving, roleplaying of course and some mysteries. But mainly hack & slash

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Yes. Only things from the books below are allowed:

PHB I & II;
Monster Manual I;
DMG I;
Magic Item Compendium;
Spell Compendium;
Races of Destiny, Stone and Wild;
Complete Adventurer, Arcana, Champion, Divine, Mage, Scoundrel, Warrior (no psionics);

Looking for players for a standart fantasy game.
Each player will be the champion of one of the five nations of this part of the world.

Each city will grant its champion with some special benefits.

The Blackstone Keep.
Military city-state where all are trainned for war and combat.
Blackstonians are usually lawful, but that isnt a rule.

Being the champion of Blackstone you get proficiency with all simple and martial weapons, with all kinds of armor and shields (including tower shields).

In case you already have acess to Martial Weapons you gain instead Weapon Focus in one such weapon of your choice.
In case you're a caster, you get the Armored Mage (light armors and shields) feature.

You also count as fighter of your base attack bonus level to fulfill feat requisites.
(So a wizard 8 can get weapon specialization, for example).

The Azure Coast Harbor.
A city of sailors: both merchants and pirates and corsairs.
The azurites are usually chaotic, but it isnt rare for lawful azurites.

Being the champion of the Azure Coast Harbor grants you trainning in Balance and Swim skills: they're treated as class skills or you get a +4 bonus if they're already a class skill for you.

You also get the swim speed equal to half your land speed (which grants +8 bonus on Swim as well) and can hold your breath for five minutes before having to worry on suffocation and drowning.

The Deep Halls
A city that is half underground and half above surface.
The deep dwellers or dwellers of the deep are known for being serious, almost stony, with almost no chaotic citizens and more evil than standart, but is by far an evil city.

Being the champion of the Deep Halls grants you the Climb and Use Rope as class skills or +4 bonus on they if they're already class skills.

Being used to the dark caverns of their homeland, the dwellers of the deep can see normally in the dark. You get darkvision 60ft or the ability to see even in magical darkness (if you already have darkvision). They also know how deep in the ground they are at all times.

The Foggytown
A city full of lakes and marshes that live in an almost eternal fog.
The wisps, as they're known, are people of mystery and secrets, being ussualy neutral or chaotic in alignment.

Being the champion of Foggytown grants you the Hide and Spot as class skills (or +4 if they're already class skills) and the benefit of the Blind Fight feat.

Being used to fogs, haze and mists, they known how to blend themselves and navigate in it.
Whenever you get concelament, you add 10% to it (so a wisp with the effect of a Displacement spell would have 60% miss chance instead of 50%) and you threat people in fogs farther than 5ft as with concealment instead of total concealment despite the distance.

The City of Minnerva
A millenial city (if the tales and legends are true), this city is hidden deep in the evergreen forest of Minnerva.
The minnervans are known for their kind heart and if there is a handful of evil minnervans in their wole story it would be too much. They're natural hunters and adepts of nature.

Being the champion of Minnerva grants you the Survival, Ride and Handle Animal as class skills (or +4 if they're already class skills).

Having lived their lives in the forest trainned them to avoid roots and other natural obstacles. A minnervan get the ability to ignore difficult terrain caused by natural obstacles (be it forest or not) but not magical ones.

Their attunement to nature also make their companions (familiar and mounst as well) more powerful.
You're considered 2 level higher to determine your companion, familiar or mount benefits (or considered full level in case of a Ranger's Animal COmpanion, just like a normal druid of the same level).

The Foreign Lands
It isnt rare that people form diferent lands appear in the Old Furnace Volcano's area and for being foreigners much of them are hated or seen as suspicious.
Being a foreigner allow some diferent background and all kind of people roam the world, so any alignment can be found in foreigners.

Being a forever, you're not a champion, but there is nothing to rule you out on dragonhunting. You can add a book to your allowed sources and you get a bonus feat from that book. You must have a prestige class or some feature of relevance in such book to be allowed to play a foreigner.

A foreigner is seen with suspect and that gives them a-2 penal to Cha and Cha-based skills to the people of the region.
This penalty may disappear as the game goes and the character get reknown.

Ask for the book before making a sheet to avoid wasting your time.
I may apply some houserules or bans in some material from the book you choose, so bear that in mind.

