PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Create Demiplane Spells

Xar Zarath
2015-10-01, 04:54 AM
I read about the create demiplane spells from PF and they are much more rigid and defined compared to Genesis.

Using the highest version of the spell: 9th level Greater Create Demiplane, I would like to know how many castings of the spell would it take to create; (let's say the Wizard's level is 20)

a demiplane the size of a small island like Singapore?

a demiplane the size of a small country? (say Lichtenstein as an example)

a demiplane the size of a big country? (example: North America/China/Russia)

a demiplane the size of a continent? (Africa, the whole of Europe etc)

a demiplane the size of Earth?

Harmelyo
2015-10-01, 04:58 AM
Is this a practical exercise or something planned to be implemented in a real game?
- I ask this question as if it is just an exercice, a witch or any class with a few friends and the Hex: Coven would be far more efficient at casting this spell.

-What is the effective level of your wizard?

legomaster00156
2015-10-01, 07:15 AM
North America is a continent composed of three large countries and several smaller ones.

jamieth
2015-10-01, 08:31 AM
Assuming no shenanigans - that is, caster level 20, allowing 400 10-ft cubes per casting - and assuming you're fine with your demiplane being just 10 feet high, you can get 40000 sq. feet per cast, making it...

Singapore is 187561 castings
Lichtenstein is 43056
Russia is 4.6 Billion

And Earth - assuming we want entire planet, rather than just the surface - would take 9.561*10^16 castings.

Numbers are brought by Wolfram Alpha computational engine.

Milo v3
2015-10-01, 10:23 AM
Don't forget, with every casting of create demiplane, you'll also need a casting of permanency.

Xar Zarath
2015-10-02, 12:10 AM
Is this a practical exercise or something planned to be implemented in a real game?

Both practical and planned to implement. Considering how many castings just to make a country the size of Lichtenstein, maybe i'll just handwave it and wizard did it long time ago...:smallredface:

-What is the effective level of your wizard?

20th though I do plan on Epic/Mythic. Maybe a group casting with tons of diamonds to serve as cost to increase the size?

Harmelyo
2015-10-02, 12:32 AM
If you go Mythic well that is another problem all together...
But without opening this can of worms, one way of doing it is to go for the Hex:Coven + friends (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?447160-Witch-Coven-Leadership-Profit). You should be able to reduce the number of castings required drastically by pumping your CL through the sky. This also have the added interest of making this a nice plot hook (100 of witches joining to create their own kingdom away from the persecution)