PDA

View Full Version : Prince Abooboo (Wander Inn Mission)

Nettlekid
2015-09-28, 10:00 PM
It's been a two-day carriage ride into the western lands, with equal amounts of anticipation and anxiety on the part of the guests. The boundary into Ababua is marked by the decline of natural vegetation and the rise of dunes of sand, and the Wanderers are forced to part ways with the carriage and instead board a sand sled pulled by magebred jackals across the dry ocean. You travel mostly by dawn and dusk, sleeping out the heat of midday and the chill of the night. It's another two days before the sand becomes smoother, and trees appear on the horizon. This is your destination, the oasis paradise of Ababua, made wealthy by...well, who knows what, really, it's in the middle of the desert. But whatever makes it worth the scratch, it's got plenty of it. Deep subterranean rivers bubble up over sands, making the paths between building constructed atop sandstone more akin to Venetian waterways than anything. While there are all kinds of stalls selling curios, the main draw is clearly the enormous stone palace situated in the center of this liquid labyrinth. You see yours is not the first jackal-sled to show up, nor will it be the last. Gondolas ferry all manner of nobles clearly here for the festivities toward the castle, and there is one waiting for your party as you arrive.

You join the procession of gondolas and reach the entryway to the impossibly large castle rising out from the water. You step off onto the floating wooden dock, and progress to the entryway where a strikingly handsome man with rust-red skin is shaking hands with the guests who arrived just ahead. He's dressed in pristine white cloth, loosely wrapped around himself, and in the light it shines with gold thread woven in. He flashes you a pearly smile, and his skin is literally glowing - he's an Asherati!
"And who do we have here? I wish I knew every face that was coming-oh, but of course, I do! Why dust the sand from my eyes, you're the mages of Wander Inn, are you not? No, you must be! What a privilege to meet you, I'd been wishing to make your acquaintance, I've been such a fan for such a long time. I am Prince Ali, your generous, charming, witty, hilarious, devilishly handsome and dare I even say humbly modest host for these festivities, Hahahaha! You honor me with your presence, Wanderers, and I do intend to honor you with mine! Ehehehehe! Oh no, wait, perhaps...Your presence is a gift that not even my presents can compare to? Laaahahaha, yes, yes, that one's even funnier! Imagine that I said that instead! Pahahaha!"
Prince Ali clasps each of your hands one by one and shakes it firmly.
"Please, please, make yourselves comfortable and at home. To tide yourself over from your journey you may feel free to partake of the fruits, meats, and sweets, whatever you wish. Look over there! Marzipan boy! Marzipan boy!"
A young Halfling in a tuxedo dashes over carrying a silver tray of brightly colored soft candies, a few of which Prince Ali snaps up.
"Delightful! Mmf, aobshelutely delishush. Do avail yourself of the spiced kebab meat, dear sir. And perhaps the lady would care for a few figs. Or perhaps she would like to share a date with me? Ahahahaha, do you think it's possible to be too charming? Because you know, I think I may well be! Ahahaha!"
He pauses to eat another blob of marzipan.
"If you'd care to refresh yourselves there are innumerable baths filled with fresh springwater drawn from the earth. Yes, yes, spring water, even though it is autumn. How absurd, is it not? Ahahahaha! And every guest is provided with their own room, of course, we have halls within halls just for that purpose. You'll find every luxury you could ever wish for in every room. So yes, please, come in, mingle, relax. And do let the staff know what your Monstrous Masque of choice is. The festivities that we're...greatly excited about, really, entirely happy and voluntary, will begin properly as the sun sets, but there's no reason to restrain yourself from the fffffffun! I promise you, I want to be doing this."
He gives you a smile, a nod, and a deep bow, before turning away and giving a very similar speech to the next guests who arrive. You doubt you could pry him away if you wished to.

Capt. Infinity
2015-09-29, 08:05 PM
Darwin bows cordially to the golden-skinned Prince. Seeing absoletely nothing wrong with anything in the entirety of his speech. "Ffank hoo, yurr graiftfh." The young Elf mumbles through mouthfuls of marzipan. He actually takes the time to follow the marzipan boy a little ways off in search of yet more confectionary. He speaks freely to the Halfling. "Mmmmmm! This stuff is amazing! How does the prince afford all this cool stuff? He's absolutely swimming in gold!" The Cleric asks, casually.

Diplomacy roll for the Marzipan boy: [roll0]

I can also roll one for Ali, if you'd like.

Rizban
2015-09-29, 08:55 PM
Tsuki had approached the castle warily, dragged forward by Eiko and Darwin's enthusiasm and a sense of duty. She bowed politely to the prince as he spoke but remained quiet throughout. She forced smiles when he laughed, as if sharing in his jokes, and nodded agreeably, doing her best to keep the boisterous prince amused without actually having to say anything.

nolongerchaos
2015-09-29, 09:15 PM
Slightly alarmed by the Prince's, umm humor?, Þ nonetheless manages to keep his face impassive as he nods courteously at what seems to be the appropriate times, though he thinks he may have slipped once, what that with their host's bizarre "sense of humor" and all. Not that the Prince seems to have noticed, judging by the way he quickly bustled off to the next group.

Seeing Darwin stalking off after the halfling with the food tray, Þ decides to mosey on after him, taking in the sights as he follows the peculiar elf.

For this adventure, has decided to be a shade less conspicuous and is currently 6'1" and lean, as opposed to his usual large, muscular build. Also, his sheet for this adventure can be found here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=575274).
Also, so I know, having not read Maid, does Eiko just flat out speak common, or is she only understood by Tsuki?
Also also, [roll0], how unnatural is this place in the middle of a desert?

Rizban
2015-09-29, 09:18 PM
Also, so I know, having not read Maid, does Eiko just flat out speak common, or is she only understood by Tsuki?Unfortunately, being a familiar, only Tsuki can understand Eiko, hence all the whispering when people are around...

Nettlekid
2015-09-29, 10:31 PM
"I mean, a prince is a prince, inn'he? Sir," the young Halfling waif answers Darwin, looking him square in the knee. "'Course I'm not one knows about polly-ticks, but 'e's been loaded wiff the ol' bread and honey ever since I knowed 'im, and that was as long as I can remember, Sir. There's always all sorts goin' on 'round 'ere. Why, just for this do here, he got seventy five golden camels, fifty three purple peacocks, ninety five white monkeys, and I fink the last of the sixty elephants just got in. Cor, there's one now!" He points with one hand (carefully holding the marzipan tray above his head) at what is indeed an elephant stomping down the hall. How'd they get it in? And where are the other fifty nine?
"Prince Ali's a good sort, though. Very generous. I'm making a platinum piece every hour I'm here, and I have no idea what this stuff is what I'm givin' people! Talkin' of, 'av sommore if you want it."

With your glorious roll of 1 and the check of 8, you know that it's unusual to find water in a desert, and it's surprising he's being so free with it. Maybe he has about fifty Decanters buried under the place.

By the way, this is a problem I have IRL too. My idea of "personality" is making the accents more and more strained.

Rizban
2015-09-29, 10:52 PM
Tsuki pats the halfling boy on the head and shoos him away.

"We've had enough for now, thank you. Run along and serve the other guests."

Once he leaves, Tsuki turns to the others and whispers urgently.

"There's definitely something wrong here. Darwin, just hang around and play nice for a bit. Enjoy the food and make a good showing.
Þ, I don't know your skills very well. How are you at reconnaissance?"

nolongerchaos
2015-09-29, 11:07 PM
Rather in awe of the obvious opulence of the castle, Þ takes a moment to take in Tsuki's words.
"Reconnaissance? Almost certainly not as good as you'd hope, but I might be able to manage something. What did you have in mind?"

Capt. Infinity
2015-09-29, 11:14 PM
"Eat food and have fun? I think I can do that. What's your plan anyways? I mean, what's there to worry about? Everything is so nice!" Darwin states, scarfing down the last marzipan.

Nettlekid
2015-09-29, 11:53 PM
The Halfling scarpers, and the group is left to take in the ambiance of the hall with the various partygoers introducing themselves to each other and partaking of canapes. This room is clearly extradimensional, because it's like an auditorium in size, with branching doors heading toward stairwells or kitchens. A few people in bathrobes seem to have taken Ali's advise very much to heart. Perhaps the most notable thing though is an Ettercap happily nibbling on sausages from a tray.

A sandy-skinned tall Goblin with bulging eyes and pointed ears comes up to Darwin, wearing a similar black outfit as the Halfling boy, coughing into his hand as he stares you in the face.
"Hello, sir. I hope you, *cough cough*, help yourself to the refreshments. *cough cough*, we are pleased to meet you. You, *cough cough*, are mages of the Wander Inn, yes? Vanquisher of crime and punisher of, *cough cough*, prisoners. I would have to ask that, *cough cough*, you change into your costumes at your soonest convenience. Even for warriors, armor and weapons, *cough cough*, are not standard party fare. If your are ready, *cough cough*, our staff can take your request for your Monstrous Masque, but, *cough cough*, only when you are ready. I, *cough cough*, hope you choose something bound to stand out in a crowd."

nolongerchaos
2015-09-30, 04:30 AM
Distracted momentarily by the arrival of the goblin, Þ partially turn towards the new arrival.
"Apologies, a moment, Tsuki. I ask your pardon master goblin, but what pray tell is this Monster Masque, and it's associated festivities? The invitation we received was rather vauge on the topic and I am not familair with the custom. And why exactly would we want to stand out in it?

[roll0] for the goblin's response.

Nettlekid
2015-09-30, 11:28 AM
The Bhuka sighs.
"So you didn't receive the, ehrm, supplementary memo. Apologies, the organizer is capricious. This is a masquerade, and to augment the fancy dress, you've been requested to take on a monstrous visage. Any creature usually horrific and terrifying, toeing the line of grotesque and sublime, for one night is the center stage. We have requests for Beholderkin and Illithids, Yuan-ti and Umber Hulks, Babau and Osyluths. The Prince is capable of fearsome magic which can change your form for the duration of the festivities, adding the element of intrigue. As for standing out...typically people like to. But it is all to your option, of course."

To your ear, it sounds like the Bhuka is being truthful and plain.

Capt. Infinity
2015-09-30, 07:35 PM
Darwin gives pause. "I am... Strangely prepared for this. How does the king feel about figurative monsters? Like, say, someone who deals death? I could come in as a mean assassin, and I like to think assassins are pretty darn scary!" Darwin intones, taking note of the location of the Mask of Lies in his pack. Whilst he could use the mask to set up any costume, he feels that the standard form of the mask in and of itself is fairly monstrous as-is (plus, it opens up the opportunity to switch to something more interesting later in the night!).

Nettlekid
2015-09-30, 07:55 PM
The Bhuka's eyes dilate slightly.
"Sir, there is no king, sir. There is none higher than Prince Ali. Please keep this in mind. Please do not suggest otherwise."
He breathes out, and coughs in the dry air.
"Aside from that, sir, you are free to make your own decisions. If you wish to don the guise of an assassin you have that freedom. I don't know that other guests will be fantastically astounded with the decision, but you'll hear no objections from Prince Ali."

Capt. Infinity
2015-09-30, 08:23 PM
"....Ooooookaaaaay. Good to know! And don't worry, I plan do all the talking at the gala personally, rather than let my costume do it for me." Darwin explains, vaguely unnerved.

nolongerchaos
2015-09-30, 11:15 PM
Þ's brow furrows slightly at the goblinoid's odd reaction to Darwin's comment about a king, but does not wish to draw attention to it.
"I'm curious about these masks. You said there are requests, how do they work? What exactly is it that they do?
And by any chance do you happen to have or can you obtain for us a copy of this supplementary memo?"

[roll0] in regards to the goblinoids' odd behavior at the mention of a king, and [roll1] to see if he or anyone else in the general vicinity did anything else odd at Darwin's comment.