The Staff:

Player
Character
Classes
Affiliation

Trasilor
Jorric Silverhalf (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=502665)
Warblade 8
Foreigner (Tome of Battle)

Khador Green
Lash Mul (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=558940)
Fighter 8
Azure Coast

Simba
Giallin Skarnath (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=558896)
Dwarven Fighter 1, Wizard 4, Runesmith 3
Deep Halls

Tjallen
Darr Alot Barkbiter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=559999)
Druid 8
Minnerva

Kolosan
Lamoo Goodbarrel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=569895)
Rogue1/Cleric 4/ Shadowbane Stalker 3
Foggytown

The Land:
http://i.imgur.com/zu5Ihkc.png

TrickyHalfling
2015-09-26, 04:49 PM
CHAPTERS:

Chapter Zero - Prologue (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?445903-Hunting-the-Red-Dragon-IC)
Chapter One - Unknown
Chapter Two - Unknown
Chapter Three - Unknown
Chapter Four - Unknown
Chapter Five - Unknown
Chapter Six - Unknown
Chapter Seven - Unknown
Chapter Eight - Unknown
Chapter Nine - Unknown
Chapter Ten - Unknown

TrickyHalfling
2015-09-26, 04:50 PM
[Reserved for DM things]

(Go ahead and meet up, fight for speech's colors and plan how to kill the red beast!)

Tjallen
2015-09-26, 04:56 PM
Speaking in blue shall be the champion of the forest, because Minnerva is filled with royal blue monarch butterflies and so blue shall be the color of Minnerva.

Kolosan
2015-09-26, 05:05 PM
Purple, for the color of the wine made from the swamp grape, it is a highly potent alcohol, several times more powerful than normal wine, normally enjoyed thinned with water or in small thimbles.

Simba
2015-09-26, 05:17 PM
Fire Brick for Giallin as fire shall only make him harder!

Khador Green
2015-09-26, 10:41 PM
Pink for Lash Mul because its a nice colour of nice flowers and will be the colours of your pouring out your eyes as blood mixes with tears and mucus while she is smashing your skull into your chest cavity :smallsmile:

Trasilor
2015-09-27, 08:56 AM
Jorric will be aqua-marine to match his eyes. His fierce, terrifying eyes which will be the last thing you see before his blade.

Tjallen
2015-09-27, 09:26 AM
Wooah there swordswingers, no need for violence yet.

TrickyHalfling
2015-09-27, 10:44 AM
Only Samduke left to introduce himself.

I'll make the IC thread after lunch and will post the link here and will keep a permanent link on the right top of the OP.

Just wish to say welcome to all.
The default color for the NPCs will... Black.
The dragon's speech being Red, to match its scales, its infernal flames and the blood and destruction it leave in its wake.

Tjallen
2015-09-27, 12:03 PM
And also the color of it's favorite brand of oranges, blood oranges.

TrickyHalfling
2015-09-27, 01:47 PM
Took me a while, but IC is up!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?445903-Hunting-the-Red-Dragon-IC&p=19877621

Also, I believe maybe Samduke left.
I'll PM him and find out, but if he did so the Blackstone's champion will be an NPC.

TrickyHalfling
2015-09-28, 11:55 AM
Edited IC post #7 so now there is a post for Darr and Lash Mul. :smallsmile:

Also, I'll give samduke till tomorrow noon to reply, else he's off the game.

Trasilor
2015-09-28, 01:11 PM
Depending on how far the bandit camp is (within 6 miles), Jorric may hustle to get there, otherwise, he can travel something like 24 miles a day (3 miles per hour).

I am curious to see what's special about this horse...if anything. :smallamused:

Trasilor
2015-09-28, 09:48 PM
Having difficulty seeing map on iPad. Any suggestions?

TrickyHalfling
2015-09-29, 06:27 AM
Having difficulty seeing map on iPad. Any suggestions?

For some reason this site doesnt work on tablets and phones. If anyone can, please screenshot it.and post in the OOC here (I'm on phobe myself right now and for the rest of the day probably).

TrickyHalfling
2015-09-29, 07:16 AM
I'll wrote Darr and Lamoo post later (classes now).

TrickyHalfling
2015-09-29, 10:08 AM
Edited post to add Lamoo's situation.
Will add later the map and Darr's sitiation.

samduke
2015-09-29, 11:09 AM
sorry gang I thought I had posting in the recruitment as to my status of not being able to participate in this, DM I do Apologize I will be unable to continue this as my internet became very limited and I have to make cuts on what I am participating in.

Kolosan
2015-09-29, 11:24 AM
****ed up that last roll, so gonna post it here
[roll0]

Trasilor
2015-09-29, 03:57 PM
Map for Jorric
http://i.imgur.com/wKQeaRd.jpg

TrickyHalfling
2015-09-29, 08:59 PM
My notebook went boom! So my post was delayed.
I'll see if I make them all now and call it a night.

Also...

sorry gang I thought I had posting in the recruitment as to my status of not being able to participate in this, DM I do Apologize I will be unable to continue this as my internet became very limited and I have to make cuts on what I am participating in.

It's ok, no big deal.
Thanks for letting me know.

****ed up that last roll, so gonna post it here
[roll0]

Seems you messed this one too :smalltongue:

Map for Jorric
http://i.imgur.com/wKQeaRd.jpg

Thanks for your kindness.
Fifteen points to Griffindor!

