PDA

View Full Version : Single weapon fighting

Morty
2007-05-19, 01:29 PM
Alright, so we've got two handed weapons, two weapon fighting and sword-and-board. But does someone know any feats, PrCs or anything that'd support wielding one one-handed weapon? I can personally think of Exotic weapon Master and Duelist, but I'm not familiar with many books.

melchizedek
2007-05-19, 01:59 PM
It's not a very well supported build. It is, in fact, not nearly as well supported as it should be. Personally, I think Wizards should do a lot more to enhance both this and two-weapon fighting.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-19, 02:01 PM
Bladesinger in Forgotten Realms has some stuff for it. There's an Einhander feat in some book I don't have as well.

The_Snark
2007-05-19, 02:29 PM
Einhander is from the PHBII, and works rather nicely with the Duelist.

Tome of Battle characters can often get away with not using the most optimal weapon combinations also.

Lolth
2007-05-19, 02:49 PM
Alas, the poor Duelist. I kinda wish they'd do more for this type of PC, I'd be all over it.

I know, Swashbucklers, but they are verboten in our game. :(

Person_Man
2007-05-19, 03:21 PM
I can think of some good builds that involve a one handed weapon and an unarmed strike. But they basically revolve around TWF. Other than what people have already named, I can't think of anything else.

Droodle
2007-05-19, 03:33 PM
Unless the one handed weapon in question is a light weapon, any feats that work for two handed weapon fighting will also enhance one handed weapon fighting. The Bastard sword is a prime example. A warrior with EWP in bastard swords is probably still going to be using it 2 handed most of the time if he has no shield or off-hand weapon. However, with another feat, he'll be able to attack at reach at -4 if he holds the sword in one hand, thus increasing his versatility.

DSCrankshaw
2007-05-19, 07:54 PM
If it's a light, or at least finessable weapon, there's Deadly Defense from Complete Scoundrel. Extra damage when fighting defensively, usable with Combat Expertise for a lower attack bonus cost.

DreadArchon
2007-05-19, 10:54 PM
I suppose there's always "Gish who doesn't have enough feat selections open to take Somatic Weaponry," but I suppose that's not a good answer.