Nettlekid
2015-10-01, 05:48 AM
The Bhuka nods.
"It would be sufficient to flag down myself or one of the staff and simply give them the name of the creature whose visage you wish to assume, either in speech or writing. We have paper masks ready to hold the enchantment that would be provided to you at that time, which you may put on when the festivities start properly. Of course, some want an early start to get used to their new body," he remarks, gesturing to the Ettercap. He also withdraws from his pocket a few flimsy paper masks that look like nothing special at all, to show them to you.

"I'll see about acquiring a copy of the supplement, though it holds less information than I just provided to you. Is that all, sirs?"

The only other people around you are a few high-strung nobles who weren't paying attention to the Bhuka, and didn't react. As for Sense Motive, clearly he had a point he wanted to hammer home, but the reason for that is unknown to you.

Rizban
2015-10-01, 01:44 PM
"That's fascinating... Can you tell us how the magic works? And how hard is it to return to our original shape?"

Nettlekid
2015-10-01, 02:05 PM
"That's fascinating... Can you tell us how the magic works? And how hard is it to return to our original shape?"

"I am naught but a humble servant, Ma'am. Such matters of magic are beyond my understanding. That which the Prince wishes to form, merely does. Such is the extent of his grand power. The magic will persist indefinitely, Ma'am, changeable by none save for the will of the Prince. He intends it to last only for this weekend, of course, at which time all will be on their way as they are meant to be."

Rizban
2015-10-01, 02:57 PM
Tsuki nods while contemplating something.

"Hmm... Well, I've got an idea for what to be. Þ, perhaps you'd be willing to go along with it? You see..."

Tsuki leans in to whisper to Þ and Darwin explaining that having only the prince able to undo the transformation makes her nervous. They should pick things they wouldn't mind being for a long, long time if it comes down to it. However, since the prince wants things to be "interesting", Tsuki suggests that Þ should request taking the form of the prince...

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-01, 05:08 PM
Darwin was already set on his costume. After all, it would be a shame to waste the generous gifts of his noble friends. But, suddenly, a smile rushes across the young Elf's face as an idea dawns on him. He whispers to his companions. "Tsuki! You should let Eiko wear a mask! She can turn into a real girl for the party! Heck, she can even wear my vestments, since the mask can fake clothes just as well!" He explains, ecstatic.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-01, 07:25 PM
Þ looks at Tsuki, an expression of sorrow and apology on his face.
"I'm sorry Tsuki. This is already much more than I had signed up for." Þ says in a small voice, a hint of shame crossing his face. "Your plan is brilliant, but I can't. I can't take the form of the prince. I won't." Þ glances briefly at the Ettercap. "It's going to be bad enough having to take the form of a monster for this stupid party... I thought this ball was going to be fun... I'm so sorry, Tsuki, but I won't."

Rizban
2015-10-01, 08:08 PM
Eiko looks at Darwin like he's lost his mind. After all, what could possibly be better than being a cat? When you're already at the top, there's nowhere else to go.

"I don't think she'd much enjoy being an elf girl..."

When Þ responds to Tsuki's idea, she seems confused, nervous, and starts to withdraw back into herself. Her momentary confidence waning quickly.
"I-I d..d.don't und-derstand..."

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-01, 08:39 PM
Darwin quickly starts backtracking. "Nonono, Tsuki, your ideas were great! I think Þ just has a thing against changing his form. An odd quirk, yes, but I'm not going to judge. Don't forget, Tsuki, you're Team Leader. And, honestly? You deserve that title, 100%. Just tell me what to do, and I'll do it." The Elf states, attempting to prop up his friend's confidence a bit.

Rizban
2015-10-01, 08:55 PM
Tsuki shakes her head 'no' a little too quickly and bites her lower lip to keep it from quivering.

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-01, 09:01 PM
Darwin simply smiles a Tsuki. Normally, he would place a hand on her shoulder or something, but the young Elf could at the very least interpolate THAT to be a bad idea.

"Trust me Deba. You've got this."

Rizban
2015-10-01, 09:07 PM
Tsuki looks up at Darwin without actually raising her head.

"If they'll allow it... would you be willing to be the prince, Darwin? I c-can't... I-I mean... I'm a lady!"

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-01, 09:13 PM
Darwin slowly brings out the Mask of Lies from his pack, and shows it to Tsuki. "Of COURSE I can! I'm such a great disguiser, I even convince myself! Ohohohoho!" He states, in a scarily convincing rendition of the Prince.

Rizban
2015-10-01, 09:22 PM
Tsuki stares at Sylali's mask a moment, surprised that Darwin has it. She takes a moment to steady her nerves and manages to fake confidence long enough that she starts to actually feel it... at least a little.

"Okay. With that and the transformation, you should be good as Prince Ali. I still don't know if they'll allow it or if it will give us any advantage, but I'd like to have at least some kind of safety line."

Eiko pulls on her skirt and points down the hallway. Tsuki smiles and relaxes before squatting down to hug Eiko, who pulls away slightly out of reflex.

"That's not a bad idea, Eiko. Try to snoop around a little, see if there's anything odd happening. I doubt there is, but..."

Eiko growls something at Tsuki.

"Yes, yes, I know I'm paranoid. That's why you're going to help out. Right?"

Eiko nods once and turns to dart away through the crowd, heading for where the servants are working. It's as good a place to start as any.

[roll0]
[roll1]

nolongerchaos
2015-10-01, 09:37 PM
Preoccupied with his thoughts, Þ suddenly remembers what's going on, looking from the mask to Darwin.
"I think I'm missing something... what is that mask, Tsuki? So what's going on? Did I miss a plan? Please tell me there's plan... "

Nettlekid
2015-10-01, 09:38 PM
No one takes notice of a cat walking around, at least beyond a noble or two trying to pick Eiko up with a pleased "Kitty kitty koo!" and outstretched arms.

When it comes to finding where the servants are working...well, that's a bit of a puzzle. There doesn't seem to be a servant's quarters, or even a kitchen. If a servant's tray runs empty, they tend to just mill around doing nothing. If Eiko diverts her attention from then, then she loses track when she looks back, and they're gone. Later they'll be in the middle of the crowds, a new tray of hors d'oeuvres in hand.

Rizban
2015-10-02, 12:49 PM
Preoccupied with his thoughts, Þ suddenly remembers what's going on, looking from the mask to Darwin.
"I think I'm missing something... what is that mask, Tsuki? So what's going on? Did I miss a plan? Please tell me there's plan... "

"The mask is something our last employer used to pull a prank. I don't know much about it beyond it disguising you better somehow. The plan is basically... wing it. I don't know the threat or if there even is a threat. Until we know more, we just have to stay vigilant."

nolongerchaos
2015-10-02, 01:22 PM
"Hm. Okay I suppose we can just be vigilant.... Actually, athought just occurred to me, I need to find something out about these Masques. I'll be back."
Þ turns towards the nearest attendant and approaches them (presumably the gobliniod, but not realy important).
"Pardon me, but I had a question about these Masques. If I were to request say, a Mummy, only to decide upon donning the Masque that I am unsatisfied and would rather have the guise of a Flesh Golem, would I be permitted to change Masques before the festivities begin?"

Nettlekid
2015-10-02, 01:40 PM
The Bhuka shrugs.
"I expect so, Sir. Prince Ali only wants his guests to enjoy themselves freely. It is within his power to accommodate even the capricious. Do you have a request for a creature?"

nolongerchaos
2015-10-02, 01:59 PM
"At present I am considering Illithid, but I must consult with my companions again first, I think they might wish to have themed costumes."
Þ leaves the Bhuka and returns to Tsuki and Darwin.
"If we don't have anything else to go on right now, I think I will just take the guise of an Illithid, with luck they should be fairly common in a crowd of monstrosities. I'd actually rather not stand out too much here. Unless you have other ideas...?"

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-02, 05:53 PM
Darwin's eyes light up at yet another epiphany. He whispers with barely held back excitement. "Ideaaaaaa. I can go and ask to be changed into a Doppelganger! That way, assuming this enchantment really IS as real as it seems, I can not only play the part of the monster, but I can also, at any time, pretend to be anyone I so choose, including and especially the prince!"

nolongerchaos
2015-10-02, 07:58 PM
A look of shock crosses Þ's face at Darwin's words."You believe these Masques will impart to us the abilities of our selected monsters? If that is indeed the case, then given your plan I cannot fault you for chosing a being able to take the form of another... That said, if you are correct, then this is going to be a very, very dangerous party. Tsuki, do you think you could ask the servant if the Masques bestow abilities? I asked him something earlier and don't want to arouse suspicions by asking too many questions, and Darwin, well... Darwin might let something slip in his excitement."

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-02, 08:00 PM
"I do not deny this allegation." Darwin freely admits.

Rizban
2015-10-03, 11:10 AM
Tsuki seeks out the nearest servant and asks if the masks only grant appearances or also grant the creature's abilities.

Nettlekid
2015-10-03, 11:14 AM
The Bhuka, still standing nearby, fields your question.
"It is not the mask, Ma'am, but the Prince's power over heavens and earth which grants our guests their enjoyment this evening. His power is untold and unbridled, and for the sake of thoroughly immersing our guests in their experience they will truly feel to the core of their being like the form they choose to take. You will still have your minds, of course, but from head to toe you will breathe as that which you wish for just this night to be."

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-03, 11:52 AM
Darwin, overhearing this, looks at Þ with a look of excitement, and whispers excitedly. "A most dangerous party indeed." He then walks over to the Bhuka and Tsuki with confidence. "Thank you ever so much for your explanation! I believe now we know enough to make some proper choices for our costumes! I actually have mine all set up already! I have decided that I wish to be a Greater Doppelganger, if you would be so kind." Darwin politely asked of the Bhuka servant.

Nettlekid
2015-10-03, 12:23 PM
The Bhuka stares at you blankly.
"You...wish to have your form changed...to that which can change forms? Well, I suppose if that's what you wish, I am instructed to see to every one of our guests' requests."
The Bhuka withdraws one of the flimsy paper masks from his pocket, and an ink pot and quill from his sleeve. He walks to the wall and holds the mask onto it so he can write, and scribbles "graTeR DoppLegagger" on it. He hands it back to you.
"Very good sir. Don it whenever you please."

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-03, 01:19 PM
"Uhh... Thanks." Darwin acquiesces, eyeing the... Curious writing style with caution. "Oh! And one more thing." The Cleric states, leaning in to whisper in the Bhurka's strangely shaped ear.

"My friend's Familiar is, as of yet, incapable of speech. Would you be so kind as to write up a "Talking Cat" mask?"

Nettlekid
2015-10-03, 05:03 PM
"As you wish, Sir. Were it my place, I would venture that any entity with a vocal apparatus might suffice. But that's not my place to say."
The Bhuka returns to the wall, and then hands you a paper mask with "tAWkINg kaT" scrawled on it.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-03, 06:45 PM
The moment of decisiveness upon him, Þ approaches the Bhuka somberly. Þ speaks slowly, gravely, determined and with purpose, as though reciting the answer to a riddle. "If we are to take the form of monsters, then I will take the form of no other, but instead shall take my own form, made monstrous. Lich."

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-03, 06:58 PM
Darwin smiles gleefully before walking over to Tsuki and handing her the "Talking Cat" mask. "If she wants to stay a cat, so be it. But at the VERY least, monopolize on the opportunity to gain something cool out of this. I'm sure Eiko will appreciate it." He states, hopeful.

Rizban
2015-10-03, 07:02 PM
After accepting the mask as graciously as she can, Tsuki excuses herself for a moment to go find Eiko.

"Well, why don't the two of you find the rooms you've been assigned and get ready. I'm going to get Eiko and find ours. We'll pick up our own masks shortly."

