PDA

View Full Version : Time of the Orcs (IC)

BelGareth
2015-09-29, 03:01 PM
It was another miserable day in the highlands, the dew of the morning collected on top of the heavy fog, as if there wasn’t already enough water all over the place, it needed to bead on everything and hang in the air like a heavy blanket, just to make life even worse.

The sun attempted to shine through the morning fog, barely able to diffuse through the thick white mist, allowing you to see as you make your way through the camp.

It was an odd camp, having been hidden in the valley between two warring clans, who seemed to revere and respect this valley so as never to touch it. Off limits as it were.

Warriors did dot the village, but they were not warriors, dedicated to the killing and defending of their village, no, these were orcs, as all orcs were warriors. These were something else, akin to caretakers, they wore old ceremonial weapons, things with garrish orc runes, ancient things that made the modern orc raise an eyebrow.

They ignored you and your entourage as you walked through the open village to the center, where a large permanent cabin stood, its large doors reaching the peaked shingle roof, horses, wolves, spiders and giants decorated the wood frame. You could tell it was old, older than any building you have ever seen, which is odd. Orc buildings were not known for their longevity. But it makes sense being nestled between two tribes who…protected the valley?

Strange.

They offered no resistance to you and your kin, actually, they had no problems with your arrival, known chieftains, rivals and competition to the constant clan warring, arriving on their doorstep, and allowing you through. As if they knew to let you in. As if they knew you were coming.

Indeed, you were invited by a missive, a message of hope, one that spoke to you, spoke to the future of Orcdom, of the orc people, and you listened, heeded it, who else would have done so, if any at all?

The question was answered as you moved through the village, seeing others walking alone, and others with a small entourage of smaller orcs, like yourself. Clearly, powerful and great orcs alike, something great was on the edge of happened, the precipice of something monumental was upon you.

Pushing onto the large door, it creaks open and you step into a large hallway, with a table in the center surrounded by large thick trunks as pillars, smoke lazily drifting up to the rafters.

The table has benches all along it, and at the head sits a large wooden chair with an old wizened looking orc sitting atop the dais.

The others move into the hall:

A large wrinkled orc stands next to you. His flesh sags and is covered with scars and pox. His hair, withered and dirty, clings to his flesh. The orc's large body is only moderately covered in a strange array of rags, and his darkened skin is tattooed with ancient symbols that few would even understand. He speaks in an ancient dialect, though fluently.

Grahh's facial features are feral and overstated. His faded eyes seem to stare right through you with an empty hunger though for what you can not tell. On his side hangs what appears to be a broken tree branch with a large dagger slid through it. The top is covered with dried blood, and you wonder the horrors that this makeshift weapon has inflicted.

The lights flickered, and turned green; the lights often turned green when Acheron was on the prowl. Out of thin air, the hulking man appeared, viridian flames dancing around his fists. Around his waist was slung a bag, he wore tattered pants and finally he had a baldric with a greatsword strapped to his back; blackened steel with red dyed runes etched into it. He had nothing else with him, and he was not known to be seen with any other possessions.

From that bag emerged a fuzzy creature, whom Acheron scratched absentmindedly. "I greet you, chieftain. I am Acheron, the one they call The Feltouched, and I have come here to entreat you on behalf of the Frostmoon clan."

The epitome of an orcish warrior, Bulgan stands well over 6 feet tall in shining plate and shield bearing the mark of the tribe he belongs to: The Tribe of the Broken Arrow. He carries with him over one shoulder a gigantic gleaming black blade that looks like it could cut through anything, much less a man. The pack he carries looks almost small between his broad shoulders.His hair is kept long, but is well groomed, and he bears no facial hair. Bulgan's tusks barely protrude, giving him a look that is more palatable to the other demi-humans than the average orc.

There are faint vibrations from outside, as though some large creature were walking through the camp. The vibrations stop, with a slight hissing of sand, as two sand golems stop short of the entrance.

An orc with glowing green eyes and dry, leathery salt-flecked skin walks in, seemingly energetic despite how the skin is pulled tight over his bones. Obviously magical items adorn his head, neck, and hands, and he's followed by a pair of cloth-wrapped undead that also glitter with salt.

Ogroth appears quite different to most orcs. Whereas other grey orcs have grey skin, and tend to be considered ugly by other races, Ogroth has earth-brown skin and would be considered quite handsome even by members of other races. His eyes are his other notable feature, since they are black and look like twin chips of obsidian. He wears nothing but simple leather clothes and furs for warmth, and he carries not only no weapons but nothing else at all. He doesn't even carry a backpack or bad to carry food or water. He has a deep, resonant voice with a pleasing timbre, and there is a very keen set to his eyes that makes it clear that he is highly intelligent.

A slight figure draped in a hooded fur cape entered the hut just behind the warriors. He did not speak for a moment, allowing the others to present themselves before the chieftain. When it appeared that they had finished, the figure removed the hood.

The being that stood before them was definitely of orcish blood, but it was different. Fiery crystals seemed to form a crown, growing in place of hair on his scalp. A prominent brow cast shadows obscuring maroon eyes that glowed with power. There was no recognizable nose upon his face and mouth seemed to be but a line across the pale skin, no lips to speak of.

He carried no armor. No weapons save a gauntlet that appears to be of the same crystal growing from his scalp. He offered a bow, bringing the gauntlet up to his chest as he does. The scar on his neck produced a harsh whisper of a voice when he spoke.

"Urak, of the Blackhand."

As the others usher in, one comes in their midst who is massive, obviously a half breed by his size and the horns protruding from his head with muscles bulging in a grotesque fashion. Besides his forearm guards he is wears no armor. His green skin is covered in numerous scars, some from battle and others carrying runes of power. Large, feathered wings protrude from his back and and clawed, demonic red hands show signs of modifications and grafts. While he scowls and sneers at the others, he sees the chieftain he goes to one knee before him as he reaches back and pulls out a huge great axe, bows his head and offers up his axe. "Great Chief, Zunkgul, known as the Mighty, of the Scorpion Venom clan, has answered your summons. I am the strong arm that swings the axe where you direct." with that he stands and puts his axe back and moves back to the rest, waiting to find out why he and the others have been summoned.

The last warrior to enter stands tall, a slight glow surrounding his form. His form is covered head to toe in jet black armor, which would be simple if not for the many, many eye-like gems which stud it haphazardly. The gems seem to scan the room, fixing on each of its inhabitants with unnerving focus. The warrior's face cannot be seen, hidden behind a mask made of the same material as the rest of the armor, with a single, larger eye-gem set in its middle. Around the warrior's head circle a great many stones, each of which glows with its own power. Through the door, you catch the brief flash of golden fur. Despite the very heavy-looking armor, the warrior moves silently to his place in the circle. Strapped to his back is a length of bone white wood, which ends in a point of pure, shining sunlight. The warrior removes his mask, revealing the ashen gray face of an older half-orc. The face is scarred, and those with experience with the tool recognize the marks as having come from a whip. He smiles, looking around the circle, and bows ever so slight. He does not speak. This is Darag Sunstroke, leader of the Bright Sky tribe, the Green Spear tribe, the Cragjumper tribe, and the Fangshield tribe, the Light in the Dark.

From the chair on the dais, the old orc shifts and you see his face in the beam of light that is shining in from outside, his face is old and grizzled, ancient even. He has a raised eyebrow, and his beard is long and grey. He looks to be the oldest orc you have ever seen, but still strong enough to hold himself up. He has a strange pallor to his skin, and small horns that protrude in a circle from his skull. The look is strange and disconcerting, and several of you raise eyebrows as something flitters through your mind…it seems…as if you’ve seen this old orc before, but not….and then it dawns on you.

This orc is one of the FirstOrcs.

One of the first Orcs to have walked the earth, walked with the very gods on the eve of creation.

It all makes sense, why the other clans have been protecting this village, why everyone and everything is centered around this one Elder Orc. Only this orc could foster such relationships and loyalty, only this orc could bring together warring clans.

He leans forward and speaks “Come forward, I have something for you all to do.” he speaks with an ancient voice, gravely, but with veritas and power.

“It is past time that we as a people show the world we are more than monsters in the night, we as a people need to throw off the shackles of our oppressors, we must show them we are united.” he pauses for a moment, which lasts a little longer than normal “That we CAN be united.” he says, with extra emphasis. “You all.” he points with a shaky, ancient hand “Are the chosen emissaries of our people. Go, go to the halls of the dwarves and let them tremble at our combined might.” He points towards the valley of Nothing, the forbidden place for all to go. “Go” he says, with a heavy finality.

razorback
2015-09-29, 05:05 PM
As the others ponder the First Orcs words, Zunkgul's eyes narrow and a smile crosses his face. "As you say" he says, a rumbling that vibrates and speaks of pleasure "so shall Zunkgul and any else who heed your words will so do. Any who stand against those words shall fall, crying and broken, with the sound of thunder in their ears as the tides of time bring forth the People to their appointed place in this world."
With that the orc from the desert clan bows low at his waist, the proceeds to walk out of the lodge, feeling the moisture on his face, a good omen to his people, as he beats fist against his chest and waits for any others to join him before setting off.

Mishkov
2015-09-29, 10:20 PM
Grahh bows his head slightly in reverence of the FirstOrcs. He had met him before and had similar deference to his elder. Grahh did not understand though. Why now, how are they to go...he would be respectful, but he needed more. This had been tried before in ancient history, there was a reason the valley was forbidden.

"I am a weapon as you command, Elder. I have fashioned myself to slay since that battle we both remember in ancient history. But if you can help guide this weapon to our foes, why now and shall we move with an army united by a great Chief of all the clans or are we to go as eight to see what we can see?" Such questioning was not like him, but the shaman had strong opinions on the matter and would like guidance.

darklink_shadow
2015-09-29, 10:48 PM
Before such a being, the rest of the assembled party were children. Acheron knew that to be true as he bowed gracefully. "They will know fear and pain before they know death."

It did not seem like there was any point in further detail or prolonged conversation, and so Acheron turned and left immediately, his fists still crackling with an emerald flame.

Starmage21
2015-09-30, 01:48 PM
Bulgan speaks, dropping his greatsword from his shoulder down to rest the tip in the dirt, and resting an arm on it.

"Many challenges I have faced before, many challenges the Broken Arrow tribe has faced before. All challenges, we chose or were forced upon us."

