PDA

View Full Version : Epic Party fighting an epic dragon

Max Caysey
2015-09-29, 08:04 AM
Hellow fellow scriborinos....

Im gonna host a one time adventure, with a bunch on epic characters... and they are facing a dragon...

Here is the party mixup.

Human Fighter (Dual Wielder/Melee DPS)

Dwarven Fighter (Tank)

Human Paladin (Melee DPS)

Elven Figher (Archer/Ranged DPS)

Asimar Cleric (Healbot)

Human Rogue (Skillmonkey)

Human Bard (Inspire Courage buffer)

Star Elf Sorcerer (Arcane DPS)

Human Wizard (What ever is needed)

Now I know this is much, and with cheese they only need på be the WIzard for them to win any fight, but they are not doing abusive stuff, just high numbers and powerful PrC and such. Boring perhaps, but we like it.

Now what I need is, 20 levels of classes for my dragon and one or two good templates.... nothing in terms of theme is set in stone yet, so any ideas are great!!!

Thanks

Aharon
2015-09-29, 08:23 AM
Hellow fellow scriborinos....

Im gonna host a one time adventure, with a bunch on epic characters... and they are facing a dragon...

Here is the party mixup.

Human Fighter (Dual Wielder/Melee DPS)

Dwarven Fighter (Tank)

Human Paladin (Melee DPS)

Elven Figher (Archer/Ranged DPS)

Asimar Cleric (Healbot)

Human Rogue (Skillmonkey)

Human Bard (Inspire Courage buffer)

Star Elf Sorcerer (Arcane DPS)

Human Wizard (What ever is needed)

Now I know this is much, and with cheese they only need på be the WIzard for them to win any fight, but they are not doing abusive stuff, just high numbers and powerful PrC and such. Boring perhaps, but we like it.

Now what I need is, 20 levels of classes for my dragon and one or two good templates.... nothing in terms of theme is set in stone yet, so any ideas are great!!!

Thanks

This is too little information to give you any advice. For example, it would be useful to know the class levels of the characters and what you want the result of the fight to be. A great wyrm time dragon with 20 levels of sorcerer, the paragon template and the pseudonatural template would probably wreck your party, unless they are very high in the epic levels. A mature adult white dragon with 20 warblade levels, the phrenic and the half-fiend templates might be an ok challenge for the characters - you have simply given too little information to know.

Max Caysey
2015-10-04, 10:16 AM
Indeed...

They are all level 30.

The Dual wielder is a 30 level fighter, taken feats to improve his dual wielding and damage and to hit.
The dwarf fighter is level 20 fighter 10 dvarven defender with feats to improve AC and to hit
The Paladin is a mix of a lot of different prc whitch improveshis Leadership (he sucks in combat)
The Rogue 30 rogue is just a mix of skills... suck in combat
The Cleric is level 20 cleric 10 Radiant Servant of Pelor (Only caster, no combat (coistered)) (((Healbot)))
The Bard has maxed Insprire courage +21 otherwise sucks
The Sorcerere is a 20 sorc, 10 Primordial Sorcerer 3rd party pretty op when it comes to fighting other arcane
The Wizard is Gandalf. But does not do loops or abuse. Just buffs controls and blasts.
The elf archer is level 30 fighter who is mazed in attack and damage.

No epic magic and no epic enchants (except for the Palasins sword, which is Holy Power)

I hope this helps

The game is goint to run from friday afternoon to saturday night/sunday morning.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-10-04, 12:13 PM
All this cool info, and all I can think of is "I wonder what a dragon with 20 levels of bard would look like. Or ranger. Or monk..."

DMVerdandi
2015-10-04, 02:25 PM
Give the dragon the spell hoarding template from Dragon 313.

It changes the casting of a dragon from sorcerer to wizard

Make it a Mature Adult red dragon

Take the Metabreath feats.

Take the Half-dragon form feat

Take the true strength feat

Class levels are Incantatrix 10/Prestige bard 2/Virtuoso 8

Sweet jesus.

atemu1234
2015-10-04, 02:55 PM
Give the dragon the spell hoarding template from Dragon 313.

It changes the casting of a dragon from sorcerer to wizard

Make it a Mature Adult red dragon

Take the Metabreath feats.

Take the Half-dragon form feat

Take the true strength feat

Class levels are Incantatrix 10/Prestige bard 2/Virtuoso 8

Sweet jesus.

... Yes. Just yes.