PDA

View Full Version : The new expansion(s?)

bwcMD
2007-05-19, 04:55 PM
Just wondering when we might find out more info on the Linear Guild expansion (as listed in news about GAMA, as well as in the events for GenCon). Obviously it's an expansion that allows the PCs to be the Linear Guild (duh), but beyond Nale, Thog, and Sabine, are we talking old LG or new LG? Or the option for either? Hoping for a couple of brief examples of new monsters and schticks (and hoping at least one of Thog's loot is a puppy! :thog: ).

Also on the GenCon program was a short game OOTS. Is this just incorporating some of the rules that have been posted here for shorter games (more starting schticks, loot, etc) or is this an entirely new expansion as well?

SPoD
2007-05-20, 08:40 AM
I'm going to guess that if it is a second expansion, then the GenCon listing was a "leak"--something that was made public before Rich was ready to announce it. We may not see it until sometime after the Linear Guild one, therefore.

bwcMD
2007-05-20, 01:13 PM
Well, given that Kevin is running the games, it's not that it can really be considered a leak--everyone knows the GenCon listing goes up in May. For those who are interested:

The Linear Guild
Get your evil twin on! Be the first to play the bad guys in this sneak preview of the upcoming expansion to the OOTS Adventure Game, featuring fully playable versions of villainous Nale, Sabine, Thog, and the rest.

and

Dungeon of Dorukan/The Shortening
Play the popular OOTS board game in just two hours with The Shortening expansion. With new monsters, new shticks, new backstories, and a certain lich who isn't going to just sit around and wait for you to get to the bottom of the dungeon, you'll have more fun in half the time.

Sounds as though Xykon may be mobile now. Anyone?

Moebius
2007-05-25, 04:30 PM
I'm going to guess that if it is a second expansion, then the GenCon listing was a "leak"--something that was made public before Rich was ready to announce it. We may not see it until sometime after the Linear Guild one, therefore.

Heh. Much the same thing happened last year - the Gen Con event listings included the OotS Adventure Game months before any other announcement was made. I even sent Rich an email, asking what was up; he said they weren't sure they'd have copies printed in time to sell at the Con, so he was holding off the announcement. Maybe the same thing's going on this year.

Sir Kobold
2007-05-30, 02:19 AM
At last! Dungeon of Dorukan is a great game, considerably better than Munchkin and slightly better than Magic: The Gathering too. Are there any new Oots expansions or new games anyone would like to see?

aaron_the_cow
2007-05-30, 06:47 PM
you can fight/play as :miko: :smallbiggrin:

Sir Kobold
2007-05-31, 02:15 AM
Hmm.. Personally, an Oots wargame would be pretty cool.

jwolfe
2007-06-03, 02:05 PM
Boardgame News shows it with a release date of "Fall 2007".

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/C50/

EdgarVerona
2007-06-03, 09:14 PM
Hmm... playing as Linear Guild would make for less harsh monster encounter possibilities, unless they were replaced with something equally harsh. I wonder if there'll be new dungeon cards to go with the expansions. I'd like to see some new locations, or at least an expansion on the variety in existing dungeon cards.

EDIT:

Hmm.. Personally, an Oots wargame would be pretty cool.

I second that, emphatically.

Sir Kobold
2007-06-05, 03:41 PM
Maybe they'll decide to have the Oots characters as enemies, just like they had the Linear Guild in the first game. One of the big questions for me is: are we getting the new or the old Linear Guild? I liked the new better, personally.

Arcade
2007-06-06, 08:07 AM
We should have a changing linear guild- you keep shuffling in new members as the old ones get toasted. And then Rich can introduce a whole new subset of wacky villains for us to play around with. You goal in the game is to make a Linear Guild that can actually succeed. Or at least lose with the least amount of downside.

Sholano
2009-10-24, 05:22 PM
Making a res attempt on this thread - did anything ever come of this? I can't seem to find any other references to the expanion(s), and I'm a little curious if they can be found everywhere, since my friends and I have been having fun with the original.

littlequietguy
2009-10-25, 12:44 AM
Making a res attempt on this thread - did anything ever come of this? I can't seem to find any other references to the expanion(s), and I'm a little curious if they can be found everywhere, since my friends and I have been having fun with the original.

I think that finishing up this will be the first project Rich works on after finishing Oots.

Spider76
2009-10-29, 09:45 AM
Please make an effort to get at least the shortening expansion out... really really love the game :smallfrown: