PDA

View Full Version : High Powered Pathfinder Game Advice Wanted

Wonderlost
2015-10-01, 12:20 AM
The Pathfinder group I've recently joined plays using some variant rules for character building including limited gestalting, gaining max hp every level, and starting with max hero points(with a higher base maximum of 5 instead of 3). The group also included the option to not gestalt and be just a single class character with the added extra of an additional feat every level.
3rd party spells & feats are allowed, including any 3.5 material that doesn't have an existing Pathfinder equivalent(though nothing from Dragon magazine is allowed by the DM without specific permission), but no 3rd party classes and no prestige classes at all.
The other players are currently 10th level and they want me to build a character at that level with 62000 gp in equipment/wealth.

The current party is composed of a barbian/witch, a skald/shaman, a conjuration wizard focused on summoning, a war priest, a fighter, and a rogue/ranger.

I am thinking of building a cold themed sorcerer(as it is something I haven't personally done before), but any advice or suggestions from everybody here would be greatly appreciated.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-10-01, 03:41 PM
Watch Batman and Robin, and write down all the puns.

:smallbiggrin:

Geddy2112
2015-10-01, 04:02 PM
If you want a cold themed sorcerer, boreal is probably the best bloodline for the additional DC. The capstone bloodline power is awful, as it makes you vulnerable to fire. Since you can gestalt, winter witch is a great combo for cold spell power. You could also go oracle with the winter mystery for charisma synergy.

Also, you might get more help in the 3e/3.5/pathfinder forum