Bulgan picks up his sword, leveling it steadily at the old orc using only a single hand

"To simply do as you command, I will not. Bulgan Khougat will be known as king of ALL orcs. I do this, to that end. I will show the tribes that Bulgan Khougat has the strength to rule."

He throws the blade back onto his shoulder, waiting for the response of others.

darklink_shadow
2015-09-30, 02:32 PM
On his way out, Acheron heard the fool Bulgan's words and snorted derisively. Nobody would follow a fool so disrespectful as he; one who would refuse a command by an Elder Orc. But when he dared point his blade at the ancient one, Acheron would not stand for it. Swiftly drawing his own blade, he pointed it at the offensive orc.

"Fool. Do you know to whom you speak? No orc with an ounce of worth will follow you now. You cannot draw on an Elder. Apologize, and if he deigns to forgive you, you make walk free. This entire camp is here to protect this orc, and you point steel at him? You are a leader of worms. No true orc would call you king."

Acheron was ready for bloodshed, and so much sooner in the day than he had expected.

Deadguy
2015-09-30, 02:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZeTWuAi.jpg?1
Urak Blackhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=554849)

"Peace, brothers." The harsh whisper escaped from the thin one. "You only prove the Eldest's point with this bickering."

His maroon eyes addressed the one known as Feltouched. "Do you believe that if the Eldest found offense or challenge in this one's actions, he or his guards would not have already acted?"

He then turned his attention to the defiant one. "Regardless of the reason, you still do this thing. The statement was for no purpose other than to boast. If you ever hope to lead all the tribes, it would be good to learn the value of silence."

After speaking, he turned back toward the Eldest. "Apologies for my outburst, esteemed one. I must further inquire to the nature of our mission. Do we simply seek to bring ruin to the oppressors or are there further reaching goals in mind?"

M CN Phrenic Desert Half-Orc Psion, Level 22, Init 8, HP 233/79, DR 10/epic & ada, Speed 30
AC 42, Touch 36, Flat-footed 39, Fort 21, Ref 25, Will 31, Base Attack Bonus 11
Crystal Gauntlet +8 (1d4-1, 20/x2)
Force Armor (+11 Armor, +3 Dex, +5 Deflect, +6 Natural, +7 Misc)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 24, Int 36, Wis 16, Cha 18
Condition None

darklink_shadow
2015-09-30, 04:00 PM
Acheron sheathed his blade with an approving grunt. "Well said, Blackhand. I suppose not."

J-H
2015-09-30, 05:00 PM
Ogadai the Brown

Ogadai speaks with a dry rasp, like sand being blown across stone by a dry wind. "I thought I was among the oldest, but I have learned something new to remember this day." He smiles briefly, stretching his tight, salt-crusted skin even further. "A good day."

"I would hear your history of things long forgotten, if you have time and breath."

"This small group may, perhaps, be united, yet the tribes are many." His head tilts. "Do you propose to be our uniter, or will we claim unity before the other races while not having it? We may attack the stone-dwellers, but they will attack us in return, and..." He blinks slowly, his glowing eyes disappearing for a moment behind glittering eyelids. "...and the tribes will unite to fight the dwarven invaders." Ogadai gives a (literally) dry chuckle.

What's in the Valley of Nothing? What is known? Why is it forbidden?
Rolls, as needed.
K: Arcana [roll0]
K: Geography [roll1]
K: History [roll2]
K: Local [roll3]
K: Religion[roll4]

BelGareth
2015-09-30, 05:37 PM
The ElderOrc watched from the shadows, his face obscured by the tactfully placed lighting in the longhall, he watched as they bickered, and prepared to fight, almos smiling as some bought logic to the foreground, fighting with words more than swords.

Indeed, these orcs would need both skill at arms, and skill at words, if they were going to get through the ordeals that lay deep in the stony mountains beyond the Forbidden valley.

They asked good questions however, and the ElderOrc found himself approving of most of them.

He leans forward again, as if that was the only position he could speak in “Fear not, I do not take offense to such bravado, even if it is falsely placed. I am happy to hear such questions, it makes me know I have chosen well.” he says, eyeing the Bulgan slightly, his red eyes almost glowing in the twilight of the shadow that crossed his face. “The Valley of Nothing is the only entry way from our lands to the Dwarves, it is forbidden, for centuries for fear of reprisal. The Dwarves are a lofty lot, but they fear us, and will retaliate at any provocation.” he sighs and stops for a moment, another longer pause than normal like before “It was not always so, but it is, a long time ago. And now, I fear they have proven too lofty for their thrones of stone and gold, they are strong, do not doubt, and a pitched battle would be bad for both of us, but a small group, who goes in the stead of our nation, who can infiltrate is more valuable than anything. We do not want to stride forth ahead a horde of warriors, for they would too.” he shakes his old head “No, we want to send in a skilled team to go forth, show our strength of individualism, but also impart our ability to form together a group from all across our lands.“ he again looks at Bulgan “If you lot can form together, and work as one, you can prove a point long awaited, that the Orcs can and will work together. That we can be a nation. I want you to go as a small team, to not only not trip their war sirens, but to impress upon them that we are a nation of like people, and they should, and can treat with us.” he says the last part a little quieter “which means you may need to talk to them.” He looks pointedly to Ogadai, “Yes young one, mayhaps when you return I will regale you with stories, but now we have more important goals.” shaking his head again “No, I claim neither, I am but a a facilitator, things need to happen, and the portents show it can happen soon, I am asking you all to go as a group, and impress upon our neighbors, just what a small band of our folk can do. It is up to you to figure out the best needs of our people, for I am no leader, and my time is short, among you lies the future leaders of our people, be careful, for the FirstDwarves protect the Valley of Nothing, and it will not be easy to gain entry into their mountain fortresses.”

He speaks up a bit, “Now group together and touch, I shall send you as close as I can to the forbidden place. “

J-H
2015-09-30, 05:52 PM
Ogadai

"I have two golems with me, outside. We should go to them so that they may come with us."

Using Arcane Sight on the Old One.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/arcaneSight.htm
I don't know how many checks you might want, but Ogadai's Spellcraft modifier is +42.

razorback
2015-09-30, 05:54 PM
Zunkgul stands back and watches as the others bicker back and forth, a smile on his face. His only interest in the fighting is that the First Orc is safe and that a strong and worthy leader comes out of this. Seeing the fighting taper off, he heeds the words of the First, his grin the only thing visible on his face from his covering helm.
Stepping forward, he touches the two other chosen nearest him on the shoulder and awaits whatever the First decides upon.

darklink_shadow
2015-09-30, 06:50 PM
Despite his earlier threats, the nearest to him is the one he threatened and the one who calmed him. The fires in his fists go out and he puts a hand on a shoulder of each of the two orcs.

THEChanger
2015-09-30, 07:18 PM
Darag shakes his head at the squabbling of the other orcs chosen. Placing the mask back upon his face, Darag reaches out to take the shoulders of the orcs near him. His voice, slightly muffled, emerges from behind the mask. "Then let us go, and show the world who we are. May Infernus smile on us in the Valley below."

Mishkov
2015-09-30, 10:23 PM
The shaman shares a sideways glance at Bulgan as he speaks his desire to lead. Those kinds of proclamations often end in one's death by rivals, and he was still standing. Grahh smashes his fists together in a strange and crackling display of power. "If it is a show of might you deem appropriate, blood will be split." He nods as a sign of respect and turns to leave.

On the way out he speaks to Acheron, "At least Bulgan demonstrates the fire to lead. I have not seen his strength for myself, but a leader the tribes need. We must kindle these fires and see whose burns brightest. I do not hear anyone else speak up due their ineptness or their fear of being cut down."

J-H
2015-10-01, 07:04 PM
Ogadai
Putting action to his words, Ogadai and his salt mummies walk outside. Each mummy touches one of the sand golems and then Ogadai, who puts a hand out to the others in turn.

1 dry lich, 2 sand golems, 2 salt mummies.
I will be out of town from tomorrow morning to Sunday afternoon

Starmage21
2015-10-02, 09:47 AM
Bulgan grabs his chin with his left hand, as he holds the massive starmetal blade over his right shoulder with his right hand.

"It is not mindless slaughter that is sought here. Any stupid orc can kill dwarves on the battlefield. Understand my brothers that we are not being sent to do battle as our primary purpose. We are being sent as emissaries. That means we kill when we must, but otherwise we are to impress upon the dwarves that we are to be respected. I am ready."

BelGareth
2015-10-03, 12:02 PM
You see all the appropriate auras of your new friends, but the ElderOrc is a void in your sight, like a black hole where a sun should be.

You instantly understand that he is suppressing or avoiding detection from you.

Smiling, the ElderOrc waves his hand and a whirl of magic swirls through you all, and in an instant, your gut wrenches toward the ground, as if you were being disembowled, then in another instant, your stomach feels like it is coming up through you mouth.

Opening your eyes, you see you are at the basin of the Forbidden Valley of Nothing.

Attempt a DC 28 Fort save or spend one round puking.
If teleported before +2 to the save
If you have spell focus (Conjuration) or something similar +1 to the save.
This is purely cosmetic and RP related, so feel free to auto-fail or whatever.

After you have composed yourself, you look around and can see the valley for what it is, a beautiful valley of natural growth and splendor.

http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Imaginary-Landscapes-Through-the-Ancient-Valley.jpg

Looming over you in the distance, are the sentinels of the pass, strange looking humanoids, neither Orc or Dwarf, legend has it, they were created in the image of the very Gods themselves, or they were created by the gods themselves, either way, no one knows what or who made them for sure...perhaps the ElderOrc has some info on it.

darklink_shadow
2015-10-03, 02:03 PM
Acheron coughed, and then wiped spittle from his mouth.

"That will never be my favorite way to travel." The sinister orc said before slowly shimmering into invisibility, outlined with green fire.

Greater Invisibility, via my epic destiny as a free action.
Prestidigitation as a free action to outline my body to still be somewhat visible to my allies.
Prestidigitation as a free action to make my fists engulf with crackling fire.

razorback
2015-10-04, 10:41 AM
Zunkgul prepares himself as the First cast his spell, keeping a keen eye around him.
He feels his stomach roil about but doesn't show it on his face, but looks at the others with a grin. "Nothing like feeling death stalking you to make you remember your alive, boys. At least, those of us who still breathe." as he feels the bile rise a bit, forcing it down. Grabbing his ax off his back, he look about and takes a deep sniff, going to all fours, as he checks the ground around them.
"Past those... statues, I take it, is the way we go? We know the dwarves protect this valley. Any other rumors of what may be here that any of you may have heard?""