Assuming Darwin and Þ are amenable to that, Tsuki goes off on her own for a moment into the crowd, looking for Prince Ali.

[roll0] If needed.

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-03, 07:24 PM
Darwin nods to Tsuki as she leaves. "Thanks for the help, guy-who's-name-was-never-given. See you at the party, Þ!" The young Elf states, before wandering off, half looking for his room, half just exploring the palace as a whole.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-03, 08:41 PM
Surprised somewhat by his companions' abrupt departures, Þ again turns to address the Bhuka.
"Again, I beg your pardon. Where might I find the private quarters assigned to me? I feel I should get myself prepared for the evening in store."

Nettlekid
2015-10-03, 09:21 PM
The Bhuka sighs at Darwin's granted epithet.
"That's me alright," he mutters, passing lITcH to Þ.
"You'll find your room wherever you look. If you want to find it, you will."

Tsuki manages to find first Eiko and then Prince Ali fairly easily, since he's still literally glowing. He's still generally greeting guests, but there's a lull in arrivals and he's mingling among those who have already entered. He's laughing loudly and twiddling the end of a large feather atop a fat Orcish woman's hat and makes an effete hand gesture to a thin and stuffy-looking Gnome with a big mustache. Marzipan Boy, now Mini-Quiche Boy, orbits like a satellite.
"Oh do try some of the quiche, it's absolutely to die for! Lord Coppernail, have you yet decided your costume? Oh, I do hope you dress to impress! I can't wait until you see what I have ready, you'll just lose your heads, you really will! Oh, I do say! Now this is someone you must meet, one of the esteemed Wanderers from the Wander Inn, come all the way out here. Little dear! Little dear, do come feel this feather. Real Celestial Roc, imported from the Beastlands you know."

Darwin's exploration is fruitful, literally, and he leaves the main hall with a bunch of grapes in one hand and three bananas in the other. Choosing random rooms Darwin is treated first to a communal marble bathroom in use by a grooming Lupine, though the bath basin is a slide which brings him to a sauna where a Nixie girl waves at him, dropping her towel as she does so. Exiting the sauna takes Darwin across the hall to a games room where a Dwarf and Gnome are playing pool. There's a brass spiral staircase which leads up to an observatory occupied by a Spellscale and someone "dressed" as a Forman. The sky is dark in this room alone. Outside returns Darwin to a hall of doors, and he notices that one says "Darwin" carved on the front. Opening it, he finds a lovely room with a puffy bed and soothing incense.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-03, 09:47 PM
Þ looks quizically at the Bhuka. "I... I see. In that case, thank you for your continual assistance."
And with that, Þ makes a small nod to the Bhuka and walks off in search of his room.
What have I gotten myself into? Darwin, impersonating our host... even if this was going to somehow turn out to be a completely innocent party, I'm certain that now this will not turn out well for us... Þ looks down at his mask, a look akin to disgust crossing his face. Well, time to become a monster... but at least it's going to be a monster of my own making...

Now where's this damned room?

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-04, 01:05 PM
Darwin smiles at the amenities. Throwing his pack down at the foot of the bed, he jumps on to the covers and take sin the fresh incense permeating the air. *Sniiiiiiif* "Ahhhhh..." Yep. Definitely magic. The young Elf thinks to himself. There is no way that "Mom's Freshly-brewed Homemade Herbal Tea" is some kind of preexisting incense. He determines, temporarily bathing himself in the nostalgic aroma. "In fact..." The young Elf rises and steps over to the bedside table, opening its topmost drawer. Sure enough, there in the centre of the drawer, in a neat, leatherbound cover was a pristine copy of How to Talk to People For The Societally Alien (A book originally written for tactless Outsiders, but Darwin found it just as helpful). "Oh come on! It even has a bookmark on the last page I was on!" Setting the book back down, Darwin decides now was as good a time as any to test out the Masks.

After fiddling with his pack, Darwin had both produced and put on his Vestment of Many Styles, and had chosen to wear the form of a Deep Violet dress suit, complimenting his eyes and matching his cloak. Then, standing in front of a body-length mirror which was just sort of there when he needed it to be, Darwin slowly put on the mask with the bastardized wording of "Greater Doppelganger", anxious to see how it turned out.

Nettlekid
2015-10-04, 01:49 PM
Þ is able to find his room quite easily, since he's not looking for anything else. It happens to be right next to Darwin's, and is furnished similarly.

Darwin places the paper mask to his face and ties the tassels. A marvelous light shines from the letters on the paper, and the light first envelops Darwin's body and then passes painlessly into his skin. He shudders and a ripple runs over his body, and in the wake of that ripple Darwin's skin starts becoming a blue-gray and cold to the touch. His head becomes slightly bulbous and his field of vision changes as his pupils disappear and he stares out from blank eyes. He can feel moving air against the moist mucus his skin produces. His body becomes thin and toned, though his muscles don't sit still in his arms. He finds his mental acuity improving, both in terms of strict calculating capability and clarity of thought. Darwin feels quite different, not totally unlike himself but not entirely like himself either. After that marzipan he also has a bit of an appetite for something similarly soft, but perhaps more savory than the marzipan.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-04, 05:22 PM
Stepping into his room, Þ takes a brief assessment of his room. He almost doesn't notice the obvious oppulence and luxury, so consumed is his attention by a single furnishing. The mirror. Floor length and ornate, framed in what appears to be mithril, even this is not worthy of Þ's attention at the moment. He has eyes only for his own. Gods, I look terrible. I hope my own disgust isn't so obvious to everyone else here... Running his hands across his face, Þ seems to simply wipe his cares away, and his gaze slides to the masque in his hands. I don't know if I'll be able to shift if I'm wearing this... Odd, after all this time, how discomforting that thought is.

Well, if I'm going to be stuck as a monstrous version of myself, possibly unable to shift... I suppose I might as well...
With a moment's concentration, Þ shrinks a few inches and his body changes shape. Then, taking a deep breath as though steeling himself, he places the masque on his face.

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-04, 06:51 PM
Darwin pauses, observing his new, decidedly alien form in the mirror for a few moments in total wonder. He then chuckles to himself in amusement, though, given his new form, the "chuckle" is more akin to a wet, cackling noise. "Oh wow! This feels so cool! I feel AMAZING right now! Everything's so clear in my head; I can think so quickly. By the gods... Am I really that silly?" The was-an-Elf wonders, now that he has been blessed with an enhanced sense of wisdom. He glances down at his suit, noting how ill-fitting it is now that his limbs have grown so thin. "Hmm... Interesting. Welp, no better excuse is needed to test this thing out. Moment of truth!" With one slick grey hand raised, Darwin Freeborn snaps his new fingers in one swift flick of the wrist, attempting to shift his shape to the most readily memorable form, that of his original Elven physique. What better test run, right?

Just to be clear here, Darwin is trying to change shape back into his initial form.

Rizban
2015-10-04, 10:36 PM
Tsuki manages to find first Eiko and then Prince Ali fairly easily, since he's still literally glowing. He's still generally greeting guests, but there's a lull in arrivals and he's mingling among those who have already entered. He's laughing loudly and twiddling the end of a large feather atop a fat Orcish woman's hat and makes an effete hand gesture to a thin and stuffy-looking Gnome with a big mustache. Marzipan Boy, now Mini-Quiche Boy, orbits like a satellite.
"Oh do try some of the quiche, it's absolutely to die for! Lord Coppernail, have you yet decided your costume? Oh, I do hope you dress to impress! I can't wait until you see what I have ready, you'll just lose your heads, you really will! Oh, I do say! Now this is someone you must meet, one of the esteemed Wanderers from the Wander Inn, come all the way out here. Little dear! Little dear, do come feel this feather. Real Celestial Roc, imported from the Beastlands you know."Tsuki steps over as Prince Ali calls to her, nervously fidgeting after she arrives.

"Y-Yes, of course. It's very nice..." replies Tsuki jsut above a whisper as she feels the feather and blushes at being so forward.

"I-I didn't-t mean to intrude. I was just looking around... I should really go get ready for the masquerade..."

Nettlekid
2015-10-05, 07:41 AM
Immediately, Þ feels a wrenching sensation in his chest, and a hollowness of something now lost. His heart no longer beats. His limbs become sluggish as his blood slows, and he feels a chill through his body until shortly after he has little sensation at all. Although his body remains intact his skin and muscles hang off the bone, not quite connected any more, and his limbs are being powered by some kind of force unusual to him. In the end, his body is not too far changed from what it had been before he donned the mask, but there is an eerie unnatural aspect to it. He feels his mind sharpened, but there is hardly anything to his body.

It takes Darwin a few moments to figure out how to shift his form. His muscles writhe and pigment cells in his skin shift and flutter, but at first only randomly. It seems like the more effort he puts into it the harder it becomes, and it's impossible to reconstruct himself if he's focusing on his body piece by piece. Instead he has to let his mind go free and allow the transformation to come over him, while keeping in his mind's eye every possible detail about the form he was taking. Every freckle or scar had to be accounted for, at least if he wanted a reliable likeness. That was hard enough for his own body, it seemed next to impossible for anyone he had just casually observed, but then again this entity's excelling brainpower seems up to the task. After a short period of experimentation, Darwin shapes his body to look like his usual form (more or less.)

"Ah, yes, quite, quite, I should as well!" Prince Ali remarks. "If you'll excuse me, my friends," he says to the nobles he's entertaining. "I hope you've decided on your guise, Little Dear! I know I have mine!" Prince Ali skips off, heading toward an ornate door at the far end of the hallway. He looks back and forth, then pulls it open, and vanishes into the enveloping darkness within.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-05, 10:16 AM
Well that was certainly unpleasant. Can't say this is the worse I've ever looked though, at least it's still my face. Now, let's see how much of a Changeling I still am.
With a slightly pained expression, Þ focuses his mind on changing his shape, unsure if he will be able to do it in this form. To his surprise though, he finds that he still has the ability to shift, though the masque of undeath seems to make any fine details unnoticeable.
Well, I don't seem to be able to do anything about the decay, and details aren't as sharp as they could be, but now that that's settled, time for the clothes. Þ reaches over and picks up the Vestments of Many Styles lent to him by Sylali and carefully pulls them over his new form. Hmm, better start simple. I'll just try the color blue for now, until I figure out the nuances of these things. Now what did that elven girl say the command word was?
"Clothes-ify?"
"Clothening?"
"Clothesificate? Oh wow, that's really blue. Dammit, 'clothesificate'? Really? Really? I've never murdered anyone before, but I might just strangle the craftsman who chose that command word if I manage to ever meet them...

Huh. Violence. That's new. I might need to keep an eye on myself in this mask... Seriously though, clothesificate? That just makes all Changelings look bad... Well, better check out my disguises. And I'll need to make sure I've got sleeves or something similar to cover my bracers, the attendant didn't seem to want us wearing armor."
After fiddling with the combined abilities of the Vestments and his own shifting for a few minutes, Þ seems satisfied with the results of his experiments.
Well, I have some options. That's something. Moreover, my options are me.
I suppose I'd better find the others and see how they're getting along. Come to think of it, I don't remember hearing Tsuki say what she was choosing for her mask. And if Darwin is still planning to impersonate Ali, then I guess I'd better make sure he hasn't tried to convince the other guests to... I don't know, try to eat as many Gabrathian Jellybuns as they can while singing their national anthems as they dangle upside down from the chandelier. No, come now Þ, be fair, you know Darwin doesn't repeat antics. At least that one's off the table...
Then, setting his bow and quiver onto the bed beside his backpack, and without a backwards glance at the truly exquisite room, Þ leaves, looking entirely unlike the being that walked into the room.

