PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Immunity to Wind

BettyBlack
2015-09-28, 01:27 AM
Hello again GITP folks! I thought it would be fun to have a character/NPC who makes excessive use of the Control Winds spell, while also being immune to it's effects herself. Does anyone know of any interesting ways to not have strong winds effect a character? Two things I have found already are Stormcaster prestige class capstone, as well as the Asperi creature from MMII; which bestows wind immunity onto whoever mounts it and is attainable through the Exalted Companion feat. These are both well and good, but I'd love other options if anyone knows of them! Anything from 3.0, 3.5, and Pathfinder.

torrasque666
2015-09-28, 01:33 AM
Stormlord 3 does it too.

tiercel
2015-09-28, 02:11 AM
It's not immunity, but if you take the Touchstone feat from It's Hot Outside* and key it to the Eternal Breath of Seneferu, you gain wind resistance, effectively (count as two sizes larger vs wind); additionally, you get a significant bonus to saves in moderately-or-more windy conditions (and some protection from sandstorms, yay).

Control Winds does let you create a calm eye in the center, of course, but that's not the same thing as moving freely through your own non-mobile AoE.

[*Sandstorm]

peacenlove
2015-09-28, 02:12 AM
Be incorporeal. Savage species has guidelines but i think its too expensive there. But you stay your original creature type.
If you dont mind being undead, savage progression ghost 1 is probably your best bet

eggynack
2015-09-28, 02:26 AM
Two good options are frozen wild shape, which lets you take asperi form yourself, and aberration wild shape, which gives windghost (MM II, 198) form, which grants immunity to air effects when paired with enhance wild shape. You could also take that incorporeal route druid style, either by combining ghost companion (Ghost, 53) with aspect of the wolf (SpC, 16) for long duration personal ghosting, or by again using aberration wild shape for the dharculus (PlH, 112), allowing you to shoot spells across the ethereal plane with dualplanar.

Jowgen
2015-09-28, 03:00 AM
Get a Necklace of Adaptation and argue that Wind qualifies as a "harmful Gas or Vapor". People have argued for way crazier readings of the thing. :smallwink:

sleepyphoenixx
2015-09-28, 04:21 AM
You can also cast Stormrage (SpC), though it's an 8th level spell.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-09-28, 02:30 PM
Windstorm domain treats you as one size larger for the purposes of resisting wind. Not immunity but good vs lower levels.

Red Fel
2015-09-28, 04:48 PM
Stormlord 3 does it too.

As does Storm Disciple 3 (CPsi). But yeah, Stormlord is a favorite of mine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?363006-Building-a-Tempest).