PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Druids and The Elemental Evil Spells

GWJ_DanyBoy
2015-10-02, 11:57 AM
So anyone have experience with druids in the Princes of the Apocalypse? Specifically I want to know about the expanded spell list. The EE Player's Companion gives a warning against giving all the spells. While that would be the easiest thing to do, I worry about balance and such.
If anyone has chosen to limit the spell list, why'd you do it, and how did you do it?

Santra
2015-10-02, 01:04 PM
From what I have seen the EE spells are well balanced. None of them are must have spells but many fill niches that needed filled (for sorcerers especially).

Bupp
2015-10-02, 08:57 PM
In my game the spell list in the PHB is the default list. Those are the spells any cleric, druid, paladin knows. Wizards, bards, sorcerers and warlocks use those lists to choose spells from when they level up.

Spells from other sources...homebrew, conversions, and supplements like EE either have to be specifically found (for wizards), or granted specifically by their gods, nature spirits, what have you as additional flavor or specific boons.

These spells from other sources can also be tracked down, studied and researched and learned as a downtime activity.

Kryx
2015-10-03, 02:27 AM
EE spells are balanced. Slightly underpowered in a few cases.

There is no balance reason to not give them out.