PDA

View Full Version : Exalted: The Waste Lands (IC)

Django
2015-09-28, 08:47 PM
The wind sings a hollow song as it scours the earth. The sun glares lazily, full of absentminded malice. Every step, every moment, exacts a toll of thirst and fatigue. Life struggles furiously, pushing up through the hateful ground, struggling in vain. The only trees in this place are great things, beyond life and death, drawing any morsel of sustenance into their vastness.

When night falls, the moon brings a cold that banishes thought and memory. The stars assemble, marking signposts to other lands, telling stories of better times. But there is no one in the Waste Lands who yet remembers their provenance.

The sun rises again, and the heat is like a hand, pushing down on your shoulders even as it pushes you onward, away from where you were and who you are. In your heart and in your hand, you can only carry what you need.

THE WASTE LANDS
http://sydney.edu.au/images/content/news/2012/nov/08_broken_hill_studios.jpg

Django
2015-09-28, 09:16 PM
On a day like any other...

There is a city in the Wastes, called Oasis. It was named Oasis in the distant past, before history twisted it's moniker into a sad joke.

Like many of the great cities of the past, it was abandoned after the Fall. It's glittering panels and beams have been caressed harshly by the sand and wind; concrete plazas have collapsed into themselves. There were botanical gardens once, like emeralds set into silver chain. All that remains of them are brown stains, lingering on bone-colored stone.

But the roads that led to Oasis are still intact, and those who wander find reason to visit there.

There are still people there- quiet and suspicious. They have traded sunlight for shadow, and the uncertain future for the faded past. They have found many things- clothes, cans of food, drums of water, even intact machinery from long ago. They part with these things dearly, but there are ways to curry their favor.

__________________________________________________ _______________

The winds of fate, and the gentle hand of the road, has brought four Chosen to the ruins of Oasis on this day. What do they seek, in the shadows of the past?

Novabomb
2015-09-28, 10:28 PM
This happened to be the next town over. Hurrat enters from the west road shortly before noon. His first goal is sustenance for the next few days. He asks around to see what work there is to be done in this desolate place.

Lord-Leafar
2015-09-29, 01:49 AM
The sun shone across the arid, the city Oasis coming into view through a passing dust cloud. Jynx kept her grip steady on the wheel, her foot eager to push down on the accelerator at the prospect of a well deserved rest, he however kept the same pace and speed, no reason to rush now.

In her trunk she had few things to trade, some clothes and working spare parts she had no use for, stuff that hopefully someone in the small town would make use of. But it wasn't this stuff what would grant Jynx access to the city and it's limited resources, no, she came to provide a service after all. It was a ritual of sorts, undoubtedly something would always need repairing that was beyond the skills of the locals, or perhaps they would scavenge some new machinery they would not know how to use and or to fix, and that's where Jynx could come in. Sometimes it would take her a few days of greasy work, but she never failed to fix or salvage their broken relics. It was the least she could do for these people, and them in turn would pay Jynx with their hospitality and what provisions they could spare.

The sight of "Thunderbird" was a welcome one to the people of Oasis, and the tireless steed and rider entered town like the knights of old, familiar sights and familiar faces all around. It was one of these familiar faces that approached the roaring murmur of Thunderbird's engine as it died down. Jynx lowered the dusty window and spoke to her old acquaintance "Got any work for me?"

Q'telun
2015-09-29, 01:30 PM
The man on the motorcycle pushes his hair back while he watches the city below slowly wake. As he guns the throttle to enter the city, he knows what is about to happen. Somewhere down below someone is either dying, dead, or about to be buried and he is going to cross their path. Or maybe today a newborn will die after a short fight with disease that no one remembers how to treat. He sighs, and passes through the gates as a man is executed at the city limits.

The stranger rides through empty streets, aware of the eyes upon him from empty and ruined buildings. He stops at a run down shop and kills the engine. Taking a bag from his dark steed he stalks through the door, dust falling from him with each step. Looking the shop owner directly in the eye he asks in a hollow voice, "Whats the exchange on ammunition here?"

Django
2015-09-29, 09:01 PM
The inhabitants of Oasis have been touched by this place, and their appearance is bizarre. They dress in clothes scavenged from the stores and apartments of the fallen city, often re-purposed into veils, wraps, turbans and hijabs. Their skin is bleached to a dishwater grey, and their eyes are sickly yellow, as if jaundiced. All of the adults, and any child older than ten, has their mouth covered entirely in fabric.

Jynx
The people of Oasis emerge from the dusty shadows, clutching some household gadget or implement. At their head is Jynx's usual contact, a man named Asu. The other denizens seemed to have made him spokesperson for dealing with Jynx, and he greets her in a muffled, reedy voice.
"Good tidings, Suntouched. These are hard days, and it is good to see you."
He produces a can of gasoline and places it in the back of the Thunderbird, before ushering his people into an informal queue.

He stands by as Jynx works, handing tools and discussing the goings-on in Oasis. "Raiders rode through last night, and the night before. Yelling, cursing, disrupting. We hid ourselves, of course, but their coarse voices could be heard by all. I had heard that some of the young men caught a straggler unawares. An example, a warning. Let this be a haunted place to such as them."

Jynx knows the people of Oasis aren't shy about killing outsiders, especially ones who offend their peculiar sense of decorum. It was only luck, and some well-chosen words, which kept her from sharing a similar fate.

Hurrat
Assuming that you made some reference, or showed proof, of your identity
Hurrat is only greeted by his own echo. But after a moment, a veiled figure looks down at you from atop a dilapidated garage. "We have heard of your deeds, Hurrat Pandrogen the Suntouched. And while we have no great labors for you, it is said you do not shy away from low tasks."

Several of the Oasis-folk lead Hurrat underground, where basements give way to ancient sewer and recent tunneling. A passage, leading down at an angle, takes him to some deep chamber. The air here is hot, and damp, and illuminated by a strange phosphorescence. There are other of the Oasis folk here, men and women, many bare-chested, but still having wrapped their faces. They are all hard at work, with shovel and pick, excavating some vast hulk."Aid us in our works, and we will be happy to provide food and water."

