PDA

View Full Version : Things you want turned into TV shows or movies

blackout
2007-05-18, 03:01 PM
Video games, books, and so on. Anything you can think of that would make a decent TV show and/or movie?

For me? Starcraft. A Starcraft movie would flippin' rock.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-18, 03:06 PM
The Honor Harrington series.

The Prince Roger books.

The Legacy of the Aldenata series.

The 1632 series.

Those would all make freaking awesome movies.

orcmonk89
2007-05-18, 03:07 PM
I'm very worried about seeing some of my favourite books made into movies. Seems to me that that could potentially ruin it.

However, I would like to see a Family Guy movie. And I don't count Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, as that's also shown in parts on TV...

Mordokai
2007-05-18, 03:12 PM
Baldur's gate: Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal, animated series would be cool, if done properly.

I read fanfiction a lot, and some of the works are actually writen very well. I would like to see those turn into one time tv shows as well.

Some of the dnd campagains we played in our group would make hillarious one shot entertainment tv shows.

Philip Pullman trilogy His dark materials is great reading. If somebody compotent enought would make a movie after it I would love to see it.

Probably more, but i can't remember anything more now. I would like to see movies, or even better, cartoons, that are made after most of the games I played, if they were directed by somebody more competent than Uwe Boll:smallannoyed:

EDIT: oh yes, I just remembered. Blood omen, Legacy of Kain would make a great movie material. There wasn't a bad ass born yet that would be better than Kain:smallcool:

Deleran
2007-05-18, 03:19 PM
Philip Pullman trilogy His dark materials is great reading. If somebody compotent enought would make a movie after it I would love to see it.

I can't speak to the competency of the director (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0919363/), but it is, in fact, being made (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385752/).

blackout
2007-05-18, 03:21 PM
I also believe a Warhammer 40K cartoon would be nice...and nothing humor-based, but it would lighten the mood a bit. I was thinking it could be on something like Adult Swim.

Mordokai
2007-05-18, 03:31 PM
I can't speak to the competency of the director (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0919363/), but it is, in fact, being made (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385752/).

I don't know if I should cheer or cry. Probably later.

I only saw the first two American pies, and that is nowhere near the complexity of His dark materials. Oh well, lets be optimistic and see what we get, right?

I also believe a Warhammer 40K cartoon would be nice...and nothing humor-based, but it would lighten the mood a bit. I was thinking it could be on something like Adult Swim.

Forget it. While it would be lovely to see it, I hightly doubt that any production house will have the guts needed for the realization of the project. Warhammer is literally drowning in blood, and while that is not a bad thing to me it is way too risky too make something like that in the times such as this. The same could also be said for most other games.

This is where the censure gets you.

zeratul
2007-05-18, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't want any books I like to be turned into either. The media tends to ruin the classics.

waspsmakejam
2007-05-18, 04:01 PM
I would like to see a film of "Little Fuzzy" by H. Beam Piper. It would make a lovely smaltzy family movie and I'd buy a Little Fuzzy toy. And probably a Baby Fuzzy too. Ideally directed by Speilberg.

Also I'd like to see "And to my nephew Albert I leave the island what I won off Fatty Hagan in a poker game ..." by David Forrest. I've never understood why it wasn't filmed, "One of our dinosaurs is missing" was great!

jkdjr25
2007-05-18, 04:03 PM
I'd love to the the Chronicles of Prydain done as a series of movies. Done right they could be really cool.

Jack Squat
2007-05-18, 04:17 PM
I'd really like to see a Drive movie, but that's not likely to happen, so I'll go with my next choice; Rainbow Six (the book, although the games would probably be a good choice as well)

Daze
2007-05-18, 06:11 PM
Anything beloved from the world of books needs to take great care when transported to the screen (whether TV or movie). There's been plenty of half witted adaptations to prove this. Good writing, good director, good actors and enough time to tell the story is key.

With that being said...

A Song of Ice & Fire series. I was praying for years for this to get done. And when I found out HBO was doing it, I was super psyched! Gonna be awesome. Can't wait.

