PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] "Cyborg" Build

Thurbane
2015-10-01, 07:55 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking a weird build (again) just for giggles.

Mechanatrix (with Human Heritage feat) into Renegade Mastermaker and then into Green Star Adept for a few levels.

I know this is a horrible build mechanically, but how would you do it, to optimize the whole mechanical man/cyborg feel of the character?

Bonus points if he can get a familiar with an electrical attack for infinite OOC healing.

Cheers - T

DMVerdandi
2015-10-01, 10:14 PM
How would we build it, or what would we do with your build?

Darrin
2015-10-02, 06:21 AM
In the interests of FLDFGSA ("Friends Don' (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?158633)t Let Friends Green Star Adept"), how about:

Artificer 6/Renegade Mastermaker 10/Reforged 3.

Or:

Duskblade 5/Renegade Mastermaker 10/Spellcarved Soldier 4

Or... I've always wanted to try and combine Dragonblood Cleric 9's Energy Sustenance with Shocking Fist. Maybe:

Dragonborn Cleric 5/Renegade Mastermaker 10/Dragonborn Cleric +4

Hmm. Comes in awful late, and Dragontouched isn't available at 1st, so going Dragonborn might muck things up.

nedz
2015-10-02, 07:15 AM
Bonus points if he can get a familiar with an electrical attack for infinite OOC healing

Shocker Lizard via Improved Familiar, but Stunning Shock only does non-lethal — so you might need two of them ?
Also you need acquire a familiar in the first place.

or just take the Storm Bolt Reserve feat and keep targeting yourself.

Psyren
2015-10-02, 08:47 AM
Where is Mechanatrix from?

And I second Darrin, Green Star Adept is to be avoided. It's not even particularly "mechanical" for your build, though I suppose you can refluff the asteroid dust as nanites or something.

dysprosium
2015-10-02, 09:00 AM
Where is Mechanatrix from?

It is one of those "other" planetouched races. The mechanatrix is introduced in Fiend Folio and is supposed to be descended from modrons or inevitables.

The Viscount
2015-10-03, 07:15 PM
Improved Familiar will nab you the Spark Guardian Familiar from CWar. It requires some small crafting investment, but 2d6 elec as an at will ranged touch attack.

I wonder if some Fleshwarper to make good use of the warforged grafts may be advantageous.

Taveena
2015-10-03, 07:17 PM
For what it's worth, Shape Soulmeld (Lightning Gauntlets) gives you unlimited self-healing. Dunno if that's worth a feat, but it's a Thing Mechantrices can do.