PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural on the CW, your thoughts?

Sereneprophet
2007-05-18, 07:07 PM
Well I just finished watching the finale, and all I can say is Damn.

This is probably one of the best Occult oriented shows ever placed on television. Stereotypical oogie boogies are rare, and the writing is pretty damn good in my opinion. The various relationships between characters are well fleshed out, again in my opinion, and there doesn't seem to be many "Yeah Right" moments, save for the ease at which they are able to escape various law enforcement, and not get easily caught.

Plus, this show probably has one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard, out of the many shows I've watched in my 20 years. Plus, I mean, with a car like Dean's, how the hell can you NOT love this show :P

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-19, 09:30 AM
I've been watching Supernatural on ITV2 over here, and we've still got a way to go before the finale. I tried to watch it when it started, but got turned off by the ease with which I guessed an early monster. I came back to it and I think it's great, even if I am in the minority of its' audience that tune in for the creepy mysteries rather than the two main actors...

I thought that the trickster episode last week was one of the best since I'm a fan of monster-of-the-week format shows. I'm not as interested when it messes about with psychic powers and that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I love that car...

Holy_Knight
2007-05-19, 01:33 PM
Plus, this show probably has one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard, out of the many shows I've watched in my 20 years. Plus, I mean, with a car like Dean's, how the hell can you NOT love this show :P

Yeah, they get mad props for playing "Carry On Wayward Son" during the recap before the finale. Best Song Ever.

Other than that, I only recently started actually watching any of the episodes, but I've liked them. The first full one I watched was the one with the haunted movie set, which was pretty good, and even funny. I keep wanting it to be Jared Padalecki instead of Jensen Ackles whose name is "Dean", though, since that was the name of his character on Gilmore Girls. (It would have been ridiculously hysterical if that had been a spinoff :smalltongue: )

Jerthanis
2007-05-19, 03:31 PM
I keep wanting it to be Jared Padalecki instead of Jensen Ackles whose name is "Dean", though, since that was the name of his character on Gilmore Girls. (It would have been ridiculously hysterical if that had been a spinoff :smalltongue: )

This actually bothered me a bit too. People keep saying "Dean" and I keep looking at Rori's first boyfriend for the reaction. If it were a spinoff that'd've been absolutely brilliant. Rori's over there having quirky dialogue while Dean is saving the world from ghosts and vampires and... whatever else.

I'm a staunch watcher of TV on DVD, since I hate commercials and waiting an entire week or more for the next episode, so I haven't seen much of this on TV, but I've seen enough to know I'm interested in picking up the DVDs when they get cheaper.

The best supernatural show I've seen is Millennium, and I don't know if anything's going to be that good, but Supernatural is entertaining and well written it seems.