River God & Warlock by Wilbur Smith would also make a great movie (better yet mini-series.. on cable of course, forget that network crap)

I've given up on any movie based on a video game being any good... no one ever makes them with any serious effort. Doom was the last straw for me..

Archonic Energy
2007-05-18, 06:49 PM
i'd like a series of mini-films telling the story of Iassc Asimov's Foundation

failing that another series of Jake 2.0...

... what?

Deckmaster
2007-05-18, 06:59 PM
I'd like to see a live action movie based on Gargoyles.

SkippyFlannigan
2007-05-18, 06:59 PM
I have the best idea ever for a TV show. It's called, "Wasting Money with Skippy."

The premise is this: some network (probably MTV) gives me a budget of X amount of dollars. Every episode, I use up all of this money for extremely selfish and pointless reasons (such as a giant gilded inflatable jump house shaped like Quentin Tarrentino's head). Meanwhile, me and a few other people have hilariously wacky antics in our quests for our idiotic, selfish material possessions.

The tagline could be, "We already make Jackass and Wild Boyz; Something like this was inevitable."

TheEmerged
2007-05-18, 08:02 PM
Note that I'd only want these made into movies/TV if they were done WELL

1> PS238. Aaron's style would probably translate better to TV than the silver screen, but I want to see this.

2> Nodwick. The world is ready for a movie that parody's gamers. Oh wait, there's been a couple and Nodwick appears in the sequel. But you know what I mean...

3> Astro City: Confessions. I personally like the Steel Angel arc better but Confessions would make for better TV/movie.

4> Starblazers. By somebody that liked and understands the series. I understand Disney owns the rights currently, which terrifies me...

Finn Solomon
2007-05-18, 08:08 PM
A movie based on DC's Preacher, or the Xbox game SW: Knights of the Old Republic. But keep Lucas far, far away from that one.

RationalGoblin
2007-05-18, 08:24 PM
IWarhammer is literally drowning in blood, and while that is not a bad thing to me it is way too risky too make something like that in the times such as this. The same could also be said for most other games.
This is where the censure gets you.

*cough*

Adult Swim refused to censor Full Metal Alchemist, and that had a LOT of blood.

What makes you think they'd censor 40k?

Anyways, I second the KOTOR request.

Archonic Energy
2007-05-18, 08:56 PM
A movie based on DC's Preacher, or the Xbox game SW: Knights of the Old Republic. But keep Lucas far, far away from that one.

strange... i thought it was a PC game. :smalltongue:

RationalGoblin
2007-05-18, 09:59 PM
Actually, it was on both, but first it was on the PC, if I recall.

Mr. Mud
2007-05-18, 10:07 PM
Video games, books, and so on. Anything you can think of that would make a decent TV show and/or movie?

For me? Starcraft. A Starcraft movie would flippin' rock.

Yes i agree It goes flippin rock... there i said it.
but has anyone heard bout the WoW movie? last time i heard it was WoW universe or something like that

Mr. Mud
2007-05-18, 10:09 PM
*Sniffles* I almost forgot about "Firefly"... man i loved that i wish it could come back :frown:

Lemur
2007-05-18, 10:13 PM
Hmm, is this converted to TV or movie through the normal rules, or are we assuming that there isn't a huge risk of the conversion butchering the original concept?

I'd probably enjoy a TV series based on the Thief games, assuming it was done well. If it was going to be done terribly, I'd rather have it in movie form. It would be morbidly amusing to see just how bad of a movie it would be made into.

I'd say Jeff Smith's Bone, but I know that at one point things were in the works for making a movie out of it, but I believe things stopped because Smith felt that things weren't going in the right direction. I'm glad that he did so.

I have to say, I think a movie could be made out of the old scroll down shooter Tyrian. It would be just crazy enough to work.

I have the best idea ever for a TV show. It's called, "Wasting Money with Skippy."

The premise is this: some network (probably MTV) gives me a budget of X amount of dollars. Every episode, I use up all of this money for extremely selfish and pointless reasons (such as a giant gilded inflatable jump house shaped like Quentin Tarrentino's head). Meanwhile, me and a few other people have hilariously wacky antics in our quests for our idiotic, selfish material possessions.

The tagline could be, "We already make Jackass and Wild Boyz; Something like this was inevitable."

Brilliant! That's just the kind of edgy, x-treme kind of programming that our focus groups tell us is hot with the youth of America today!

You have no idea, do you? FMA seemed pretty tame to me. In any case, blood does not violence make. A robot with the brain of a fanatic in it, breaking the spines of mutants with the flesh on their faces torn off in places and held back with wires embedded in their skin, while huge green orks use axes to rend the armor and bodies of chainsaw wielding soldiers more or less describes business as usual in the Warhammer 40k universe.

It could be toned down, sure, but it would lose a lot of the feel that you get from the setting.

Anyway, if I were making a Warhammer show, I'd make it a comedy. Sorry blackout, but the temptation would be too much. Of course, it would be a fairly gorey and black comedy, since I'd have it revolve around a group of orks.

Deleran
2007-05-18, 10:38 PM
Actually, it was on both, but first it was on the PC, if I recall.

It was on Xbox first by several months. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic)

Dhavaer
2007-05-18, 10:43 PM
Red Hand of Doom. Because the scene with Azar Kul making a speech to his army would look awesome.

FdL
2007-05-18, 10:54 PM
I dunno...Big time media ruins everything it touches... Dumbs down things for the mass public to get, they make pre-digested versions of richer works, they make stupid changes for no reason. In general, it's because a) they're out to make money and b) they base their work on thinking people are stupid and would buy anything. And let's face it, adaptations are always second hand works.

Back on topic, I guess I'd like to see more D&D novels or adaptations. Definitely anything from FR, something with Drizzt. I think it would be really cool to make the Icewind Dale Trilogy or something. Dragonlance Chronicles would definitely be worth watching if done right. Those two even have comic books that are quite well done.

...I was going to post something smart, sarcastic, like a film related to some object or novelty but couldn't come up with nothing (I'm getting soft). Dunno, be my guest, the best I could come up with is "iPod: The Movie" :p

Dhavaer
2007-05-19, 12:34 AM
How could I forget: Deus Ex.

Mordokai
2007-05-19, 01:47 AM
*cough*

Anyways, I second the KOTOR request.

Haven't watched FMA, so I don't know what it's about. However, what Lemur states is true. Beside, if I remember correctly, FMA is anime. Don't those have milder standards of censure?

After seeing Korgoth the barbarian pilot I would have some hope they would have some blood left, but that much? And note that by blood I mean mutilations, severing of body parts, and things like that. Religious fanatism comes into play too. I don't know how well people would take to the show where bunch of psychos in black armors worship a bunch of demons. And yes, I know Chaos gods are more than just mere demons, but that's what it would look like to the people.

You have no idea, do you? FMA seemed pretty tame to me. In any case, blood does not violence make. A robot with the brain of a fanatic in it, breaking the spines of mutants with the flesh on their faces torn off in places and held back with wires embedded in their skin, while huge green orks use axes to rend the armor and bodies of chainsaw wielding soldiers more or less describes business as usual in the Warhammer 40k universe.

It could be toned down, sure, but it would lose a lot of the feel that you get from the setting.

Seconded.

Setra
2007-05-19, 01:56 AM
Hmm... well I'd say Dragonlance...

But it'd suck badly, no TV show or Movie could capture the feeling of those books.

An anime would be interesting but suck too.

MolotovH
2007-05-19, 02:14 AM
Warhammer 40K would be an excellent anime noir, I think. I avoid anime in general, but that I think I would like to see.

Most of Perdido Street Station would make an excellent movie trilogy, but they'd have to re-write the ending. It doesn't make much sense without context, and I think movie-goers would view it as a huge let-down. (And to be honest, even with the context it was a let-down. Realistic, perhaps, but a let-down. Not in quality, just... It leaves you crying out for justice and redemption with no hope of ever getting either.)

