PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Building Advice

CryWolfCorrupt
2015-09-28, 04:50 PM
Hi folks,

So I'm working on creating my first campaign for 5e. I've been a part of several 5e games and was heavily involved with the playtest thanks to my group of friends loving it. However; I've never designed my own campaign before. I've DM'd one run of Hoard of the Dragon Queen, and am attempting to write my campaign loosely the same way, but I am also trying to tailor it to provide content from 1-20.

That being said, I would love some advice on where to start. I already have the map completely designed, I know what all of the players will be doing from 1-14 so far (if they follow the campaign plan), with the encounters (both combat and RP) planned out to the best of my ability. At the same time, I am terrified that I will lack details in the environment and interactions, and that's what makes a campaign/DM great. I plan to post up the whole setting as what I have planned so far once I finish 1-15, and get it critiqued. But before I post, I would rather say I have no idea and get advice than post up and have it be torn to shreds.

Any advice y'all could provide would be phenomenal, and I'm excited to see what y'all have to say to help me be confident in getting started.