Black Steel Diamond
Diamond sees the man fall to the ground from far away, and his executioners sink like wraiths into the city. The body is left face-up, as a warning. You can see that, across the eyes of the dead man, is a wide band of silver paint.

Inside of Oasis, Diamond sees nary a soul. What seemed from outside was a clerk manning a general store counter is merely a mannequin, posed by some unknown and morbid soul. The aisles of the shop are mostly picked over, and what remains has been touched by decay...

Perception+Awareness please

Novabomb
2015-09-29, 09:49 PM
There are no low tasks, noble speaker, all things contribute to the greater whole. I would be glad to assist.

While being led

What may I call you good sir?

After the journey underground

Who leads the work effort, that I may know where I am most useful?

After receiving instruction, he proceeds to excavate.
What shall I role to see how well I do?

Django
2015-09-29, 10:06 PM
There are no low tasks, noble speaker, all things contribute to the greater whole. I would be glad to assist.

While being led

What may I call you good sir?

After the journey underground

Who leads the work effort, that I may know where I am most useful?

After receiving instruction, he proceeds to excavate.
What shall I role to see how well I do?

"I am called Kropek. If you have questions, ask for Shanbee." Kropek indicates a woman with a distinctive scar pattern across her temples.

Roll Strength+Athletics for excavation

Novabomb
2015-09-29, 10:18 PM
Thank you for your guidance Kropek.

STR+ATH
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6]

Novabomb
2015-09-29, 10:22 PM
Excuse my newbness.

Lord-Leafar
2015-09-30, 12:02 AM
The inhabitants of Oasis have been touched by this place, and their appearance is bizarre. They dress in clothes scavenged from the stores and apartments of the fallen city, often re-purposed into veils, wraps, turbans and hijabs. Their skin is bleached to a dishwater grey, and their eyes are sickly yellow, as if jaundiced. All of the adults, and any child older than ten, has their mouth covered entirely in fabric.

Jynx
The people of Oasis emerge from the dusty shadows, clutching some household gadget or implement. At their head is Jynx's usual contact, a man named Asu. The other denizens seemed to have made him spokesperson for dealing with Jynx, and he greets her in a muffled, reedy voice.
"Good tidings, Suntouched. These are hard days, and it is good to see you."
He produces a can of gasoline and places it in the back of the Thunderbird, before ushering his people into an informal queue.

He stands by as Jynx works, handing tools and discussing the goings-on in Oasis. "Raiders rode through last night, and the night before. Yelling, cursing, disrupting. We hid ourselves, of course, but their coarse voices could be heard by all. I had heard that some of the young men caught a straggler unawares. An example, a warning. Let this be a haunted place to such as them."

Jynx knows the people of Oasis aren't shy about killing outsiders, especially ones who offend their peculiar sense of decorum. It was only luck, and some well-chosen words, which kept her from sharing a similar fate.

Jynx made no judgement at the mention of the killing, everyone had to do what they must to survive, and she was no stranger to taking a life herself, she simply nodded in agreement as sweat ran down her temple, her hands busy with fixing the gadgets the locals brought to her. "Were you able to find out where were they going? I rather avoid such crowds next time I'm out there. Oh and Asu, how long until you start calling me by my name? I told'ya, I don't like none of this "suntouched" nonsense."

Django
2015-10-01, 10:42 AM
Thank you for your guidance Kropek.

STR+ATH

Hurrat is able to keep up with the Oasis-folk during the grueling 4-hour shift. Despite their slight frames, they work with great intensity and effectiveness. At no point do they remove their face-wrappings.

At the four-hour-mark, the workers of the shift are given a meal; a metal dish containing a thick, savory stew, served atop a crust of unleavened bread. Hurray is given a water skin, but he is the only one.

Shanbee asks Hurrat to take his lunch outside, as the Oasis folk retreat further into the tunnels. There is a firm implication that following them would be frowned upon.

Django
2015-10-01, 10:46 AM
Jynx made no judgement at the mention of the killing, everyone had to do what they must to survive, and she was no stranger to taking a life herself, she simply nodded in agreement as sweat ran down her temple, her hands busy with fixing the gadgets the locals brought to her. "Were you able to find out where were they going? I rather avoid such crowds next time I'm out there. Oh and Asu, how long until you start calling me by my name? I told'ya, I don't like none of this "suntouched" nonsense."

"Names are a vanity, Suntouched." Its the answer he always gives you, and he refuses elaboration. Nor does he explain why he has a name. Another indication of the puzzling philosophy of these ruin-dwellers, and the barriers they place between themselves and the outside world.

Asu does mention that the riders had been seen coming from the North-West, from the direction of the Derricks.

Django
2015-10-01, 10:49 AM
Black Steel Diamond

You see it out of the corner of your eye- a point of light, dancing ever so slightly on the far wall of the decrepit shot. It is just the sort of glimmer made by light, reflecting off of a small circle of curved glass.

Someone across the street is watching you, through a scope. Possibly the scope attached to a rifle.

Lord-Leafar
2015-10-01, 11:52 AM
"Names are a vanity, Suntouched." Its the answer he always gives you, and he refuses elaboration. Nor does he explain why he has a name. Another indication of the puzzling philosophy of these ruin-dwellers, and the barriers they place between themselves and the outside world.

Asu does mention that the riders had been seen coming from the North-West, from the direction of the Derricks.

Jynx smirked at the familiar answer and it's puzzling words, she often wondered if she would ever come to understand their culture completely, or if they would ever let her get closer to their community than this, not that she had any plans of settling in Oasis anytime soon, but she suspected that whatever secrets laid behind their face wraps, it was probably the one thing that separated the Oasis folk from the rest of dwellers she had encountered before. A part of her told her that it might be for the best that they kept their faces hidden, for she wasn't sure she wanted to know the truth behind those veils.