I'd also like to see a movie based on The Red Star, because a full-blown, vertigo-inducing, Star Wars-style treatment of the skyforge battle between the Taktarov and the Konstantinov would be just so uber that my eyes might bleed with pure, unadulterated joy. Not to mention the simultaneous rail-battle action sequence between Kyuzo and the assassin! Can't you just see it in all its Soviet-themed freedom-loving glory?!?

<<< Might possibly like The Red Star just a tiny bit too much.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-19, 05:32 AM
Every book I've ever read.

bosssmiley
2007-05-19, 06:07 AM
Roberts Graves' "Count Belisarius" - epic battle, amazing spectacle, true love, great tragedy and no Clive freakin' Owen! :smallannoyed:
2000AD's "Nicolai Dante" comic strips. Because what part of the phrase 'futuristic Tsarist swashbuckling adventure' doesn't rule?
James Clavell's "Tai-Pan" - the Opium Wars, the founding of Hong Kong, Triads, Manchu xenophobia and bannermen armies, costume balls, prizefighting, piracy and jacobean tragedy. Has the potential for avalanche of WIN! :smallcool:
Alistair MacLean's "HMS Ulysses" - that book is sheer awesome on a stick and should be required reading in English classes (how to plot, how to build dramatic tension, building sympathetic characters, imparting a sense of the smallness of man, the correct use of heroic death in literature, etc, etc). The film (if done right) would be too.
A Lovecraft movie that doesn't suck dead dogs...that isn't "Beyond Reanimator". Wanna Cthulhu that I can believe in. :smallfrown:

FdL
2007-05-19, 01:19 PM
James Clavell's "Tai-Pan" - the Opium Wars, the founding of Hong Kong, Triads, Manchu xenophobia and bannermen armies, costume balls, prizefighting, piracy and jacobean tragedy. Has the potential for avalanche of WIN! :smallcool:

Wasn't there a tv mini series already back in the 80's?
I know there was a computer game for the 8 bit computers. I had it for my Amstrad, and it was great.
In any case, great choice.

Commander Hayes
2007-05-19, 11:48 PM
I'd like to see if a movie adaptation of Oblivion could be done. T'would be interesting, and maybe they could up the scale of the Battle for Bruma. It was supposed to be some huge, climactic thing, but it was about ten soldiers (to be fair, each city said they'd send their best, so naturally they'd only send a few) against random daedra until you blew up the machine. Kind of a let down. Not sure it'd be any good though, it's one of those game's that's just too big to make into a movie without massive condensation.

Logic
2007-05-20, 12:11 AM
How has no one mentioned an Order of the Stick animated movie?

You KNOW you want it.

GolemsVoice
2007-05-20, 08:39 AM
If I knew the movie would be godd, I would vote for anything by Blizzard, outside of Diablo. because they write (or, maybe, wrote) stories that cry to be made into a movie.
And maybe something fron Terry Pratchett, if they manage to convey his style of writing into a film.
I also second the W40k movie.

jkdjr25
2007-05-20, 11:04 AM
I've seen Dragonlance mentioned a couple times, I thought they were making that into an animated film?

Illiterate Scribe
2007-05-20, 12:28 PM
A 40k movie would basically be 1984 as reimagined by Quentin Tarantino with George Lucas on FX.

blackout
2007-05-20, 12:40 PM
A 40k movie would basically be 1984 as reimagined by Quentin Tarantino with George Lucas on FX.

:smalleek: Oh gods, don't even JOKE about that!

Raistlin1040
2007-05-20, 07:44 PM
Pendragon series would make a great set of movies.

Setra
2007-05-20, 10:19 PM
I've seen Dragonlance mentioned a couple times, I thought they were making that into an animated film?
Yes it is. And that's terrible.

Seriously.. I have serious doubts about how good it will be.

Daze
2007-05-22, 05:37 PM

That would be pretty cool.

They did Clavell's King Rat as a movie back in the 60's, didnt quite have the same punch as the book though.

I liked the Shogun miniseries. Although, they totally messed up the ending. Like hello, Blackthorne gets Kiku, Midori AND Fujiko... Omi gets nothing. Musta been too much for american puritanical sensibilities.
Plus Toranaga's last thought to self should have included his valuing of the pilot as a friend...
but other than that, not bad...
They should do Gai-Jin too... Clavell is (was) a very underrated author.

