PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Most Miserable Character

Aldrakan
2015-09-29, 06:53 PM
So a while ago I came up with a build for an oracle, which I've put below.

Wrack the Tormented
Class: Dual-Cursed Oracle 10th level
Race: Merfolk
Str 7 Dex 9 Con 20 Int 10 Wis 13 Char 18

Mystery: Life
Curses: Forsaken (Improving), Sedentary (Not improving)

Revelations: Lifelink, Channel, Enhanced Cures, Misfortune

Feats: Fey Foundling, Toughness, Reach Spell, Godless Healing, Selective Channeling

Spells known:
(Cure spells)
1st: Ant Haul, Bless, Deathwatch, Entropic Shield, (Ill Omen), Obscuring Mist, Sanctuary
2nd: Aboleth's Lung, Bear's Endurance, Blood of the Martyr, Hold Person, Compassionate Ally, (Oracle's Burden), (Shield Other), Status
3rd: Accept Affliction, Badger's Ferocity, Channel the Gift, Dispel Magic, (Neutralize Poison), Prayer, Sacred Bond
4th: (Bestow Curse), Blessing of Fervor, Communal Protection from Energy, Greater Shield of Fortification, Persistent Vigor, Restoration
5th: (Breath of Life), Greater Forbid Action, Spell Resistance, Symbol of Pain

Notable Equipment:
Belt of Mighty Constitution
Flying carpet (Required for mobility)
A ton of healing potions

The basic premise is a character whose entire existence is absolutely tortured. Highlights include:

A spell list that emphasizes giving other people his stuff (spells, hit points (Shield Other and Life Bond on everyone!), etc.)
Barely being able to move under his own power (due to Sedentary and being a Merfolk on land, which is both a hint of minmaxing and makes him even more miserable).
A curse that makes him come back to life automatically if killed, meaning he doesn't have to break the Life Bonds even when he's dying
The same curse also stops people from helping him
An offensive repertoire consisting of various forms of share my agony!

Not sure what would make someone do this. Sworn oath of loyalty to an evil master who enjoys his suffering? Raised as an idol of worship by Zon-Kuthites and brainwashed? Fanatical worshiper of a god of self-sacrifice?

Questions? Suggestions for "improvement"? Other characters with absolutely hideous lives you've seen/played/constructed in a fit of sadism?
I'd love to see others, particularly in Pathfinder. So long as they're using tactics that make at least a vague amount of sense in-universe, not someone who just casts horrible agony spells on themselves for no reason)