Mishkov
2015-10-04, 02:39 PM
Grahh braced himself for the teleport. His head spun for a moment, and he spat on the ground once he arrived. "I too have never been a fan of new magic ways of travel, weakens your legs and blurs your mind..."

The shaman begins to prepare for battle, blessing his weapons, and growing his claws. His face contorts and arms drop longer to hang down by his knees. Hair grows along his body up onto his face making the shaman look like a hybrid between orc and beast. The long standing lycanthropy curse is being put to good use. The transformation continues as his jaw becomes somewhat unhinged and two large tusks emerge from his bottom jaw--though this is showing a blessing from the spirits and not from his animal nature.

"Many have died in this valley, but many more past it. It's been two hundred years since I've left the wilds, but the last time they had no patrols in this valley. I hate their lands, and I hate their kind. I look forward to feeding upon them again."

Buffs & hybrid form (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=579998) second bite attack subject to approval.

J-H
2015-10-04, 07:00 PM
Ogadai

Immune to the nausea that riddles the living, Ogadai stands as still as a statue, save for his head rotating as he looks at the valley. "The Old One says that he wishes us to come in peace, and to avoid battle. A few protective magics are in order, but nothing too obvious."

His armor briefly glows purple as it becomes magically stronger. He bends, and picks up a small stone, touching it briefly and holding it between two fingers.

Greater Mage Armor, duration 25 hours. +6 AC (the vest he wears is a +1, so it's a +5 gain).

Suspended Silence on the stone, lasts until discharged. 50gp material component subtracted from wallet.

"I can generate an aura that makes us all walk faster, but I will save it until there is reason to hurry."

paradox26
2015-10-05, 09:54 AM
Ogroth had maintained his silence during the audience with the FirstOrc, and he continued to do so until after they had been teleported to the destination. He found himself feeling deeply nauseated by the sudden rush, since despite his use of magic he was more used to more ordinary means of travel. He staggered over into the bushes and threw up. When he was finished, he headed back over to the others, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "Well, that was unpleasant," he growled, his first words to the others. He stood straighter, and started to examine the valley they had appeared in.

Starmage21
2015-10-05, 10:19 AM
Fortitude Save replaced with Concentration Skill Check, on which I take 10 for a final result of 62

Bulgan feels his gut wrench. He grabs his stomach in pain, but is able to maintain his composure thanks to his countless hours of training. Still, his greatsword drops from his shoulder to the ground, where the tip sinks in an inch or two under the weight of the blade.

"Now we go forth. We kill who we must, but remember we are emissaries, not marauders."

He hefts his greatsword back onto his shoulder and begins to walk towards the ancient guardian statues.

Deadguy
2015-10-05, 12:10 PM

The member of the Blackhand tribe seemed to be more at ease with that mode of travel. It seemed as if he simply stepped out of the cabin into the fresh air. He did not seem to give notice to the fact that others had reactions to that type of travel, he remembered the first few times he had done so resulting in a similar reaction.

His maroon eyes and skull crystals flared to life. He took deep even breaths as if centering himself. Crackling static jumped between the crystals, rolled over his skin and arced across the fingertips of the crystal gauntlet worn upon his hand.

"Be wary. They may not patrol this region simply because they have littered it with traps."

M CN Phrenic Desert Half-Orc Psion, Level 22, Init 8, HP 233/79, DR 10/epic & ada, Speed 30
Condition
Contingency, psionic (extended): Temporal Acceleration (4pp augment; extended) - 44 days
Overland Flight (extended) - 44 hours
Share Pain (extended): Psicrystal - 44 hours
Nondetection - 22 hours

Actions: Focus self and psicrystal. Manifest Overland Flight-extended (12pp). Manifest Share Pain-extended (4pp) with Psicrystal. Regain focus for both.

PP Total: 154

razorback
2015-10-05, 02:16 PM
"Agreed. Is stealth the best way to approach the valley?" the half-minotaur says as he stands. "Do any of you magicians have the ability to scry and see if there are any hidden troops, traps or magicks that inhabit yon vale?"
He scans the sky, wings slowly ruffling in the slight breeze as he swivels his head back and forth.
"Either way, its best we get moving before we attract any unwanted attention."

J-H
2015-10-05, 03:09 PM
Ogadai
"I do, but it will take some time to craft the sensor. Find us a place to wait, and I will begin the process." Ogadai taps one of his rings with a fingertips and becomes invisible, although the continued presence of his minions makes it apparent that he has not yet moved.

Activating the invisibility function of one of his rings.

I can cast Arcane Eye, but it's got a 10 minute casting time.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/arcaneEye.htm

THEChanger
2015-10-06, 12:38 PM
Darag lands from the teleportation, his vision briefly swimming before he collects himself. "Hmph. I can't deny the speed, but I shall always prefer to ride." Slamming the butt of Sunray upon the ground, a small burst of light surrounds Darag, and when it fades he sits atop a massive wolf, black fur tinged with gold. "I am eager to be off. What other preparations need to be made?"

razorback
2015-10-06, 05:44 PM
"I have no need for any preperation and I am eager to get moving." is all the Mighty says as he waits for the others to prepare.

darklink_shadow
2015-10-07, 01:03 AM
Acheron dismissed the glow about him, and then spoke. "I am ready. If you will it, I can scout ahead while the others prepare."

Starmage21
2015-10-07, 09:37 AM
Bulgan speaks, immediately taking the role of tactical leader for himself. Perhaps the group will respect him enough to lead without much infighting

"Good ideas. Acheron, you scout ahead and make sure you are not seen. If you encounter the enemy, do not engage alone. The rest of us will provide cover for Mighty until he is ready to continue. If you have familiars send them to scout ahead is well. I intend to make for the guardian statues when we are ready to move. Stay sharp, but keep those weapons low and nonthreatening. If they attack unprovoked, we will show them our power, but do not expose all your tricks."

darklink_shadow
2015-10-07, 10:46 AM
Acheron nods and takes off. Relying on his invisibility to be unseen, and his power of burrowing to remain silent, Acheron attempts to scout.

With no training in stealth or perception skills, I will only find the most basic of things. But dwarves who aren't hiding, etc should be easy enough to spot.

razorback
2015-10-07, 11:06 AM
Zunkgul looks at Bulgan for a moment, letting the smaller orc give directions while letting his small oversight laps for now as he nods at him. "Ready when everyone else is. " toothy grin coming out from beneath his helmet.

BelGareth
2015-10-11, 08:49 PM
As Ogadai is casting his spell of sensing, Acheron takes to the valley unseen and unheard...He moves through long forgotten valleys of vegetation, as you pass, you can see the remnants of foundation work, bricks, the size of huts, cracked open, and bared to the ruinous reach of nature.

Stone idols scattered the valley floor, along a small trickle of a river, which, in long gone days, must have been much larger. As if it were stopped, or had been, long ago.

Strange and eerie statues peer with dead eyes from the ground, having been knocked over, or the dirt having risen from such a long time.

You see nothing and head back, just in time to feel the rush of sensory orbs flying past you.

Ogadai sees much of the same, albeit, much more. He finds the location of several large dire bears, a pack of hyenas and a flock of will-O-Wisp's.

The valley seems as its namesake. Forbidden, and forgotten.

J-H
2015-10-12, 08:29 AM
Ogadai

"A few animals and creatures, and many old statues."

The eye continues to travel on towards the exit of the valley.
It moves 300 ft/min and lasts over 20 minutes

razorback
2015-10-12, 10:29 AM
"Statues, eh?" Zunkgul growls out. "Best to treat them as if they were some golem or other creature until proven otherwise. Those dwarves are nasty and devious creature, employing such deceptions in order to weaken their foes before meeting them head on in true combat." He lifts up his face mask and spits on the ground. Unfurling his wings behind him he continues "We could fly over the whole thing but anything looking up would definitely see us." he crosses his arms and waits for the others to chime in.

BelGareth
2015-10-12, 10:29 AM
The eyes do not see anything else, its a big valley :P

THEChanger
2015-10-12, 01:20 PM
"If you fear stone carvings, Zunkgul, then I will gladly walk in front of you. Or you may choose to fly, and give away our position. But even if the statues live, the sun has little to fear from creatures of stone. I press forward." So saying, Darag urges his golden wolf forward, and begins the journey to the exit of the valley. "We have come here to prove our people worthy of freedom! We cannot balk at every challenge that comes our way. Some, we will have to simply smash through."

BelGareth
2015-10-12, 01:27 PM
[DM railroad]gonna move things forward[/DM railroad]

You move forward, not finding anything overt. The day is hot, and the sun seems to have finally cut through the fog, albeit, there is less in you current area than before, but still the sun had made its way, and was worthy of doing so, now as it heats up your armor and forces you to frown when looking to the horizon and eventual summit of the valley between the two stone Titans.

Feel free to choose your traveling method, it may affect outcomes here in a moment.

razorback
2015-10-12, 02:42 PM
"Have care of your words, Darag." Zunkgul growls. "Only a fool doesn't understand the difference between fear and caution. Best to heed my words rather than repeat what I have already said." he says as he marches along.

As they move towards the titans, he peers up at them, trying to discern what kind of creatures they depict.

paradox26
2015-10-13, 09:31 AM
Ogroth marched along with the others, saying nothing but trying to learn the ways of his companions. None of them seem to be creatures to talk much, though a few were trying. None spoke of irrelevances, but stuck to the matters at hand. He studied the stone titans, hoping that they were not magical creations of the dwarves. It would be just like the little fiends to come up with something so underhanded yet powerful as stone guardians. He wished he had the same magical detection spells as his wizard or clerical brethren, but decided that he would have to make do. If the ststues came to life, he would use his considerable magic to crush them. "I agree. We should treat the statues as golems, just to be safe. Golems are powerful foes. Better not to activate them, or at least to get too close to them, if there is any avoiding it," he said.

Deadguy
2015-10-13, 10:05 AM

Urak moved forward with the rest of the group, floating effortlessly near the ground but not touching it. He kept his allies' locations marked in his mind's sight, allowing him to become alert to any other thinking creatures closing in. Noting the mention of golems made him frown. They had no mind to speak of and would likely take the group by surprise if they existed at all.