J_Muller
2007-05-23, 12:22 AM
I second Pendragon.

Also, if I knew they'd do it right, I'd support a Foundation movie.

open_source.exe
2007-05-24, 08:16 PM
Well adult swim is on cable, so technically there is no censorship.

So they could do anything they want, and the alarmist nutjobs cant do anything about it.

So yeah, a WH40K comedy I whole-heartedly support.

knightsaline
2007-05-24, 11:37 PM
Darth Bane: Path of Destruction. this would make a kick ass movie. what other sith has killed more jedi and sith than Darth Bane? screw your hippy light side of the force, i like the darkness and the power it gives me!

I would like to see a movie crossing over Tyranids and the Zerg. now we can see who is the better rusher. failing that, a 40K series based on the Tau. the Tau seem to be the only race that is willing to send ambassadors to try and negotiate peace instead of just ordering Exterminaus on a whole planet. no over riding religion, no corruption driving them, no mindless rushing, just a peaceful race that will defend themselves if necessary.

more Star wars movies. I would love to see some old republic movies, when the jedi were slightly more passionate and the sith were rampant.

Attilargh
2007-05-25, 07:38 AM
And maybe something fron Terry Pratchett, if they manage to convey his style of writing into a film.
Why hello there, mr. Hogfather (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogfather_%28TV_adaptation%29). Will you be bringing the Wee Free Men (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wee_Free_Men#Film) some film now that mr. Raimi has finished Spiderman III?

Kyrian
2007-05-25, 07:59 AM
How has no one mentioned an Order of the Stick animated movie?

You KNOW you want it.

No, the question is, how has no one mentioned The Dark Tower by Stephen King?

DreadArchon
2007-05-25, 12:38 PM
I second Knights of the Old Republic and Red Hand of Doom.

psychoduck14
2007-05-25, 01:09 PM
I wouild like to see the DnD campain im in turned into a movie...

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-05-30, 10:04 PM
I wouild like to see the DnD campain im in turned into a movie...

You fool! How dare you wish another D&D movie upon the world!

Tengu
2007-05-31, 04:38 AM
No, the question is, how has no one mentioned The Dark Tower by Stephen King?

I did. But in the other thread, where you post things you do not want turned into movies. Mostly because it'd probably be far below the books.

Emperor Ing
2007-05-31, 04:48 AM
THings that would make good TV show or movies,
HEY!! NETWORK EXECUTIES!! R U WATCHING THIS?!?

THe Dictionary
The Dictionary of RPG cliches
KOTOR
OOTS, of course :smallbiggrin: (actually, I would love to see OOTS as a video game)
Halo (in the works!)
Metroid (also in the works!)

Arlanthe
2007-05-31, 05:30 AM
THings that would make good TV show or movies,
HEY!! NETWORK EXECUTIES!! R U WATCHING THIS?!?

THe Dictionary
The Dictionary of RPG cliches
KOTOR
OOTS, of course :smallbiggrin: (actually, I would love to see OOTS as a video game)
Halo (in the works!)
Metroid (also in the works!)

I hear that Woo has the rights to Metroid, but I haven't heard it is is in production...

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-31, 05:31 AM
If someone was competent enough to do it, which I doubt: The Kalevala.

Miklus
2007-05-31, 09:27 PM
Modesty Blaise by Peter O'Donnell.

Yes, it has been attempted several times, but someone has yet to capture the true character of Modesty. The latest film didn't even have Willie Garwin in it. How can the Modesty character work without Willie? :smallconfused: I guess that the Modesty character is too complex to transport to the big screen. It's too deep. How can a woman kill people without thinking twice and still run a donkey retirement home?

It would make a good TV series. It could only ever be a so-so movie.

Yeah, I have all the comics :smallredface:

Dumbledore lives
2007-05-31, 09:59 PM
Maybe some of the Ender's game books, it would probalbly be terrible but you can hope. I third Pendragon

Arlanthe
2007-06-01, 01:17 PM
Maybe some of the Ender's game books, it would probalbly be terrible but you can hope. I third Pendragon

Nickelodeon or Disney would probably get the rights and butcher it. "Ender and friends save the world while being silly in space. Tee hee.".

