PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Harbinger: Stat and Build Advice

Captain Morgan
2015-09-28, 09:55 PM
Hey all,

I'm working on a Harbinger build to introduce, probably somewhere between levels 6-8. For thematic purposes, I'd like to focus on the Shattered Mirror. I'm currently picking through the book to study the feats and maneuvers, so guidance there would be helpful but not mandatory. I'd like to maintain some solid out of combat utility. Campaign utilizes the Unchained Automatic Bonus Progression, so probably not a lot of magic mart access. 20 point buy.

One particular thing I'm torn on is whether to go STR or DEX based, since they nerfed Accursed Will. It seems like Dex to damage might be worth a couple feats, but I could also sink a feat into armor proficiency-- seems like the movement boons offset a lot of the penalties. (By my reading, all the Grim News except for Omen Walk allow you to move at your base speed. Does this mean they ignore movement penalties from armor?)

Actually, I'm struggling a little bit to figure out how to balance stats all around. Not sure how to prioritize INT in relation to a hitting stat. Also not sure if the standard Two Handed Weapon, Power Attack bit is worth it given the damage and effects I can do with maneuvers. Seems accuracy is pretty key, so perhaps a Sword and Board would be better? Or would an Inspired Blade dip be worth it, for free weapon finesse, weapon focus, and parrying?

Thanks folks!

Captain Morgan
2015-09-29, 03:05 PM
Feeling pretty torn on making Cursed Razor or Shattered Mirror my Dark Focus. Shattered Mirror fits my theme better, but cursed razor has some pretty gonzo stuff.

Question: what sort of stuff can you pile onto claims and curses for crowd control? Right now I'm just seeing upping single target strikes being more potent, but it seems like there are a lot of mechanics for handing curses out like candy.