PDA

View Full Version : World of Darkness Apocalypse

draca
2007-05-18, 08:52 AM
Setup:

As the title suggests, I’m currently co-Storytelling in a WoD campaign centered around the great change. It’s probably not a new idea, and it’s certainly been done before, but not by us. The characters goals are to bring about Ghenna, Apocalypse, whatever great looming change everyone is always so afraid of.

Based off the Great Wheel myth within the (mostly shifter-oriented material) genera and cyclical ideas presented: there is a wheel of ages. The wheel turns, things get better, things get worse. It happens to be on the cusp of the 6th, the age of destruction. The Wyrm wants to break the wheel from ever turning again when it ticks over into the 6th age. The more people try to stop the wheel from turning (preventing the apocalypse, etc.) the more stress is put on the wheel. The more chance it will break. They want to make sure that doesn’t happen, but that the hub gets healed, and the wheel keeps turning. Things will get terrible for a while, but they will get better again. Eventually.

Dilemma:

I’ve been put in charge of helping the characters toward their goal, but I want to give them clever things that they can do to further them along. I don’t want it to be blindingly obvious or too linear. I want to give them opportunities to discover mysteries, solve a riddle or two, and actual concrete things they can do to further this along.

Low profile = good… right now they are in the initial stages, have formed a group and are committed to the goal, but from here, they are researching, and waiting for an opportunity or a sign. I’m thinking the more they can stick to the shadows and aim opposing groups at each other, the better their own chances of survival.

I’ve got a vague idea about waking the ancients and setting them against each other (yeah, as if that’d be easy). My co-ST is thinking of things involving the Lillith mythos and Bahari coming into play. But at the moment nothing’s bubbled to the surface.

I need ideas tossed at me by people who know the genre well. What endgame scenarios have you played? And if they were cool, but were designed to thwart the great change, how could they be turned around for my party who’d be on the side of the “antagonists” in this struggle.

LongVin
2007-05-18, 10:13 PM
Are they mages, werewolves or vampires?

draca
2007-05-21, 09:44 AM
It's cross-genera. They are mostly mortals or vampires.