PDA

View Full Version : Unless CBS changes its mind, its off my list for good.

Sereneprophet
2007-05-18, 02:21 AM
Frankly, with the cancellation of Jericho, CBS has lost all respect. They are replacing it with a reality show about 40 kids who have to build a society without adults. Now, I can name a thousand problems wrong with that idea right there if it were a real reality TV show, but its not, cause they are watched over, guided, made sure they dont do "bad things" etc.

Anyways, the entire Jericho fan community is storming CBS in every way possible, from calling and emailing both local networks and the corporate office, to sending bags of peanuts, as a reference to the final episode.

And its not just the show that should cause you to worry. Its that something intelligent and thought provoking was removed because the all amazing and completely idiotic ratings system they used said ratings were poor.

What was it, 8 million, compared to 6 million with Couric, yet her ass is still on the air...yeah that makes sense.

We need to let these companies know we don't want bullcrap rehashes of the same series aka CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: Vet Hospital, CSI: Maid Service, and reality tv crap like survivor, american idol, etc, etc.

If anyone has every seen Idiocracy, we seem to be falling towards that idiotic state of existance every year. Soon we will have shows like "Oww, my balls!" on TV, and nothing worth a damn.

Damn Hollywood. Damn Entertainment Industry. Damn moronic people.

SDF
2007-05-18, 02:34 AM
Eh, it's Viacom what do you expect. The only thing I occasionally watch on TV anymore is the new Battle Star Galactica and LOST when I catch it on, but I'm usually doing something better anyhow. =P

ray53208
2007-05-18, 03:33 AM
jericho was the only show that network really had to offer as far as im concerned. i did sign the online petition to bring back jericho.

Kitya
2007-05-18, 11:35 AM
I happen to like the CSI's and NCIS... but then, I also watch Cold Case Files and Forensic Science on A&E and Court TV. I love forensics shows. Hubby thinks he should be worried about that.

Sereneprophet
2007-05-18, 01:01 PM
I enjoy the original CSI, but i'm willing to give it up to protest CBS, at least for awhile, because Jericho was a great show. And im not just saying this cause im a fanboy, but because of what it did that few other shows in recent years have (Which might be because of my fanboyism, but I dunno, I tend to not fanboy much about anything)

I guess my biggest complaint, is that they can still waste money on these reality TV shows, because they are for the most part "cheap" since they dont have to pay the "actors" supposedly, but they are just getting really annoying.

*shrug* I barely watch any TV anyways, since theres rarely anything good to watch, so this just really disappointed me. It feels like Firefly all over again. And even the cast has commented on the official boards thanking us all for our efforts and whatnot, and I mean, when a cast is that freakin cool, you know the show was good.

Arcane_Secrets
2007-05-19, 01:23 AM
They canceled Jericho....

For yet another lackluster "Reality TV" show. :smallfurious:

Jericho was the only show CBS had that I even bothered paying attention to. This is utterly pathetic on their part.

Does someone have a url for the petition to bring it back?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-19, 09:17 PM
And its not just the show that should cause you to worry. Its that something intelligent and thought provoking was removed because the all amazing and completely idiotic ratings system they used said ratings were poor.
And since when does a show hit optimum ratings in season 1 anyway? M*A*S*H and Seinfeld are just two shows that are known to have sucked ratings-wise for the first few seasons before becoming major phenomena.

I never saw Jericho, so I have to rely on Wikipedia to tell me that there was a ratings dive after a three month hiatus?

Well, of course you're gonna lose people when you pull shenanigans like that!

Is it just me or do the networks seem to be treating the viewing season more like two sub seasons thes days?

Aargh!

JadedDM
2007-05-19, 09:41 PM
I loved Jericho, too. I don't watch much TV, but it was my favorite show on the air. I was even more dissapointed to hear of its cancelation than I was over Veronica Mars and Drive, two other shows I watched that got canned.

I think Shhalahr hit it on the head, though. It wasn't just Jericho, I've noticed most networks have been cutting their shows up, sometimes going on hiatus in the middle of the season for weeks or even months at a time. It really annoys me to no end.

I'm about ready to give up on television altogether at this point.

Triplewolfe
2007-05-19, 09:51 PM
You know, I heard that they almost cancelled Galactica during the "filler-episode slump" during the third season. It's too sad really. People are too focused on their instant gratification that they can't let a good show mature. Am I allowed to be nostalgic at 18? Especially for a time I didn't live in?

durrem
2007-05-21, 09:41 PM
I never saw Jericho...

Aargh!

You can see the entire thing legally on line on CBS's web site. Everyone should check it out. It's worth it, even though it has been canceled.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/videos.php