Nnnnaaaaahhhh...

Setra
2007-06-01, 01:21 PM
Halo (in the works!)
I heard Halo lost funding.

Jibar
2007-06-01, 02:26 PM
Onimusha has been lapped up so I can't say that. (Dear God. Make sure that movie is good. Kthanx. Amen.)

Make 5 Wishes, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_5_Wishes) but that would be selfish for me.

I also would like to see a Banjo-Kazooie movie, as long as the original team got to work closely with the movie. Something that damn silly could be awesome on film.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Deptford Mice series in some form, as long as they keep it as chilling.

ravenkith
2007-06-01, 03:03 PM
Enders Game would be incredible as an HBO series.

SOIAF is going to be nice....(see: rome, sopranos).

I'd like to see animate terry pratchett, starting with the bill door books.

Mr Croup
2007-06-01, 03:15 PM
I'd love to see a remake of Neverwhere. While I enjoy the original mini series, I'd love to see it reworked with a massive budget.

Good Omens, is also on the top of the list of things I'd love to see a film adaptation of. Sadly Terry Gilliam's version never got past preproduction.

The Codex Alera, by Jim Butcher would transition well to the screen, I think.

A Lovecraft movie that doesn't suck dead dogs...that isn't "Beyond Reanimator". Wanna Cthulhu that I can believe in. :smallfrown:

Yeah, tell me about it. Unfortunately so many of his stories don't translate to the screen because of the nature of the writing. And unfortunately the ones that would translate well end up getting turned into pieces of utter trash by the film makers. I'll let you (and the entire board) know when I'm finished with my adaptation of The Statement of Randolph Carter. We start filming in a week from Sunday, but post won't be finished until towards the end of the summer, most likely.

ravenkith
2007-06-01, 03:47 PM
I'd really like to see the wildcards book series get turned into an HBO type tv show.

Lerch
2007-06-01, 09:35 PM
I'd say the Wheel of Time but that would be better as a TV shows because the books are so freaking big. FX has gotten cheap enough to do the magic now on the little screen. As Far as the Big Screen more comic book adaptations would be good. I've heard the Frank Miller's Ronin is on deck for being made into a movie...and I'd like to see a decent Live Action Avengers, Doctor Strange, Teen Titan, Legion of Super Heroes, Wizards' First Rule...Dragonbone Chair (Tad Williams) GORD the Rogue ...the list is long....

but we all know that Hollywood is running out of Ideas....so I don't get my hopes up.

Setra
2007-06-01, 11:21 PM
City of Heroes!

Just kidding.

Some of the stories I write/roleplay.

Especially some of the 'roleplay', I could use a few more hentai movies, especially ones involving hot dragongirls and catgirls

On a more serious note, I do have a story I'd like to see turned into a movie, too bad it'll never happen.

Edit: Asked my friend, he said Kingdom Hearts.

On that note, I'd like to add Shadow Hearts.

Jibar
2007-06-02, 01:44 AM
Edit: Asked my friend, he said Kingdom Hearts.

*SLAP*

No. No no no no no.
Nooo.

You will not let them try and ruin Kingdom Hearts.

Vuzzmop
2007-06-02, 02:19 AM
Psychonauts. But only if Tim Burton does it, and there isn't a sequel.

C Harnryd
2007-06-02, 10:15 AM
The Tai-Pan (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092042/) movie came in 1986.

There was a Finnish mini-series based on the Kalevala in the early Eighties, I remember it as slow and gritty. The animated version from the Seventies was much better with its use of black silhouette characters on red background.

I'd really like the Elric movie to emerge from production hell, as hinted at here (http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=20750).
Many of the stories are surprisingly mediocre, but the concept is really powerful and would work even better in a movie, I think.

Catch
2007-06-02, 10:22 AM
Psychonauts. But only if Tim Burton does it, and there isn't a sequel.

See, I could see this actually happening and that thought terrifies me.

