PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing Ranged Spell Attacks

g3taso
2015-10-01, 08:53 AM
I'm playing in a PF game with 3.5 access and as a spell-caster I make a lot of ranged touch attacks and some plain old ranged attacks as well with my spells. My Channel Vigor and Divine Power (the nerfed PF version) spells can certainly help along with a True Strike now and then, but it's situational and spell intensive.

How can I add my INT/CHA/WIS bonus (CHA, in my case) to these rolls to really pump up my hitting something? I seem to recall spells or items that let me add my attrib bonuses to at least the ranged touch attacks, but I'm on the boundaries of a dead zone in the mountains. Any word on how I can get these pumped up? Barring that, really I'm looking for any spell/item/etc that adds a good bonus.

Warrnan
2015-10-01, 12:39 PM
There is a feat called zen archery in complete warrior. The fluff text says weapons but the rules text says ranged attacks. Ask your DM if this can allow your wisdom to add to your ranged spells instead of dex.

There's a whole section in complete arcane called weapon-like spell's. It basically allows stuff like weapons focus to apply to weapon feats.

Ellowryn
2015-10-01, 01:02 PM
I don't know what class you are, but if you happen to be a sorcerer then see if you can grab Arcane Fusion and Greater Arcane Fusion from 3.5. It allows you to cast 2 spells of lower level without expending extra spell slots in one standard action so you can throw off True Strike with your blasting spells without wasting all your lower level slots..