Condition
Mindsight 110 ft
Contingency, psionic (extended): Temporal Acceleration (4pp augment; extended) - 44 days
Nondetection - 22 hours

THEChanger
2015-10-13, 01:46 PM
"A jest, Zunkgul, a jest. To be sure we should be wary. But if a mere magical construct can best us, it is a dark day for the orcish people indeed." As they approach the twin statues, Darag removes his spear from its resting place. If a fight were to break out, he would be ready for it. He pet his wolf gently, eyes darting about the valley.

Mishkov
2015-10-13, 06:22 PM
"I have no fear for mindless ones, and let the valley tremble before our might. Dwarf or golem, all will respect our might." Grahh grumbled back. The shaman flies through the air, seemingly running in the winds. He has drawn his club and nail and is ready to use it.

darklink_shadow
2015-10-13, 10:25 PM
Acheron moved silently, a ghost to everyone. Even those who could see ha invisible body might consider him a phantom. And so he walked, ready to fight if needed.

paradox26
2015-10-14, 05:42 AM
Ogroth watched the others approach the statues with concern. He felt the need to point something out to the others. "Keep in mind that golems are immune to most magic. If they do animate, there will be little that I can do to assist you in battle," he said cautiously. It just had to be golems. Why did it have to be golems? The closer they got, the more he was sure that that was what the statues would turn out to be. And they were one of the few enemies against which he could do almost nothing.

Starmage21
2015-10-14, 08:28 AM
"We wont need any magic to deal with golems, even colossal ones the size of those statues. As big as they are, even if they are fast, they will be perceived as slow and cumbersome just by virtue of their size. My blade is made of starmetal, and cuts through anything as well as adamantine, and the orange crystal currently set in the pommel channels a sort of destructive energy that not only attacks constructs such as golems on the physical level, but also disrupts the magic that animates them."

Bulgan readies his shield in his left hand, his gleaming dark grey blade in his right hand, though rest upon his shoulder. He proceeds forward, with confidence that the statues will not move, and should they, he will destroy them easily. He looks over his shoulder to the rest of the group.

"Shall we?"

razorback
2015-10-14, 08:46 AM
The towering Zunkgul just nods at Darag. Looking about, he thumps the flat of his axe against his chest as he agrees with Bulgan.

"Yes, let us be off." as he begins marching off. "Probably best to fan out. I have little skill in sneaking, but if the rest of you do, best to employ your talents. Best to think me one mad orc travelling through the valley to his doom. This will be much to their surprise." he says as he lets out a barking laugh, wings twitching.

BelGareth
2015-10-14, 05:13 PM
You move through the valley as predators, weapons drawn and scowls in place.

Nothing comes alive and attacks you, passing at the feet of the strange titans, you fully realize how large they are, titan was a misnomer, for they were truly immense, larger than anything you had seen, their feet, large than most cliffs you had seen, which only emphasized the height of the valley walls looming over you as the valley started to close up ahead.

Something stirred up ahead, and you quickly realized this was the closest anyone had ever gotten this far, behind the titanic statues, and near the very mouth of the valley, towards the mountains themselves.

Something stirred in the rocks ahead.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caEpddAROTlyyB1RTl5VR0Zux9iwuEZJdiZY5pFxCgk/edit?usp=sharing)
Please place yourself anywhere within the box for your starting location.

Ogroth, Ogadai, and Bulgan are the only ones to see any form of movement. What you see is exactly that, some movement, you cannot tell what it is, or how large, etc...

And roll initiative (if you don't I will for you)

paradox26
2015-10-17, 08:32 AM
Ogroth watched the statues carefully as they passed through, but to his relief nothing came of it. He continued into the valley, exploring areas that orcs had never seen before. He moved to the back of the party, as was the proper place for a mage. Better to let the more hardy warriors take the front places in the expedition, since they could better withstand the blows of surprise enemies than he could. He suddenly started as he saw movement of some kind in the middle distance. He couldn't be sure what it was, but he prepared himself for trouble. "Be aware. There is something moving in the rocks ahead," he warned the others, just in case they hadn't seen it. He prepared a battle spell just in case whatever it turned out to be was hostile.

Initiative: [roll0]

razorback
2015-10-19, 12:47 PM
""Ha, I see nothing." Zunkgul says out loud as he hefts his axe and looks at where Ogroth points, stamping his hooves in the process as he snorts.

Zunkgul

AC ~42; Current ~ 42 or 40 with charge
HP ~ 333; Current ~333

Delay to ready a partial charge at where Ogroth points, if he can see and reach that spot, for a trip.
Touch attack
[roll0]

Strength check
[roll1]

Depending on outcome he may use attack triggered by Improved Trip

Effects~
Stance = Thicket of Blades
Maneuvers = Crusader's Strike (0) ; Wall of Blades (0) [Belt]
Damage Reduction = 3/-
Cold Resistance 5
20% Miss Chance (Cloak of Displacement, Minor)

Deadguy
2015-10-21, 09:29 AM
OOC - Not sure if we're doing freeform init or waiting for each individual to complete, but I'll post my action in case it's freeform.

Anticipating conflict, Urak called upon his inner reserves of power to give the group he was now with an edge in combat. Each of them felt the flood of adrenaline and pumping of their heart quicken as the rest of the world seemed to slow to their heightened perception.

With his contribution complete, he lifted his head and his body followed, silently floating upward for a better vantage of the surroundings.

Condition
Mindsight 110 ft
Nondetection - 22 hours

Standard Action: Haste (22 rnds)
Move Action: Flight directly up 20 ft

J-H
2015-10-21, 10:19 AM
Ogadai
As patient as death, Ogadai waits for the creature to show itself.

Mishkov
2015-10-21, 09:54 PM
Grahh becomes still and fades into the ether while he waits for the creature to strike.

Becomes ethereal & does not move.

Init = 14

paradox26
2015-10-23, 06:22 AM
Ogroth maintains his position at the rear of the group. He considers throwing a fireball in the general direction of the movement, just to draw the being out. But he couldn't see the source of the movement well enough to be able to identify where that might be. Besides, there was always the off chance that the other creature might be friendly. Throiwng a fireball at it would not be deemed a friendly act. So he decided to wait and just see what the other being did before he acted himself.

darklink_shadow
2015-10-23, 11:14 AM
Acheron ignores the creature, and continues walking. It was just the wind, kicking up some dirt. Yeah, that's the sound wind makes.

razorback
2015-10-24, 10:42 AM
Zunkgul smiles as Acheron strides forward, impressed by the creatures boldness.

BelGareth
2015-10-24, 11:09 AM
Round 2

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caEpddAROTlyyB1RTl5VR0Zux9iwuEZJdiZY5pFxCgk/edit?usp=sharing)
Can't see anything yet.

razorback
2015-10-24, 01:19 PM
Zunkgul, emboldened by the others, marches forward, axe held near his waist, as he marches forwards.
"Let what sits in this valley fear the trembling of our passing for we are of a mighty race and fear not their presence." he says out loud as he moves, using his wings to cover the rough ground.

Move to H-38

darklink_shadow
2015-10-25, 09:51 AM
Growing even more convinced nothing lurks here after all, Acheron ran full tilt towards the general area the "movement" had been observed.

Mishkov
2015-10-25, 12:21 PM
Grahh remains ethereal and waits to see what is yet to come...

J-H
2015-10-25, 04:32 PM
Ogadai
Ogadai also waits; perhaps it was just the wind, but caution is the order of the day in an unknown place.

Starmage21
2015-10-26, 11:21 AM
Bulgan again continues forward with confidence. If there is an enemy out there, intent on attacking rather than simply observing, he was ready. Otherwise, he would stop for no one.

Move: 60ft Straight Forward
Standard: Ready to use Strike of Perfect Clarity on first hostile to enter his threat range

Deadguy
2015-10-27, 02:36 PM

Emboldened by the warriors striding forward, Urak continues to advance as well. He moved silently through the air level with the tops of the trees of the small grove standing directly ahead of the group.

Condition
Mindsight 110 ft
Nondetection - 22 hours

Standard Action: Haste (21 rnds)
Move Action: Flight forward 30 ft (20ft height)

BelGareth
2015-11-06, 05:10 PM
As the group strides forth, honor and prestige taking over the feeling of being watched and putting caution to the side, two huge Ancient dwarves appear charging towards Bulgan. But, being the ever ready warrior, he does not flinch.

*You may take your readied action against monster 3, if within reach*

Both dwarves are ancient beyond compare, and wear similarly ancient armor, Dwarfic runes covering all surfaces that glimmer and glow with eldritch power.

http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/27/r169_457x256_6338_Dwarf_Lord_2d_fantasy_dwarf_warr ior_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

They speak as they rush you, speaking in a thick, bass tone.

http://i.imgur.com/aVjnxc7.png

Then they attack, with vicious relentless blows from their heavy hammer and Dwarven Waraxe.

Both attack Bulgan
[roll0]
[roll1] on 67
[roll2] + 1 negative level
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5] on 67
[roll6] + 1 negative level
[roll7]

Mishkov
2015-11-08, 09:33 PM
Grahh leaves his ethereal status and rushes forward screaming "For the orcs!". Flying just above the air, he charges the dwarf on the right pouncing on him with club, tooth, and claw. He channels his unholy power through his club and claws, attempting to devour the dwarven soul...

Charge
Move to Q27 (115 ft charge)
Pounce allows full attack

Club attack 1 [roll0] for [roll1] damage for 2 negative levels
Club (haste) [roll2] for [roll3] damage for 2 negative levels
Club attack 2 [roll4] for [roll5] damage for 2 negative levels
Club attack 3 [roll6] VS TOUCH for 2 negative levels
Club attack 4 [roll7] VS TOUCH for 2 negative levels

Claw 1 [roll8] for VS TOUCH for 2 negative levels
Claw 2 [roll9] for VS TOUCH for 2 negative levels

Bite 1 [roll10] for [roll11]

Fear aura means they have -2 attack, checks, saves, & weapon damage (but it's a fear effect so if they're immune to fear, it doesn't count!)

J-H
2015-11-09, 09:06 AM
Ogadai
Ogadai advances, flanked by his golems and screened by his mummies. A faint stench fills the air, as a crackling black ray briefly connects his finger and one of the oversized dwarves.

