PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Wisdom based Face character [Pathfinder]

Vhaidara
2015-09-29, 11:35 AM
So, one of the combos I found early in my pathfinder career was combining the Conversion Inquisition (Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate are Wis-based instead of Cha) with the infiltrator archetype (add Wis to Bluff and Diplomacy). This allowed me to make a character who functioned as a face with a Wis of 22 and a Cha of 5 (werewolf game, so we all had +2 Wis/-2 Cha after normal racials). Now, for that particular character, I just played her like a high Cha character. She honestly would have made more sense as one, but inquisitor was perfect mechanically, and the sheer levels of synergy were too good.

But now I find myself wondering: how would others in the playground roleplay a face character, with higher Bluff and Diplomacy mods than most Cha based faces, who had absolutely dumped Cha beyond recognition? How would you roleplay the Face of Wisdom?

Grod_The_Giant
2015-10-07, 07:37 PM
Option a: The Sage. You're quiet and don't project yourself much, but your words are so clever and insightful and just, you know, wise that even your enemies stop to listen.

Option b: Wormtongue. You're slimy and gross and generally unlikable, but you know EXACTLY what to say to get people to make them do what you want.

Geddy2112
2015-10-08, 09:18 AM
Wise people know it is better to listen than to speak. Let your opponents do the talking-they will set themselves up to be swayed by your incredible insight.

Fouredged Sword
2015-10-08, 09:22 AM
You understand people on a deep level. You have the wisdom to see all the right levers to pull to ensure they do as you wish.

Ellowryn
2015-10-08, 09:35 AM
High wisdom but low charisma? Play him like an old school sherlock (Rathbone i believe his name was, the one from decades ago), be quiet and contemplative almost to the point of being surly yet offer insights and connotations to turn the situation to your advantage.