"By the way, be sure to take a look at the stuff I brought for you guys, in the trunk I've got a few clothes and spare parts in good condition I managed to find, take whatever you want, it's not much..." She shrugged as she wiped some sweat of her chin with her forearm "...but might be useful for you folks. And if there's any junk you don't need that it's not entirely beyond repair, I would appreciate if can have a look at it, I might find a use for it." She finished repairing one of the little items she was working on, giving it back to the owner before a new broken artifact was placed in her hands for her to work on, without pause or signs of exhaustion, she worked diligently on the next item, the looks of satisfaction from those she had helped motivating her to keep on working.

Q'telun
2015-10-01, 12:57 PM
Lance turns to face the gunman, bag slung over his shoulder to free his gun hand. He walks out the door of the old shop, stopping in the middle of the street with his legs slightly spread, right hand over his gun. With his left hand he digs in his bag, pulling out two full clips of rifle ammunition and raising them above his head. "Got time for a trade?"

Django
2015-10-01, 02:14 PM
Lance turns to face the gunman, bag slung over his shoulder to free his gun hand. He walks out the door of the old shop, stopping in the middle of the street with his legs slightly spread, right hand over his gun. With his left hand he digs in his bag, pulling out two full clips of rifle ammunition and raisin them above his head. "Got time for a trade?"

A coarse voice booms out from above, in the alcove of some bombed-out tower. "Here's yet trade, cully- drop the gun, the swag bag, and the keys to that bike, and you can waltz outta here with her life. An' if ye don't like that transaction, my boys let a little daylight into yer skull!"

Q'telun
2015-10-01, 02:35 PM
"Oh good, I was getting hungry." Black Steel Diamond lets his fangs extend, running a fang over them in a grotesque mockery of a smile while his banner flares, coloring the area around him in shades of grey and purple, his Caste Mark blazing with dark light on his forehead. His gun flies to his hand as he walks towards the flimsy door standing between him and his prey.

Spending one mote for the banner, rest is fluff.

Pertenetator
2015-10-01, 02:53 PM
Somethings quite strange appears in the clear sky, something the Oasis folk did not see often, if at all. A small black cloud of smog moved swiftly in the blue dome , standing menacingly right above the middle of the ruins and stopping there. The cloud had the abstract shape of a strange reptilian being.

Meanwhile , an Ochre spot marked the horizon, something was going quite fast, so fast it was disturbing the sands of the desert. But is seemed too small for any vehicle. A person could not go so fast, could he ? The answer was no, because Dust Devil was technically not a person anymore. He was something a bit different. So was Srat, that had taken his primal form and was spying around the city. The people Srat saw were ugly, yet not so ugly to be killed. Maybe they would have something of worth to him ?

Django
2015-10-01, 05:52 PM
"Oh good, I was getting hungry." Black Steel Diamond lets his fangs extend, running a fang over them in a grotesque mockery of a smile while his banner flares, coloring the area around him in shades of grey and purple, his Caste Mark blazing with dark light on his forehead. His gun flies to his hand as he walks towards the flimsy door standing between him and his prey.

Spending one mote for the banner, rest is fluff.

roll a Join Battle

Novabomb
2015-10-02, 09:10 PM
As you wish foreman Shanbee. How long until the next shift?
After that response.
Until then.
Hurrat takes his meal outside as requested, likely finishing it before he is even out of the tunnels. It may not taste great, but a full belly after a bout of labor gives him satisfaction. While he waits for the next shift he is going to look around the ruins. Perhaps he can find some pre-event writings to add to his collection. Tales of true heros filled with color.

Django
2015-10-02, 10:07 PM
Lance

Aside from the gunman in the opposite store, you see three other snipers on surrounding roofs, with some amount of cover.

But a series of shots ring out from a direction Lance hadn't counted on, catching him unawares!

The hidden sniper's attack takes place at the same time as your first action, so your DV is unaffected by your action, and you are likewise unaffected by any health penalties you may sustain.

It's a flurry of four attacks, with the unexpected quality.

Lance, Hidden Sniper: Tick 0
Tick 2: Mooks
Tick 6: Hidden Sniper

Django
2015-10-02, 10:12 PM
Jynx, Hurrat

The pleasant-if-desolate mood in Oasis is shattered by the ear-splitting crack of gunfire. Somebody in the vicinity of the Western Gate is spraying a hail of bullets.

All at once, the bustle around Jynx evaporates, as the Oasis folk gather their possessions and companions, delivering curt nods of thanks to the Solar. "May the Road meet you well, Sountouched,"calls Asu as he draws away a section of debris and ushers his people into the deeper ruins.

Srat and Dust Devil

From the vantage point of a stormcloud, Srat can see almost all of Oasis, which honestly has little to recommend itself. Dusty, secretive people carrying out their lives, eyes fixed firmly on the ground. There is something interesting brewing near the West Gate, as a gaggle of scavenging killers train their guns on a monster from beyond the Ash Roads...

Lord-Leafar
2015-10-02, 10:28 PM
"****!" Jynx mutters to herself as the first sounds of gunfire break the peace, her hands instinctively hovering over her gun as she turns in the direction of the gunshots. Her mind raced with questions, she did not wish to get on the road just yet, she had hardly rested since she got here, and wasn't entirely sure she wanted to get dragged to a potentially lethal conflict, but if those gunshots were from raiders, she feared for the continued existence of Oasis. With another curse, she shuts her vehicle's trunk and steps into the driver's seat, roaring the vehicle into life as she directs Thunderbird towards the Western gate, aiming to approach from a safe distance to be able to spot the guards stationed there, and hoping that them, just as Asu, are well aware of her intentions to help them in defending Oasis.

Novabomb
2015-10-02, 11:01 PM
All Hurrat knows at this point is that the locals have been friendly (relatively), and now there is trouble. In a single swift motion, he draws his shield from off his back and break into a run toward the west gate. His eyes glow as he tries to discover the source of the turmoil.