Mostly because all the Hot Topic kids would start wearing Raz shirts.

downthetimehole
2007-06-02, 03:02 PM
Lets see movie or TV show...

I'd have to go with the Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix, American Gods by Neil Gaiman and The Farseer Trilogy or The Liveship traders by Robin Hobb.

And more books as I think of them.

downthetimehole
2007-06-02, 03:14 PM
And now that I think about it, life needs the Pirates of Dark Water back. Those were some of the best cartoons ever, and my life won't be complete until I have more.

Setra
2007-06-02, 03:19 PM
And now that I think about it, life needs the Pirates of Dark Water back. Those were some of the best cartoons ever, and my life won't be complete until I have more.
Wasn't that canceled? I vaguely remember it..

*SLAP*

No. No no no no no.
Nooo.

He meant as an anime, I for one thought it could be interesting, the manga doesn't seem too bad.

Jibar
2007-06-02, 03:27 PM
He meant as an anime, I for one thought it could be interesting, the manga doesn't seem too bad.

I read the beginning of that.
I may be alone, but I did not like it.
People complain Sora is an idiot in the games. They haven't read the manga.
Even I began to dislike him.

downthetimehole
2007-06-02, 03:27 PM
It was cancelled, but it should be brought back. It was a truly great series.

Lycurgus
2007-06-25, 11:28 AM
They are already making Dragons of Autumn Twilight. Look it up on imdb.com

Sundog
2007-06-25, 03:35 PM
I'd love to the the Chronicles of Prydain done as a series of movies. Done right they could be really cool.

You do know that Disney made The Black Cauldron back in the late 80's or early 90's don't you?

I want them to give Peter Jackson a copy of Nine Princes in Amber. And an unlimited budget.

MostlyHarmless
2007-06-26, 11:14 AM
more Star wars movies. I would love to see some old republic movies, when the jedi were slightly more passionate and the sith were rampant.

You've seen Star Wars: Revelations (http://www.panicstruckpro.com/revelations/), right? For a fan film, it's pretty awesome, just gotta get past the acting :smallwink:.

I would totally love an OOTS video game and possibly a movie. Hear that Rich? Get crackin'.

And I would like to see what PJ could do with Prydain (non-animated).

How about Pern anyone? Have there been any Dragonrider movies I've missed?

nerulean
2007-06-26, 11:21 AM
The Book of the Crow series, by Catherine Fisher. Only no one's ever heard of it. :smallfrown:

Attilargh
2007-06-26, 12:15 PM
There was a Finnish mini-series based on the Kalevala in the early Eighties, I remember it as slow and gritty. The animated version from the Seventies was much better with its use of black silhouette characters on red background.
Would you be referring to Rauta-aika (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190919/)? (Translates to Iron age, for those of you who do not speak Finnish.) I've understood it wasn't as much a televisation of Kalevala as it was an adaptation. I've managed to miss it every time it has aired here, which is rather annoying. :smallannoyed:

For the record, I really disliked the silhouette animation. But I saw it in school, which might cause some bias.

sethdarkwater
2007-06-26, 02:07 PM
*Sniffles* I almost forgot about "Firefly"... man i loved that i wish it could come back :frown:

Have you seen Serenity

Shadowblade89
2007-06-30, 05:07 PM
Maybe some of the Ender's game books, it would probalbly be terrible but you can hope.

They're actually working on a screenplay for this right now.

blackout
2007-06-30, 05:11 PM
Oooh boy. Not good. Ender's Game as a movie is bound to be horrible. I mean, look at what they did with the Halo series...Oh wait, that's not out yet.

The Demented One
2007-07-01, 11:12 AM
If they could make a good Metal Gear Solid movie, I would cry tears of happiness. Manly, manly happiness.

Artemician
2007-07-01, 11:50 AM
I'd absolutely love to see Inuyasha remade into a 26-episode anime, which is what it's about anyway, if you shovel off the filler and all the ridiculously overpowered weaponry/opponents. So much wasted potential...

