PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class [3.5] "Tyler, why wont you let me in the campaign?"

Roleplayer
2015-09-29, 08:46 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/7a7979daf591fdf7c40e5df0938f202e.png

"Dude, he just called you an Idiot." - Dakota

Dragons of the green flight are highly reclusive. While the greens are the most populous flight left on Azeroth, they are also the most difficult to find on the mortal realm. Green dragons are creatures of the Emerald Dream, the ethereal dreamworld that all life is a part of, and spend the vast majority of their lives within it. Time is meaningless inside the Dream and as a result the green dragonflight is extremely long-lived. Ysera's consorts in particular almost never emerge and are effectively immortal. Other flights often call greens "brothers and sisters of Dream," in respect to the realm from which they hail.

The green flight watches over nature, often assisted by the night elven druids. Many night elves form such a close bond with the green flight they become dragonsworn. Dragonsworn of other races are believed to exist, but are rare. The dragons and druids work closely together within the Dream, where they can control the ebb and flow of nature and influence the evolutionary path it takes. As a result of Ysera's charge, the greens guard the Great Trees and can simultaneously see both the landscape of Azeroth and the corresponding dreamscape. This enchanted vision, known as dreamsight, allows green dragons to perceive their surroundings with perfect clarity even through closed eyes.

The green dragonflight is a peaceful, meditative society and most greens spend their time in quiet contemplation and the study of dreams. Greens are, like the other flights, highly intelligent and always striving to learn more about the world they were entrusted to protect, fretting out the mysteries of creation and life—but keeping all such secrets hidden within the Emerald Dream. They spend their time there interacting with creatures of myth and illusion.

The greens are a surprisingly swift flight, moving fast, often teleporting through the Dream to wherever their thoughts lead. As a result the greens are the least interested about happenings in the mortal realm and often must have any major events brought to their attention by the dragons of other flights. When they venture to the physical world, they act as though it is the illusion and the realm from which they hail is the only source of reality, often only appearing as an illusion in half ethereal forms, or not physically at all.

Male green dragons' names may sometimes end with -us and females with -ra. Some green dragon names are derived from subjects related to sleep. When taking humanoid form green dragons most often choose night elven or high elven forms.

Hit Die: d26
Skill Points: 1738+ Intelligence Modifier
Class Skills: Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge(any) (Int), Listen (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Speak Language (none), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Rope (Dex)
Proficiencies: Idiots are proficient with everything.

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special
Mythos
Excellencies

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck
Dude what the heck

The Idiot's Mythos: An idiot's power is expressed in terms of one or more "Mythos", the building blocks of the legend that they are, and the stories that they have told and will tell. While any given Mythos varies from the rest, they share some similar traits. They are always Extraordinary abilities, and when they reference a difficulty class for an imposed saving throw, that saving throw is always calculated as (10 + 1/2 class level + Charisma modifier, unless otherwise stated). When a Mythos references a "level" that is not clearly defined in some other way, such as "character level", it refers to "class level" as in the number of levels one has in the idiot class. When a Mythos references "allies", it specifically does not refer to the idiot using it. When a Mythos grants a feat as a bonus feat, it is regardless of whether the character meets the prerequisites for that feat (unless otherwise stated), and if the character already possesses that feat (in some permanent fashion - via the normal allotment gained by leveling up, or through another Mythos, and so on, but not those gained temporarily, such as via a "Heroics" spell), they must replace the prior instance of that feat with another feat that they qualify for.

Every Mythos has a Tier. The Tier of a Mythos ranges from 1 to 4, typically referred to as Exceptional, Fantastic, Legendary, and Exalted. idiot with Exceptional Mythos are demonic dragons, not dark like Blackguards that traffic with undead, but glorious and shining with the grace of the Abyss for all to see. At the Fantastic level, idiots become small poisonous stars, erroding the integrity of the world with their hate and audacious command of powers beyond mortal seeming. Legendary idiots can be abyssal generals, or marching fortresses of doom in their own right, shaking the earth and sky with every step. With Exalted Mythos, idiots seek to outshine the very heavens with their baleful radiance, burning down a world too weak for them to even tread upon.

Some Mythos, in addition to their initial stated effect, have Basic and Advanced manifestations. When a idiot gains access to a Mythos with a list of Basic manifestations, they may choose one such manifestation, and they gain that benefit immediately as well. This choice may not be changed later. When a idiot gains access to a Mythos with a list of Advanced manifestations, they may choose one such manifestation, and they gain that benefit upon achieving their next level of idiot. This choice may be changed at any point before receiving the chosen manifestation itself, but not after (choosing beforehand is just an easy way to mark it down on your character sheet so you don't forget that you'll be getting something later).