Hurrat reflexively activates Lightning Speed, increasing his movespeed to 9 yards a tick. (3 motes personal)
Hurrat uses Awareness Second Excellency for 2 successes (4 motes peripheral)
Per+Awareness [roll0]

Q'telun
2015-10-02, 11:39 PM
Before the first of the bullets fly Black Steel Diamond is laughing maniacally, and already moving. He blurs slightly as he dodges into the cover of the building, straight through the door if he has to, coat billowing and obscuring part of his body. Still laughing, he returns fire as his Anima flares around him, the beginnings of the great snake beginning to show, coiling up his arm and swallowing his gun, muting the shots and the flashes.

First, for the sniper's attack.

Uncanny Impulse Evasion (1m) + 1st Dodge Excellency (5m)

[roll0]

And for the attack:

1st Firearms Excellency (5m)

[roll1]

All mote expenditure is Peripheral, meaning he's got a fear aura.

Django
2015-10-02, 11:59 PM
Before the first of the bullets fly Black Steel Diamond is laughing maniacally, and already moving. He blurs slightly as he dodges into the cover of the building, straight through the door if he has to, coat billowing and obscuring part of his body. Still laughing, he returns fire as his Anima flares around him, the beginnings of the great snake beginning to show, coiling up his arm and swallowing his gun, muting the shots and the flashes.

First, for the sniper's attack.

Uncanny Impulse Evasion (1m) + 1st Dodge Excellency (5m)

[roll0]

And for the attack:

1st Firearms Excellency (5m)

[roll1]

All mote expenditure is Peripheral, meaning he's got a fear aura.

Lance dodges all but the last bullet, grazing him past his protective gear!
He got past soak, and dealt 1 HL.
Who was Lance attacking? Hidden sniper, or one of the mooks?

Q'telun
2015-10-03, 02:30 AM
The not so hidden sniper. Its hard to remain hidden after four shots, right?

Pertenetator
2015-10-03, 06:43 AM
Dust Devil heard the gunshots from a distance, and smiled. Something quite interesting was happening. Srat returned to him swiftly as well, after investigating the happenings from afar. "Four men, one has a dark aura. He is fighting the rest" the Rakeden spoke in it's regular, hissing voice, like a cold wind passing through the dunes.

"Setting an ambush ? Hm, that's not pretty, that's not pretty at all " Devil muses, while still running "I suppose we'll have to intervene, it would win us some rep with the locans, and we are both quite hungry"

"Agreed" Srat replied, switching to his demonic form as he took to the skies, while Dust Devil drew his weapon, an old blade he had found in some ruins. It seemed to have been made of some weird stained glass material, but was equally hard and more balanced than steel. It never rusted either, so he did not need a sheath. Blade in hand, he laughed as his speed grew threefold, creating a small shockwave as he rushed to the east gate.

Srat has a flight speed of 22 yards per tick
Dust devil has activated Racing Vitaris, and is currently going with the speed of 60 yards per tick

Django
2015-10-03, 03:32 PM
Lance's bullet pierces the shoulder of the lead sniper, prompting a series of curses from above.

The gunmen are shaken by Lance's anima, but their eyes shine with manic focus. They make the most of their defensive cover, aiming carefully before firing at the Abyssal! Two bullets fly past, but two of them manage to pierce the wall of black essence and strike!

Another 2 Lethal Health Levels

Everyone Else
The scene becomes clear, a single shadowy gunslinger boxed-in to a man-made canyon. There are four snipers on different roofs, patios, and balconies, all enjoying a degree of cover.

Jynx and Hurrat will join on tick 5, which is now, and Dust Devil will join on tick 10, making the turn order...

Tick 5: Lance, Hurrat, Jynx
Tick 6: Assault Rifler
Tick 8: Mooks
Tick 10: Lance, Hurrat, Dust Devil

Novabomb
2015-10-03, 06:55 PM
Hurrat sees that the snipers lack the distinctive face coverings that the locals wear, but see that they are fighting some sort of supernatural being. Not knowing who is in the right, Hurrat moves right next to the dark figure with only his shield drawn. It glows as he does, and he calls out: Cease fire. I place this man under my protection. If you have just cause speak your grievance.

Hurrat takes the defend other action on the shadowy man.
Hurrat reflexively activates the charm protection of celestial bliss on his shield. (3 motes peripheral [7 motes in the anima])
His DV is currently 8 (-1 defend other) = 7 and acts again on tick 10

Q'telun
2015-10-04, 06:33 PM
"They don't have cause, they just want my gear. WELL YOU CAN HAVE MY BULLETS YOU SONS OF MONGREL WHORES!" Bracing his right arm against the door jam, Lance takes aim at one of the men who shot him. The god of his gun roars out its annoyance and spits fiery death at the villain, the head of the snake following close behind in the trail of essence, purple eyes aflame with rage and hate.

[roll0]

Django
2015-10-04, 06:50 PM
"They don't have cause, they just want my gear. WELL YOU CAN HAVE MY BULLETS YOU SONS OF MONGREL WHORES!" Bracing his right arm against the door jam, Lance takes aim at one of the men who shot him. The god of his gun roars out its annoyance and spits fiery death at the villain, the head of the snake following close behind in the trail of essence, purple eyes aflame with rage and hate.

[roll0]

Hit, roll 6 damage

Lord-Leafar
2015-10-05, 02:59 AM
The scene unfolded in front of her left Jynx with a tough choice, clearly some a pair of wanderers were being ambushed by mysterious raiders, and from what Asu had communicated earlier, they might have a connection to the party that wandered through Oasis earlier, but one of the stranger's under attack reminded Jynx of that fateful night of her Exaltation, were her eyes deceiving her? or was he a creature of the Ashen roads? Gritting her teeth and making a decision, Jynx drives her car towards the two wanderers, with her left hand on the wheel Jynx swerves to a halt in front of the two men, providing them with extra cove while raising a massive cloud dust that blocks the visibility from further gunfire. Without wasting time, she opens the passenger door to "Thunderbird", signaling the two men to enter the vehicle. "Hurry, get in!"

