PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Rogue (batman like) for hotdq

Lolzyking
2015-09-28, 04:29 PM
Our group rolled for stats, and I rolled exceptionally well for once, ( last campaign I was stuck with a 3 charisma monk hermit)

I'm starting rogue, and I'm going to use my exceptional stats to be a bit of a skill monkey for once.

I was thinking of possibly mc'ng fighter for extra attack and bm since it doesn't cut into rogues asi progression really

The stats I get to play with

14 str
18 dex
14(13) con
15 wis
18(17) int
10 cha

this is with human variant for a starting feat.

The party comp so far
1 mage ( unsure if he is going wizard or sorcerer)
1 moon druid
1 life cleric
1 ranger

with this dynamic, I want to be the one guy without powers, So I'm investing in the craft skills to make my own items (alchemist fire, hunting trap, ect)

any tips on what feat I should start with, since I've run hotdq before, I feel sharpshooter/observant/alert/skulker would be best at start

edit: I've been told swashbuckler is allowed, would it be worth swapping str and cha, ?

MadBear
2015-09-28, 04:50 PM
So what you're saying is your party already has:

Red Arrow: Ranger
Beast Boy: Druid
Raven: Cleric
Starfire: Mage/Sorcerer

In this specific case, I'm pretty sure you're obligated to build a Robin character, not a Batman character ;-P

(Alert paired with assassin rogue makes you reliably deadly)

Edgerunner
2015-09-28, 07:45 PM
In this specific case, I'm pretty sure you're obligated to build a Robin character, not a Batman character ;-P

(Alert paired with assassin rogue makes you reliably deadly)

That would be Nightwing. He doesn't like being called Robin anymore LOL.

Actually a good Jack of Everything might be a Bard.

Osrogue
2015-09-28, 07:56 PM
You'll want to go thief for fast hands, supreme sneak, and second story work. I'm fairly certain that there is a batman-esque magic cloak in the dmg if you want to go full batman. You would technically use darts as batman for batarangs, but daggers would work fine. You might want to ask for a buff on some of the items such as caltrops or ball bearings since they don't scale.

Kane0
2015-09-28, 08:54 PM
So what you're saying is your party already has:

Red Arrow: Ranger
Beast Boy: Druid
Raven: Cleric
Starfire: Mage/Sorcerer

I'm glad i'm not the only one that spotted a Teen Titans theme in there, Red arrow notwithstanding.

Lolzyking
2015-09-28, 09:18 PM
Well yes it could be teen titans, I just go confirmation on races though
Tiefling wizard ( I told him aisamar would be wizard, or he could go sorcerer)
Human heavy armor life cleric
Human Spellless ranger ( the one that gets bm tactics)
Half orc moon druid.

Caltrops and ball bearings will be aoe scaled on proficency*5=x x*x so starting off caltrops will be 2x2 on a 5 foot tile grid

with this in mind I want to mix melee and range

MirddinEmris
2015-09-29, 12:45 AM
I'm fairly certain that there is a batman-esque magic cloak in the dmg if you want to go full batman.

Cloak of the Bat. Gives advantage on Stealth, allows you to fly (40ft speed if remember correctly) in the dim or no light and turn into a bat.

Become the hero this city needs.

MadBear
2015-09-29, 02:42 AM
That would be Nightwing. He doesn't like being called Robin anymore LOL.

Actually a good Jack of Everything might be a Bard.

correct. You can tell it's been a long while, since I somehow let that slide by.