PDA

View Full Version : E6 e6 Beguiler Factotum

DrBloodbathMC
2015-09-30, 10:53 AM
I'm building a beguiler factotum (Beguiler race, in short small, 20 ft movement, -4 str, +6 dex, +2 int)

I'm having an issue with my point buy, assuming my DM doesn't allow Mystery Faeiry Initiate I'm lost on how to build him, the one thing I know I need is as high an int as possible.

Flavor wise he's going to be the macgyver type character, taking mundane items and making gadgets, albeit a lot of one time use gadgets, out of them.

(we anthropomorphised him so he actually has hands and as such lost a few skills and such)

Fouredged Sword
2015-09-30, 11:21 AM
I can't recommend Trapsmith for 5 levels. The added spells will make you very happy and the traps seem straight up the concept you are looking for.

Nihilarian
2015-09-30, 11:49 AM
Do you need help figuring out your stats?

I can't recommend Trapsmith for 5 levels. The added spells will make you very happy and the traps seem straight up the concept you are looking for.it's an e6 game.

Mr Adventurer
2015-09-30, 11:52 AM
Do you still fly?
Do you have a level adjustment?

Fouredged Sword
2015-09-30, 11:56 AM
I missed that. I still suggest taking the first level. Factotum 6 offers no class features, so it's a pretty dead level. Factotum 5 / trapsmith 1 offers haste a few times a day and the ability to carry around a sizing crossbow that you make colossal for 6d8 damage crossbow traps. Just make sure to pick up practiced spellcaster to handle your horrid caster level.

The other good option is chameleon (2nd level spells off any list for a 1 level dip), but you are not human.

DrBloodbathMC
2015-10-01, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I need help with stats a lot. Due to his health I'm making him more ranged than melee, and he has a LA of 1. Tentatively I have his stats as 10, 14, 12, 20, 7, 8 with the keen intellect feat so wisdom is more or less unneeded, and no I don't have fly, I had to give up everything but darkvision and low light vision to keep the LA at only 1 so I have 25 points to work with.

I'm really sorry if I'm being vague right now, Im typing up minutes before an online test in a class so time is short.

Factotum 6 may not be useful but then I can get his cunning surge through a feat according to my dm.