PDA

View Full Version : Unseen Seer Warlock build advice needed

Jallorn
2015-10-01, 11:39 PM
So I'm trying to qualify for Unseen Seer as a Warlock/Scout. I presently have 9 levels to work with, at least 5 of which must be Warlock because of the game premise. Levels in a PRC that progress Warlock casting count towards that minimum, but I'd like to have Fell Flight. I'm trying to qualify for Improved Skirmish, which means I also want 3 levels of Scout since I need that +1 to AC.

So far I've found Magical Training and Precocious Apprentice both don't work because they don't give me a 1st level spell, the former providing 3 0 levels, and the latter 1 2nd level. I find this second bit hilarious and frustrating.

About to inquire to the DM about possible solutions around Precocious Apprentice.

Would Sanctum Spell work? Feat tax is too expensive.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-10-02, 04:29 AM
One level in Abrupt Jaunt conjuror will do it, or a similar class that gets two first-level spells at level 1. You can keep Scribe Scroll or pick up a fighter feat, such as Improved Initiative.

That would result in scout 3/wizard 1/warlock 5/unseen seer X.

Jallorn
2015-10-02, 04:35 AM
Yes, the level one dip is pretty clear. I thought I'd said it in my opening post, but apparently not, so here: the level 1 dip is my last resort. I'm looking for ways to qualify that don't require it and are more worthwhile. So far, the only way I've found is just too expensive in terms of feats, but I'm hoping there's something else out there I haven't been able to find.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-10-02, 04:59 AM
Beguilers can cast two first-level divination spells at first level. They are probably the best fit for a stealthy mage. The downside is you get trapfinding twice; talk to your DM about trading it in. There aren't that many options for trapfinding, and none for scouts, but a rogue can get disguise self as SLA 1/day instead (Exemplars of Evil), so your DM may allow that.

I don't think there are any feats that allow you to cast two first-level spells. But I may be wrong.

ILM
2015-10-02, 07:22 AM
Do SLAs count? I was thinking of a Spellstitched Necropolitan, but you'd need help from the DM...

nedz
2015-10-02, 09:22 AM
Ideally this should be posted in the 3.5 sub-forum: you would get more responses. You can ask the mods to move the thread by reporting it and asking them to move it.

I would normally go with the Beguiler dip, but you can do this with Magical Training so long as you are an Illuminium.

Basically they can get two free heightens — which you apply to two divination cantrips.