Trasilor
2015-09-30, 12:27 PM
The jump check didn't work for some reason. Posting here:

[roll0]

Trasilor
2015-10-01, 10:30 AM
tumble check: [roll0]

why does this die roller hate m? :smallamused:

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-01, 10:42 AM
tumble check: [roll0]

why does this die roller hate m? :smallamused:

The fun fact is that if you failed concentration he would.be dead. Your win was your loss!

Kolosan
2015-10-01, 01:52 PM
Whoops rolled 3 arrows when i only have 2, just removed last roll

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-01, 10:12 PM
Whoops rolled 3 arrows when i only have 2, just removed last roll

Next time please dont delete rolls, just scratch them and explain in a spoiler what you did wrong please.

Also, my drop rate may drop this weekend due my birthday. Yay :smallredface:

Tjallen
2015-10-02, 04:33 AM

Does that mean that when we kill stuff the chance of getting you will go down? Shouldn't it go up like an event or something :v

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-02, 05:32 AM
Does that mean that when we kill stuff the chance of getting you will go down? Shouldn't it go up like an event or something :v

Post rate, :smallredface: :smallbiggrin:

Tjallen
2015-10-02, 05:44 AM
Post rate, :smallredface: :smallbiggrin:

Couldn't resist.

Trasilor
2015-10-02, 01:09 PM
Trickyhalfling, is there anything special about Jorric's horse? It would probably be strong enough to carry him (275 lbs worth).

If you want I can stat out the horse or we can just leave it as a narrative - it's not like it will be fighting beside Jorric :smallamused:

Kolosan
2015-10-02, 04:01 PM
Wuhu! Happy Birthday!

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-03, 08:02 AM
Trickyhalfling, is there anything special about Jorric's horse? It would probably be strong enough to carry him (275 lbs worth).

If you want I can stat out the horse or we can just leave it as a narrative - it's not like it will be fighting beside Jorric :smallamused:

It's just a regular light horse from a foreign land, nothing else. No need to stat it,as it can be found in Monster Manual I

Wuhu! Happy Birthday!

Thanks!
It's tomorrow, but I'll party every day this weekend.

Simba
2015-10-05, 01:46 AM
Happy birthday! I hope you had a nice one!

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-05, 06:32 AM
Happy birthday! I hope you had a nice one!

Thanks!
It was indeed a very good one :smallsmile:

Tjallen
2015-10-05, 07:03 AM
Thanks!
It was indeed a very good one :smallsmile:

Did ya party like a rock star?
'Cause that is what you should be doing.

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-05, 12:12 PM
Did ya party like a rock star?
'Cause that is what you should be doing.

I sure did! :smallbiggrin:

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-05, 08:26 PM
Giant's Treasure:
800 gp;
A single dragonscale glove (medium sized);
A jet;
A magical wand (unidentified);
A flask of sea water (unidentified);

Drow Treasure:
11000 sp;
A small golden bracelete;
A cloth of gold;
A ebon flute;
A pair of magical boots;

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-05, 11:07 PM
And finnaly done posting!
Had a tough day at work so couldnt post earlier.
:smallsigh:

Trasilor
2015-10-07, 11:46 AM
I thought Dar's name was Barkbighter not Backbighter :smallconfused:

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-07, 11:53 AM
I thought Dar's name was Barkbighter not Backbighter :smallconfused:

Isnt Barkbitter?

Tjallen
2015-10-07, 11:56 AM
I blame autocorrect.
Even though I was at a computer. At work.
It was the wind, makes bark sound like back. The Wind. Yes.

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-07, 01:25 PM
@Simba: forgot your experience award:

450 XP.

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-07, 09:46 PM
Due a stressful night I'll take the night off and will post the meeting tomorrow. :smallfurious:

Trasilor
2015-10-09, 10:06 AM
@Tricky Halfling Just wanted to let you know that I have very busy schedule this weekend so my posts will be light to non-existent.

Chimaera
2015-10-10, 01:52 AM
Due some emotional and other personal issues, TrickyHalfling asked me (his IRL friend) to take over the campaign. We have talked about what he planned and I hope I can keep similar to his style.

I'll make an IC post tomorrow.

Chimaera
2015-10-10, 01:53 AM
@Tricky Halfling Just wanted to let you know that I have very busy schedule this weekend so my posts will be light to non-existent.

Sure. Dont worry about it.
If possible let me know when you cant post so I can keep things moving and not waiting etc.

Tjallen
2015-10-10, 06:41 AM
Huh, hope TrickHalfling gets better? Everything works out? That.

Chimaera
2015-10-10, 07:16 AM
Huh, hope TrickHalfling gets better? Everything works out? That.

