PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help with giving small boons to PC's

Arc_knight25
2015-09-28, 08:58 AM
Hey all I am running a Rise of the Runelords Campaign.

We are currently just finishing Burnt Offerings.

I am looking for ideas on small boons to give to players as the progress in the setting.

The group consists of:

LG Female Dwarf Ranger Skirmish archetype. On the run looking for a magical ladle, that balances any barrel of ale.

N Male Elven Hunter. Has amnesia. He has taken an interest in ruins. But does not know why. I have made him the absent biological father of Tsuto, who is currently imprisoned in Sandpoint.

LG Male Human Skald. Has taken a liking to an NPC I created. She is the captain of the militia. She had refused his advances for he is known around town as a performer and Ladies man. She only accepted his current advances due to his new status of Hero. Also this Player is somewhat of a min-maxer.

NE Male Halfling Druid Leshy Warden Archetype. This character has been exiled from their "order" of druids that live in the Sandpoint area, for killing a fellow member with poison. The character has taken a big interest in poisons, and is deathly afraid of any manufactured metal.

N or NG? Male Human Arcanist. This character is originally from Cheliax and has no problems dealing with evil or using evil means to get what they want. he is another that is interested in ruins and the hidden knowledge that they hide. Currently this character is looking into the Catacombs of Wrath below the city and raising some baby goblins from Thisletop.

I have thought of a few ideas for already. I'm just looking for a different perspective or maybe what others have done for their players or what you think I could do for mine.

Ranger: I was thinking gear, which is an easy solution.

Hunter: Boost to their Animal companion with some spell like abilities for themselves. Going to go with a fey background story to explain the amnesia.

Skald: Not sure what to do.

Druid: A homebrew ability. The character can ingest poison and have it affect their Plant domain abilities. I was going to give this ability at level 6. Druid becomes immune to poison at level 9 but it would still affect he domain abilities. Having away of increasing the DC of poisons. And come late levels being able to bypass poison immunity a few times per day.

Arcanist: A form of Arcane Fusion from 3.5 Sorcerer spell. Cast 2 spells using one slot, player will be able to cast a level 1 and 4, 2 and 3, or o and 5 spells. Will need to split their caster level among the spells cast how they see fit. Player would learn this from the Thassilonian ruins and some help from the local historian.

Looking forward to seeing what people say.