PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help Me With A Rogue Psychic

NeverSleeps
2015-09-30, 10:38 AM
I'm starting up a new campaign and wanted to make a Rogue-Psychic multi-class. I took the dip in Rogue for some versatility, and flavor.

So I'm building a character that I want to have a really interesting flavor, and not necessarily for max optimization, although being powerful would be nice too.

(Level 1; Rogue)

STATBLOCK

12 Strengh

14 Dexterity

12 Constitution

18 Intelligence

13 Wisdom

17 Charisma

Feats: Weapon Finesse, Agile Maneuvers (Dex To Damage)

I'm going for the Rapport psychic, because I'd kinda enjoy a guy who can do some social on the downtime. Still, I'd like to see what the people here have been doing with psychic, and honestly, I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with this guy. He could end up filling a lot of roles, and I'd like to see what advice you all have.

Ilorin Lorati
2015-09-30, 10:43 AM
Well, you're not going to be terribly optimized when multiclassing like this, so it's good you're not worried about that.

A few things for you to consider:

Will your DM allow Rogue VMC for you?
Will your DM allow you to ignore the arcane spell requirement of Arcane Trickster?
Alternatively, will your DM allow the usage of arcane SLAs to count for prerequisites?

NeverSleeps
2015-09-30, 11:26 AM
This DM is brand new, so unless you link me to a uniquely good guide to VMC and such, I'm thinkin' I'll keep it plain.

Optimization isn't a big deal, all the characters are being played by people more experienced than the DM and we sorta all decided to not optimize.

But that reminds me, I'd appreciate other people's thoughts on the Phrenic stuff, so if any of you want to talk about that, I'd love to see the community opinions.

LastOblivion
2015-09-30, 11:39 AM
I don't really know what is and isn't allowed in pathfinder, but are you able to use the psychic rogue?

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b

FocusWolf413
2015-09-30, 12:21 PM
Why are you investing two feats to get +1 attack and damage? It's not worth it. Try getting int or cha to hit instead.

NeverSleeps
2015-09-30, 12:54 PM
Why are you investing two feats to get +1 attack and damage? It's not worth it. Try getting int or cha to hit instead.

Because I'm a goof and forgot that I was rebuilding an old dex build when I created the character, thanks for the catch.

Vhaidara
2015-09-30, 12:54 PM
Also, agile maneuvers doesn't give dex to damage, its dex to CMB.

NeverSleeps
2015-09-30, 01:36 PM
Also, agile maneuvers doesn't give dex to damage, its dex to CMB.

Well, that's true.

Now I'm kind of wondering what the hells I was trying to do with that previous build. So I guess this is the embarrassing part where I admit I'm the most forgetful guy ever. :smallbiggrin:

FocusWolf413
2015-09-30, 02:25 PM
Do you have access to DSP? If so, use the Cutthroat Soulknife and mix it with your favorite psionic caster.

gorfnab
2015-09-30, 03:38 PM
What about going with Cryptic (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/cryptic) instead of Rogue-Psychic multiclass?

NeverSleeps
2015-09-30, 04:43 PM
What about going with Cryptic (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/cryptic) instead of Rogue-Psychic multiclass?

Because I want to try the Psychic class out, and a dip in Rogue sorta equalizes the other player's race choices which give them level adjustment.

I know there are probably a dozen Spooky Rogue choices, but the idea of a Rapport Psychic with Rogue roots seems like a cool thing to try. Thanks for the input, though, I don't mean to shut you down.