Move to U46. Golems on each side, mummies in front.

Casting Ray of Entropy, targeted at dwarf #2 (the one not in close combat, so no penalty).
Ranged Touch [roll0]
SR check if needed [roll1]
If I hit and pass SR, the dwarf takes -4 STR, -4 CON, -4 DEX, no save.

Ceasing suppression of the 100' radius Greater Drought effect. +2 temperature gradients or Severe Heat, whichever is greater.

The area around him begins to heat rapidly.

razorback
2015-11-09, 09:30 AM
A dark smile and feral eyes light up Zunkguls face as he screams out his battle cry "Bahgtru hai!" as he charges forward, jumping over the small rise in the land, battleaxe blurring as he lashes out at the nearest dwarf.

Zunkgul the Mighty
AC ~ 42 ; Current ~ 19
HP ~ 333 ; Current ~333

Full attack action: Frenzied full Power attack jump Headlong Rush Pounce Reckless charge. Probably forgetting something at 5:30 in the AM. Shifting 21 points of Power attack to AC via Heedless Charge (Shock Trooper feat).

Charge to L-M/28-29 (Zunkgul is large)
Jump check vs. DC 10
[roll0]

1st Attack
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]x3 (Leap Attack and Headlong Rush) + [roll3] (Boots of Charging) + [roll4] (Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll5]
[roll6]

2nd Attack
[roll7]

Damage
[roll8]x3 (Leap Attack and Headlong Rush) + [roll9] (Boots of Charging) + [roll10] (Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll11]
[roll12]

3rd Attack
[roll13]

Damage
[roll14]x3 (Leap Attack and Headlong Rush) + [roll15] (Boots of Charging) + [roll16] (Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll17]
[roll18]

4th Attack
[roll19]

Damage
[roll20]x3 (Leap Attack and Headlong Rush) + [roll21] (Boots of Charging) + [roll22] (Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll23]
[roll24]

5th Attack
[roll25]

Damage
[roll26]x3 (Leap Attack and Headlong Rush) + [roll27] (Boots of Charging) + [roll28] (Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll29]
[roll30]

6th Attack
Improved Trip
[roll31] vs Touch AC

Opposed Strength Check
[roll32] {Trip bonus is 38 = +4 (size) +4 (improved trip) +4 (wolf berserker) + 24 (strength) + 2(Armbands of Might)}

If successful, follow up attack
[roll33] vs prone

Damage
[roll34]x3 (Leap Attack and Headlong Rush) + [roll35] (Boots of Charging) + [roll36] (Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll37]
[roll38]

Edited Post
Zunkgul the Mighty
AC ~ 42 ; Current ~ 19
HP ~ 333 ; Current ~333

Full attack action: Frenzied full Power attack jump Headlong Rush Pounce Reckless charge. Probably forgetting something at 5:30 in the AM. Shifting 21 points of Power attack to AC via Heedless Charge (Shock Trooper feat).

Charge to L-M/28-29 (Zunkgul is large)
Jump check vs. DC 10
(1d20+35)[43]

1st Attack
(1d20+45)[63]

Damage
(3d6+55)[67] +21 (Leap Attack) + 46 (Headlong Rush) + (2d6)[3] (Boots of Charging) + (1d8)[2] (Berserker weapon) = 139

Critical 20/x3
(1d20+45)[63]
(2d6+110)[116]

2nd Attack
(1d20+45)[53]

Damage
(3d6+55)[62] +21 (Leap Attack) + 41 (Headlong Rush)+ (2d6)[7] (Boots of Charging) + (1d8)[6] (Berserker weapon) =133

Critical 20/x3
(1d20+45)[48]
(2d6+110)[119]

3rd Attack
(1d20+45)[53]

Damage
(3d6+55)[67] +21 (Leap Attack) + 46 (Headlong Rush) + (2d6)[10] (Boots of Charging) + (1d8)[1] (Berserker weapon) =145

Critical 20/x3
(1d20+45)[55]
(2d6+110)[117]

4th Attack
(1d20+40)[58]

Damage
(3d6+55)[65] +21 (Leap Attack) + 44 (Headlong Rush) + (2d6)[2] (Boots of Charging) + (1d8)[6] (Berserker weapon) =138

Critical 20/x3
(1d20+40)[44]
(2d6+110)[122]

5th Attack
(1d20+35)[51]

Damage
(3d6+55)[64] +21 (Leap Attack) + 43 (Headlong Rush)+ (2d6)[3] (Boots of Charging) + (1d8)[5] (Berserker weapon) =136

Critical 20/x3
(1d20+35)[49]
(2d6+110)[117]

6th Attack
Improved Trip
(1d20+30)[32] vs Touch AC

Opposed Strength Check
(1d20+38)[54] {Trip bonus is 38 = +4 (size) +4 (improved trip) +4 (wolf berserker) + 24 (strength) + 2(Armbands of Might)}

If successful, follow up attack
(1d20+30)[40] vs prone

Damage
(3d6+55)[67] +21 (Leap Attack) + 46 (Headlong Rush) + (2d6)[11] (Boots of Charging) + (1d8)[5] (Berserker weapon) =150

Critical 20/x3
(1d20+30)[50]
(2d6+110)[117]

Effects ~
Charge: +2 to hit and -2 to AC
Light Fortitude: 25% negates sneak attack or critical
Minor Cloak of Displacement: 20% miss chance
Boots of Charging: +2d6 on a charge
Berserker weapon: +1d8 damage
Shattermantle weapon: spell resistance is reduced by 2 for 1 round per successful hit.
Wrathful Healing weapon: heal 1/2 damage dealt by weapon.

Effects ~
Charge: +2 to hit and -2 to AC
Shattermantle weapon: spell resistance is reduced by 2 for 1 round per successful hit.

Man, I hate the feeling like I'm missing a trick or three in here. :smallfrown:

darklink_shadow
2015-11-09, 04:47 PM
Acheron pivoted and surged forward while releasing two blasts of fel magic. The first was in the form of a burning raven, which screamed near the two dwarves, and shuttered and bubbled with arcane entropy.

The second was a burning green bolt of foul magic that would shred his foe's strength. Finally, he made a grim visage appear and wail in agony before disappearing.

Move close to R28
Dark companion: -2 ac and saves to both. No save.
Standard : Dire Curse DC 31 Or -6 to saves and ac to one. The right one, not the left one.
Free: Prestidigotation to make a scary fiery visage for a moment to appear as a bad omen.
Dreadful wrath: DC 29 or shaken for 1 minute. (EX, morale) to both

Starmage21
2015-11-09, 05:20 PM
Bulgan stands unflinching, his eyes locked on the enemies as they advance on him. He readies his blade and steps inward to the first enemy as a pair of giant axe blows slip past his animated shield and are stopped barely by his mithril armor. He growls, shaking off the negative energy infused attacks, and drives his gleaming black blade into the abdomen of the first giant dwarf, seemingly find a weak spot in his armor at the most perfect time.

Standard #2 (Belt of Battle, 2 Charges): Iron Heart Surge
5ft Step into Melee with #3
Standard: Strike of Perfect Clarity [roll0] [roll1] (Threat-Confirm: [roll2], [roll3])
Move: Nothing
Swift: Nothing

Deadguy
2015-11-10, 08:49 AM

From his vantage above the action, Urak reached out and sensed the conscious workings of the dwarves' minds.

"Not constructs." The message was sent to all of his allies through their thoughts.

With a sneer, the crystals that were embedded in the psion's skin glowed a bright purple, energy sparking across their tips as he generated enough energy to unleash an attack. Two tendril-like whips formed from the crystals and slashed at the dwarf not engaged with Grahh. They sizzled as they reached out and caressed the dwarf's skull, seeking to drain the essence from him.

Condition
Mindsight 110 ft
Nondetection - 22 hours
Haste - 20 rounds

PP Total: 129/270

Standard Action: Overpowered / Twinned Ego Whip (25pp) targeting Dwarf 2 - Two Will dc 35 vs Daze and 1/2 damage. Power Resistance check - 37
Damage - [roll]5d4

Move Action: Regain Psionic Focus

paradox26
2015-11-11, 07:32 AM
Ogroth decided that the best thing he could do to combat these giant dwarves was to help to even the playing field. He reached down into his being and called forth a touch of the power contained within. He then looked for the best spot to aim the power, and set off a spell which would enlarge his companions to the same degree as the dwarves.

Ogroth will use his Mass Enlarge Person SLA to boost the sizes of as many of the party as possible.

BelGareth
2015-11-22, 01:53 PM
As the giant dwarfs rush forward, the Orcs take no time to react. Zunkgul the Mighty leading the charge, quite literally. He pounces on the nearest dwarf, rending the being in two slices, raging to the sky as he is unable to reach other dwarf as well.

Acheron moves in closer (to those who can see him), and attempts to curse the dwarve. The curse fails to penetrate whatever runes or magiks the dwarve had.

Bulgan focuses for a moment and removes the negative affects he suffered from the dwarves blows, and then makes the perfect strike against the remaining dwarf, cutting a great gauge of flesh from it.

Ogadai marches forward with his entourage, and attempts to hit the remaining dwarf with a ray of entropy, but failed to touch the being with his beam of negative energy.

Urak attempts to rend their ego's atwain, but the power fizzles as it reaches the dwarf.

Ogroth casts his spell successfully, making those willing as large as the dwarves and Zunkgul. (please let me know)

Grahh charges as well, not to be outdone by the others, he charges head long into the fray, negative energies flashing around his fists and weapon, but from the flurry not a single strike manages to find purchase.

The single dwarf pivots his head at the remainder and smiles. Some of his wounds healing instantly.

2 more dwarves emerge from behind rocks, just like the last 2, charging, silently this time, towards you all as he moves towards Zunkgul.

Dwarve4, 5.ft steps towards Zunkgul and full attacks.
[roll0]
[roll1] + 2 negative levels
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] + 2 negative levels
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] + 2 negative levels
[roll8]

[roll9] (crit on 65)
[roll10] + 4 negative levels

[roll11] (crit on 65)
[roll12] + 4 negative levels

[roll13] (crit on 60)
[roll14] + 4 negative levels

Dwarve1 charges Zunkgul
[roll15]
[roll16] + 2 negative levels
[roll17]

[roll18] (crit on 67)
[roll19] + 4 negative levels

Dwarve3 charges Acheron
[roll20]
[roll21] + 2 negative levels
[roll22]

[roll23] (crit on 67)
[roll24] + 4 negative levels

J-H
2015-11-23, 03:16 PM
Ogadai
Ogadai strides forward, bringing the dwarves into the area of intense, dry heat that surrounds him.