Django
2015-10-05, 08:41 AM
Hurrat's shield ably deflects the blazing golden bullet away from Lance, the sound of impact ringing through the square like a gong.

As her initial adrenaline rush cools a but, Jynx notes that this is hardly the modus operandi of the Oasis folk- if they want to kill or Rob somebody, they do it under cover of darkness, with a multitude of cold knives.

To reinforce this impression, the sniper struck by Lance's bullet rises to their feet. They're wearing a shirt of some repurposed metal grating, as well as gaudy decorations of scavenged metal. His mouth is uncovered, and a band of silver glimmers across his eyes.

"For the Silver Mother!" he cries, and raises a gun aloft, shooting a single black flare into the sky. Within seconds, a sound fills Oasis... the furious growling of engines, getting louder by the second.

The same coarse voice from earlier barkssnout again, only just audible over the roar of approaching vehicles. "Tough luck, Cullies! Now every one of you gets to DIE!"

Basically you get an action before this scene becomes a Chase. Dust Devil can enter the scene at this juncture.

Pertenetator
2015-10-05, 09:10 AM
"Silver Mother ? What an ugly expression" a half speech half laugh echoes, as the extremely quick dot in the horizon closes in. He is but a blur of motion, making closing circles around the sniper, like a sand shark to wounded prey. "So simple, and so dull. It's not pretty, it's not pretty at all. You could say something of the like "Argent Life-bringer", or "Silvered Child-bearer", but "Silver Mother ?". People that says= so ugly expressions...do not deserve to live"

The blur of motion that is Dust Devil grinds to a halt suddenly, as his blade becomes engulfed into a tiny whirlwind of sand, delivering multiple slashes on his back. That moment he can be seen a bit more clearly: He seems suspiciously white, even pale, for a man that probably lived his whole life on the wastes. Blonde hair was also not seen so often. He wore a long duster, with something looking like a shirt made from multiple tiny chains inside.

Dash to the sniper that shot the flair (reflexive action)
performing Flurry of 2 attacks with Exceptional Slashing sword. Each attack is boosted by Thousandfold Typhoon Hand. THis has 3 Effects
- His DV is Halved by the Attacks
-THe attacks count as Unexpected
- Each Success on the attack roll counts twice for damage

1st attack [roll0]
2nd Attack [roll1] - 1 onslaught Penalty to his DV
3rd attack [roll2]+2d stunt [roll3]-(ignore this) 2 Onslaught Penalty to his DV

12 Persona motes spent

Persona 3/15
Peripheral 33/33

Novabomb
2015-10-05, 10:48 AM
Hurrat is now confident about the foes he faces, the nature of his foe fuels his inner rage. He dashes up to the roof of the women's car sucks in an enourmous amount of air drawing the dust toward him. Then as his anima explodes outwards his hair stands on end as he shouts above the roaring vehicles:Tremble Gangers and Dispair, Hurrat has come to this place, and none of you shall survive the encounter.

Hurrat is making a CHA + PRESENCE roll to both scare the raiders off, or at least draw them his way. Hurrat will spend a willpower to channel his valor into this roll.
He is using the 1st presence excellency for 9 motes peripheral which brings his total to 16 (He is now totemic) there is no way he can be mistaken for anyone else now.

[roll0]

Django
2015-10-05, 08:43 PM
The roars of the engines approaching reach a crescendo, as the full convoy approaches. Four motorcycles lead the pack, roadsters, more nimble than Lance's cruiser. Their riders whoop and scream, battering themselves into a frenzy as their prey comes into view. Behind them are three jeep-like trucks, with weapons platforms mounted on the back. These are attended, and the gunners fire blasts of demonstrative ammunition into the air.

The snipers- with the notable exception of the one Dust Devil eviscerated- leap from their enclaves and onto the approaching vehicles, and are caught by their comrades with practiced ease. In moments, the raiding party will be upon you...

If you're participating in the Chase as a driver/runner, roll another Join Battle, to determine initiative order- actions don't really have speeds in a Chase. If anyone wishes to mount/dismount from a vehicle during the chase, roll a JB at that time. Do also tell me how your character is beginning the chase.

Lord-Leafar
2015-10-05, 09:38 PM
"Oh damn it!" The thundering engines coming down on her and the others close in on Jynx, her hands gripping the wheel tightly in anticipation of what's to come. "Hey nut job, we're moving!" She yells at the strange glowing man on top of her car, hoping she had made the right choice coming to his aid, otherwise she would leave him behind, no need to risk herself or Thunderbird for a loony. With the stomping of a pedal, Thunderbird let's out it's own roar as Jynx brings her engine to life, clouds of dust raising violently as the wheels speed up with increasing ferocity. "Alright Birdie, get us to safety!"

Activating Daredevil Driving Technique (5m peripheral), all Driving rolls reflexive for the scene while converting any stunts into auto sux, as well increasing my car's DodgeDV with +3.
JB roll:
[roll0]

Q'telun
2015-10-05, 10:08 PM
Lance dashes for his bike and spurs it's least god to life with a savage kick. The engine roars defiance to the world, sounding like a great Predator Lizard, and his bike lurches forward and into the wastes as the pistons in the four cylinders fire desperately to keep pace with the car beside him. "Lawbringer, what the hell do you think you're going to be able to do up there?" He calls out to Pendrogen over all of the engines.

[roll0]

Novabomb
2015-10-05, 11:02 PM
To Lance:

Lawbringer? I will have to remember that one. (Pause)
There are advantages to being a target.

Despite his words he has misgivings about standing on top of a moving vehicle.
He steps down into Thunderbird's trunk, and with one hand grabs the roof fin, and with the other prepares to fend off gunfire.
To Jynx:

Thank you for your assistance and courage. If I fought here innocents would pay the price. I will protect your vehicle while we draw them out of the city.