He will eventually get better and maybe can even get back and DM this. Bit at least for now I'll help him the way I can.

I'll start writing up the new IC post.

Trasilor
2015-10-10, 07:29 AM
Sure. Dont worry about it.
If possible let me know when you cant post so I can keep things moving and not waiting etc.

I will check and post once per day.

TrickyHalfling
2015-10-10, 08:15 AM
Sorry for leaving you guys :smallfrown:
Things got complicated here and I wont have the mood to post anymore.

Chimaera is a nice guy and will take care of you.

Sorry.

Chimaera
2015-10-10, 08:45 AM
And now the post is edited and complete.

Jorric and Gert may act.

Simba
2015-10-10, 11:28 AM
Sorry to see you go!

@Chimaera: do you want us to roll saves here where they don't clutter up IC or there for ease of referrence? And should we post in order of initiative?

Chimaera
2015-10-10, 11:36 AM
Sorry to see you go!

@Chimaera: do you want us to roll saves here where they don't clutter up IC or there for ease of referrence? And should we post in order of initiative?

Roll saves here on OOC.
As for Initiative, you can post in any order in eaxh level

(Both you and Bronco can post in any order).

Also, if you kbow you wontbe able to post you can post your action here in the OOC and I'll quote it when your turn comes around.

Simba
2015-10-10, 11:41 AM
Reflex save: [roll0]

Chimaera
2015-10-10, 12:06 PM
Reflex save: [roll0]

Giallin fell on his/her butt!
Also, what is his/her gender? Sheet refers to her as she and sometime as him. :smallconfused:

Simba
2015-10-10, 12:17 PM
Giallin is a she (her sheet says so) and is prone ;-)

Should I fail to post in time: get up and cast stoneskin on herself.

Chimaera
2015-10-10, 12:25 PM
Giallin is a she (her sheet says so) and is prone ;-)

Should I fail to post in time: get up and cast stoneskin on herself.

Ok! Noted.

Trasilor
2015-10-10, 11:27 PM
Reflex save [roll0]

Trasilor
2015-10-10, 11:37 PM
Should I be unaivable for posting. Jorric will attack the swordmen first. Power atack 3 with punishing stance.

Once lower level guys are dealt with, use boots to teleport to the snipers

Tjallen
2015-10-11, 07:51 AM
Reflex [roll0]

Kolosan
2015-10-12, 01:52 PM
Reflex save:
[roll0]

Kolosan
2015-10-12, 02:00 PM
And apparently i am insanely bad at rolling dice, so here i try again:
Concentration [roll0]

Chimaera
2015-10-13, 09:38 AM
I'll wait 8h for an IIC post for Lash Mul's actions before skipping her.

Kolosan
2015-10-13, 12:54 PM
Concentration roll: [roll0]

Simba
2015-10-14, 02:14 AM
Just want to say I'm still around and waiting for those who act before me to do so :)

Trasilor
2015-10-14, 08:04 AM
Me too.

Chimaera, I think you will need to skip Lash's turn.

Has anyone PM'd Khador Green?

Tjallen
2015-10-14, 08:19 AM
Team druid is on standby.

Chimaera
2015-10-14, 03:56 PM
Just want to say I'm still around and waiting for those who act before me to do so :)

Me too.

Chimaera, I think you will need to skip Lash's turn.

Has anyone PM'd Khador Green?

Team druid is on standby.

Writing up IC now.
Gave a few extra hours, but Lash's going to be skipped now.

Trasilor
2015-10-21, 07:56 PM
Can we get an updated map?

Chimaera
2015-10-21, 08:10 PM
Can we get an updated map?

The guys are on the same place (mostly).

The mages are out and so are the ambassadors.

The four new guards are forming a straight line blocking the way out (cant work on the map now sadly, but romorrow i may work on it - i hope).

Tjallen
2015-10-22, 04:00 AM
Gah posted in the wrong thread, anyways: Kelpstrand is a grapple, not an entangle so the mage cannot cast spells with somatic components like dimension step.

Chimaera
2015-10-24, 09:52 AM
Gah posted in the wrong thread, anyways: Kelpstrand is a grapple, not an entangle so the mage cannot cast spells with somatic components like dimension step.

I know, he cast it without somatic components somehow though.

I've had a very busy week. I'll look at the map now

Chimaera
2015-10-24, 12:24 PM
Assassin's Positions:
G9, H9, I9 and J9.

Chimaera
2015-10-25, 04:00 PM
I'm calling off this game, as much as TrickyHalfling wanted it run I've got my mind full of other stuff.
Sorry

Trasilor
2015-10-25, 07:49 PM
Thank you for informing us rather than just stop posting

Simba
2015-10-27, 02:58 AM
I am sorry to see the game go down the drain!

Tjallen
2015-10-27, 03:08 AM
All my sadness.