Rizban
2015-10-05, 12:41 PM
Tsuki stands and stares dumbfounded at the Prince as he departs. He calls her out, forces her to awkwardly interact with people, then just leaves her there by herself. How... how... how RUDE IS THAT?!

Shaking with equal parts anger and anxiety, Tsuki quickly backs up and tries to lose herself in the crowd before those closest to her turn their attention back her way. Once gone, she'll try to find an attendant who seems more on the ball to make her masque request.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-05, 06:31 PM
Upon leaving his room, Þ realizes his room is adjacent to Darwin's, having previously been too preoccupied with his mask to have noticed. Well that's lucky. I thought I'd have to look forever to hunt Darwin down. Well, I suppose I'd better check to see if he's in there before getting my hopes up. Raising a decaying hand, Þ knocks on Darwin's door.
"Darwin? It's Thorn. You in there?"
With a glance down, Þ realizes that Darwin is highly unlikely to recognize him, particularly as he is presently wrapped in bandages and in the guise of a female mummy. With a muttered "Clothesificate." and a moment's concentration, Þ resumes his more usual appearance, though clearly undead and resplendent in robes of deep emerald.
"Darwin?"

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-05, 06:48 PM
Darwin spent a few moments looking over his handiwork. The eyes weren't quite the right shade of Purple, and he was fairly sure his hair was a shade or two too light, but the margin of error was so small that the only people liable to notice would be his own parents or friends from his home village. "Not bad for a- *AHEM* -Not bad for a first try!" The young Cleric congratulates to himself, before being interrupted by the appearance of Þ. "Oh hey Þ! Nice costume. It looks good on you. I'm enjoying mine quite a bit myself. Though it's taking some time to break in." A small section of Darwin's face turns greyish and one of his eyes has its pupil dissolve into a flat, yellowish tint, requiring Darwin to literally slap it back into place after checking it in the mirror. He turn back to Þ, giving the Changeling Lich a classic Darwin grin, though one that looks decidedly more calculated and grown up than ever before. "What about you? How's your "costume" "fitting", so to speak?"

nolongerchaos
2015-10-05, 08:33 PM
"I think my masque will suffice for the evening, though I suppose you could say that I'm not terribly souled on in it." Þ replies with the faintest hint of a smile. "Having trouble with the shapeshifting? Having portraits and a mirror can help if you need some practice. If Changeling shifting works like doppelganger shifting it could take a while to get down. When I was little, the other kids talked about shifting like putting on a mask or a costume, but I found it was easier to think of it more akin to stepping into a body that's just shaped a little differently. It takes a lot of concentration to keep a mask up, but if the body is you, that can make it easier. At least, it did for me. Oh, and watch out for pointy things, pain can mess up a disguise pretty quick without a lot of practice.

Though, again, that's assuming our shifting works the same. Okay, I have to ask, what in the world is that smell?"

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-05, 08:48 PM
"That, my dear Changeling friend, is the sweet and savoury scent of Blister Nigella tea! Freshly brewed from the leaves that grow just outside my home village. It seems that whatever Polypotent force is catering to our every whim in this palace has a flair for inciting nostalgia in its guests. Whatever is going on here is definitely magical. Very magical. In fact, some of the things I've seen here go far beyond anything that one could normally pull off with regular spells. Whatever's doing this, it is unimaginably powerful." The was-an-Elf leans into the mirror, following his friends advice on shapeshifting and imagining himself stepping into a suit, managing to FINALLY get his eyes the right colour, though his hair was still a bit off.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-05, 09:57 PM
"Impressive. It looks like you're picking up on shifting quite quickly. And though I have little formal knowledge of magic, I deduced something was odd when I put on what seemed to be an ordinary paper mask with the word 'lITcH' written on it and was, as promised, transformed into a powerful undead monster. You and Tsuki are both far more knowledgeable about such things than I am though. What intrigues me is if someone is as magically powerful as the Prince seems to be, what is this ball really for? Perhaps we should meet back up with Tsuki, she might have learned something while we've been fiddling with our masques. Any idea where she might be, or what she's going to look like when we find her?"

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-05, 10:04 PM
"No idea where she'd be. Though I'd bet you 10 gold pieces her room is right next to yours and mine right now. As for the Prince himself, my new form grants me the clarity to see that he is clearly not doing this of his free will. Though, what could possibly force the hand of someone with this much magical power I don't even want to begin to theorize upon. As for Tsuki... My bet's on something "monstrous", but still in the realms of the female form. A Demoness, some form of Fey, or perhaps a particularly attractive harpy. Hell, maybe she'll go for a matching ensemble with Eiko, a catfolk!" Chuckling to himself, Darwin walks past Þ to the portal of his doorway, checking to see if Tsuki's room is in fact right beside those of her companions.

Nettlekid
2015-10-06, 07:36 AM
Tsuki's room is indeed next to Darwin's, though you could have sworn such was not the case when you first arrived. It is locked though, and seems empty.

Tsuki meanwhile manages to catch the attention of some kind of jackal-man, perhaps a desert offshoot of a Lupine, in a snappy tailcoat with a platter of champagne flutes on a silver tray.

Rizban
2015-10-06, 01:15 PM
Tsuki gracefully takes a champagne flute from the tray and holds it in one hand.

"I've made my decision. I can only ask for one form, one I've longed to be. I wish for a masque to become an avatar of the great goddess Aphrodite..."

Nettlekid
2015-10-06, 01:25 PM
"If such is your wish," the jackal-man nods. He balances the tray of glasses on his head and draws from his pocket a paper mask, jotting down nothing more than a wiggly line and a smudge of paw, before gifting it to Tsuki.

Rizban
2015-10-06, 01:33 PM
Tsuki accepts the mask gingerly, returning the champagne flute without taking so much as a sip. She stares at the mask wide-eyed.

"Truly? ... ... thank you."

Tuski turns and heads toward her room to clean up and dress.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-06, 05:49 PM
Leaving the oddly smelling room in Darwin's wake, Þ takes a glance at the room on the opposite side of Darwin's from his own, and is both unsurprised to see Tsuki's name on the door, and glad he had known better than to have bet Darwin. What does surprise him is seeing Tsuki herself approaching, paper masque in hand. Þ glances at Darwin to make sure he is still recognizable, then gives a small bow to Tsuki.
"Tsuki! It's good to have found you, or rather that you found us, I was beginning to worry that something might have happened to you. Now that you have your masque, we can head to the ball once you have prepared. Darwin and I can wait outside until you are ready," Þ turns his glowing green eyes from Tsuki to Darwin (or they seem to turn, it's even harder to tell now that his previously entirely white eyes are now mere spots of light) "That is, unless you have more exploring you wish to do in the meantime?"

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-06, 06:32 PM
"Oh! I almost forgot!" Rushing back into the room, darwin grabs the Mask of Lies from his pack and dons it. In a momentary rippling shift, Darwin's form shifts in a third, separate way, this time far more refined. The mask itself transmogrifies into a sort of porcelain neck bracer, still bearing the cross in the centre. His weapons also look different, his light mace and shortsword disappearing, and his Rapier taking on a more ceremonial look, almost unfit for actual combat in its ornateness. A truly clever plan which the regular Darwin might have done in ignorance simply because it looks pretty, but the current Darwin is doing in an honest attempt at subterfuge. The Cleric quickly rejoins the party. "Okay, now I'm good. So, Tsuki, what form did you end up choosing?" He asks, genuinely curious what the demure Spellthief chose to remake herself into.

Rizban
2015-10-06, 10:32 PM
Tsuki stumbles a bit at the sudden appearance of her allies in the hall outside her room.

"You'll see... But, privacy, please! Excuse me..."

Tsuki pushes past them and enters her room.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-06, 11:29 PM
"Come now Darwin, tact, a lady needs her privacy. We'll find out what masque she has chosen when she's ready, and not before.

Come to think of it though, I'm curious to see how the staff react to you in this form, since you appear virtually the same as before. Maybe they'll be able to tell you're already wearing your masque though, who knows with this lot... "

Nettlekid
2015-10-07, 03:22 PM
Between shenanigans involved in getting your masks, finding your rooms, and experimenting with your new forms, the hours trickle away like the sand through the hourglass marking the hours trickling away. As the sunset strikes pastels across the sky, a trail of oil in the corner of all the halls lights on its own to provide atmospheric illumination, and the main hall is filled with floating spheres of light. The hall now is very different than it was when you first entered, filled to capacity with all sorts of peculiar creatures. Most participants have combined their outfits with their chosen shapes, and you see a Coatl trailed with a feather boa mirroring its rainbow wings, or a Leonal with a cloak extending from its mane. It looks like nothing was off the table as Gricks and Gray Renders, Nymphs and Night Hags, Owlbears and Ochre Jellies all take the floor, socializing in whatever way is appropriate to their new form. It's a frightening sight, but then again to these nobles who have likely never been personally threatened by beasts like these it must be amusing to look like a fairy tale.

After a period of this socializing, the floating lights dim, then swarm together to frame the gilded door that Tsuki had seen Prince Ali slip through. Ali's voice echoes through the impossible castle, causing a stir.
"Introducing that fabulous fellow who needs no introduction, the man who has brought you all here today! He's famous, he's wealthy, he's magical, and he's beloved by all! You know his name, let me hear you say it if you still have mouths, the one and only Prince Ali!"
In an entirely predictable bluff the door does not burst open, and instead in a dazzling display of Dancing Lights Prince Ali appears in the center of the floor about twenty feet in the air. His face and form isn't largely changed, though he is about twice as tall. He's wearing even nicer clothes than he was previously, draping himself in gold-lined violet silk and a feathered turban. He's hovering in midair, his legs obscured by a whirling vortex of wind. He descends into the crowd, and there's enthusiastic applause.
"Thank you, thank you, friends! I cannot put into words how glad I am to see you here, faces beaming as brightly as I am! It feels like I've come so far to get to where I am today. It feels like only a month ago that I had nothing to my name, and no one had heard of Prince Ali. But you know? Looking out at all of you here, enjoying yourselves this evening, something is abundantly clear to me. Wishes really do come true. I want you to strike every worry and concern from your mind this evening and simply lose yourselves to the festivities! I know I certainly intend to!"

The lights return and the general merrymaking persists, Ali now joining the floor and making small talk with whoever cares to listen. And most seem to. Everything appears to be entirely on the up-and-up.

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-07, 04:39 PM
Amongst all of the cavalcade of monstrocities, Darwin Freeborn was a bastion of sense. He stood with naught but his own visage, that of a simple Elven man, utterly devoid of irregularity (well, relatively speaking. Astoundingly enhanced intellect and wisdom aside, he was still Darwin). This rather bold strategy of seemingly having no costume to speak of actually proved surprisingly effective as far as wowing the party-goers with his presence. Throughout a decent chunk of the hall, Darwin was quite the topic of conversation. Some thought his "costume" to be an avant garde display of nonconformity, others thought that perhaps his original form was so monstrous and alien that this relatively normal form WAS a monster by comparison, still others believed he may be some form of party crasher, daring the Prince to call him out on his lack of a masque in order to steal the night's attention for himself. Whatever the case, Darwin took great pleasure in playing all the roles he was given, milling amongst the nobility, sharing stories and small talk, and slightly and minutely changing his appearance throughout a conversation, before snapping it back to normal, leaving his companions questioning their own perception, and the contents of their drink glasses.

Slowly, deftly, Darwin wandered over to the mystical form of Prince Ali, and spoke to him frankly. "Ah, Prince Ali! Just the ungodly powerful man I wanted to see. I must say, this night has been wonderful, and it would tickle my fancy ever so much if you could just give me a taste of your methods. What's your secret? My curiosity simply does not allow me to sit back without learning how anyone could pull THIS illustrious of a party together seemingly overnight!" Darwin asks in a flattering tone, attempting to both butter up the Prince, and also possibly learn a few things.