Reflexively activating Panoptic Fusion Discipline (4 mote peripheral)
Peripheral remaining: 19
Personal remaining:15
Anima (20 motes)
PDV is currently: 11 (And attackers have an additional -1 external penalty if they do not pay 5 willpower)

Pertenetator
2015-10-06, 11:53 AM
"Whoops, seems like things are getting a little bit pent up here" Dust devil says as he start dashing away, following the car and the motorcycle "Mind if i tread along ? You seem to be having some trouble with these quite horrible people". He seems to be running aslmost as fast, even faster than the two vehicles

[roll0]
Reminder my speed it 60 yards/tick

Novabomb
2015-10-06, 10:53 PM
To All:

It is good to see so many who are willing to fight the gangs, what are thy names?

Django
2015-10-08, 09:59 AM
The ruins of Oasis loom over the deserted streets. These parkways and boulevards were designed for their meandering aesthetic values, curving and arching constantly, and in their disrepair they form frequent obstacles to a high-speed Chase. (Difficulty 2)

One of the armored jeeps had bold streaks of blue on the side panels, as well as en embellished painting of a silver skull on the hood. Behind the wheel of this jeep is a man with a horned, viking style helm and a massive frame. He raises his fist out of the window and bellows a loud, nonverbal war chant to his compatriots. They answer in unison, and a sandy-colored aura begins to shimmer around their tires.

Easy enough; Raider Captain, the Party, then Raider Mooks.

Action: Activate Charm: Terrestrial Drive Reinforcement
5successes, 1 hazard

Lord-Leafar
2015-10-08, 11:21 AM
Sparing a side glance to the Infernal flying next to them, Jynx wided her eyes in amazement, she was ready to shoot at the devil until it spoke, he seemed friendly for now, and that was enough for Jynx to focus on getting away from these raiders. She would pay due attention to this sudden group of companions she seemed to have joined."Now's not the time for introductions buddy, save the names for when we don't have a rabid pack of murderers on our asses!" With that, Jynx pressed on the accelerator, "Thunderbird growled as it picked up extra speed through the roads of the broken ruins of Oasis. Jynx had visited this city on many occasions, and if there was one advantage she had over her pursuers, was that she knew more of the geography of the place than them, she knew the alleys, the sand traps, and the dead ends of the now seemingly empty and desolate city, she only hoped that all inhabitants had taken refuge underground as it was usually the case. With that reassuring thought, Jynx made a turn around one of the corners of a collapsed building, an alley ahead of her seemed to be the only route ahead, but at the last second she turned sharply into a narrow gap of the adjacent building, with it's broken architecture it provided some cover against her pursuers, and Jynx could have driven through it with eyes closed, taking advantage of the poor visibility the close space offered and the more dust she raised with her passing, she drove through it with dangerous speed, her body and muscles reacting out of memory to the landscape, her one with her vehicle, a perfect fusion of (wo)man and machine.

Attempting a Cunning Maneuver for my first chase action, rolling with a +1 difficulty for a total of +3 difficulty. And gaining +1 hazard from it. I'm gonna impose the -3 die penalty on my pursuers for their next roll. My maneuverability is +1, so my Drive roll becomes Dex(5)+Drive(5)+1=11 and any stunt dice becomes auto sux from Daredevil Driving Technique.
[roll0]

Django
2015-10-08, 11:29 AM
stunt 2 for Jynx

Pertenetator
2015-10-08, 02:47 PM
"Seem like these raiders want a show" Dust Devil giggled "Lets give it tho them then!" .

He rushed towards Jynx's car, the sand of the oasis gathering below his feet as he dashed towards Thunderbird. With a burst of energy, he made a quite daring leap forwards, a sudden winds pushing him to the same speed when he took off, a small sandstorm under his feet. Due to that, the had made a complete U-turn with his body,pushing his hand on the hood of Thunderbird, landing almost flawlessly. He wouldn't stop here of course, as soon as his feet where in the stable metal hoo, he jumped again, uppon the a metallic beam that came out of the ground like a broken bone. And another, and another, he kept leaping from Oasis ruin to oasis ruin, running on nbroken rooftops or collapsed metal structures, or just frorm;ess rock. It didn't matter, only that his insanse stunts had an audience now

Using Dangerous Maneuver , adding two automatic successes to the CHase roll but also 2 Hazard unless his opponents accept two extra hazard to match
his risky advantage with their own.. Using 1st Adorjan Excellency for 4m to boost the Dex+ Athletic roll. Plus 1 die for haing a speed of 60 yards per tick, 10 yards faster than the motorcycles

[roll0] Plus any stunt

Django
2015-10-08, 04:18 PM
+2 stunt for DD

Novabomb
2015-10-09, 02:02 PM
Nonsense, any of you could be dead before the bell is done. I would know with whom I fight.

Q'telun
2015-10-09, 05:43 PM
A motorcycle is only as good as the hand that repairs it. And Lance's bike is as new as the day it rolled off the assembly line, untouched by the harsh ravages of time and desert. So when Jynx peels off down the winding streets he follows right behind, wheels gripping the desert sand just as easily as they did so many years ago. He weaves through the spaces that the Thunderbird can't go, keeping pace with the Solar Exalts expertly. "I am the Black Steel Diamond."

Spending 5m of Peripheral Essence. Fully Totemic now.

[roll0]

Django
2015-10-10, 08:23 AM
A motorcycle is only as good as the hand that repairs it. And Lance's bike is as new as the day it rolled off the assembly line, untouched by the harsh ravages of time and desert. So when Jynx peels off down the winding streets he follows right behind, wheels gripping the desert sand just as easily as they did so many years ago. He weaves through the spaces that the Thunderbird can't go, keeping pace with the Solar Exalts expertly. "I am the Black Steel Diamond."

Spending 5m of Peripheral Essence. Fully Totemic now.

