PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Sizes

Yogibear41
2015-09-30, 12:39 AM
A creatures that uses a larger sized weapon takes a -2 penalty to hit when using the weapon, but is the same true for the opposite? For example can a large creature use a medium weapon without suffering the -2 penalty as well?

I am working on a melee character that has the ability to change sizes, and in this particular case the size of his gear does not change with him(other than the standard magic items changing to fit)
And I would like to be able to use the same weapon in both medium and my large forms without penalty, is this doable without some sort of magic?

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-30, 01:15 AM
A creatures that uses a larger sized weapon takes a -2 penalty to hit when using the weapon, but is the same true for the opposite? For example can a large creature use a medium weapon without suffering the -2 penalty as well?

I am working on a melee character that has the ability to change sizes, and in this particular case the size of his gear does not change with him(other than the standard magic items changing to fit)
And I would like to be able to use the same weapon in both medium and my large forms without penalty, is this doable without some sort of magic?

The rule is for inappropriately sized weapons. Too big or too small gets the same penalty. That said, the sizing enhancement can fix that problem handily for a flat 5k.

Greenish
2015-09-30, 01:43 AM
And I would like to be able to use the same weapon in both medium and my large forms without penalty, is this doable without some sort of magic?Bribe your DM into using 3.0 weapon size rules. :smalltongue:

A -2 to attack is annoying but probably tolerable, especially since it only applies when you're in the "wrong" size.