Diplomacy!: [roll0]

Nettlekid
2015-10-08, 08:34 AM
Prince Ali whirls around to smile at Darwin.
"Hello, friend! Darwin, yes, Darwin of Wander Inn! Ahahaha, what an ingenious costume, yes! I wish I knew what you-oh, how clever, a Doppelganger, how novel! I would not at all have recognized it! Except I did, but that's beside the point. I am so glad you are enjoying yourself! Yes, yes, you must have a busy life, but this is a time for relaxation and frivolity!"
He nods his head at Darwin's query.
"Yes, indeed, it is a wonder to behold. It is a powerful magic at work, believe you me. It is my blessing, and my curse, to weave the world at my fingertips. And truthfully..."
He pauses, turning his head slightly and glancing toward his door. There is a pregnant pause.
"Well, it does tend to get a bit out of control. Or, well, in control. It's a tricky business, magic. Loopholes, legalities, one poor agreement and-"
His voice simply stops, though his mouth continues to move for a moment before he notices. After a moment it returns.
"-surprised I could say that much-Well yes, if you'd like, at the end of this weekend's festivities I see no reason not to introduce you personally to the...origin, of my wealth. But no, not now, there is much to do! And to see! And apparently I have something to attend to!" Ali remarks, before hopping into the air and gliding over the crowd toward one of the many stairwells.

Jeriah
2015-10-08, 04:13 PM
Tsuki's room is indeed next to Darwin's, though you could have sworn such was not the case when you first arrived. It is locked though, and seems empty.

Tsuki meanwhile manages to catch the attention of some kind of jackal-man, perhaps a desert offshoot of a Lupine, in a snappy tailcoat with a platter of champagne flutes on a silver tray.

Tsuki accepts the mask gingerly, returning the champagne flute without taking so much as a sip. She stares at the mask wide-eyed.

"Truly? ... ... thank you."

Tuski turns and heads toward her room to clean up and dress.

Once Tuski accepts her mask and wanders off, Eiko huffs to herself and whispers for the Jackal-man.
"I guess I'm going to be Prince Ali, if I can. Someone has to follow Tsuki's original plan, I guess..."

After receiving her mask, Eiko will refrain from putting it on until the party officially starts.

Sorry for the minor time warp.

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-09, 12:03 PM
"I look forward to it!" Darwin shouts to the Prince as he disappears into the crowd, his mind whirring. So, he truly was doing this against his will. Not only that, but it appears some of what he wants to say is being actively omitted, interesting... His mind set on his course of action, Darwin freeborn quickly steps behind a pillar on the far edge of the hall, and reemerges as none other than the illustrious Prince Ali. His shapechange almost perfect after a quick assessment of the Princes form, and any further details and features such as his clothing were taken care of by the Vestments and Mask of Lies. Slowly, deliberately, the "Prince" walks over to the door at the far end of the hall, attempting to look like he was supposed to be doing this, and rushing into it as quickly as possible.

Disguise check (+10 for shapechange, +4 racial bonus, +10 for the Mask, and +2 for the Vestments): [roll0]

Bluff check to act inconspicuous, if necessary: [roll1]

Nettlekid
2015-10-09, 12:42 PM
That's
A
Nat
20!!!

Making his way through the bustling crowd and having to keep up appearances with various guests complimenting him, Darwin completely assumes the Prince's form and makes his way to the furthest door, then cracks it open and slips inside.

Opening the door releases a rush of burning air like that of an oven door, searing against Darwin's skin. The interior of the room is dark and shadows dance, lit only by embers. There is no bed nor any kind of luxury within the room. It's solid gray stone. But fastened to the walls are chains and ribbons, and Darwin can see runes etched over them and then continuing onto the walls and floor. They lead together into a pair of concentric circles at the center of the room. As do the chains, which in turn transform into armored shackles of pure bronze. The figure at the center of the circle stares into Darwin's eyes and he feels heat welling up in his very soul. Standing ten feet tall but sitting cross-legged, its ruby skin glows with heat. Black eyes with yellow irises shine, and its demonic face with fangs curling both above and below its lips is framed by wide horns.
"Returned sooner than I would have dared in your place, Abooboo. Your mind must be elsewhere. I didn't hear you coming in. I thought you wanted to enjoy your party? I put so much effort into throwing it, you know. You're lucky to have a guy on your side like this, Abooboo, you know, watching out for you. You ain't never had a friend like me."

http://dnd-wiki.org/w/images/thumb/0/0e/1424370_efreet_warlord_by_jasonengle.jpg/300px-1424370_efreet_warlord_by_jasonengle.jpg

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-09, 01:57 PM
((SecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsSecret sSecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsSecrets SecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsS ecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsSecretsSecrets)) Keeping his cool in the face of the SUDDEN BEING OF ELEMENTAL FIRE sitting before him, Darwin (as the Prince) smiles at the creature. "Ah, yes, well, you know. Truly the festivities are utterly magnanimous, truly they are. But, well, it has suddenly occurred to me that, perhaps in the heat of all this grandure, I've lost sight of certain aspects of the 'big picture' as it were. Namely, the fact that you undoubtedly plan my demise when our contract is done. Now, don't try and sugarcoat it, I know I'm damned. Nobody makes a deal with an Outsider and makes it out unmaimed, much less scott-free. All I'm asking is that you be frank with me on this. How badly and in what dastardly manner do you plan to screw me after all I've asked of you? In what way are you going to twist our dealings to your favour? After all, friends don't keep secrets from friends now, do they?" He asks, attempting to play it cool in this impromptu interrogation.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Nettlekid
2015-10-09, 03:03 PM
The entity's eyes narrow. The room gets warmer.
"You're pretty good. You actually had me fooled. That's not easy, and it could have put me in a dangerous position. Who are you, and why have you made this grievous mistake?"

Yeahhhh, not even a good Disguise, Bluff, or Diplomacy is going to save you when you get the premise entirely wrong. Can't fool all of the people all of the time!

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-09, 03:10 PM
"......Well sh*t." Darwin curses. Transforming not into his actual form, but into the form of a tall Drow man, dressed in partygoing clothes. "I'm just a guy who got curious. I knew Ali was hiding SOMETHING. I just didn't know what. I can honestly say, this really wasn't something I was expecting. If I really have gotten it so wrong, care to elucidate me? I really am genuinely curious what the Prince's deal is, and I can't really dig myself any deeper. So, care to explain?" Darwin crosses his legs, content to whatever may happen.

Disguise check to make it look like the Drow form is the default: [roll]1d20+32[roll]

And a Diplomacy check to get a rapport going with the Efreet: [roll0]

Nettlekid
2015-10-09, 07:31 PM
"I really wouldn't. You aren't involved, meddler. Unless, of course, you wish to be. That's an interesting thing, a wish. People think they know what they want until they're asked to name it. Then they draw a blank. You, Drow, do you know what your heart desires? Your kind enjoys slaughtering itself, perhaps the gift to do that? Wealth to turn Lolth's high priestess pale? And it takes a lot to pale skin that dark. Anything you can imagine. Because what you've seen of Abooboo is not one iota of what could be, if you wish it. Come closer, let me know. "

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-09, 08:02 PM
To say the young Elf wasn't... Intrigued by the offer would be a grevious lie. But, he was wiser now than he ever was before. Perhaps the old Darwin would jump at the chance, but the new one was a bit more nuanced. "You, oh mighty being of fire, are quick to presume much of me by my race alone. So forgive me if I should act in much the same way when I ask: what's the catch? After all, I wasn't lying in my previous statement, Outsiders tend to enjoy mortal torment. How can I know you aren't just going to destroy me? What proof do you have towards your reputability?"

Let's try that Diplomacy again, shall we?: [roll0]

Nettlekid
2015-10-09, 08:32 PM
Bold statements from someone with no ranks in Knowledge (The Planes). Also you can't keep retrying the Diplomacy, the one you rolled is good for the conversation.
"Why would I destroy you, when you have done nothing to wrong me? Such a pleasant and charming fellow, and you clearly appreciate looking beyond the stigma of race. You're right, that many of beyond your world are not to be trusted. Devils will twist words and Demons outright lie. What I offer is a sure thing. Guaranteed dreams coming true. I sense you don't trust me. How about a show of goodwill? Your friend, the girl with dagger magic, she's run into a spot of trouble. You'd best be on your way to help her. Come back when you're done, and if that advice helped you, maybe you'll think my words fairer. Not a word to Abooboo though, eh? He is a cruel miser at heart who wants the world's riches for himself. He would not take kindly to your speaking to me. "

Nettlekid
2015-10-10, 12:25 PM
Darwin and Þ have gone downstairs by the time Tsuki emerges from her room, glowing and radiant with the visage of Aphrodite herself, and though her general form is unchanged there is an entirely different air about her. Next to her is Eiko, in the form of an Asherati dressed as Prince Ali. By the hum and roar of voices, it sounds like the party is in full swing. But not everyone is downstairs. The hall stretches on for a far way but branches into others, and across the marble floors she can hear rapid footfalls. More than one pair, some heavier than others. There's a bright flash of light, and a resounding thud, though the noise is drowned out to anyone further away by the festivities. If you're not much mistaken there's whispering too, but you can't make out what they're saying from this distance. There is a smell of ozone.

Rizban
2015-10-11, 01:20 AM
Darwin and Þ have gone downstairs by the time Tsuki emerges from her room, glowing and radiant with the visage of Aphrodite herself, and though her general form is unchanged there is an entirely different air about her. Next to her is Eiko, in the form of an Asherati dressed as Prince Ali. By the hum and roar of voices, it sounds like the party is in full swing. But not everyone is downstairs. The hall stretches on for a far way but branches into others, and across the marble floors she can hear rapid footfalls. More than one pair, some heavier than others. There's a bright flash of light, and a resounding thud, though the noise is drowned out to anyone further away by the festivities. If you're not much mistaken there's whispering too, but you can't make out what they're saying from this distance. There is a smell of ozone.

Tsuki, for once, strides forward with confidence and a sway in her step that she's never had before. Her clothes are beautifully appointed and uite a bit more revealing than her companions are likely to believe. She hears the sounds, and her confidence waivers. Pushing Eiko back into the room, she whispers.

"Something's not right..."

She draws her two daggers from their sheaths and watches out into the hall through a slight crack in the door.Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x2, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Nerveskitter

Nettlekid
2015-10-11, 08:58 AM
Tsuki stays quiet as the posse gets closer. She first sees a thick yellowed horn emerge into view, and as the creature progresses she sees the rhinoceros-esque creature it's attached to, sheathed in blue scales. Flanking it are a short green creature that looks somewhat like a Kobold but with different proportions, a tall red-scaled humanoid, a stooped black-scaled creature with the smell of sulfur, and holding the blue-scaled with a lash like a leash is a thin humanoid armored in skeletal white scales. Tsuki can vaguely make out their conversation.
"-sssomeone will have heard-"
"Nobuddy herd nothin', da partee's too lowd-"
"If we don't find it then we must fall back on B Team's stratagem, and I'm loathe to let them hog the glory."
"It'sss our ssskinsss I'm worried about-"
"Hold."
The red one glances back and forth, sniffing at the air.
"There's magic here. Strong magic. We may have a second lead." She retraces her steps back to the edge of the hall, out of Tsuki's sight, and runs a claws lightly down the doors, tapping. She's getting closer.

