PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Paladin Feats

Bloodzy
2015-09-26, 08:40 PM
Hey guys. You were a great help with finding the Paladin class I wanted to play as so I am back with another question.

I am a Paladin made under this template (not very relevant) http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Paladin,_Project_Heretica_%283.5e_Class%29
My idea for this Paladin is pretty ordinary. I want to defend the weak and spread goodness throughout the lands.
So I ask you, what feats can help me do this? (does not have to be restricted to the Player Handbook)

I can have (3+2) feats as an 8th level Paladin and I'm a shield and longsword wielder.
Currently, the only feats that have appealed to me are: Improved Initiative and Weapon focus, however neither are requirements and if better are discovered, I can give them up easily.

BowStreetRunner
2015-09-26, 08:45 PM
Battle Blessing from Complete Champion.
Sword of the Arcane Order from Champions of Valor.
Divine Vigor, Divine Shield and Divine Might from Complete Warrior.
Sacred Healing from Complete Divine.

Calimehter
2015-09-26, 09:15 PM
Given that you already have better access to smite, the Awesome Smite feat is worth looking at. Choosing between free trip attempts, ignoring DR, or ignoring miss chances (it was this last bit I liked the most) always leaves you with at least one good option. :)

Troacctid
2015-09-26, 09:32 PM
Battle Blessing and Awesome Smite are premier feats for Paladins, and your homebrew fix only makes them even better with improved casting and smiting. Serenity (Dagon Compendium) is also very good on most Paladins, although your homebrew version doesn't look like it needs it so much, as its casting stat is already switched to Cha.

Bloodzy
2015-09-26, 10:10 PM
Battle Blessing from Complete Champion.
Sword of the Arcane Order from Champions of Valor.
Divine Vigor, Divine Shield and Divine Might from Complete Warrior.
Sacred Healing from Complete Divine.

Looked at all of these and chose to go with Sacred Healing, Divine Might, and Battle Blessing. Good references!

Battle Blessing and Awesome Smite are premier feats for Paladins, and your homebrew fix only makes them even better with improved casting and smiting. Serenity (Dagon Compendium) is also very good on most Paladins, although your homebrew version doesn't look like it needs it so much, as its casting stat is already switched to Cha.

Given that you already have better access to smite, the Awesome Smite feat is worth looking at. Choosing between free trip attempts, ignoring DR, or ignoring miss chances (it was this last bit I liked the most) always leaves you with at least one good option. :)

Yes, Awesome Smite is very good but seem pretty broken if I use it with the reworked smite in the homebrew.

Troacctid
2015-09-26, 10:32 PM
Yes, Awesome Smite is very good but seem pretty broken if I use it with the reworked smite in the homebrew.

Ha, I doubt it. The homebrew basically has a stronger version of it built in. You won't be breaking anything, and it'll be awesome. You should definitely take it.

You don't need both Divine Might and Sacred Healing, since they compete with each other for turning attempts. I would just take one or the other.

Bloodzy
2015-09-26, 11:08 PM
Ha, I doubt it. The homebrew basically has a stronger version of it built in. You won't be breaking anything, and it'll be awesome. You should definitely take it.

You don't need both Divine Might and Sacred Healing, since they compete with each other for turning attempts. I would just take one or the other.

Ah, yes. Sacred Healing it is then because it is money. Any other feats I could take? Doesn't have to be Paladin specific

BowStreetRunner
2015-09-26, 11:31 PM
I just noticed this version of the paladin has Intimidate as a class skill. Take a look at Imperious Command from Drow of the Underdark.

Aleolus
2015-09-27, 10:10 AM
Personally, I like Sapphire Smite from Magic of Incarnum. Every point of essentia you put in it gives one extra smite/day and +1 damage on those smites. Take it and Bonus Essentia, and then cause evil pain.

EDIT: Or per encounter probably, in this case

Solaris
2015-09-27, 11:18 AM
I just noticed this version of the paladin has Intimidate as a class skill. Take a look at Imperious Command from Drow of the Underdark.

That, along with fearsome armor, is a lovely little combination - especially for ToB characters.

Bloodzy
2015-09-28, 01:28 PM

That, along with fearsome armor, is a lovely little combination - especially for ToB characters.

Very good suggestions. I looked into it and like the idea of being able to essentially stun someone without having to go into combat.