PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder I just had a crazy idea! How hard would converting the Emerald Spire to Psionics be?

EisenKreutzer
2015-10-01, 04:44 PM
Hold me! I just had a terrible idea!

I am currently working on a miniature campaign setting: Kerebra, The Sapient Land (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?411985-Help-me-nail-down-my-psionic-setting).

And today, while reading through the Emerald Spire (I say reading, but so far I have only been flipping through the book a couple of times), I had an epiphany. A bad epiphany. What if I were to run the Emerald Spire in Kerebra, and convert the entire thing so all spellcasters are switched out for manifesters?

The PCs would all be manifesters, and I would convert all NPCs to use psinics instead of arcane or divine magic.

It sounds like a lot of work, but since the floors of the dungeon are so separate, I could convert it one floor at a time which would mean I'd have more time to do it in.

How ambitious is this idea? Would I run into any insurmountable problems attempting this?

Also, if I were to convert and refluff the entire dungeon, how difficult would it be to separate the adventure from the story? How tied is it into the Golarion setting, and how fluff much would I have to produce from my anus to make the adventure work?

CockroachTeaParty
2015-10-01, 10:41 PM
Not every layer has a caster, so it's not nearly as big a task as it may initially seem. Indeed, each layer is pretty distinct and separate feeling, the only unifying qualities being the vague 'plot' and the presence of the emerald spire on every map.

You could axe the big green crystal and play them as individual dungeons, or multiple smaller dungeons composed of two or more layers. Not too big a deal.

The 'plot' is pretty vague and mostly behind the scenes, beyond PC knowledge, so inserting it into whatever you want should be pretty easy.

Lord_Gareth
2015-10-01, 10:47 PM
Hold me! I just had a terrible idea!

I am currently working on a miniature campaign setting: Kerebra, The Sapient Land (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?411985-Help-me-nail-down-my-psionic-setting).

And today, while reading through the Emerald Spire (I say reading, but so far I have only been flipping through the book a couple of times), I had an epiphany. A bad epiphany. What if I were to run the Emerald Spire in Kerebra, and convert the entire thing so all spellcasters are switched out for manifesters?

The PCs would all be manifesters, and I would convert all NPCs to use psinics instead of arcane or divine magic.

It sounds like a lot of work, but since the floors of the dungeon are so separate, I could convert it one floor at a time which would mean I'd have more time to do it in.

How ambitious is this idea? Would I run into any insurmountable problems attempting this?

Also, if I were to convert and refluff the entire dungeon, how difficult would it be to separate the adventure from the story? How tied is it into the Golarion setting, and how fluff much would I have to produce from my anus to make the adventure work?

My friend, as someone who is slogging his way through running the Emerald Spire right now, this is my advice: get that evil from you as fast as possible, then consult a doctor about getting its text removed from your mind. Nothing wholesome can come of this total abyss of adventure design. Nothing. Wholesome.