Mythos Known: A 1st level idiot begins play with two Exceptional Mythos that he qualifies for if this is his first level in a PC character class. At higher levels, he gains additional Mythos as noted on the idiot class table.

For characters that multiclass into idiot after having taken levels in another PC character class, the 1st level of idiot grants only a single Exceptional Mythos, rather than two.

A idiot also has the ability to learn more Mythos, above the ones automatically allotted to him by leveling up by performing certain tasks. Whenever he spends money to adorn himself with garish, but non-magical, finery that serves no purpose but to display his wealth and self-aggrandizement (such as a silk robe or a golden scepter studded with emeralds), and the money is truly gone and not recouped somehow, he gains the value of that finery in gold pieces as Mythos Points. At the higher end of things, he may also construct monuments to his greatness, such as statues of his likeness, or extraneous palaces for him to lounge uselessly in between adventures.

By spending 1,000 Mythos Points, and 250xp, a idiot may learn an Exceptional Mythos. A Fantastic Mythos requires 5,000 Mythos Points and 500xp. A Legendary Mythos takes 10,000 Mythos Points, and 1,000xp. And an Exalted Mythos takes 20,000 Mythos Points and 2,000xp.

For half the listed price for a given Tier, a idiot may learn a Basic or Advanced manifestation of a Mythos they already know of that Tier.

Learning Mythos above the standard amount requires astounding, nearly single-minded devotion to the story of the idiot. One may only utilize this ability while more than half of his effective character level (ECL) is devoted to levels in the idiot class.

Unquestionable Excellence: As denoted on their class table, an idiot gains a certain number of abilities known as "Excellencies". These tend to be more general, generic, and passive than a Mythos, but are useful nonetheless, and are drawn from their own separate list, unsegregated by Tiers. Like a Mythos, a idiot may learn more Excellencies above their allotted amount. Each one costs 1,000 Mythos Points and 100xp, plus an additional 1,000 Mythos Points and 100xp for each time a new Excellency is innovated beyond the first. (So, 2,000mp and 200xp for the second, 3,000mp and 300xp for the third, etc.)

A 1st level Idiot kills everyone in his party immediately.

At 3rd level They call their enemies idiots, and they die
with no save.

At 5th level they automatically win.

Pawx
2015-09-29, 08:57 PM
Dude, what the HECK.

ben-zayb
2015-09-30, 03:07 AM
I'm still making heads or tails of this. Is it a post from an extremely advanced bot, a parody (or hyperbole) of the Mythos subsystem's mechanics, or both?:smalltongue:

Amechra
2015-09-30, 04:25 AM
Considering that Roleplayer has precisely two posts? I'm going with "both" on this one.

Tychris1
2015-09-30, 08:06 AM
No he's not a bot, he's just someone I know who's butthurt that they can't be in a campaign with me.

Roleplayer
2015-09-30, 05:46 PM
No he's not a bot, he's just someone I know who's butthurt that they can't be in a campaign with me. Why would you say that in front of all my friends?

Solaris
2015-09-30, 06:37 PM
Why would you say that in front of all my friends?

Link relevant (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oZkfB3v28So#t=272) to the circumstances.

Leaving aside internet anonymity, this probably rates about on par with trying to get an ex-girlfriend back by crooning love songs outside her window at 2 AM on the "effective plan-o'-meter".

Pawx
2015-09-30, 07:54 PM
Link relevant (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oZkfB3v28So#t=272) to the circumstances.

Leaving aside internet anonymity, this probably rates about on par with trying to get an ex-girlfriend back by crooning love songs outside her window at 2 AM on the "effective plan-o'-meter".

Dude, He just called you an IDIOT.

WaylanderX
2015-09-30, 08:26 PM
Eh....Eh....Wut? I am trying to make sense of this whole thread, but I'm failing completely.

Solaris
2015-09-30, 08:29 PM
Dude, He just called you an IDIOT.

I wouldn't say idiot... but perhaps ill-considered.

Eh....Eh....Wut? I am trying to make sense of this whole thread, but I'm failing completely.

That's because there's no real sense to be made from it. Nothing good comes from this sort of thing.

Roleplayer
2015-09-30, 08:32 PM
Eh....Eh....Wut? I am trying to make sense of this whole thread, but I'm failing completely. Are you saying you don't like the class?

SodaDarwin
2015-09-30, 09:34 PM
Are you saying you don't like the class?

Well, a class needs proper stats to be enjoyed.
This class is even worse than the Truenamer in that regard.
It's amusing, but seems really... meh. Would be neat if it was straight up a functional 'joke' class though.

I accidentally saw Mythos in the title. Turns out this pokes fun at mythos. Geewillikers.