[roll0]

Stunt 2 for BSD

Django
2015-10-12, 08:56 PM
The convoy roars in pursuit, the mounted raiders splitting the air with savage war cries. The bikers lean on their throttles and pursue Jynx, taking a shortcut through an empty warehouse. They burst through the windows, showering glass on the dusty roads, grinning like lunatics. [Dangerous Maneuver]

The jeep bearing the convoy's leader barrels down the same road as Jynx, tottering slightly as it follows her perilous turns. The gunner on the back, wielding a mounted machine gun, takes aim and fires at the Thunderbird! [Attack]

The remaining jeeps follow suit, spraying a hail of bullets at Black Steel Diamond! [Attack]

The bikers achieved 5, 3, 2, and 1 Successes toward the cumulative difficulty. all have 2 Hazard.
The lead jeep achieves no successes, and gets 2 Hazard. His attack beats a Driving Dodge DV of 5, but deals no damage to Thunderbird.
The other jeeps achieve no and 3 successes, respectively, and 2 hazard. One misses, the other deals no damage.

Django
2015-10-14, 03:53 PM
in case this wasn't clear, it is once again time for the players to act. This leg is complete once the participants either acquire 15 successes or 10 hazard, at which point we either complete the race or proceed to the next leg.

Pertenetator
2015-10-14, 04:24 PM
Dust Devil laughs wholeheartedly as he sees the efforts of the bikers. He zigzagged in the ruins the ruins, breaking from a a window only to show up in a completely different position. It was almost impossible to track his movements through the shattered city of oasis , all that was seen was a sudden blur, followed by a trail of ashes and dust.

I had 9 threshold successes on last roll +2 from dangerous maneuver. This time i will try Weave (+1 Difficulty +1 Hazard). 1st Adorjan Excellency for 4m, channeling WP for 1 automatic success

[roll0] plus any stunts 4 or more threshold successes and this leg ends

Current Hazard at 3

Django
2015-10-14, 08:17 PM
Dust Devil laughs wholeheartedly as he sees the efforts of the bikers. He zigzagged in the ruins the ruins, breaking from a a window only to show up in a completely different position. It was almost impossible to track his movements through the shattered city of oasis , all that was seen was a sudden blur, followed by a trail of ashes and dust.

I had 9 threshold successes on last roll +2 from dangerous maneuver. This time i will try Weave (+1 Difficulty +1 Hazard). 1st Adorjan Excellency for 4m, channeling WP for 1 automatic success

[roll0] plus any stunts 4 or more threshold successes and this leg ends

Current Hazard at 3
stunt 2 for DD

Q'telun
2015-10-16, 05:38 PM
No. No. There! Lance swerves hard, heading straight for a ruined section of a building, opening the throttle all the way up. His front tire hits the stone and he goes straight up the curve and into the air, coming to a landing on the next roof over. Offering the raiders a one fingered salute he speeds off down a series of roofs before landing on a side street and heading for the west gate.

Dangerous Maneuver, and another five motes.

[roll0]

Django
2015-10-16, 08:34 PM
No. No. There! Lance swerves hard, heading straight for a ruined section of a building, opening the throttle all the way up. His front tire hits the stone and he goes straight up the curve and into the air, coming to a landing on the next roof over. Offering the raiders a one fingered salute he speeds off down a series of roofs before landing on a side street and heading for the west gate.

Dangerous Maneuver, and another five motes.

[roll0]

Stunt 1 for BSD

Novabomb
2015-10-17, 12:06 AM
I shall purge the land of your sin so hard that not even the spirits of your fleas shall linger here.

Hurrat is attempting to goad his enemies into shooting him.

Lord-Leafar
2015-10-17, 04:44 AM
Jynx almost winces as the bullets ricochet off Thunderbird's steel frame, leaving new marks added to an already scarred body, the signs of a veteran warrior of the road.
At Hurrat's taunt, she raises an eyebrow with surprise and a hint of disbelief, but keeps her attention and focus on the road, scanning her surroundings with incredible speed, Jynx traces a mental map of her location into the ruins, forming a new plan as she weaves through the debris of Oasis.
As she sets her course, Jynx begins channeling her essence into Thunderbird, the engine roars with greater strength at the familiar communion between magic and metal, and it's driver accelerates into a collapsed floor that is half covered by sand. With the right angle of inclination, the fallen building created an improvised ramp which Jynx intended to use to jump over the streets of Oasis, she knew very well however, that without the right speed and the right angle, she could miss the one building that provided a safe enough landing for the vehicle. "Hold tight buddy, we're going for a little jump!" With the warning given to Hurrat, Jynx pushes the pedal down once again with all her might, Thunderbird becoming a blur of steel as it soars through the air like the rising sun over the fallen city of Oasis.

Attempting a Dangerous maneuver, adding +2 Hazard for a total of 3, and activating First Drive Excellency for 5m and +5 extra dice for a total of 16 dice + any stunt/sux from DDT.
[roll0]

Django
2015-10-17, 12:54 PM
Jynx almost winces as the bullets ricochet off Thunderbird's steel frame, leaving new marks added to an already scarred body, the signs of a veteran warrior of the road.
At Hurrat's taunt, she raises an eyebrow with surprise and a hint of disbelief, but keeps her attention and focus on the road, scanning her surroundings with incredible speed, Jynx traces a mental map of her location into the ruins, forming a new plan as she weaves through the debris of Oasis.
As she sets her course, Jynx begins channeling her essence into Thunderbird, the engine roars with greater strength at the familiar communion between magic and metal, and it's driver accelerates into a collapsed floor that is half covered by sand. With the right angle of inclination, the fallen building created an improvised ramp which Jynx intended to use to jump over the streets of Oasis, she knew very well however, that without the right speed and the right angle, she could miss the one building that provided a safe enough landing for the vehicle. "Hold tight buddy, we're going for a little jump!" With the warning given to Hurrat, Jynx pushes the pedal down once again with all her might, Thunderbird becoming a blur of steel as it soars through the air like the rising sun over the fallen city of Oasis.