Move to T40, Glitterdust, Will save DC 26 or blind.
Center on N24/O25, hitting Dwarves 1 & 4.

Minions advance with me.

"These impatient fools... charge ahead, find the enemy, and engage them too far away to benefit from my magic."

razorback
2015-11-24, 07:50 AM
As the dwarves descend upon Zunkgul, the drive him back, battering him terribly.
Letting out a howl of rage, eyes flaring, he beats back at them with desperation, axe flying.
"NONE SHALL DEFEAT THE MIGHTY!" he growl/yells.

Zunkgul the Mighty
AC ~ 42 ; Current ~ 45
HP ~ 333 ; Current ~ 31+96 temp(rage)

Full attack action: Raging Full Attack

1st Attack
Trip Attack vs touch AC against Dwarf #1
[roll0] -8 (Negative Levels) = 39

Opposed strength check
[roll1] = +4 (size) +4 (improved trip) +4 (wolf berserker) + 27 (strength)+ 2(Armbands of Might) -8 (Negative Levels) = 38

If successful,
[roll2] vs prone -8 (Negative Levels) = 55 but a natural 20

Damage
[roll3] + [roll4](Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll5] -8 (Negative Levels) = 42
[roll6] -8 (Negative Levels) =

2nd Attack
Trip Attack vs touch AC against Dwarf #1 if previous trip attack didn't work
[roll7] -8 (Negative Levels) = 47

Opposed strength check
[roll8] = +4 (size) +4 (improved trip) +4 (wolf berserker) + 27 (strength)+ 2(Armbands of Might) -8 (Negative Levels) = 47

If successful,
[roll9] vs prone -8 (Negative Levels) = 53

Damage
[roll10] + [roll11](Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll12]
[roll13]

3rd Attack
Trip Attack vs touch AC against Dwarf #1 if previous trip attack didn't work
[roll14] -8 (Negative Levels) = 37

Opposed strength check
[roll15] = +4 (size) +4 (improved trip) +4 (wolf berserker) + 27 (strength)+ 2(Armbands of Might) -8 (Negative Levels) = 51

If successful,
[roll16] vs prone -8 (Negative Levels) =45

Damage
[roll17] + [roll18](Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll19]
[roll20]

4th Attack
Trip Attack vs touch AC against Dwarf #4
[roll21] -8 (Negative Levels) = 46

Opposed strength check
[roll22] = +4 (size) +4 (improved trip) +4 (wolf berserker) + 27 (strength)+ 2(Armbands of Might) -8 (Negative Levels) = 37

If successful,
[roll23] vs prone -8 (Negative Levels) =35

Damage
[roll24] + [roll25](Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll26]
[roll27]

5th Attack
Trip Attack vs touch AC against Dwarf #4 if previous trip attack didn't work
[roll28] -8 (Negative Levels) = natural 1 fail

Opposed strength check
[roll29] = +4 (size) +4 (improved trip) +4 (wolf berserker) + 27 (strength)+ 2(Armbands of Might)

If successful,
[roll30] vs prone

Damage
[roll31] + [roll32](Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll33]
[roll34]

6th Attack
Trip Attack vs touch AC against Dwarf #4 if previous trip attack didn't work
[roll35] -8 (Negative Levels) = 41

Opposed strength check
[roll36] = +4 (size) +4 (improved trip) +4 (wolf berserker) + 27 (strength)+ 2(Armbands of Might) -8 (Negative Levels) = 45

If successful,
[roll37] vs prone -8 (Negative Levels) = 27

Damage
[roll38] + [roll39](Berserker weapon)

Critical 20/x3
[roll40]
[roll41]

Minotaur Horns attack vs #4
[roll42] -8 (Negative Levels) = 34

Damage
[roll43]

Critical 20/x2
[roll44]
[roll45]

Illithid Goring Horn Graft attack vs #4
[roll46] -8 (Negative Levels) = 38

Damage
[roll47]

Critical 20/x2
[roll48]
[roll49]

Effects ~
Negative Levels =
-1 on all skill checks and ability checks.
-1 on attack rolls and saving throws.
-5 hit points.
-1 effective level (whenever the creature's level is used in a die roll or calculation, reduce it by one for each negative level).

Whirling Frenzy= Strength +6, and the dodge bonus to Armor Class and on Reflex saves increases to +3.

Starmage21
2015-11-25, 11:15 AM
Bulgan is enraged at the enemy dwarves now ignoring him for other foes in the heat of battle. He takes on a horse stance, stomping his foot into the ground hard enough to sink in slightly. Bulgan roars with an intensity that seems to wrack the brains of everyone around him.

Move:
5 ft Step to Q28 (May need to be displaced as others grow from the enlarge spell)
Standard: Ultrablast [Psi] (15ft radius spread centered on me, Will DC 19 half, [roll0], Telepathy [Mind-Affecting] so Mind-Blank makes you immune or being undead)

Mishkov
2015-11-25, 06:53 PM
Frustrated, Grahh attacks the same orc dwarf again. He redoubles his efforts striking at the large small extremely armored figure.

Club attack 1 [roll0] for [roll1] damage for 2 negative levels
Club (haste) [roll2] for [roll3] damage for 2 negative levels
Club attack 2 [roll4] for [roll5] damage for 2 negative levels
Club attack 3 [roll6] for [roll7] damage for 2 negative levels
Club attack 4 [roll8] for [roll9] damage for 2 negative levels

Claw 2 [roll]1d20+34[roll] for [roll10] for 2 negative levels

Bite 1 [roll11] for [roll12]

BelGareth
2016-01-11, 01:34 AM
As Zungkul whirls in a veritable death frenzy, he slashes and froths at the air, missing the giant dwarves, who stoically regard him with icy stares.

Little touches them this round, except the psionic blast from Bulgan, that ripples their skin, rupturing stonelike armor, and toughened hide alike.

All three turn to their duties with vigor, delivering steady and strong blows to all within range.

Dwarve1 full attacks Zungkul
[roll0]
[roll1] + 2 negative levels
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] + 2 negative levels
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] + 2 negative levels
[roll8]

Dwarve4 full attacks Zungkul, any remainder attacks go to Bulgan
[roll9]
[roll10] + 2 negative levels
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13] + 2 negative levels
[roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16] + 2 negative levels
[roll17]

Dwarve3 full attacks Bulgan
[roll18]
[roll19] + 2 negative levels
[roll20]

[roll21]
[roll22] + 2 negative levels
[roll23]

[roll24]
[roll25] + 2 negative levels
[roll26]

BelGareth
2016-01-11, 01:35 AM
[roll0]
[roll1] + 4 negative levels
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] + 4 negative levels
[roll5]

BelGareth
2016-01-16, 10:23 PM
As Bulgan falls and becomes a red paste upon the ground, the emotionless Dwarves turn to the rest of you like a well oiled machine, moving as one to dismember and tear apart this team that was just barely assembled and falling apart at the seams.

With a flash of light a sphere of energy appears above you all, eldritch lighting crackles and spits as magical energies surge the area, super charging the air with static electricity. Within the sphere, you can all see the ElderOrc, a look of chagrin on his face and determination, his hands weaving spells no mortal had cast in eaons, with a wave of his hand, you all were displaced back to his tent, as if he had never left.

As if none of you had ever left.

The ElderOrc remains on his throne, and he has a deep frown upon his face.

Shaking his head slowly, he sighs deeply. And with another gesture, one of resignment, Bulgan materializes to where he was standing before, alive, and well.

"I thought you were all different," he said in a croaky, almost depressed voice "I thought you all could do this task, perhaps not, perhaps I put too much on your, too soon." his tone denotes sadness, and regret.

Everyone is fully healed and resurrected (if needed)

Starmage21
2016-02-16, 11:05 AM
Bulgan looks around quickly discerning his new location, then turning to face the elder as he speaks, intent to listen

"We are all strong, stronger than almost all other orcs. It is clear, that our enemy has members among them that are stronger than even us. If it is a failure to face a stronger enemy and reach the expected outcome, then it will become my motivating force to become even stronger. Nothing will stand in the way of my victory."

Bulgan clenches his left fist, as if testing his own grip while he maintains his over-the-shoulder grip on his gleaming black greatsword

razorback
2016-02-16, 01:40 PM
"Maybe, maybe... but I think it was our hubris that lead to our defeat. We went in thinking ourselves agents of fate, and perhaps we are, but even so we can fail in these tasks if we let our egos lead in decisions rather than sound tactics." he says as he checks his wounds, snorting a bit to find his skin as scarred as it was before.

BelGareth
2016-02-16, 03:51 PM
The Ancient ElderOrc leaned forward, and you could almost hear his bones creak with the movement. He stood to his feet, and managed to push through the obvious pain of walking down the dais towards you all. Pain quite evident on his face, but he was more than capable of controlling it, however strong it must have been.

He looked at each on of you, staring into your eyes with burning red eyes, fire almost smoldering behind his pupils. "I have seen it, I have seen you all triumphing over the dwarfs of the mountains, we must reclaim our birthright, we must crack open the mountaintop and force them to parlay with that which they see as evolutionary muck." He turns, regarding his throne, and then looks sideway holding a hand up "Bah, screw the rules, we are to be held to them, they can at least be too. I will send you past those wretched paragons of yor, they are my generation, and it is against the rules, you have no chance against such beings, and so I will send you past them, further up, into the very lands of the dwarves. Rules be damned!" he spat, he turned to you all and waved his upheld hand.

And once again, you feel the odd sensation of being translocated, taken several hundred miles in another direction, your stomach takes a moment to catch up, forcing any food to slowly rise as you fight the contents to stay.

After a short moment, it fades, and the scenery blends back into the rocky surroundings you were fighting in, you can tell you are several miles past where you fought the Sentinels of the Pass, past them, and deep inside dwarven lands.

J-H
2016-04-04, 07:07 AM
Ogadai
The dry lich looks around as the fading sunset reflects off of his salt-encrusted body. "This is better... next time perhaps some of you will not rush ahead. Not all have the patience that I do, but the last battle would have been different had you all been faster, and flying."