Rizban
2015-10-11, 02:43 PM
Tsuki tries to identify the creatures.Don't know if you want just one roll or one for each individual. Use whatever is appropriate.
[roll0]/[roll1]
[roll2]/[roll3]
[roll4]/[roll5]
[roll6]/[roll7]
Getting a mischievous idea, Tsuki casts persistent blade through the crack in the door and as far away from herself as she can, hopefully causing it to appear near the big, scary blue thing. She then mentally commands the force dagger to attack the leash restraining it.
[roll8] - [roll9]

I forgot to notate which spells were Extended in the last spoiler, put an x2 on the wrong spell (making it illegal to ready the spell), and also forgot that the +4 Cha should have given Tsuki extra 1st- and 2nd-level bonus slots. If it's acceptable this is the revised readied spell list. I just doubled up on spells she already had readied rather than adding additional spell options.

Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x3, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Persistent Blade, Nerveskitter

Nettlekid
2015-10-11, 09:53 PM
From that Knowledge (Arcana) you can tell these are creatures related to dragons, not half-dragons or even draconic, but as though they've been tinted with draconic essence. They seem to be the Spawn of Tiamat, races which breed true but originated as perverse corruptions of other entities as Tiamat's answer to the Dragonborn of Bahamut.

It's a valiant effort, but Tsuki's blade is too weak to cut through the tether. It looks like it's a weapon being used as such, not simply a piece of rope. The red creature whirls around at the sound of the force blade, and notices the magical effect.
"Horaaa, someone's feeling bold. I think I'm getting warmer...Warmer...Ooh, hot, hot."
Tsuki sees a catlike eye appear in the crack in the door.
"I'm burning up."
The door is flung open by the ignition of a Burning Hands which, despite the door's cover, scorches Tsuki and deals 15 damage. Tsuki finds herself face to face with the Redspawn, while the Greenspawn and Blackspawn peek in from the sides.
"What did I tell you? The Fivefold Goddess smiles upon us. We have a second chance, and we didn't need that Umber Hulk fellow after all. Get the girl, and-"
The Redspawn staggers back.
"Is that the prince? Goodness, girl, what things you get up to behind closed doors. We are lucky five times over. Take them both."

The Greenspawned dashes into the room, tumbling past Tsuki and crouching in the corner, ready to flank. The Blackspawned presses his shoulders into the door frame, making it impossible for Tsuki to dash outside. The Whitespawned, outside the room, pulls at his chain connected to the Bluespawn.

Not really up for making a map right now, so just describe your positions. Approximations are good enough.

Jeriah
2015-10-12, 01:49 AM
Standard
Ray of stupidity (Ench)
Cloud of Knives (Conj)
Major Image (Illus)
Baleful Transposition (Conj)
Power Word Pain (Ench)
Charm Person (Ench)

Bonus Spells

1 - Power Word Pain (Ench)
1 - Benign Transposition (Conj)
2 - Baleful Transposition (Conj)
2 - Ray of stupidity (Ench)
3 - Major Image (Illus)

Tsuki tries to identify the creatures.Don't know if you want just one roll or one for each individual. Use whatever is appropriate.
[roll0]/[roll1]
[roll2]/[roll3]
[roll4]/[roll5]
[roll6]/[roll7]
Getting a mischievous idea, Tsuki casts persistent blade through the crack in the door and as far away from herself as she can, hopefully causing it to appear near the big, scary blue thing. She then mentally commands the force dagger to attack the leash restraining it.
[roll8] - [roll9]

I forgot to notate which spells were Extended in the last spoiler, put an x2 on the wrong spell (making it illegal to ready the spell), and also forgot that the +4 Cha should have given Tsuki extra 1st- and 2nd-level bonus slots. If it's acceptable this is the revised readied spell list. I just doubled up on spells she already had readied rather than adding additional spell options.

Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x3, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Persistent Blade, Nerveskitter"This is bad, Tsuki. We need to leave..."

Eiko casts Cloud of Knives and steps up next to Tsuki.

From that Knowledge (Arcana) you can tell these are creatures related to dragons, not half-dragons or even draconic, but as though they've been tinted with draconic essence. They seem to be the Spawn of Tiamat, races which breed true but originated as perverse corruptions of other entities as Tiamat's answer to the Dragonborn of Bahamut.

It's a valiant effort, but Tsuki's blade is too weak to cut through the tether. It looks like it's a weapon being used as such, not simply a piece of rope. The red creature whirls around at the sound of the force blade, and notices the magical effect.
"Horaaa, someone's feeling bold. I think I'm getting warmer...Warmer...Ooh, hot, hot."
Tsuki sees a catlike eye appear in the crack in the door.
"I'm burning up."
The door is flung open by the ignition of a Burning Hands which, despite the door's cover, scorches Tsuki and deals 15 damage. Tsuki finds herself face to face with the Redspawn, while the Greenspawn and Blackspawn peek in from the sides.
"What did I tell you? The Fivefold Goddess smiles upon us. We have a second chance, and we didn't need that Umber Hulk fellow after all. Get the girl, and-"
The Redspawn staggers back.
"Is that the prince? Goodness, girl, what things you get up to behind closed doors. We are lucky five times over. Take them both."

The Greenspawned dashes into the room, tumbling past Tsuki and crouching in the corner, ready to flank. The Blackspawned presses his shoulders into the door frame, making it impossible for Tsuki to dash outside. The Whitespawned, outside the room, pulls at his chain connected to the Bluespawn.

Not really up for making a map right now, so just describe your positions. Approximations are good enough.((Working off they assumption that they are in melee.))

A cloud knife flings out and stabs at the greenspawn in the room behind them.
[roll0] - [roll1]

Eiko then defensively casts Baleful Transposition targeting the greenspawn and the whitespawn in the hallway (Will DC 18 negates).
[roll2] (DC15)

Rizban
2015-10-12, 02:38 PM
The [roll0] - [roll1] continues to attack the leash, as Tsuki has given it no instructions to do otherwise.

Tumbling Attempting to tumble back away from the spawn, Tsuki's two daggers lift from their sheaths and defensively hover in the air before her. "What do you think you're doing bursting into a lady's room?!"

[roll2]

Nettlekid
2015-10-12, 03:59 PM
Eiko's dagger is propelled expertly, but the little lizard is too quick and narrowly avoids the strike. More of a fluke, it manages to block out the intrusion of Eiko's teleportation spell, and manages to remain rooted.
"Good effort, but ssslightly ssskewed, your highnesssss," Green sneers. Red, on the other hand, looks on with concern.
"Oh. Your magic, it's weak. You're not the Prince. Fivefold curse these costumes, no one looks like anyone. Get them both, and we'll sort it out later."
Tsuki tries to nimbly dodge, but she leaves a slight opening and Black's scaly neck whips out to give her a bite on the side. Its teeth hurt, dealing 5 damage, and then begins to sting, though Tsuki is hardy enough to ward off any debilitating effect.
"Calm yourselves, calm yourselves, we need them alive! Moth it!" Red snaps. Snapping her fingers, she first sends up a small Flare, and then triggers Pyrotechnics to cause the Flare to explode in dazzling light. The Spawn all have their eyes turned, aware of what Red's planning, and although Tsuki and Eiko get the brunt of it they manage to avoid being outright blinded, though Eiko is still dazzled by the initial Flare. Green takes the chance to whip forward and slice at Eiko with a spinning blade. Unfortunately, Eiko manages to sidestep the low attack.

As the three Spawn close in on the pair in the room, the flying Djinn Ali races up the stairs in a burst of wind. He hovers, as Blue and White in the hall turn to address their newcomer.
"W-what's happening? There's been, there's an-ah! Assailants! B-begone, creatures of evil and hate, for I am Prince Ali, with the natural strength of ten men and the vim to dispatch the galloping hordes! I, well, I'll, I'll, I'll bring this to fisticuffs before the night is out, believe you me!"
"Hey. We got the real one." White mutters.

Darwin's conversation has reached this point chronologically, so he can act now.

What have you been doing in this while?

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-12, 04:19 PM
Upon hearing this statement, Darwin's smile turns to a face of worry. "Tsuki is in danger?" He turns to look at the doorway out, and then at the fiery form in front of him. "I'll keep this all on the down-low, and, if what you're telling me is true, I might just consider your offer. If you'd like, I could even bring you some cake when I return! Farewell!" And with that, Darwin runs off, heading off away from the main hall, consciously aiming for Tsuki's room, but really just focusing on finding Tsuki, if that mattered to this quasi-existent palace.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-12, 04:38 PM
What have you been doing in this while?
Since he hasn't gotten word of anything going on, Þ has just been meandering through the party, keeping eye out for Darwin or anyone who might look like Tsuki and Eiko.

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-12, 04:56 PM
((Addendum:)) Darwin also takes the time to pause in front of one of the servants, this one being a Kobold carrying a plate of delicious Keesh. "Pardon me. But could you please find the Lich changeling who goes by Þ and tell him to head to Tsuki, and that it's urgent? Tell him she's probably by our rooms, but that likely won't matter once you try to look for her. Tell him Darwin sent you." And with that, Darwin Freeborn continued on his search.

Rizban
2015-10-13, 01:44 AM
((Going to try to make things easier on you.))Deba Tsuki - The Knife Dancer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=560003)
Female Neutral Lesser Aasimar Ranger1/Spellthief4//Swordsage (Sorc), Level 5, Init 5, HP 48/48, DR 10/magic SR 25, Speed 30
AC 25, Touch 19, Flat-footed 22, Fort 7, Ref 7, Will 9, Base Attack Bonus 4
2x +1 Daggers +6/+9 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
Feycraft Mithral Shirt (Thistledown Suit/MW Feycraft Dastana) (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, +6 Misc)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 22

Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x3, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Persistent Blade, Nerveskitter

This will take the following form. Spell Name (remaining rounds)
Steeldance (3), Persistent Blade (7)

Tsuki gestures towards the whitespawn, sending the persistent blade to attack him. [roll0] - [roll1]

She then tumbles towards the greenspawn, moving into a flanking position with Eiko. [roll2]

"Get out of my room!"

The two steeldance daggers strike automatically at the greenspawn.
[roll3] - [roll4]
[roll5] - [roll6]

Both being sneak attacks from flanking, Tsuki will attempt to steal a spell from the greenspawn with each hit. If the first reveals he has no spells, the second will be a normal sneak attack instead. [roll7]

Rizban
2015-10-13, 01:46 AM
Nat 20!
Critical Hit confirmation.
[roll0] - [roll1]

Nettlekid
2015-10-13, 02:56 PM
Screw the spoilers, everyone's things are related now.

Þ is approached by a Kobold whose existence is questionable and largely up for debate, holding a quiche as designed by a 6-year-old.
"Sir, I believe I have a message for you, as you are the only one that suits. The Drow says that Sookey requests your assistance in her chambers. I would head there post-haste."

------
Tsuki's second knife is dodged by Green, but not before it takes a hit from the first. Tsuki manages to rob Green of his Fell The Greatest Foe spell. Green is a little shaken, and his eyes dart to the door.
"Oh no you don't, this mission is bigger than all of us!" Red snaps. "Keep your eyes on the prize. If you don't, I'll do a little something to light a fire under you, if you catch my drift."
Black shifts his body slightly, giving Red a clear view into the room. She hurls a small sphere of flame at Tsuki, this time undeterred by her defense against magic. It strikes perfectly, though doesn't hit so hard as to do extra damage. The searing ball does 20 fire damage to Tsuki. Seeing her as the greater threat, Green rolls out of the way and positions himself such that in order to flank again, either Eiko or Tsuki will have to in turn be flanked by him and Black, unless they both come in from the sides. He lashes out with his strange knife at Tsuki, and strikes her in a critical location! He cuts her beautiful face for 14 damage.

Tsuki's force blade is pushed away by White, who is focused on Ali.
"Big words, big man," he mutters. He lashes out with the other end of the leash, which Ali dodges, but Ali doesn't strike back. It is at this time that Darwin races up the stairs, into the fray of a hallway filled with what looks like a blue rhino and a white draconic skeleton, while a red scaled woman looks into a room from the hall and a thick black tail sticks out from the door frame.
"Ahaha! Fantastic! It is Darwin again, yes? Excellent, please, dispatch these villains! Of course, I will help you-
He pauses.
"b-by offering praise and admiration, and moral support. It would be too disruptive to the guests and my castle itself were I to unleash a mere fraction of my power on these knaves. Please, after you!"

