PDA

View Full Version : 5e Monk/Bard Items

Shojiteru
2015-09-29, 12:36 PM
So this is my first time doing this and I hope that they aren't too much. I made these to give to a monk and a ranger bard, just not sure on what rarity they should have.

Robes of Defense
+3 AC and +2 Saving Throws
Uncommon cloak gives saving throw and ac so upping the rarity should boost saving throw too.

Saah of Power
+3 Unarmed Strikes and 1d6 Lightning damage
The +3 shouldn't be magical because it would be redundant but if they have to be magical, okay. The extra shouldn't be too bad. At level 5, the damage would equal that of Flame tongue so it shouldn't be too bad.

Cloud walking shoes
Flying speed equal to walking speed. Uses 1 minute increments. 1 hour usage per long rest.
These are based off boots of speed and winged boots so should be okay.

Now for the bards stuff.

Sharpshooter's Eyes
See tiny creatures up to 600' away.
Longbow and sharpshooter or oathbound expect you to see this far but eyes of the eagle and barbarian feature show that ling distance vision isn't possible so not sure if these are needed or not.

Horde Quiver
Holds 250 arrows
For the horder to go into dungeons and not carry multiple quivers for the long stay down there.

Harp of Shooting
Just +3 longbow that can be used as a harp, or a harp that can be used as a longbow.

So what should I do to fix these and what level should these be giving these out?

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-29, 01:18 PM
Ninja_Prawn's Interplanar Valuation Services strikes again!

Robes of Defense +3
Very Rare, requires attunement.

Saah of Power +3
Very Rare, requires attunement by a monk.

Cloud Walking Shoes
Uncommon, requires attunement. But I'm not happy about it.

Sharpshooter's Eyes
Uncommon.

Horde Quiver
Common. Remember that 'horde' and 'hoard' are different words with different meanings. The ranger uses his hoard of ammunition to kill the horde of goblins.

Harp of Shooting +3
Very Rare, requires attunement.

Quite a lot of stuff here. Enough to go from level 1 to 15, in my opinion (assuming you give out a few single-use magic items now and then).

Shojiteru
2015-09-29, 01:36 PM
Thanks alot. The items are meant to be what they use throughout the entire campaign. Figured by level 20, they would have each earned all of those items.
Luckily for the fighter and wizard they have enough items to pick from they're happy without needing to have items homebrewed.