Starmage21
2016-04-04, 09:38 AM
Bulgan looks over at Ogadai

"Bear in mind that you speak from the benefit of hindsight, knowing now what we did not know then. Given the situation, it was tactically correct. We were simply outmatched. It is my role to be first on the battlefield, and that may mean the first to die. ...but I am not dead yet, and therefor I have purpose and drive to continue, to grow stronger."

razorback
2016-04-04, 02:37 PM
The massive half-orc, half-minotaur slowly nods his head.
"Yes..." he grumbles with a far off look. "Given the information we had, it was the best move. Next time perhaps we should spend a few moments gauging the enemy, you spellcasters crafting what magicks you might have to divine the nature of the enemy, rather than rushing to a pointless death." he snorts a bit as he stamps his hooves. "We need a leader, strong and wise, for this mission but I see too much ego involved here. Perhaps it isn't too much to ask for a sounds mind to lead us a battle-leader at least"

Starmage21
2016-04-05, 09:01 AM
"Given that you agree with my tactical choices, I would hope that does not mean you've lost faith in my ability as a leader. None here before seemed motivated to lead and I stepped forward. If you think you are a better candidate, I would suggest you speak your mind. We will not advance, and not succeed if we do not operate as a unit with tight cohesion."

razorback
2016-04-06, 10:28 AM
"Aye, the... rebirth, if you will, may have scrambled my brains a bit as some of my memories seem a bit... foggy." he says with a nod towards Bulgan but without apology.

BelGareth
2016-04-06, 11:26 AM
As you discuss, a scent carries itself towards you all quiet easily, a strong scent, one heavy with rich aroma's and taste, making you instantly salivating. Turning to look, you see a lazy smoke plume wafting in the wind not a few miles off closer to the mountains, carrying the scent with it. The direction will surely take you closer to the mountain, but in a indirect way, were you to ignore it, you could make the base of the mountain in a much more direct route.

razorback
2016-04-06, 12:34 PM
Zunkgul, with his heightened sense of smell, first catches the odor, snorting as he pints it out to the others.

"Consider where we are. My guess is this smell is dangerous but is it a trap?"

BelGareth
2016-04-11, 05:40 PM
As you stand and deliberate, surely something of a sign that things are changing, another orc is deposited nearby, he does not struggle with himself, and is surefooted at the very moment his body rematerializes. As if he was used to be teleported. A rare feat, even amongst yourselves.

He has mottled skin, and thick long dreadlocks, bare chested, he walks with a purpose, and seems to be confident in himself. Not much unlike you all. He carries a glaive, resting the dull point into the dirt and grasping both with his hands, leaning on it like a seasoned warrior, staring at the lot of you.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140817171328/neumont-pathfinder/images/0/08/Risar-the-Half-Orc-from-Mortal-Online.jpg

"Well met my brethren, I am Ghazat, son of the ElderOrc, and soon to be chieftain of his tribe. He was hesitant to send me to aide you, but saw the wisdom in it finally. I am not hear to lead, but hear to provide his wisdom where he cannot." he sniffs and smells instantly what you all are talking about "Most likely a settlement, I strongly doubt the dwarves here would have redoubts or fortresses to guard against our kind, as we are the first to these lands in Millenia." He smiles a toothy smile, letting his large canines poke through his lips. "I would suggest we move forward and find an entrance to the mountain, these folk are more than likely to attack us, and raise the alert of our presence."

razorback
2016-04-12, 01:13 PM
Zunkgul nods at the new arrival, going through his memories to see if he remembers seeing this orc during their meetings.
"Well met, Ghazat, I am Zunkgul. May we spill much dwarf blood together." as he reaches out for the other orcs forearm and grasps it, getting a gauge of his strength and resolve.

BelGareth
2016-04-12, 01:37 PM
Ghazat grasps your forearm in a like manner and nods to you "Well met Zunkgul, I have heard stories of your strength and ferocity, I had thought they were exaggerated somewhat, but I fear they did not do you justice." his grip is strong, not as strong as you (not many are), but you get a sense of solidity with him, that his resolve is perhaps the strongest part of him.

While he is no honey-gold-tongued devil, he definitely has a way with words, in a rather orcish way at the same time.

With a passive +36 to sense motive, you feel he will be a good addition to the team, and even that he is legitimate and worthy of being a part of the group.

Anyone with a +10 mod to sense motive or higher gets this sense as well.

Starmage21
2016-04-19, 10:37 AM
Bulgan nods to the newcomer

"Greetings. I am Bulgan Khougat. It is good to have you here to represent the old clan. I feel as if the dwarves need to know the full spread of what they face should they choose to continue to treat us as their lessers."

BelGareth
2016-04-22, 02:28 PM
Ghazat nods in recognition, and then frowns.

He sniffs the wind turning slightly, body shifting to alert from a relaxed stance.

"We have incoming." he says simply.

And not but a few heartbeats later, several more orcs appear near you. 3 to be exact, of varying dress and build. Ghazat nods in recognition "Ah yes, my father had sent for more of you, but some were late." he looks to them "Welcome to the late arrivals." he exclaims, gesturing to them with one hand, in almost a mock greeting.

razorback
2016-04-22, 09:14 PM
Zunkgul turns to the newcomers, sizing them up. "So, more help or fodder for the dwarves?" he mutters to himself with a snort. "So, how many in our merry band, eh?" he says loudly.

grifter730
2016-04-25, 06:01 PM
Gil scans his surroundings, eyeing each orc in turn. "Well met, I take it we're heading in that direction?" Gil nods towards the settlement.

Stroking his pet dinosaur's head, Gil eyes his new companions once more, internally debating whether to be prepared for battle by standing next to his dinosaur with claws and tooth, or staying afloat from behind and manipulating the fields of battle using magic.

razorback
2016-04-26, 01:30 PM
Zunkgul extends his arm to the new comer as he says "Well met, I am Zunkgul. What might your name be? Well I might be able to craft some minor magic, as you can imagine, my specialty is bringing the fight to our enemy... usually in a teeth through the back of their head fashion." he barks out what what the others can only assume is a laugh. "What can we expect from you?"

grifter730
2016-04-26, 03:52 PM
Gil clasps Zungkul's forearm. "Well met, I am Gil. This here's Fip," Gil pats the dinosaur's head. "We're not used to working with others, so be sure to let her have your scent else she'll mistake you for an enemy during battle. You can expect dead enemies, that's what you can expect from us, innt that right, girl?" Gil barks out a laugh and pats Fip's head again, before moving down the line to greet the others.

Sønderjye
2016-04-26, 08:40 PM
The desert half-orc wears a cape that conseals most of his body but his eyes are crimson red and his skin is sickly pale. Despite his weak physic he carries an atmosphere of authority and his eyes looks as if they could look straight into one's soul. Around his neck dangles holy symbol and over his back is a longbow.

"Help" he answers Zunkgul looking at the bigger orc without a hint of doubt. "This one's name is Toliardog", "You can expect pretty much anything if I have time to prepare for it. I fight from the backline using magic and this" His hand reaches up and touches graps an arrow from his cover, on the way passing close to his face and mumbles something. You notice that he has a number of rings on his fingers as he pulls out an arrow consisting of dark shadow. "Each arrow weakens the strength of a man and enough can make him unable to move."
He lets go of the arrow that harmlessly disolves against the soil, "Furthmore I can bring you back, should you decide to visit your ancestors although I am limited in the frequency I can do this."

"Based on that thing you prefer to be in close combat" He says to Zunkgul, pointing at the arrow. "What you need for your fighting to work the best?".

He turns to Gil intending to ask the same question but noticing his race he stops. "Which tribe are you from Gil?"

Sense motive to "Assert Enemy" on the gathered orcs to learn their relative threat to him. Mechanically speaking this is a rough estimate of their CR relative to him which obviously is the same, but the character doesn't know this yet. The only one I don't know about is Ghazat , would a fight with him be even or is there a significant difference in strength?
Zunkgul: [roll0]
Gil: [roll1]
Bulgan: [roll2]
Grimaz: [roll3]
Ogadal: [roll4]
Ghazat: [roll5]

When reaching for the arrow he looks at his rune of divine insight for a bonus to the following sleight of hand roll to conseal his casting of detect magic. Roll [roll6] opposed with spot.
He'll autopass the spellcraft checks to learn the school of the auras of the spells that people have on them and the items that he have line of sight to. Let me know if there's anything that is in line of sight that you have some way of protecting against detect magic.

grifter730
2016-04-27, 09:48 PM
Gil is surprised at seeing a fellow desert orc so far from home. He gives a grunt and a toothy grin, and offers his hand. "From the Devil's Tooth, it's a small tribe at the base of something that looks like an overgrown stalagmite. And yourself?"

razorback
2016-04-28, 11:58 AM
Zunkgul grins at the fire and audacity shown by the newcomers.
"Good. Perhaps with the chaff removed from the previous group, we can get down to reclaiming our birthright." Looking at Bulgan he continues "Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, what say we scout out that smoke? Do we have a preference for an order of moving out, to keep skirmishers away from the mages?"

J-H
2016-04-28, 07:42 PM
Ogadai
The salt-encrusted lich smiles his rictus grin. "More from the desert. Perhaps you will not mind if I...relax? It tends to get hot and dry around me."

"Try to avoid the mistakes made...earlier...which were undone. I have learned patience where others have not. Rushing ahead will make you lose out on things like flight, extra armor, and speed. Blindly charging ahead may also keep the enemy so far away that I cannot harm them."

razorback
2016-04-29, 10:45 AM
"Yes. Sometimes my blood gets up and when I saw those dwarves... Arg! Hew them where they stood, I wanted to. Patience and brains. Break down these thoughts by the other races that Orcs are savages... yes."

Sønderjye
2016-04-30, 04:40 AM
//Something about Zunkgul and the their shared tribe//

"Well yes we should scout but before that, do tell me what you are capable of doing and what conditions you need to fight the best." Toliardog voices. "It sounds like that was not communicated before last fight and I would much rather learn it now than during the next battle. This also includes whether you are capable of scouting."

razorback
2016-05-02, 11:42 AM
Zunkgul come to Toliardog and clasps him firmly by the hand and on his shoulder.
"Ai! Brother, it is good to see a familiar face, especially one who does not ally himself with that jackal, Vultro. We shall make those upstart dwarves pay for their ways." he says with a genuine smile.