Attempting a Dangerous maneuver, adding +2 Hazard for a total of 3, and activating First Drive Excellency for 5m and +5 extra dice for a total of 16 dice + any stunt/sux from DDT.
[roll0]

Stunt 2 for Jynx

Django
2015-10-17, 01:59 PM
An ear-splitting whistle sounds out from the commanding jeep, and the bikers fall back from their aggressive pursuit. They form neatly into a cone formation, minimizing the air resistance for the jeeps, as the prepare for a more dedicated chase of their exalted quarry. [Cunning Maneuver]

Dust Devil and Lance have completed the leg, and may bank their hazard as they wish for however many more intervals this leg lasts. You can decide once we see how many intervals it takes, since you need three to convert hazard.

Lead Jeep is at 10 successes, 3 Hazard
Other Jeeps are at 6 Successes and 3 Hazard
the Bikes are at 11 Successes and 3 Hazard
(I decided to unify their positions and give them all the same roll, I don't know why I was doing it the hard way)

Lord-Leafar
2015-10-21, 09:08 AM
The Thunderbird landed furiously after it's leap, the tires screeching as it composed itself and resumed it's escape. Glancing once again at the side mirror, Jynx allows herself a sliver of relief as she sees her pursuers falling behind. It was time to lose them for good, making a sharp turn in between the many debris lying around Oasis, Jynx uses the ruins labyrinth-like maze to her advantage, weaving at a high speed with grace and calculated timing, hiding herself from sight as she speeds away.

Weave action, total Diff 3, +1 Hazard for a total of Hazard 4, activating 2nd Drive excellency for 4m and +4 dice on my roll.
[roll0]

Django
2015-10-21, 10:51 AM
The Exalted skillfully naviagate Oasis, departing the city via the North-East gate. The gate, a partially-intact wall of toll booths, leads to a wide bridge which once guided visiters over a deep, dry davine.

The raiders, caught up in their battle-fury, are stymied by the combination of the toll-wall and the bottleneck of the bridge, and the convoy slams into itself in a clamor of steel and smoke. They scream their frustration, but the Chase, for now, is over.

Dramatic timing is over, so now would be the perfect time for some getting-acquainted! Just a suggestion.

Novabomb
2015-10-21, 12:28 PM
As the thunderbird clears the bridge, Hurrat knows confort. No innocents shall become involved, and the bridge narrows the gang's tactical options.

To Jynx: Your navigation and choice of destination are magnicent. I thank you for your aid. I will take it from here.
And with that Hurrat hops out of the trunk, and slowly draws his blade.

To DD (Hurrat does not know his name yet):
Speedy one, if you wish to give these villians the justice that they deserve, this is the proper battlefield.

To BSD:

Black Steel Diamond, the battle that comes is not yours. If you desire to personally avenge yourself I welcome your aid, else I wish you well in your travels.

Q'telun
2015-10-24, 01:43 PM
"Lawbringer, what the hell are you going to do against an entire pack of raiders with a sword? Challenge em to a duel?"

Novabomb
2015-10-24, 02:47 PM
Duel? They have forfeited that option.
I shall cut them down of course.
There are less than 25 of them, and I see no supersoldiers among their ranks.

When the raiders begin advancing, Hurrat shall charge toward them, using the civilian walkway as cover.

Django
2015-10-25, 08:19 PM
Duel? They have forfeited that option.
I shall cut them down of course.
There are less than 25 of them, and I see no supersoldiers among their ranks.

When the raiders begin advancing, Hurrat shall charge toward them, using the civilian walkway as cover.

The Raider party, as a whole, has stopped at the two barriers. The Exalted, if they wish, can put a great deal of distance between them and the raiding party. Unless they stop, for some unthinkable reason...

Q'telun
2015-10-25, 09:16 PM
Lance looks at the jeeps, specifically at the tires charged with essence. "I'm gonna disagree with you there, Lawbringer. C'mon, lets lead em on a merry chase, then hit em in the back when they're least expecting it."

Lord-Leafar
2015-10-26, 12:14 AM
Jynx notices Hurrat hopping down Thunderbird, then she gives the other two a curious look. "You're more than welcome to stay behind and fight these bozos, but like cockroaches, more will come no matter how many you kill, and I would rather not waste fuel on cat-and-mouse games"

Pertenetator
2015-11-01, 08:05 PM
Dust Devil momentarily comes to a stop and he sees his new group in division. He Dashes towards Hurrat, circling around him as to now slow down his momentum. "Fight them ? Yes yes i quite agree. Look at those buggies! Completely asymmetrical, like patchwork, and their riders are not that better. They are ugly , truly horrendous. I have swore to stand for Beauty against ugliness whenever it is found. A showdown at the bridge! How romantic"

Novabomb
2015-11-01, 09:03 PM
To BSD:

If we leave now, they are likely to go back to terrorizing the city, this is where the threat shall be ended.

To:Jynx

Fair enough kind traveler, we will try to avoid letting any past so that you need not expend extra fuel.

To: DD

Would you like the left or the right?

Pertenetator
2015-11-02, 03:05 AM
'I wouldtake the left, i suppose. I am right handed myself so it would suitme. But whaever you wish,kind sir. Dust Devil has no real preference in the matter.

Django
2015-11-02, 09:33 AM
so, a schism appears. Will Lance and Jynx continue to leave, or go back and finish off the survivors?

As a side note, the natives of Oasis were doing pretty well on their own. If anything, the Raiders will prey on travelers to Oasis, before realizing that the city is mostly not worth the effort. There are definitely more lucrative places to victimize in the Wastes.

Novabomb
2015-11-02, 11:46 AM
The right is fine by me.

Hurrat walks 2 yards onto the bridge, and prepares to charge them when the enemy gets to the edge of the bridge.

Q'telun
2015-11-02, 01:41 PM
"Don't exactly see how thats my problem. I'll see you later, Lawbringer. Unless you die. Then I'll just be seeing your body." Lance guns his bike and speeds off through the wasteland.

Novabomb
2015-11-02, 03:54 PM
To BSD

Till next time we meet.

(Gives BSD a salute with his sword)