PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Gestalt Help

FocusWolf413
2015-10-01, 07:26 AM
My DM is allowing all of the players to take three gestalt levels whenever we want. I'm playing the martial adept version of Grod's Ranger fix and all of Grod's G&G rules are in play. We use DSP's martial maneuvers because they're more balanced. My stat mods are +1 D +5 C +2 I +1 W +1 C -1.

I should probably explain who this guy is. My ranger is a wood elf. In this setting, wood elves were banished from their homes and castrated because of some crime. His crime was wearing unfashionable sharkskin armor. All of the years of exile have made him paranoid and extremely racist against elves. His exceptional talent at tracking, hunting, poisoning, and generally making life hell for other elves caught the attention of one of the local governments. They've been hiring him as an assassin because they know that when elves are involved, he'll get the job done.

I was thinking three levels of Warlock for Baleful Utterance, Spiderwalk, Detect Magic, and See the Unseen, but I'm not sure it's all worth it. Incarnum sounds cool, but I'd need help choosing the soulmelds. Should I only take two of the levels now and wait until later for a one level dip into stalker? Should I take a level of savage (G&G) to get scent instead of See the Unseen?

We're starting at third level.

nedz
2015-10-01, 09:19 AM
Cleric, Druid or Spirit Shaman — you have just enough Wisdom.
There are lots of options with the first two, which you go for depends upon your character concept.
Why you could even make Ranger your 3 level Gestalt.

FocusWolf413
2015-10-01, 09:47 AM
I made a ranger because I haven't played a ranger in a long time. I thought magic racism powers sounded funny.

Essence_of_War
2015-10-01, 10:25 AM
Cleric, Druid or Spirit Shaman — you have just enough Wisdom.
There are lots of options with the first two, which you go for depends upon your character concept.
Why you could even make Ranger your 3 level Gestalt.

I agree with this. At least 1 level of cleric for travel devotion is fantastic for a martial character.