PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Dance of the Peacock

DarkEternal
2015-09-30, 03:31 PM
A player in my group decided to take a Bard with this Masterpiece

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/bardic-masterpieces/masterpieces/pageant-of-the-peacock

Am I missing something here or is this ability pretty much something that breaks every knowledge check in the game, hell every int based check in the game, especially for a class like bard that has the charisma and the skill points to waste? It seems like it makes every other skill monkey focused build obsolete? Any fix for it somewhere? From the fluff text it seems you're just good, real good at deceiving others or appearing more knowledgable then you really are, but if it was something like "You have a chance to bring useful information through some tidbits that are shown by your confident speech" and gave you approximate abilities of using the skill, I'd be alright with it. This way, you can basically do every int check and pass it without fail.

Geddy2112
2015-09-30, 03:38 PM
Bards can take 20 on knowledge checks at level 5. Hell, archivist bards can do it at level 2. Lore oracles also get pretty silly with knowledge checks. It is good, but it is by no means broken. It seems a little weird fluffwise, but bardic music can do strange things...like let you tell a lie into truth?