Sønderjye
2016-05-03, 03:26 AM
"Hah" Toliardog says, his face lightning up in a smile that makes him seem more alive. "It has been a long time, Brother"

razorback
2016-05-03, 12:27 PM
"Yes, it has. No more fighting amongst ourselves for pieces of land, or goblins or the lesser races. Dwarf blood will be spilled for their transgressions." he pauses to himself, smiling before continuing. "Are their any others of our tribe? Doesn't look to be so. Well, only the strong is who the sent." With that, he turns and looks at the others.

Sønderjye
2016-05-08, 11:16 AM
Tolliardog frowns ever so slightly hearing Zunkgul speak so casually to him. He hadn't had any contact with his former tribe since his kidnapping after all, so how did Zunkgul know that his strength had increased since they last spoke? "It does not look like that" he responds, his voice not betraying his inner question.

Toliardog turns to gold-eyed half-orc. "What about you, Gil? What are your abilities and what conditions do you need to fight efficiently?"

BelGareth
2016-05-10, 03:47 PM
Ghazat frowns and picks up his glaive, and points it to the smoke.

"I would suggest we go then, sitting here in idle chatter is going to bring us nothing, nothing that we do not already have, we need to move, and have action about us, lest we become like the rest of our kin. Dust and wind, for we know not their names, and they have done nothing to be remembered by!"

He picks himself up and moves out, ignoring you all, whether you join him or not.

You move past several worn and beaten statues of the dwarves, the runes having been worn off.

http://m.cdn.blog.hu/lo/lotr-lcg/image/Mantic-Games-Dwarf-Sketch.jpg

All of them, are facing away from the mountain...towards the orc lands. As if they were sentinels, watching and protecting the mountain and its people.

It does not take you long to reach a crest in a hill of where you can view the village, and there are no guards to protect, or even on the look out for bandits, for what need of them did they have?

A well made redoubt of a stoned in village nestles gently in the slopes of a dry valley, a dry mote surrounds it, and rothe gentle till the lands about. You managed to choose a fallow field, being neglected for a season or two before being tilled and plowed again.

http://img10.deviantart.net/de35/i/2010/330/0/0/gate_to_dwarfs_town_by_hetman80-d33mftm.jpg

It was a stout little village, and the smoke rose upon mountain thermals, ushered on by the warm air that carried the scent of beet pies, current pastries and the like, that the dwarf people liked to dine upon.

You see only a few people out and about, mostly farmers, goat herders, and children.

Sønderjye
2016-05-12, 08:34 AM
Toliardog sighs and tags along. "Idle chatter" could potentially have ensured that the victory in the last battle but alas, orcs were orcs.

When getting close to the statues, Toliardog takes a brief detour to examine the dwarven statues, hoping to learn something valueable.

Not sure what to roll to learn about dwarves from the statues. He is also hoping to find unknown runes.
Search? [roll0]

Gazing upon the village Toliardog feels a surge of hopelessness over his mission. How in earth was they supposed to satisfy the old orc. What were they supposed to do? Gain the respect of dwarves? By doing what? Raiding their villages or simply announcing themselves? Why would he not have given them a day to prepare the nessesary spells, rather than travelling spells? And why did he even care what the dwarves thought about the orcs when no dwarf had interacted with orcs as long as anyone can remember? The questions were many and the answers nonexistant. The FirstOrc was the personification of the complete lack of communication that the orc as a race suffered so severely from.
He turned around to the fellow orcs: "Did the FirstOrc tell you anything about what he hoped to achieve from having us walk face first into the halls of the dwarves guarded strongholds or if he wanted us to raid the villages close by?"

razorback
2016-05-12, 11:33 AM
"No direction other than to make them tremble, was given. I think we need to find our way, whether it is to treat with them or to slay, it is the path we must discover." Zunkgul says as he sniffs the air and keeps an eye out for trouble as Toliardog inspects the statues. "I have given it scant thought... but, if we are to be as the First said, perhaps we need to find a way to have them treat us as equals without the threat of the axe... but, as I said, we must find our way."

Sønderjye
2016-05-13, 02:57 AM
Toliardog sighs. I figured.

"In that case our first objective needs to be how they evaluate each other, I'll communicate with the surrounding nature and see if I can learn someting." He says before taking a step back and making sure that he's hidden in the tall grass before he extends his presence to the surrounding and tries to tap into the collective natural memory.

Hide: Taking 10 for 10+12(skill modifier)+15(ring of competence)=37.
Casting commune with nature to learn about the people. 10 min casting time. Learn three things about the people. Specifically does not work inside the city but the character is hoping to draw on the surrounding nature to learn from it's memory of when the dwarves are not inside their village.

grifter730
2016-05-13, 07:17 AM
Gil snorts in response. Petting Fip's head, he nods in the direction of the walking Ghazat, and the pet dinosaur saunters away to trail the lead orc. Gil himself walks forward, and within a few steps, his body begins to transform into a creature rarely seen, and certainly unlikely around these parts: the desmodu hunting bat. Soaring above the path, Gil keeps his eyes on his newfound companions below, and the foreboding dwarven town in the distance.

BelGareth
2016-05-17, 10:58 PM
Toliardog moves back and seemingly blends into the grasslands as if his skin were made of lizard skin, mottling right before your eyes, for no orc could do what he had just done, disappearing as if nothing was there.

Once settled in among the reeds, you let your spirit flow into the land, at first it resists you, an unfamiliar spirit, in an unfamiliar land. But you urge it to see who you really are, a kindred spirit trapped in the mortal form of an orc. It lessens, and you feel yourself being allowed in. Spreading over the hill-lands, you sense all life in a huge swathe of the mountain base, as if in an instant, you were no longer an orc, but a spirit of the land. Time seems to disappear, and your senses see the dwarves working the land, not hurting it like those without honor or understanding, but tendering the wounds and allowing to heal before working them again. It was painful, but a good pain, they never abused things, except maybe the stone, but a lack of stone in the surrounding area, you felt no pangs. All in all, the land accepts the dwarves and their town.

~

You transform into the dark shape and fly up above, you see a sprinkling of dwarves laboring in fields, a few shepherding flocks of goats, but nothing else untoward.

Sønderjye
2016-05-20, 02:58 AM
Toliardog stays on his knees after the spell ends, eyes still closed. It was a pleasant feeling, being one with the spirit and he wasn't quite ready to let it go. Once again he was reminded of the stories of protectors of druids retreating from the world and allowing their bodies to rot away as their spirit carelessly follows the flow through nature. He takes a deep breath and opens his eyes.
For good measure he throws a few fishbones and attempts to read the future in them.

Emerging from nothing Toliardog again stands between the other orcs. "Given that I don't see any guards I see three likely scenarios. Either the dwarves feel incredibly safe and secure, their dwarves are excellent at stealth and we are not able to see their guards or each individual dwarf is so strong that they don't need guards to protect them from the surroundings." He pauses to let that sink in before continueing, "Given that I am unable to detect any dangerous beasts in the area the first scenario it would be careless to leave a castle unattended even if the dwarves themselves does not feel threatened. As thus I think that the first scenario seem most likely. Furthermore it seems unlikely that if this village is heavily protected by magic if there is no dangers nearby. We should however arrange a scouting mission, who is capable of passing undetected?" He now looks expectingly at his comrade in mission.

Casting Augury to learn if it's a good idea to just walk into the city.

razorback
2016-05-20, 01:50 PM
"I have some magicks that will help me for a short duration but, as you can tell, I'm not really the sneaky type. Maybe I should act as the reinforcements if something goes wrong?"

Sønderjye
2016-05-22, 12:51 PM
I see. Do you think that you could turn into something flying and local and scout the village from above while I walk into it and try to learn what I can?

Assuming compliance, Toliardog discretely curses the elder orc for not giving him a day to prepare the appropriate spells. He had neither planned for diplomacy nor for scouting. He takes a deeb breath before mumbling some gibberish and making some floating gesture. He flinches as cracks are heard from his back and his spine bends and changes to match his new and smaller form. In his spot a younger dwarf appears.

"Shall we?" Toliardog says in a new and deeper voice before heading towards the village. He'll take the southern route, hoping that by climping the mountains he can sneak around the gate. He intends to scoop around and try to learn something about the dwarven city and traditions. He also hopes that he, being a quick learner, can pick up some of the language. If spotted he'll turn invisible for a good 4 minutes before finding somewhere else to start scooping around.

Hide: taking 10 for 37(15 from ring of competence).
Move Silently: Taking 10 for 37.
Gather information(if required): taking 10 for 49.

razorback
2016-05-24, 12:09 PM
"I can't turn into anything else but..." he begins as his wings unfurl behind him "I can scout as best I can. No one looking up is going to mistake me for a condor, I'm thinking." as his toothy grin juts out from under his helmet. "Will that work for you?"

Sønderjye
2016-05-24, 01:39 PM
"Scouting from high above would be useful. How good are your eyes? If you don't think that you can watch them from a distance where they can't see you I think we would benefit more from you taking a flight and surveying this general area from above rather than helping out with gathering information about the village itself." Toliardog responds.

razorback
2016-05-24, 01:58 PM
"My vision isn't great but my hearing is superb and I can smell things you would think only a dog could scent out. Maybe not the best for what we need but we work with what we have, eh? Although, if we are trying to talk our way through this, perhaps having a big, hulking beast like me might not be the best thing to see if you're trying to inspire trust." he says with a chuckle like rocks grinding against each other.

Sønderjye
2016-05-24, 02:39 PM
"You may be right or you may be wrong. One of the things I'm hoping to learn is whether showing power initially would be the smartest move but I can't know that without knowing their traditions and customs." He responds before adding as an afterthought. "Also remind me to ask you about what other things you are capable of doing when we are done with scouting."

J-H
2016-05-24, 09:29 PM
Ogadai
"Dwarves are not known for looking up, are they? Fly high, and they should not see you."

razorback
2016-05-25, 11:40 AM
Zunkgul smiles at Ogadai as his wings spread. "True, true... I'll be back shortly unless the dwarves have also found archery as a new pastime to go with cloud watching." leaping into the sky, he flies high above as he looks down below, trying to gauge the dwarves strength and defenses.