PDA

View Full Version : Belt Pouch of Abundant Ammunition?

gadren
2015-09-26, 10:11 PM
One of the PC's in my game is playing a gunslinger and wants a belt pouch that has permanent Abundant Ammunition (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/abundant-ammunition) on it. By the DMG guidelines, this item should be worth 4000 gp. Does that sound fair to you guys? Is there any existing item you know of that already does this?

legomaster00156
2015-09-26, 10:17 PM
Permanent nonmagical ammunition for 4K seems perfectly reasonable to me. The only things that might make it unreasonable are adding ammunition-enhancing spells to the same container...

If, after casting this spell, you cast a spell that enhances projectiles, such as align weapon or greater magic weapon, on the same container, all projectiles this spell conjures are affected by that spell.
Or if he uses it to emulate expensive special ammunition (like cartridges), or if bullets and other firearm ammunition are supposed to be rare.

Jack_Simth
2015-09-26, 10:23 PM
One of the PC's in my game is playing a gunslinger and wants a belt pouch that has permanent Abundant Ammunition (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/abundant-ammunition) on it. By the DMG guidelines, this item should be worth 4000 gp. Does that sound fair to you guys? Is there any existing item you know of that already does this?
Well, it only works on mundane or masterwork stuff - not special materials or magic stuff. To put this in perspective, he'll need two: One for his powder horn, one for his bullets... and with that 8,000 gp, he could have purchased 730 bullets at 1 gp each and 727 doses of black powder at 10 gp each.

It's a paperwork reducing item, it's not exactly overpowered.

Permanent nonmagical ammunition for 4K seems perfectly reasonable to me. The only things that might make it unreasonable are adding ammunition-enhancing spells to the same container...

Or if he uses it to emulate expensive special ammunition (like cartridges), or if bullets and other firearm ammunition are supposed to be rare.
Note that the majority of those spells can also be applied to the actual weapon, instead, in which case they'd have the full effect on all ammunition anyway.