PDA

View Full Version : Oots vs Erf...

Mr. Mud
2007-05-18, 10:17 PM
Oots or Erfworld?
If you could only read one of them and could only read 1 installment a day, what would u pick?

Personally i'm an oots guy myself, probably because i havent read Erfworld 48-53 but i guess wont make much of a difference?

(oh yea and sorry it wasnt a poll they dont run very smoothly on my comp:smallfrown: )

Flinch
2007-05-18, 10:49 PM
I sort of appreciate OoTS's general lack of homoerotic undertones, a quality in which Erf falls short. :smalltongue:

BobTheDog
2007-05-18, 10:53 PM
Kinda odd, posting this kind of question in the OotS forum. I'd say the results wouldn't prove any point whatsoever. Specially if you consider they're works completely different in style. It's like asking what's better: Pizza or soccer.

Btw, pizza or soccer? :smalltongue:

Earendill
2007-05-18, 11:02 PM
A similar thread got locked today on the Erf forums. It serves noone and harms many. And it's a general no-no

J_Muller
2007-05-18, 11:04 PM
Kinda odd, posting this kind of question in the OotS forum. I'd say the results wouldn't prove any point whatsoever. Specially if you consider they're works completely different in style. It's like asking what's better: Pizza or soccer.

Pizza. Hands down.

Gaelbert
2007-05-18, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I agree with Bob. Asking in an Ooots forum will give you a biased perspective. But for the record, I'd have to go with Oots and soccer.

Ralfarius
Pizza. Hands down.
Them's fightin' words.

The Viking

Soccer with a pizza as the ball.
Or possibly a soccer-ball pizza, with a soccer ball instead of a bread base.

Similarly, I'd prefer OOTS with Erf characters/terminology (not plot or humour), or vice versa.

Shott
2007-05-18, 11:09 PM
Them's fightin' words.

I got his back. For pizza!

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-18, 11:23 PM
Pizza. Not a sports guy.

And I'm of the opinion that we SHOULDN'T compare them at all. They are entirely different, and you can't effectively compare them. I'm not voting for either.

BobTheDog
2007-05-18, 11:39 PM
Oops, didn't mean for things to get bloody... Calm down, people, we can always play soccer and then eat pizza, or the other way around. Though I guess playing soccer after a (un)healthy dose of pizza can be dangerous...

Agalyon
2007-05-19, 02:27 AM
A similar thread got locked today on the Erf forums. It serves noone and harms many. And it's a general no-no

True guys, I guess the Pizza vs Soccer is ok for general forums (if anyone really wants a poll on that...) but OotS vs Erf is a huge no-no :smallannoyed:

Setra
2007-05-19, 02:31 AM

Pizza, easily.

Also, OotS

dragon95046
2007-05-19, 03:35 AM
Pizza, easily.

Also, OotS

I am in complete agreement with this one.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-19, 05:23 AM
OotS, more story involvement, more funny.

Not that Erfworld's bad. If Erfworld was on strip 453 I might make a differant choice.

Dread
2007-05-19, 05:33 AM
I sort of appreciate OoTS's general lack of homoerotic undertones, a quality in which Erf falls short. :smalltongue:

What about Sabine wanting to make "friendly contact" with a certain ex-paladin? Anyway, what's worse about homoerotics than heteroerotics?
@Topic: I'll take the pizza, but I also think you can't compare the comics. Not yet, anyway.

Overelemental
2007-05-19, 05:35 AM
OotS of course, no contest.

Also, "soccer", with a bit more contest.

Ichneumon
2007-05-19, 05:36 AM
Pizza. Because I do not like soccer

Oots. Because it is great and Erf isn't.

Erk
2007-05-19, 05:58 AM
Yay for valuable discussion topics that couldn't possibly hurt anyone's feelings or lead to arguments, while simultaneously illuminating important areas of information. After all, god only knows there is a finite allowance of webcomics in the world.

Wych
2007-05-19, 06:05 AM
Pizza! although doing like I am today and watching the FA cup final at the same time as eating pizza ultimately wins.

and i honestly couldn't say, there are more OotS and its a completely different sort of humour to erf. Just like the Pizza vs. FOOTBALL (not soccer, and that thing americans call football isn't football :P) discussion, ultimately you have to have both.

daydreamer
2007-05-19, 06:09 AM
It's like trying to compare Mozart and Beethoven. They're so different you can't compare them.

Castamir
2007-05-19, 06:19 AM
More like Mozart vs Britney Spears or any of the recent two-bit pop crap.

While they play quite different styles, the difference in class is HUGE. And just like BS getting billions of dollars in promotion at the start, Erf gets read by people only by the virtue of being linked from (and hosted on) the Playground.

Come on, we're comparing Erf with Da Bestest webcomic at the moment. Perhaps Schlock (http://schlockmercenary.com) in the days of Sweet Mother of Swamp Monkeys was a contender, but Erf? No way.