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_Sm9v2vTuBTc4ZmWULAxKD8eIIsyNz64DB5gdWOQ3GQ/edit?usp=sharing)

Jeriah
2015-10-13, 03:10 PM
Standard
Ray of stupidity (Ench)
Cloud of Knives (Conj)
Major Image (Illus)
Power Word Pain (Ench)
Charm Person (Ench)

Bonus Spells

3 - Major Image (Illus)
Another cloud knife lashes out at the greenspawn just before he tumbles away. [roll0] - [roll1]

"Foul, little green thing. Suffer! Suffer more!" emphasizes Eiko as she casts power word pain targeting the greenspawn. He takes [roll2] damage and it lasts [roll3] rounds. ((If he has <=50 hp 4d4, 51-75 is 2d4, 76-100 1d4. 101+ he's unaffected.))
[roll4]

nolongerchaos
2015-10-13, 05:29 PM
With a look of shock, Þ moves quickly to weave through the thinnest parts of the crowd. As he moves, he mutters "Clothesificate." softly to himself, changing from his fine liches robes to a mummy's bandages, then after a moment's consideration changes his form to that of a somewhat shorter female. No point in giving himself away before he knew what was going on. Here, of all places, now, it could be pretty much anything.
As he moves, Þ does register a slight shock at the realisation that it was Tsuki who found trouble first, and somehow not Darwin.

Jeriah
2015-10-13, 06:13 PM
Standard
Ray of stupidity (Ench)
Cloud of Knives (Conj)
Major Image (Illus)
Power Word Pain (Ench)
Charm Person (Ench)

Bonus Spells

3 - Major Image (Illus)
[roll0] - [roll1]

Eiko circles around the room to move to L6, passing behind Tsuki and staying out of melee as she moves. Once there, she defensively casts baleful transposition targeting the greenspawn and redspawn. Save DC 18. [roll2]

Jeriah
2015-10-13, 06:14 PM
Nat 19 is a critical threat!
[roll0] - [roll1]

Rizban
2015-10-13, 06:33 PM
Deba Tsuki - The Knife Dancer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=560003)
Init 5, HP 28/48, DR 10/magic SR 25, Speed 30
AC 25, Touch 19, Flat-footed 22 (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, +6 Misc)
Fort 7, Ref 7, Will 9, Base Attack Bonus 4
2x +1 Daggers +6/+8 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)

Steeldance (2), Persistent Blade (6)Tsuki delays until after Eiko's actions.

Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. [roll0] - [roll1]

Depending on the results of Eiko's actions, Tsuki does one of two different things.
Tsuki's steeldancing daggers strike at the redspawn as she 5-ft. steps to K4.
[roll2] - [roll3] Crit? [roll4] - [roll5]
[roll6] - [roll7] Crit? [roll8] - [roll9]

A flick of her wrist requips a mundane dagger to her hand, and a moment to focus her energies sends the blade hurling away from her, striking at the redspawn and blackspawn before flying back to her open hand.
[roll10] - [roll11] Crit? [roll12] - [roll13]
[roll14] - [roll15] Crit? [roll16] - [roll17]

The dagger "summon" is a fluffy way of saying "she draws a dagger".

Tsuki's steeldancing daggers strike at the greenspawn as she tumbles to I5.
[roll18] - [roll19] Crit? [roll20] - [roll21]
[roll22] - [roll23] Crit? [roll24] - [roll25]

Once there, she drops to her knees below the table and casts a second persistent blade, targeting the blackspawn.
[roll26] - [roll27] Crit? [roll28] - [roll29]

Capt. Infinity
2015-10-13, 09:12 PM
"Hey guys! What's going ooooooouuuuuuhhhhhh..." Darwin is left at a loss for words at the scene before him. It's obvious that these are party-goers, that much is clear. But what the heck is actually happening is beyond even his newfound intellect.

"Umm... Scary lady often equals leader! Take this!" Darwin shouts out, as he outstretches one hand and fires a Searing Light at the red scaled woman.

Searing Light Ranged Touch Attack Roll: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Nettlekid
2015-10-16, 07:42 AM
So with the necessary rearranging of actions, now Þ is the one coming up the stairs, but only does so this round.

Eiko's knife cuts Black in a critical spot, causing him to kneel for a moment to hold his side. Although he's still in the door, a nimble acrobat might be able to dodge out around him, at least until he regains his stature. Tsuki's Whirling Blade too deals him notable damage.

"Ha! As though I would be drawn in by something as trivial as that!" Red sneers, laughing right in Eiko's face. She realizes that shouldn't be the case. Green looks on from outside.
"Ssso look, I'm better with ambushesss. I think we'd bessst regroup. And I plan to." With that, Green turns tail and dashes down the hall.

Red is about to chastise Green, but Tsuki's furious daggers cut her down to size. Heavily injured and lacking in backup (or really, suitable teamwork) the mission seems to be failing. Going for a last-ditch effort, Red withdraws an item from her robe and then goes to put it on (either action provokes an AoO from Eiko). It's one of the paper masks.

nolongerchaos
2015-10-17, 11:54 AM
Gaining the top of the stairs, Þ is started by the commotion going on outside of what appears to be Tsuki's room, and what sounds like fighting going on inside the room.

"Ali? What's going on? Or are you Tsuki? ... Eiko? *sigh* This is why we should have discussed a plan before hand... Tsuki, where are you and what in the world is going on?" Þ bellows in frustration, wishing the attendant had been a little more informative as to what was going on. At least they'd let him know though...

Jeriah
2015-10-19, 03:20 PM
Standard
Ray of stupidity (Ench)
Cloud of Knives (Conj)
Major Image (Illus)
Power Word Pain (Ench)
Charm Person (Ench)

Bonus Spells

3 - Major Image (Illus)
Eiko delays until just after Tsuki then acts immediately, so she isn't caught in Tsuki's spell.

The Power Word Pain spell continues to hit the greenspawn. [roll0]
Also, forgot to roll for PWP last round. [roll1]
9(?) more rounds remain on PWP against the greenspawn.

[roll2] - [roll3] (1 round remains on Cloud of Knives)Eiko defensively casts Major Image, making a duplicate of herself occupying the same space as herself. [roll4]

Eiko then 5-ft. steps to K7 to block Red's escape, leaving the illusion where she was; however, she attempts to make it appear that she moved the illusion rather than herself.

Rizban
2015-10-19, 04:47 PM
Deba Tsuki - The Knife Dancer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=560003)
Init 5, HP 28/48, DR 10/magic SR 25, Speed 30
Fort 7, Ref 7, Will 9, Base Attack Bonus 4

Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x2 x3, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Persistent Blade, Nerveskitter

Steeldance (1), Persistent Blade (5)Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. [roll0] - [roll1]

Tsuki casts whirling blade.
[roll2] - [roll3]
[roll4] - [roll5]

She then 5-ft. steps up to the redspawn, which triggers two attacks against him from her steeldance spell.
[roll6] - [roll7]
[roll8] - [roll9]

"Why do these accursed monsters always have to attackme?" Tsuki mutters to herself.

Nettlekid
2015-11-03, 12:08 PM
As Eiko did not take an Attack of Opportunity against the Redspawn, the Redspawn manages to affix the mask without resistance. A blinding light emanates from her, and then the light portions itself into red, blue, green, black, and white shades. Her body doubles in size and like a Hydra five sprouting tendrils burst from the body, each ending in a draconic head. With a bellowing roar, the heads go into a whipping and gnashing frenzy.

Tsuki's whirling blade has unfortunately missed both targets. One of the blades of steel misses, but the other strikes true. The attack is palpable, and the Redspawn's previously injured condition isn't helping her.

Eiko's knife against the Blackspawn also does not connect.

The Redspawn, disoriented by her transformation, doesn't have it in her to lash out with all the heads yet. Instead she simply sinks the white head's teeth into Tsuki, dealing 12 damage (overcoming magic DR).

The Blackspawn and Eiko are both pushed out of the doorway by the Redspawn's transformation, and stumble into the hall.
"I'm startin' to fink he had da rite ideea." Black mutters, looking to where Green had fled. White sighs.
"Too hasty. We were planning to save that." he shakes his head. He scowls, trying to bat away the knife of force which has been pestering him.
"Look, the whole thing-"
"Did yoo say sumthing?"
"I said the whole-"
"What?"
"I SAID the whole plan has gone to ruin! We have no lead and nothing to show for it, let's fall back!"
With this, the Whitespawn shakes his chain and unlatches the Bluespawn, who immediately rushes underneath the flying Prince Ali and stabs its horn into Þ's skeletal frame, dealing 27 damage (12 after your DR.)

"But what about her?" Black gestures to the furious, transformed Redspawn.
"Let her come to her senses or burn herself out. Let her die. It's not like any of us are irreplaceable."

Jeriah
2015-11-03, 12:42 PM
I didn't even see the line where it said Eiko was allowed an AoO... :smallfrown:
Standard
Ray of stupidity (Ench)
Cloud of Knives (Conj)
Major Image (Illus)
Power Word Pain (Ench)
Charm Person (Ench)

Bonus Spells

3 - Major Image (Illus)
The ongoing Power Word Pain spell continues to hit the greenspawn. [roll0]

Eiko tumbles down the hallway to G9, attempting to block the spawn from escaping then casts power word pain on the whitespawn.

[roll1]
New Power Word Pain: [roll2] - [roll3] rounds duration.

Jeriah
2015-11-03, 12:43 PM
Forgot the cloud of knives. Attack vs the whitespawn.
[roll0] - [roll1]

Jeriah
2015-11-03, 12:44 PM
[roll0] - [roll1]

nolongerchaos
2015-11-03, 01:59 PM
"My, what a lovely party this has turned into, Your Highness. Any chance you could lend a hand?" Þ says dryly with a glance at Ali. Þ takes a small step to reposition herself, then strikes at the bluespawn.

Þ steps to Z9, hoping to flank with Ali (I won't include flanking in the attack in case Ali doesn't qualify to flank with).
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3], forces DC 13 Fort save vs permanent paralysis if attack hits(if applicable to dragonspawn).

Rizban
2015-11-09, 06:41 PM
Init 5, HP 16/48, DR 10/magic SR 25, Speed 30ft. Fly 60ft. (good)
Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9, Base Attack Bonus +4

Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x2 x3, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Persistent Blade, Nerveskitter

Steeldance (expires this round), Persistent Blade (4)Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. [roll0] - [roll1] (Adding +2, because I'm assuming the whitespawn counts as an Arcanist for Favored Enemy...)

Tsuki's steeldance attacks the transformed redspawn in front of her.
[roll2] - [roll3]
[roll4] - [roll5]

Tsuki attempts to tumble away from the redspawn and crouch behind the bed (N2) as her dancing daggers return to her hands. [roll6]

She then casts her final [roll7] - [roll8].

Nettlekid
2015-11-10, 10:17 AM
I somewhat question Eiko's judgment in abandoning her Sneak Attacking soul partner from a flanking position with what is clearly the greatest threat.

And yes, Ali isn't flanking with Þ because he's hovering.

Also, ugh, I HATE that the Topic Review under a replying post doesn't show the actual rolls. I have to keep jumping back and forth.

"Well I, I would, but such isn't the place, I mean for a host-" he stammers, wavering back and forth in midair.

The Bluespawn roars, its tough hide resisting Þ's punch but limiting its movement enough to leave it open to the ravages of Negative Energy. It is a hardy beast, and manages to resist its muscles being locked. It lowers its horn to Þ's face, and with a bellow lets loose a beam of electric energy directly into the Lich's electric-immune body.

