PDA

View Full Version : Henry The Spider

JNAProductions
2015-10-01, 08:06 PM
Players of mine, please do not read.

I need an enemy-a spider themed smuggler/warlock. Any ideas on how to make this guy?

For reference, we're playing Hoard of the Dragon Queen, and I want to weave in a little subplot to make it unique, rather than just another HotDQ run.

Falcon X
2015-10-02, 10:18 AM
If he is a smuggler, he will need skills. I wold definitely make him Rogue 1/Warlock X

One of my characters would convert pretty well. Here are the rundown of his choices:

He is a master of his environment, being able to read lips at long range and telepathically relay it to his allies. He can also eldritch blast, find traps and pick locks, do familiar shenanigans, never be surprised, debuff the enemy, climb on walls, and some other cool stuff.

I picture him always lurking about 30' behind the party keeping everyone on track and always telling them what is about to happen (through familiar and perception).
Spider Climb and Hex are almost always prepared.

Rogue 1/Chainlock 3
Race: Halfling
Warlock of the Old One - So he can communicate telepathically
Devil's Sight - So he can see in any darkness
Mage Sight - I gave this as a magic item. He has permanent detect magic.
Familiar - For amazing scouting and other utility
Observant Feat - This is his main thing
Lucky Feat - If you can find a way to get another feat

Skills: Acrobatics, Deception, Perception (expertise), Investigation (expertise), Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Thieves Tools

Spell List:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Silent Image, Mage Hand, True Strike
Lvl 1 Spells: Comprehend Languages, Darkness, Detect Thoughts, Dissonant Whispers, Expedious Retreat, Hex, Phantasmal Force, Spider Climb, Tasha's Hideous Laughter.