I'd also like to see any Discworld Movie. But there needs a big budget and a narrator I watched Hogfather, and frankly, it didn't quite cut it due to the lack of a narrator. A movie version of Thief of Time would be fantastic.

On the not-needed side, I'd also like to see Fate/Zero turned into an anime, when it's finished. It's just a matter of time, though, with Fate/Stay Night's massive success.

Teron
2007-07-11, 09:35 PM
Oh, crap. I love Ender's Game, but a movie is bound to mangle it so badly that I'll never be able to recommend it to anyone ever again.

On a lighter note, I'd nominate Deadpool. Another bad comic book movie would be easier to live with than an awful adaptation of a beloved book, and there's at least a chance it could be frickin' awesome.

Sammi_Somara
2007-07-11, 10:08 PM
*SLAP*

No. No no no no no.
Nooo.

Ooo scary news--I heard from my friend that they ARE making a movie out of Kingdom hearts. O.o

Athelis
2007-07-16, 10:43 PM
I dunno...Big time media ruins everything it touches... Dumbs down things for the mass public to get, they make pre-digested versions of richer works, they make stupid changes for no reason. In general, it's because a) they're out to make money and b) they base their work on thinking people are stupid and would buy anything. And let's face it, adaptations are always second hand works.

Back on topic, I guess I'd like to see more D&D novels or adaptations. Definitely anything from FR, something with Drizzt. I think it would be really cool to make the Icewind Dale Trilogy or something. Dragonlance Chronicles would definitely be worth watching if done right. Those two even have comic books that are quite well done.

...I was going to post something smart, sarcastic, like a film related to some object or novelty but couldn't come up with nothing (I'm getting soft). Dunno, be my guest, the best I could come up with is "iPod: The Movie" :p

Thees one in production, it's gonna be animated so I have doubts though, but still I hope.

Also, about your comment: Try
Suction Cups: The Movie

As for things I'd like to see: The Magic: The Gathering storyline of The Brothers War. I'd also wanna see the Drizzt books, but obviously as long as they don't screw it up.
Also, A Fire Emblem movie might be pretty cool, follow the storyline of The Blazing sword (the first one released here), but It'd have to be an anime.

BRC
2007-07-16, 11:19 PM
I would support a W40k anime if they had somebody who had written for w40k before as the writer, heck, maybe even the gaunts ghosts series except for the fact that A: it would be too long, B: he kills off characters at an unanime rate, and C: that they would manage to mangle it horribly. Its more that I could Imagine a good W40k anime then I want them to make one.

Hushdawg
2007-07-16, 11:51 PM
You do know that Disney made The Black Cauldron back in the late 80's or early 90's don't you?

1985 actually, though the re-release in 2000 provided previously deleted segments.

Tim Burton worked on this one too.

Hushdawg
2007-07-16, 11:56 PM
I would like to see a mini-series adaptation of Devil in the White City.

It would take a two-hour movie each week for three to four weeks in order to completely tell the story. Even then bits would be left out.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-07-17, 12:57 AM
I believe a cinematic adaptation of Genghis Khan's life would be good, if they did it right.

Triggerhappy938
2007-07-17, 01:22 AM
Magic: The Gathering: The Movie. It would fail, but it would be funny failure. Bonus points if they get Wesly Snipes for Crovax or Samuel L Jackson as Teferi.

Hushdawg
2007-07-17, 09:56 AM
I believe a cinematic adaptation of Genghis Khan's life would be good, if they did it right.

1998 - filmed in Mandarin, available with subtitles
1965 - filmed by an American studio with Omar Sharif playing Khan
2005 - filmed by the BBC
1950 - filmed in the Philippines, Tagalog and available both dubbed and subtitled

Check those out first, see if they suit your fancy.

They are all entitled "Genghis Khan"

Athelis
2007-07-17, 10:23 PM
Magic: The Gathering: The Movie. It would fail, but it would be funny failure. Bonus points if they get Wesly Snipes for Crovax or Samuel L Jackson as Teferi.

Oh man, that's EXACTLY who we (we being the local people I game with) pictured as Teferi
Heh, "I'm sick of these motherf***ing Phryexians on my motherf***ing plane"