The Whitespawn grits its teeth, scowling to see the Elf tumbling ahead. Its eyes narrow as it fights against the pain in its head, and the blade of force stabs it between the shoulders.
"ALRIGHT, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!" it screeches, changing its stance. Its bonelike armor rattles as its body shakes, its anger pumping up its strength. With practiced and unlikely grace it whirls the rusted chain around itself and lashes out twice at Eiko, then steps forward to close the distance. Both strikes land, dealing a total of 28 damage to her (only 18 after DR).

Seeing his ally rushing into battle, the Blackspawn also jumps into the fray. He starts to move forward but instead of lashing out with his weapon, he launches a glob of vitriolic spit at Eiko. It deals a mere 2 Acid damage, and fortunately Eiko's movement is swift enough that it doesn't blind her.

The rampaging Redspawn in the guise of an Aspect of Tiamat continues to rage. Tsuki's second Steeldance dagger strikes for substantial damage, but her other attacks do not. The Redspawn snaps at the bed with two heads but can't wedge herself behind it well enough to actually get Tsuki, so she instead stomps down on it, crushing it in a flurry of splinters. Tsuki's DR mitigates all damage from the splinters, but the bed no longer provides cover to defend.

nolongerchaos
2015-11-10, 12:53 PM
"Thanks, your Highness." Þ says dryly as she starts trying to scoot around the bluespawn. Moving as far as she dares, Þ again strikes at the brute next to her.

5-foot step to Y8, followed by:
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3].

Rizban
2015-11-16, 03:24 AM
Init 5, HP 16/48, DR 10/magic SR 25, Speed 30ft. Fly 60ft. (good)

Persistent Blade (3)Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. [roll0] - [roll1]

Tsuki attempts to tumble away from the redspawn, moving out of the room, past the black spawn, stopping in G8 (should be exactly 60ft movement) [roll2]

Rizban
2015-11-16, 03:33 AM
[roll0] - [roll1]

Jeriah
2015-11-20, 07:33 AM
Sorry for the slow response. I kind of stopped keeping up with things in this game and didn't realize I'd missed an update.

As to abandoning her flanking partner, I didn't expect Tsuki to stay in the room and figured we'd have better luck where we had more room to maneuver.Standard
Ray of stupidity (Ench)
Cloud of Knives (Conj)
Major Image (Illus)
Power Word Pain (Ench)
Charm Person (Ench)

Bonus Spells

3 - Major Image (Illus)
Ongoing Power Word Pain spell vs the greenspawn. [roll0] (7 rounds remain)
Ongoing Power Word Pain spell vs the whitespawn. [roll1] (5 rounds remain)
Cloud of Knives vs whitespawn. [roll2] - [roll3]+6=10 (final round)

Ignoring her immediate foes for the moment, Eiko shouts to Þ. "Þ! Group up! Lead it this way if it will follow!"

She then tumbles to L10 and casts major image on Þ's space, creating a duplicate on him in the exact space he already occupies, hopefully confusing the bluespawn long enough for Þ to back away and regroup with she and Tsuki and causing it to waste time attacking the image rather than the person.
[roll4]

As a free action, she drops caltrops via the cantrip into the whitespawn's space (H10).

Nettlekid
2015-11-20, 09:08 AM
With the repeated assault from all sides, the Whitespawn's fury extinguishes and it drops to one knee. The Blackspawn remains on guard, taking a step closer to Tsuki, but doesn't rush in to attack yet. The Bluespawn is unharmed by Þ's strike but has its vitality sapped by negative energy. It tries to gore Þ, but targets the illusion in Þ's place instead.

The greatest concern is the Redspawn, in furious Aspect of Tiamat form, thrashing in the room. Three of her five heads have forced their way through the door, snapping at Eiko but falling just a little short. The bulk of her body looks like it's about to take the wall down.

nolongerchaos
2015-11-20, 11:58 AM
"'Lead it this way,' uh huh, sure, that'll go well. First masks, now monsters. Some party this has turned out to be. Okay, on it!" Þ mutters to herself, then shouts to Eiko. With a slight shrug, Þ ducks away from her illusory double and attempts to flee the bluespawn. Stopping short near Eikabooboo, Þ takes brief notice of a woman who, based on her appearance, she can only assume is a goddess of some sort before starting at the sight of the Aspect of Tiamat tearing through the wall. ""Um, no. Down dragon. Bad dragon.
What in the world have you two gotten yourselves into?!" Þ shouts as she launches a shard of wood at the Aspect of Tiamat.

Þ will move to O9, giving an AoO as she moves through soooo many threatened squares, followed by a [roll0],[roll1].

Alas, we're too poorly positions for a good ol' entangle

Rizban
2015-11-23, 01:51 AM
Init 5, HP 16/48, DR 10/magic, SR 25, Speed 30ft. Fly 60ft. (good)

Persistent Blade (2)Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. [roll0] - [roll1]

Tsuki flushes bright red at Þ's question.

"Nothing... It wasn't my fault! They just showed up, burst into my room, and attacked without cause!"

Tsuki attempts to defensively cast steeldance on the two +1 daggers she holds. [roll2]
If successful, the two daggers strike at the blackspawn adjacent to her, then she 5-ft. steps to F9 and draws a mundane dagger.
[roll3] - [roll4]
[roll5] - [roll6]
Instead she merely 5-ft. steps to F9 and prepares for the worst.

Rizban
2015-11-23, 01:52 AM
Init 5, HP 16/48, DR 10/magic, SR 25, Speed 30ft. Fly 60ft. (good)

Persistent Blade (2)Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. [roll0] - [roll1]

Tsuki flushes bright red at Þ's question.

"Nothing... It wasn't my fault! They just showed up, burst into my room, and attacked without cause!"

Tsuki attempts to defensively cast steeldance on the two +1 daggers she holds. [roll2]
If successful, the two daggers strike at the blackspawn adjacent to her, then she 5-ft. steps to F9 and draws a mundane dagger
[roll3] - [roll4]
[roll5] - [roll6]

Jeriah
2015-11-25, 12:59 AM
Standard
Ray of stupidity (Ench)
Cloud of Knives (Conj)
Major Image (Illus)
Power Word Pain (Ench)
Charm Person (Ench)

Bonus Spells

3 - Major Image (Illus)
Ongoing Power Word Pain spell vs the greenspawn. [roll0] (6 rounds remain)
Ongoing Power Word Pain spell vs the whitespawn. [roll1] (4 rounds remain)

Noticing the lack of speech and general stupid behavior of the bluespawn, Eiko runs to Q9 and targets the bluespawn with a [roll2] - [roll3] Intelligence damage.

Nettlekid
2015-12-01, 02:55 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize everyone had posted.

The Bluespawn starts to sway, and then collapses. It seems like its mind is completely gone right now.

Another creature whose mind is gone is the Redspawn. The bulk of its body presses against the wall, and brings the stone crumbling down, directly onto the Blackspawn who is crushed beneath the rubble. It tries to struggle free, but it's pinned. The Redspawn has lost control of itself, whirling heads now snapping at one another and biting into its own neck. The Whitespawn sighs, feeling its mind pierced by the echoes of the word.
"We've lost."
The Redspawn finally uses its trump card, the breath weapon of the Aspect of Tiamat, but with its necks clamped by its own heads the breath can't vent. The Wanderers watch in horror as each head is consumed from within by a different element from the beast's gullet - the flesh of the red head cracking in the cold, the blue and the white blistering and boiling before rotting off in acid, the black stiffening bolt straight as lethal lightning courses through it, and the green swelling and then exploding violently as its toxic gas is set alight. It's this last burst which incinerates the whole beast's body, frying the Blackspawn trapped underneath. The remaining flesh of the Aspect crumbles away, revealing little more than the mangled corpse of the Redspawn within.

nolongerchaos
2015-12-01, 06:44 PM
Without her soul, Þ struggles not to simply kill the Whitespawn outright.
Instead she looks at the corpses littering the hall and says lightly to him, "We are willing to accept your unconditional surrender.

How badly are you injured? I can heal you if you are hurt." she adds to her companions.

Assuming the negative energy from the Lich's touch attack is sufficient for self healing, Þ will begin mending her own wounds, and will then cast Lesser Vigor on whichever allies speak up about injuries.
Also, I intentionally chose not to roll Intimidate.

Jeriah
2015-12-02, 03:17 PM
Unfortunately, power word pain can not be dismissed.
The greenspawn takes [roll0] damage over the next 6 rounds.
The whitespawn takes [roll1] damage over the next 4 rounds.

Eiko silently moves back to Tsuki's side.

Nettlekid
2015-12-02, 09:09 PM
"Accept my surrender? How gracious of you, when I did not offer it. We lost. In this, you spare me only from a worse fate. At least I do not fear death, as I know what lies behind it. My superiors, on the other hand..." the Whitespawn whispers. Its eyes look empty, and strained against the migraine within its skull.
"I'm sure you have questions. Unfortunately, I think our time is...up."
It gives only a small shudder, and then its muscles relax fully, collapsing into a heap atop the caltrops. The bestial Bluespawn gives shallow, irregular breaths in its coma, but apart from that, all is still.

"Well!" Ali remarks, cutting the silence after the pause. THAT could have gone poorly! Ahahahaha! But well, all's well that ends well, am I right? I am right, of course! Ahahahaha! It looks like I chose the right people for the job! Well not the job, a job. Or well, that's not to say there's a job, which there isn't, as you were invited here simply as guests and for no other reason, ahahaha! And as guests, you shouldn't be forced to deal with troubles like these, oh no no no! I'll get the staff the clean the hallways, clear the bodies, and rustle up some diamonds for whoever these wicked folks killed along the way. They'll be on their feet before the tiramisu comes out! Yes, that should do. Was there anything else you needed before we put this whole thing behind us?"

nolongerchaos
2015-12-04, 01:17 PM
Alarmed that they appear to be losing their only intelligent source of information, and more concerned about its fate than the prattle of their thus far highly unhelpful and uninformative host, Þ rushes forward and casts Lesser Vigor and CMiW (repeatedly) on the whitespawn in attempt to keep it alive.

nolongerchaos
2015-12-12, 06:14 PM
Realizing her efforts are in vain, Þ stops trying to save the whitespawn. She hesitates for a moment, then begins searching the bodies of the assailants, looking for anything that might give a clue as to their motives or allegiance. She also pointedly has chosen to not yet respond to Ali.

Þ will take 20 looking for tattoos, (un)holy symbols, possibly even actual notes or letters, etc. She is however definitively not looting the bodies. This isn't exactly the time or place.

Jeriah
2015-12-15, 02:45 AM
Eiko walks back towards Tsuki.

"Oh, I thought we were supposed to do the job. It's too bad there isn't one for us to do. Right, Tsuki?"

Nettlekid
2016-01-02, 12:09 PM
With the threat of these insane dragonspawn neutralized, the party returns to the ballroom and engages in festivities. The corpses of the four deceased dragonspawn are rounded up, while the Bluespawn is summarily executed and mounted as a trophy. The rest of the weekend is filled with glorious entertainment, be it storytelling competitions using Major Images to add to the scene, or wine and mead tastings which featured drinks from the homelands of all different races. The atmosphere is cordial, classy but casual, and everyone agreed that Ali was an absolutely wonderful host. At the end of the weekend each guest receives a gift bag which contains the snacks they most preferred from the party, a classy Spellsink Scarab, and a Personal Oasis. As a show of gratitude for dealing with that weird dragon terrorist thing, Ali informs the Wanderers that their Personal Oases also function as a Flying Carpet when the Oasis isn't actually active. Smiling, with just a hint of trepidation behind the grin, he waves goodbye to his many guests as they begin their trek back to wherever they've come from.

Mission Complete?