PDA

View Full Version : The Twin'd Souls (Deity)

Jaguira
2007-05-18, 05:14 PM
Tahlang and Fir'ethi
The Goldenshadow; The Twin'd Souls
Lesser God and Goddess (Lawful and Chaotic Good)
When a Paladin finds her temper tested by an annoying companion, or a Rogue struggles to understand the apparnt close-mindedness of a Lawful Good ally, the names of Tahlang and Fir'ethi are often envoked.
Tahlang appears as a handsome, golden haired Tiefling with prominent goat horns and devil's tail garbed in shining silver armor. His sister, Fir'ethi, is a sabled-headed Aasimar with laughing, silver eyes dressed in a cloak and clothes darker then the night sky. The two invariably appear together.
Also called the Goldenshadow or the Twin'd Souls, Tahlang and Fir'ethi represent the temporary reconciliation of ethical differences in the name of the common good. Although the Goldenshadow don't condone the abandoning of personal ideals in order to get a task done, they reconize the occasional need to compromise. They also teach that forcing your point of veiw or style of fighting on another is not only useless, but harmful; a Rogue may be able to pick locks, but they cannot survive in mele' combat. Conversely, a Paladin can rarely detect or disarm traps, but is able to cleave the heads of multiple enemies in a heartbeat.

Portfolio: Teamwork, ballance, Paladins, rebels, diplomacy

Domains: Good, Community, Protection, Trickery

Cleric Training: Clerics of Tahlang and Fir'ethi are frequently diplomats between races whose ethical outlooks greatly differ, such as Elves and Dwarves. A select few clerics of the Goldenshadow travel the lands, teaching the importance of teamwork and compromise in the name of good.

Quests: Worshipers of the Twin'd Souls rarely set out on quests in the name of the deity; instead, they look to Tahlang and Fir'ethi for guidance when a quest they are on would benifit from, or even require it.

Prayers: Prayers to the Twin'd Souls often seem more like grousings then prayers. They frequently ask for the strength of will to uphold the Paladin Code in the face of frustrating and persistant companions, or for enough good humor to get through another day spent with the stricter of allies. There are also times, however, when the prayers to The Goldenshadow are of a more serious tone, asking for insight and understanding of the ways of the worshiper's compaions, so that they may undergo their task as quickly and efficiantly as possible.

Shrines: Most shrines to the Goldenshadow are small and easily missed by those not searching for them, usually consisting of nothing more then a hollow in a tree or hole in a wall containing items such as potions or scrolls to aid future heroes. Paladins working with Rogues or rebels to overthrow a tyrant or overcome a great adversary frequently construct them at the site of a victorious battle to honor the Twin'd Souls, or pray with their companions at a previously constructed shrine in order to build teamwork and understanding.

Rites: Clerics of Tahlang and Fir'ethi bless alliances and aid travelers that ask them for help. Occasionally, they will bless a new Paladin or Rogue when they first begin their training or entrance into an organization.

Herald and Allies: A 20th level Tiefling Paladin and an Aasimar 10th level Rogue/10th level Shadow Dancer serve as the Twin'd Souls' heralds, and their allies include Couatl, Celestial Unicorns, and Leonals. Tahlang and Fir'ethi frequently send various Good-alligned Magical Beasts as planar allies, contrary to the spell description.

Favored Weapon: Greatsword and Dagger.

Holy Symbol: The Holy Symbol of Tahlang and Fir'ethi is that of a golden greatsword, its blade wrapped by a silvery shadow.

Green Bean
2007-05-18, 05:23 PM
Well, it's about time there were gods for this sort of thing. It happens often enough. :smallbiggrin:

Jaguira
2007-05-18, 07:47 PM
I bet Roy would be their most fervent follower xD

Green Bean
2007-05-19, 02:26 AM
I bet Roy would be their most fervent follower xD

:roy: Dear Tahlang, please help me get through just one day without Elan bugging me about something totally pointless,

:elan: Dear Fir'ethi, do you know if dire beavers still build dams? Oh, I know, I'll ask Roy over and over until he tells me!

Jaguira
2007-05-19, 08:57 AM
It's when I read posts like those that I wish there was a "rofl" smiley :smallbiggrin:

Jaguira
2007-05-21, 08:24 PM
Aw. No constructive crititism? Or however that word is spelled?

DracoDei
2007-05-21, 08:34 PM
I wish I could come up with something meaningful... Actually now that I think about it it sounds like the sort of thing that would see a lot of "Twin'd Souls help me!" type prayers, and maybe serving as marriage councilors a lot, besides the diplomatic functions you mention, since it highlights a key aspect of party dynamics I would think it would be a boon to the "deeper" sorts of roleplayers, which is something many strive to encourage... Aasimar and Teiflings embody good and evil, not law and chaos though... there is a different set of outsiders with law and chaos in their veins, can't remember the names now.

Jaguira
2007-05-22, 07:01 AM
I used an Aasimar and Tiefling because their favored classes are Paladin and Rogue, respectively, and thought it would be fun to turn that around. Thanks though! I'm deffinately going to look into it, first chance I get.

Matthew
2007-05-24, 04:05 PM
This is pretty good. I'm not sure if I can offer anything by way of constructive criticism, though. So, I will ask a question, why Golden Shadow?

Jaguira
2007-05-25, 03:47 PM
I really have no idea o_o I suppose I was just thinking of a name that would show light within shadow, or something like that. And I think it sounds cool, too xD;

Poppatomus
2007-05-25, 04:11 PM
I think it's brilliant. I would say that it would be fascinating if you made a domaing for them, say the understanding domain, or the peace domain. Something that would let clerics cast calm emotions once per day as a supernatural ability, or perhaps silence?

nick012000
2007-05-25, 11:00 PM
I'd say the community domain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/domains.htm#communityDomain) would be a good match for them.

DracoDei
2007-05-25, 11:08 PM
That fits.

Jaguira
2007-05-27, 06:07 PM
Holy crap! I didn't know that was a domain... I should've looked into this a lot more ^_^; Thank you very much!

DracoDei
2007-05-27, 09:06 PM
Finally looked up those two Planetouched I mentioned earlier in my 3.0 edition MMII. The chaotic ones are Chaond's, their favored class is whichever one they take at first level. Chaond's have Slaadi ancestry, and their hair, eyes or skin slowly change colors. The Lawful ones are Zenythri, their favored class is monk. The Outsiders whose ancestry lead to the Zenythri can only be guessed at (something may have been added in 3.5 which would make more definite answers).

Jaguira
2007-05-28, 05:35 PM
Thank you very much!! I'm going to think a bit about changing it, however, before I do anything. I have a horrible tiefling fettish xD;;